Localization Info Topic

VincentASM

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derrick replied to my tweet asking for a clarification on Kanna's English name. It's Kana. https://twitter.com/BitnerdGX/status/697227647508549632

Also, from Polygon's recent video showcasing Izana, Zoura is now Zola.

Oh thank the gods. I prefer Kana over Fuma. I hope that's still for the male!Kana too.

Curious why they changed it to Zola?

As for the other names, I like them and will enjoy getting to know them~

Oh thank the gods. I prefer Kana over Fuma. I hope that's still for the male!Kana too.

Curious why they changed it to Zola?

As for the other names, I like them and will enjoy getting to know them~

Well, Zoura and Zola are similar. Zola might be a way to translate Zoura.

Well, Zoura and Zola are similar. Zola might be a way to translate Zoura.

True and to me it would be easier to pronounce.

The only reason I can see them changing Zoura to Zola is so people don't mix his name up with Zora from TLoZ.

Hahaha so true!

The only reason I can see them changing Zoura to Zola is so people don't mix his name up with Zora from TLoZ.

Didn't prevent them from renaming Kinu to Selkie (A Zelda item and race). Plus, it also contains the letters to make up the Pokemon, Zorua. XD

Didn't prevent them from renaming Kinu to Selkie (A Zelda item and race). Plus, it also contains the letters to make up the Pokemon, Zorua. XD

Selkie is a race in Zelda? Hmmmm, learn something new everyday.Oh yeah that too XD

maybe he means, Keaton? :v

I got those confused, didn't I? >.<

Edit: Just realized I was thinking about the Selkie from Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles not the Keaton in Zelda. My bad.

Edited by KazeNinja17

I don't think it was mentioned directly, but Flannel has been confirmed to be named Keaton.

Regarding the above with Zola, he's right. It's also why Cyrus could become Silas without changing the original Japanese.

Anyone have any info if Weapon Master, Great Merchant, Exorcist, Falcon Warrior, Holy Lancer, or Holy Bowman are going to be changed?

I believe Holy Bowman is now Sniper.

Edited by fiaaemburem

I bet that Falcon Warrior will be become Falcon Knight so it's in keeping with Sky Knight and Kinshi Knight.

I've heard that Herb Merchant is now Apothecary. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Leif

I've heard that Herb Merchant is now Apothecary. Can anyone confirm this?

So far I haven't seen anything to directly confirm or deny this, but during the Character Creation when you choose your secondary base class for your Avatar (Talents I think it was called) the option of becoming Herb Merchant is listed as Apothecary. However this isn't direct evidence since the option that gives you Spear Fighter is listed as Lancer, and Wyvern Rider as Dragon. They do have some of the classes listed correctly though: examples are Sky Knight, Samurai, and Outlaw, which indicate that at least some of these are more than mere descriptions of the classes but are indeed the class names themselves.

See Page 2 of this thread for the full list.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate