Localization Info Topic

VincentASM

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it! Those are the localized names of all playable characters. I'm very happy with them overall, well, aside from Arthur and Selena since we have two characters in the FE series with those names already. =/

I would have had Arthur keep his "Harold" name and I would have had Selena be re-named to "Selene".

Edited by Leif

That's it! Those are the localized names of all playable characters. I'm very happy with them overall, well, aside from Arthur and Selena since we have two characters in the FE series with those names already. =/

I would have had Arthur keep his "Harold" name and I would have had Selena be re-named to "Selene".

We also have two Ignatius' since there was a boss in Awakening named Ignatius. And while I don't agree with Arthur since we never got that Arthur's game, I do agree with Selena since I feel Selene would have fit with Odin's god name theme, which Laslow punted out the window with his horrible name (which headcannon tells me that he came up with it and thus proves he's bad with coming up with names)

Well, we've got all the localized player character names. Though, technically, did we ever get the spelling for Dwyer's name? I know it was heard in that one video, but I haven't seen anyone mention it's spelling.

I think it's been accepted as "Dwyer" for the spelling since that's the common way to spell it.

And while I don't agree with Arthur since we never got that Arthur's game, I do agree with Selena since I feel Selene would have fit with Odin's god name theme, which Laslow punted out the window with his horrible name (which headcannon tells me that he came up with it and thus proves he's bad with coming up with names)

Hey, Arthur was in Awakening as a legacy character :B

We also have two Ignatius' since there was a boss in Awakening named Ignatius. And while I don't agree with Arthur since we never got that Arthur's game, I do agree with Selena since I feel Selene would have fit with Odin's god name theme, which Laslow punted out the window with his horrible name (which headcannon tells me that he came up with it and thus proves he's bad with coming up with names)

Oh, that boss from Awakening. Wow, I forgot all about him. Yeah, now that you mention it, that irks me a tad too.

I think it's inevitable that characters will share the same names as previous FE characters, due to the large amount of recruitable characters in the franchise.

Edited by Leif

Oh, that boss from Awakening. Wow, I forgot all about him. Yeah, now that you mention it, that irks me a tad too.

I think it's inevitable that characters will share the same names as previous FE characters, due to the large amount of recruitable characters in the franchise.

That and you're never going to avoid coming across someone who shares a name with another person in real life. As long as a Fire Emblem character doesn't share their name with a lord (unless done on purpose for story reasons), I don't mind seeing names reused.

Not sure if it exactly counts as localization info, but I managed to compile the full lyrics to Azura's song with the help of some other users on my blog. I put them in spoilers below. You can compare them to the original/translated one here. Mostly useful for trivia purposes, I assume, but it is a localization none-the-less.

You are the ocean’s gray waves
Destined to seek
Life beyond the shore
Just out of reach

Yet the waters ever change
Flowing like time
That path is yours to climb

In the white light
A hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Waking dreams fade away
Embrace the brand new day

Sing with me a song
Of birthrights and love
The light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the gloom
White as a bone

Lost in thoughts, all alone

Embrace the dark,
You call a home.
Gaze your eyes upon an empty white throne,
A legacy of lies,
A familiar, disguise.

Sing with me a song, of conquests and fates
The black pillar cracks, beneath its weight.
Night breaks through, the day,
Hard as a stone

Lost in thoughts, all alone

Life is not just filled with happiness
Nor sorrow
Even the thorn in your heart
In time it may become
A rose

Sing with me a song
Of silence and blood
The rain falls but
Can’t wash away the mud
Within my ancient heart dwells madness and pride
Can no one hear my cry?

Destined to seek life beyond the shore
Just out of reach
Yet the waters ever change
Flowing like time
That path is yours to climb

Edited by Kirokan

A few minor localization notes for skills, from this Siliconera article:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15/making-home-hoshido-fire-emblem-fates-birthright/

1. Breaking Sky has been renamed Rend Heaven.

2. Flamboyant remains the same.

3. Hoshidan Capture is just Capture (at least that's what it says. I'm a bit skeptical.)

4. Hana's Tomboy is now Fearsome Blow.

A few minor localization notes for skills, from this Siliconera article:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15/making-home-hoshido-fire-emblem-fates-birthright/

1. Breaking Sky has been renamed Rend Heaven.

2. Flamboyant remains the same.

3. Hoshidan Capture is just Capture (at least that's what it says. I'm a bit skeptical.)

4. Hana's Tomboy is now Fearsome Blow.

I think AbdallahSmash026 hovered over Orochi's personal skill when he showed her off, but then again I'm not sure if units get their personal skills right off the bat or if they learn them when they level up.

Thanks all!

I'm updating the name chart right now, but has anyone seen Deere? I'll just skip over him for now.

Its been said to be Dwyer now, but I have no idea what the source is. I think it was a verbal confirmation during a stream?