Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I for one can't wait to have Tiger Mask. One of my favorite starter designs.

Do you mean this Tiger Mask?

post-24145-0-81601900-1475602237_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry

But anyway, I'm happy to see another person that saw the similarity between Tiger Mask and Litten's final evo.

The drop in Litten's popularity was most likely due it's final evolution.

And the drop in Moon's popularity might be becuase the whole reverse time thing. Not sure on that one though.

Also an interesting thing to note as well as pointed out on another board

The Dartrix french name is EFFLECHE

Fleche = French for Arrow

And here it is another proof that Rowlet's final evo will probably that Leaked one.

Seriously, the proofs that we have are more than enough to...well, prove it.

Anyway, I was unsure on what starter to choose, but now I think I'll go with Litten, mainly because that final evolution seriously needs more love because of how amazing It is(or maybe i just have horrible tastes), to be honest.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who actually used the underground function in GEN 4?

Me. You could get fossils and heart scales in the underground.

So the evos, I thought Brionne looked (obscenely and offensively)stupid while Dartrix and Torracat looked pretty neat. I like how the box will actually make the Pokemon you throw in there matter a lot more than just breed or trade fodder. Ash-Greninja hype babyyyyyyyyy

Who actually used the underground function in GEN 4?

I did, when my cousin and friends got Gen 4, it was handy for easily getting stones too.

Also I gotta say, all 3 middle forms look pretty lame.

Edited by Jedi

>just watched video

>ASH-GRENINJA

Fuck

On the bright side, I actually think Litten's second form is kind of cute so I don't dislike it anymore. That said, if its final evolved form is still that wrestler thing then I'm still not going to pick it. Still picking Rowlet here.

I used the Underground constantly. I really enjoyed digging for stuff! And it was great for getting stones and fossils. Also, it made gen 4 the only generation where it was possible to get infinite Max Revives. They were still pretty rare, but you could find them in the Underground!

Edited by Anacybele

Based on the file size it seems that the demo will contain a good portion of the game, so get ready for everything to be datamined a month before the games actually release.

Hopefully GF will smarten up this time and not include everything in the demo...

Edited by Lightchao42

I hope the demo doesn't contain too much. Something similar to what we got for ORAS would be just fine. It didn't actually include any of the adventure, just little missions you go on with Steven and obtain stuff you could bring to the main game.

I hope the demo doesn't contain too much. Something similar to what we got for ORAS would be just fine. It didn't actually include any of the adventure, just little missions you go on with Steven and obtain stuff you could bring to the main game.

We've got an equivocational misunderstanding here.

The ORAS demo contained the data for every single pokemon, including the models, base stats, and abilities for unannounced megas. Dataminers dug them up super quickly and Pokemon Showdown implemented them before the game even came out.

If it's anything like that, we'll be finding out the entire pokedex a month early.

Edited by The DanMan

The one major thing that bothers me about Poplio's middle evolution is actually its name. Brionne sounds like a perfectly fine name, except for the part where it sounds very similar to and may well be derived from the name "Briony/Bryony", which is an exclusively feminine name. Say what you will about Gardevoir, but at least the name didn't have any connotations of being either male or female ...

knowing pokemon names, I'd assume it has a way more silly reason for the name. but even so, if you don't mind me asking, what is the issue with a feminine sounding name for the species?

The one major thing that bothers me about Poplio's middle evolution is actually its name. Brionne sounds like a perfectly fine name, except for the part where it sounds very similar to and may well be derived from the name "Briony/Bryony", which is an exclusively feminine name. Say what you will about Gardevoir, but at least the name didn't have any connotations of being either male or female ...

Eh, Pokemon obviously themed to be a certain gender have been around for a long time (Machoke, anybody?). It doesn't bother me that much.

We've got an equivocational misunderstanding here.

The ORAS demo contained the data for every single pokemon, including the models, base stats, and abilities for unannounced megas. Dataminers dug them up super quickly and Pokemon Showdown implemented them before the game even came out.

If it's anything like that, we'll be finding out the entire pokedex a month early.

...Huh? I never said anything about datamined stuff I'm no hacker or anything, so I don't pay any attention to what actual hackers find. I'm talking about what we'll see by just playing the demo.

Chikorita is guitly of the same thing and it was never a problem.

knowing pokemon names, I'd assume it has a way more silly reason for the name. but even so, if you don't mind me asking, what is the issue with a feminine sounding name for the species?

