Localization Info Topic

VincentASM

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abdallah is doing Chapter 10 on Hoshido in the ninja village and the boss Kotarou is now Kotaro, so yeah.

Also the forest is Mokushu.

Autumn Festal is now Wane Festal

Edited by Andreyas

Abdallah is doing Chapter 10 on Hoshido in the ninja village and the boss Kotarou is now Kotaro, so yeah.

Also the forest is Mokushu.

In fact the Principality of Fuuma has been completely translated to Mokushu. I love how Kotaro has been voice-acted, by the way, and how he is now referred to as the Daimyo of Mokushu. (Guess that means I'll be changing my profile soon)

I'll update more as I watch the episode.

Kagerou's Dazzling Dart is now just Kagero's Dart

Setsuna's Loose-bow is now Setsuna's Yumi

Chopsticks is just Chopstick without the S

Hoe is still Hoe

Sunrise Katana, not sure what that was?

Enfeeble - was that Weakness?

That is all for now.

Edited by Andreyas

There isn't anything on the Katana page that really matches up with it. Only thing I can think of that might match up would be the Spirit Katana.

Guess it could also be the Iado Katana (Quickdraw Katana), if they were going for something like "strikes early" with Sunrise.

Guess it could also be the Iado Katana (Quickdraw Katana), if they were going for something like "strikes early" with Sunrise.

The Quickdraw Katana is now the Practice Katana.

My guess is that it's Hoshido's Mist Blade. The Hoshidan armory is now the Dawn armory, and Sunrise and Dawn are similar, so maybe.

Something I would like to mention is that Basara and Strategist are still the same based on articles from Silicronia.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15/making-home-hoshido-fire-emblem-fates-birthright/

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/12/preparing-battles-nohr-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/

Something I would like to mention is that Basara and Strategist are still the same based on articles from Silicronia.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15/making-home-hoshido-fire-emblem-fates-birthright/

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/12/preparing-battles-nohr-fire-emblem-fates-conquest/

It's interesting that they chose to keep Strategists for this one instead of renaming them Valkyries, but it makes sense due to there being male Trobadours now.

That and you're never going to avoid coming across someone who shares a name with another person in real life. As long as a Fire Emblem character doesn't share their name with a lord (unless done on purpose for story reasons), I don't mind seeing names reused.

Fun fact about the JP Kamui name...

That name was originally for a unit in Gaiden.

(This is for Japan to Japan names, not counting stuff like Robin in Gaiden to Robin in Awakening.)

Well, hearing that Strategists are still there is interesting, but I already heard that Basara was the same, which is why I didn't mention it in my previous post. But taking a close look at the Nohr article has a few other things worth mentioning.

1. Niles' personal skill is also named Capture.

2. 2 of the skills Laslow had, which Soleil could get, are Good Fortune and Strong Riposte. Good Fortune is Stubbornness, but no way to identify Strong Riposte.

3. Selena's personal skill is Fierce Rival.

4. The male equivalent of Demoiselle is Gentilhomme.

5. Forrest's Foul Play is renamed Fierce Counter.

Well, hearing that Strategists are still there is interesting, but I already heard that Basara was the same, which is why I didn't mention it in my previous post. But taking a close look at the Nohr article has a few other things worth mentioning.

1. Niles' personal skill is also named Capture.

2. 2 of the skills Laslow had, which Soleil could get, are Good Fortune and Strong Riposte. Good Fortune is Stubbornness, but no way to identify Strong Riposte.

3. Selena's personal skill is Fierce Rival.

4. The male equivalent of Demoiselle is Gentilhomme.

5. Forrest's Foul Play is renamed Fierce Counter.

We already know that Niles' Nohrian Restraint is named Kidnap now. It's just that the command in battle is Capture.

Strong Riposte is almost certainly Patient Assurance. I hope the author eventually realizes that those are just the basic Mercenary skills and that she starts with them regardless of inheritance.

Edited by gayserbeam

Hmm weird. This is what wikipedia said (There is nothing on Wolfseggner, but there is on Wolfssegen).

The Wolfssegner, or more generally Segner were mostly destitute elderly men who made a living by selling charms or incantations. They were mostly tolerated in the 16th century, but from the 1590s they began to be persecuted as witches. During the early 1600s (decade), a number of Wolfssegner were tried and executed as werewolves. Apparently, the Wolfssegner often used fraudulent scams in order to convince the peasants of their magical power.

Hmm weird. This is what wikipedia said (There is nothing on Wolfseggner, but there is on Wolfssegen).

The Wolfssegner, or more generally Segner were mostly destitute elderly men who made a living by selling charms or incantations. They were mostly tolerated in the 16th century, but from the 1590s they began to be persecuted as witches. During the early 1600s (decade), a number of Wolfssegner were tried and executed as werewolves. Apparently, the Wolfssegner often used fraudulent scams in order to convince the peasants of their magical power.

It is reasons like this that I really love a lot the localization changes, most of them are really well thought out and have tons of cultural references that are applicable for the subject that is being localized. They aren't half-assing it.

That's badass.

I am loving this localization.

On a side note, have you guys seen a ton of advertisements for Fates? I am getting a Fates commercial practically every other youtube video I watch. It's kinda satisfying that FE is getting a lot of love now.

That's badass.

I am loving this localization.

On a side note, have you guys seen a ton of advertisements for Fates? I am getting a Fates commercial practically every other youtube video I watch. It's kinda satisfying that FE is getting a lot of love now.

Google ads--which are the youtube ads--are based on the data they have on you, via your google search history, youtube videos you watch and, if you use chrome, every website you visit.