Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I'm not sure if I'll actually warm up to Dartrix and Rowlet3. I like Rowlet3, but the evolution line makes like no sense.
It's like; Owl -> Butler/Magician -> Archer.
I mean, what? Someone please enlighten me on this Pokemon logic.

Also, fun fact of the day, Mudsdale weighs 2028.3 lbs and is 8'02".
So it's like an actual full size Horse (according to Google). 2 feet taller, but the weight is almost at the very top of the scale.

Primal Groudon, the heaviest Pokemon, weighs 2,204.4 lbs, and is 16'05".

Mudsdale is the 4th heaviest Pokemon, only surpassed by Mega Metagross, Groudon, and the above Primal form.

I mean, I know horses are huge and heavy, but jesus.

Also another fun fact, Alolan Exeggutor outweighs it's "normal" brother by ~700 lbs.

its also 29' 02" taller too but thats to be expected

Edited by Emerson

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I'll actually warm up to Dartrix and Rowlet3. I like Rowlet3, but the evolution line makes like no sense.

Also, fun fact of the day, Mudsdale weighs 2028.3 lbs and is 8'02".

So it's like an actual full size Horse (according to Google). 2 feet taller, but the weight is almost at the very top of the scale.

Primal Groudon, the heaviest Pokemon, weighs 2,204.4 lbs, and is 16'05".

Mudsdale is the 4th heaviest Pokemon, only surpassed by Mega Metagross, Groudon, and the above Primal form.

I mean, I know horses are huge and heavy, but jesus.

Also another fun fact, Alolan Exeggutor outweighs it's "normal" brother by ~700 lbs.

its also 29' 02" taller too but thats to be expected

Clydesdales, the real life horse Mudsdale is based on, can grow to over 18 hands tall. A hand is four inches, so this would be 72 inches or 6 feet. A horse is measured from the ground to its withers.

Mature Clydesdales weigh between 1600 and 2400 pounds, as much as a Volkswagen beetle. So really, Mudsdale is not that different than them.

Clydesdales, the real life horse Mudsdale is based on, can grow to over 18 hands tall. A hand is four inches, so this would be 72 inches or 6 feet. A horse is measured from the ground to its withers.

Mature Clydesdales weigh between 1600 and 2400 pounds, as much as a Volkswagen beetle. So really, Mudsdale is not that different than them.

I'd say 2 whole feet six hands whatever i dont know horse stuff also im alergic to them taller than "top height" is pretty significant. Even if it's feet are covered in mud, that's a lot for also not being at that 2,400 lbs.

Edited by Emerson

Hey, it still looks like an owl at least.

I mean, it could be a fish turning into an octopus or something.

(Never letting GF live that one down, ever.)

A gun to a cannon

Robin Hood. One of the most common versions of the myth had Robin of Locksley as a vain, squanderous youth who became Robin Hood after being fully enlightened to his behavior.

I know this (though I never really saw how Ramoraid looks like a gun).

It's still a fish becoming an octopus.

Actually, it's a reference to an old game that Gamefreak did before they made Pokemon. It was an auto-scrolling shooter, with the most common kind of enemies being blue fish that could turn into red octopi.

I know this (though I never really saw how Ramoraid looks like a gun).

It's still a fish becoming an octopus.

If you pay attention in the 3D games, whenever Remoraid or Octillery uses a beam attack, they are shown being "thrown back by the recoil" as if they were using a real gun.

Also pay attention to the positions and shapes of Remoraid's fins. They seems to be styled after guns.

This picture might help:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu5-_FxmaN5dIOmFMksoQ2FLo02szremwBoeCgPPwOu1SsuS9l

Edited by Water Mage

Actually, it's a reference to an old game that Gamefreak did before they made Pokemon. It was an auto-scrolling shooter, with the most common kind of enemies being blue fish that could turn into red octopi.

What game is it and what is it on

For me it was always between Rowlet and Litten, but I had already decided on Rowlet by the time the leaks were showed. WrassleCat looks awesome.

At first it was Litten, but then I saw those leaks and Popplio started growing on me, and then we later got solid evidence of the leaks being real. Mermaid Popplio is the most beautiful design I've ever seen in Pokemon so far. <3

This is also the first time that the Water starter is my favorite by such a margin. It was either the Fire or Grass starter before, except for gen 1 and in that case it took me awhile to choose between Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and now it's Squirtle. But not by a lot. I'm not real big on any of the gen 1 starters these days.

I left off right before challenging Fantina in Diamond and now I have five badges and can use Surf, wee. ^^ Fuego Ironworks and routes 219-221 are a-go!

Edited by Anacybele

I apologize for not finding this on my own since it's been said numerous times in this thread, but I must ask when we will get the next batch of news tomorrow.

Tomorrow, the usual time (whenever every other trailer has been uploaded in your time zone).

According to serebii.

"The next Pokémon Sun & Moon information is to be released on October 27th at 22:00 JST which is 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 09:00 EDT, 06:00 PDT"

Oh wow I thought it was on friday along with the Generations Episode. ZINNIA THEME INCOMING

I should probably put this in the unpopular opinions thread, but Zinnia's theme isn't really one of my favorites. It's good, maybe great, but not outstanding. Maybe I should just listen to it clearly more...

In regard to starters, my roommate is probably picking Rowlet, so I want to choose one of the others. Problem is, I can't choose between Popplio (nicknamed Azura or Shigure depending on gender) or Litten (nicknamed Furio Tigre). Can anyone give me advice?

Edited by Lightchao42

I should probably put this in the unpopular opinions thread, but Zinnia's theme isn't really one of my favorites. It's good, maybe great, but not outstanding.

In regard to starters, my roommate is probably picking Rowlet, so I want to choose one of the others. Problem is, I can't choose between Popplio (nicknamed Azura or Shigure depending on gender) or Litten (nicknamed Furio Tigre). Can anyone give me advice?

Flip a coin.

It's a magical device.