Starters are historically 87.5% male, unless the starter ratio has been changed in this generation. Personally, I think starters should be designed gender neutral since they are the starter Pokemon, but 87.5% male means it'll be male more often than female. So it feels odd that they'd give something that only has a 12.5% chance of being female an overly feminine appearance and name. After all, Kirlia and Gardevoir were male only 50% of the time.

And before I get things about "it's a Pokemon, you can't apply human notions of masculinity of femininity to it", that argument falls flat because the people who created Pokemon ARE humans. Who can and probably do apply human notions of masculinity and femininity to Pokemon. The Hitmonline are all male, for example, and Pokemon like Lilligant and Jynx and Flabebe are all female.

Chikorita is guitly of the same thing and it was never a problem.

Personally, I never thought Chikorita looked overly feminine nor do I think its name is feminine. It reminds me of bananas, not a female name.

Edited by Sunwoo

...Huh? I never said anything about datamined stuff I'm no hacker or anything, so I don't pay any attention to what actual hackers find. I'm talking about what we'll see by just playing the demo.

You said it seemingly in response to a statement concerning the size of the demo and what happened with ORAS-- it seemed like you just didn't fully understand.

Personally, I never thought Chikorita looked overly feminine nor do I think its name is feminine. It reminds me of bananas, not a female name.

You are aware that Chikorita's name is a combination of chicory and the feminine suffix -ita?

You are aware that Chikorita's name is a combination of chicory and the feminine suffix -ita?

While I am aware that "-ita" is a feminine suffix, I don't know what a chicory is. In which case that's a case of me not recognizing the name as sounding like something feminine. Also, I never thought Chikorita looked overly feminine nor was I even playing Pokemon until this June, so I wouldn't be aware people's reactions to Pokemon prior to when I started playing in the first place.

I think starters should be 50-50 in the first place anyway, and if they want to make them 87.5% male at least try to design them as gender neutral as possible.

Starters are historically 87.5% male, unless the starter ratio has been changed in this generation. Personally, I think starters should be designed gender neutral since they are the starter Pokemon, but 87.5% male means it'll be male more often than female. So it feels odd that they'd give something that only has a 12.5% chance of being female an overly feminine appearance and name. After all, Kirlia and Gardevoir were male only 50% of the time.

And before I get things about "it's a Pokemon, you can't apply human notions of masculinity of femininity to it", that argument falls flat because the people who created Pokemon ARE humans. Who can and probably do apply human notions of masculinity and femininity to Pokemon. The Hitmonline are all male, for example, and Pokemon like Lilligant and Jynx and Flabebe are all female.

I can see some grounds for odd, even if that's also can be pretty subjective, but I guess I really don't see the issue with some overlap on masculine and feminine characteristics

thanks for expanding either way

You said it seemingly in response to a statement concerning the size of the demo and what happened with ORAS-- it seemed like you just didn't fully understand.

Oh, oops, my bad. It seems I actually did misunderstand a bit then, I thought that poster was referring to what we'd be seeing while playing the demo, not what would be found via datamining.

Edited by Anacybele

While I am aware that "-ita" is a feminine suffix, I don't know what a chicory is. In which case that's a case of me not recognizing the name as sounding like something feminine. Also, I never thought Chikorita looked overly feminine nor was I even playing Pokemon until this June, so I wouldn't be aware people's reactions to Pokemon prior to when I started playing in the first place.

I think starters should be 50-50 in the first place anyway, and if they want to make them 87.5% male at least try to design them as gender neutral as possible.

The reason they're 87.5% male is because it's rude to mess with gifts. Because females pass down species, it's to make them harder (but still possible) to breed more of and nothing more.

Most 87.5% male Pokémon are gift Pokémon ore were originally, Eevee was given by Bill and couldn't be found in the wild til the second half of Gen V iirc, Riolu was obtained via an egg from Riley in the Gen IV games, Fossil Pokémon, Zorua, Togepi (egg from Mr. Pokémon iirc), elemental monkeys (given before Striaton Gym in B/W)

The only ones I can think of that aren't are Combee (for added difficulty in obtaining Vespiquen), Snorlax and Relicanth (No clue why on these).

Edited by Glaceon Mage

The only ones I can think of that aren't are Combee (for added difficulty in obtaining Vespiquen), Snorlax and Relicanth (No clue why on these).

Well, Snorlax is also fairly rare to obtain. Finding one is not the problem since usually they put one per Gen sleeping to wake up and fight as part of advancing the game. Finding more is the chore. Perhaps they wanted to keep it that way. And even after Munchlax was introducing, it also wasn't easy to find.

No clue on Relicanth.

Edited by Acacia Sgt