Gamestop cancels FE:Fates Special Edition Pre-orders made after 11/18

Viberum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting to be so stressful. I pre-ordered at 11/13, and with all these cancellations going on, I feel like I'm not 100% secured still... If they truly have limited stock I'm staying (regardless) in front of Gamestop at 9 AM just to triple check that I can get a copy in my hands, along with those key chains. Then comes the feeling of winning the lottery.... Sorry to all those affected by this.

Just a question. Since DLC is saved to the system, said DLC uses blocks on the system, correct? Then does that mean that if their system memory at full such that it's DLC from multiple games, then they can't buy anymore and would have to get a new 3DS?

Edited by Magician Lugh

Just a question. Since DLC is saved to the system, said DLC uses blocks on the system, correct? Then does that mean that if their system memory at full such that it's DLC from multiple games, then they can't buy anymore and would have to get a new 3DS?

DLC is saved to SD card, not system memory

That actually makes more sense that it's saved to the SD card. So hypothetically speaking... can't you just copy and paste the DLC from one SD card to another?

that's exactly what RiverVixen was trying to do. the data does recognize the system in which it was downloaded on though so you can't just use the DLC for multiple 3DS btw

While my pre-order seems to be safe, I was kinda mad about the super limited amount of the limited edition in general. I checked the day after the limited edition went up for pre-order, and ALL of the online stores were sold out. The only way I could pre-order it was through the Gamestop store. Nintendo: Make enough copies so that they won't sell out the day of. ><

And that'll work with 3DS's SD cards?

Yup. There's nothing special about the SD card in the 3DS.

No need.

Already have another 3DS. Necessary since already installed a capture card on my first one which I only use for recording purposes now! :D You can just put in the empty new SD Card in your second 3DS and transfer your data there!

That actually makes more sense that it's saved to the SD card. So hypothetically speaking... can't you just copy and paste the DLC from one SD card to another?

You can.

But...cannot duplicate it since they are trying to make a profit from it after all!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

I wonder how many Special Editions were made in total? For it to sell out so quickly it must not have been a lot. Normally I don't go for these kinds of things but the appeal of having all the routes on a single cartridge was too good to pass up and what I wanted: an actual in-game choice. Super glad I kept checking this site and someone pointed out Gamestop pre-orders were back up on 11/15 so I could order online. And shame on the glitch for getting people's hope up. Talk about a letdown.