Gamestop cancels FE:Fates Special Edition Pre-orders made after 11/18

Viberum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently dragging my friend into GameStop on 11/13 so we could preorder the Special Edition turned out to be a good move after all. The funny part is that he told me that we didn't need to hurry.

I guess it was naive to think this launch wouldn't be as problematic as Awakening's.

Get back to me when it's launch day and the only physical store chain to carry them is Target, and they only have three copies per store tucked away in the back.

Wow, chill out, they had a glitch, okay? It sucks, but things like this happen. It's not anyone's fault.

Anyway, I'm glad I was only after Birthright. Didn't need to worry about any of this at all.

Even though with the single cart two routes download option, we won't have the artbook. Might have to buy it at Amazon or something when they sell it alone! Since your not getting the Conquest path...if you choose to want to deal with the difficulty there are Phoenix/Casual Modes after all. They're there for a reason!

Glad that I was able to pre-order it the day after the direct. Hopefully the majority of these cancellations are scalpers.

They cannot steal the merchandice.

They would lose their job if they were to do that!

Honestly, while it is... aggravating that Gamestop's software glitched out on them, I am more upset regarding the limited stock of the special edition. When it was first announced I had already exceeded my budget for games/miniatures for novemeber (thanks XCOM!) and by the time I was able to get cash for a pre-order it had already sold out pretty much everywhere. I was looking foward to reading that art book... Anyways, I kinda wonder if IS and Nintendo intentionally limited production of the SE to try and create the who "limited market" thing like they did with Amibo. With how popular Fire Emblem has become in recent years, I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

Damn shame about the Gamestop software glitch though. You know that someone was screwed by it.

Happened with me when I've just bought Mario Kart 8 and Xenoblade Chronicles X this month. But...if they are out...the conquest game will have to come into play since I'm not going to pay those leechers for it!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Mine was preordered the 14th of November. I received no call anyway. Mine's paid in full and i had double checked that my preorder was ok a while ago. heres hoping my local gamestop will throw in the keychains for the preorder bonus for mine. I dont have the ones they are giving away.

Good thing I managed to talk my mom in to stopping by My GameStop and preordering for me on November 13th, this is really sad for the people who could not preorder early. I know that they had problems with supplies of Awakening when it came out ( I was lucky in that I was able to get the FE 3DS a week after it came out from Gamestop), but this is one of the worst screw ups I have seen GameStop do. I can see why people are mad. I guess once again Nintendo had no idea how popular FE is in North America, just like with the FE Amiibos.

Eh... I gave up on the preorder when I realized it was still only available at gamestop anyways. I refuse to buy anything from them.

They also sell the bundle at Best Buy.

It'll suck if it's limited time only.

-----

Conquest game for me if all else fails. That's what'll do since Reggie is giving us these inevitable games (Like with excitement of localization of Mother 1) and avoid paying more than we should for these.

They also sell the bundle at Best Buy.

It'll suck if it's limited time only.

Yeah I know. Was busy and by the time I saw the special announcement bestbuy and amazon were already sold out. It's not a big deal to me - the extras aren't must haves for me, so the only real bonus would be having all of it on 1 card and getting revelations early. Would have been nice to get all three for 64$ too but eh?

I was one of the people affected by this. I didn't think I had to worry about stock being so low because it wasn't mentioned as limited. Besides I didn't have any money at the time to pre-order with and thought it best to wait until I had some Christmas money. I now wish I had dug out my loose change maybe I would of had enough to make a pre-order. I thought I had been pretty lucky grabbing a pre-order on 12/18/15 after I heard how hard it was to get the game. But nope no luck here. Because of this I can't play all three paths. I should of never tried to get back into the series.

I was one of the people affected by this. I didn't think I had to worry about stock being so low because it wasn't mentioned as limited. Besides I didn't have any money at the time to pre-order with and thought it best to wait until I had some Christmas money. I now wish I had dug out my loose change maybe I would of had enough to make a pre-order. I thought I had been pretty lucky grabbing a pre-order on 12/18/15 after I heard how hard it was to get the game. But nope no luck here. Because of this I can't play all three paths. I should of never tried to get back into the series.

Why not?

My good friend told me about this piece of news and I rushed to look at my receipt. Luckily, I preordered it on 11/13, so I was safe, but I shortly went to Gamestop to make sure that I wasn't off the list. When they check on their computer, they said that none of their orders were affected, so I guess I lucked out.

I feel bad for anyone who wasn't so lucky :(

Why not?

I don't have enough blocks on my SD card and after I looked at my and my mom's computers to see if I could possibly buy a new one and transfer data from the old one to a new one I learned something. My computers don't have SD card slots.

I don't have enough blocks on my SD card and after I looked at my and my mom's computers to see if I could possibly buy a new one and transfer data from the old one to a new one I learned something. My computers don't have SD card slots.

You can get a usb to sd/microsd adapter for like... 5$ I'd bet just fyi :)

like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-SuperSpeed-Windows-Certain-Android/dp/B00OJ5WBUE/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1452998631&sr=1-2&keywords=usb+sd+adapter

Edited by ckc22