Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I finished the game (or rather the elite 4) :D

Damn Hala was really tough on my team. He had something to answer to everything i had in my team. It got to the point where no matter what i had he'd kill it. I ended up getting saved by Marowak enduring 2 hits at 1 hp while i revived other pokemon. Then He flare blitz his Bewear at the end.

The rest were more or less straightfoward. Snorlax basically tanked the Rock Kahuna. He metronomed power swap during Carbink. Nothing could kill 3hko after that lol. I let him die at the end though so someone else could get some exp. Marowak basically solo'ed the ghost type and both Snorlax and Marowak won the Flying type. The champion was mostly done in by Snorlax.

I enjoyed it, i think it is the first elite 4 that gave me so much trouble, when we were both roughly at the same level.

Edited by SlayerX

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurray, I leveled up my Plaza enough so that I can ask people to send me their favorite buildings, and I got a restaurant with two stars. Now I just need to figure out how to improve upon that so I can completely remove all EV's and I'm all set.

Seriously, I hate that Plaza, it's so damn confusing and I honestly dislike pretty much everything about it.

By the way, do you guys know a good place to level up your Pokémon to level 50 so you can play online? The only place I can think of is the league, but that takes a long time, and it's difficult if you want to train up several Pokémon at once. X&Y had those resturants you could use.

By the way, do you guys know a good place to level up your Pokémon to level 50 so you can play online? The only place I can think of is the league, but that takes a long time, and it's difficult if you want to train up several Pokémon at once. X&Y had those resturants you could use.

There's the Battle Buffet in the mall in Hau'oli City. I don't know how their level scales, though, though according to Serebii they get a power boost after the Elite Four.

The professor gives you a lucky egg after you beat the elite four when you talk to him at his cabin, so make sure to pick it up if you haven't yet.

Edited by SlayerX

Welp, the Battle Buffet just pits you against level 55 Pokémon and you're limited to 10 turn. It's alright but a far cry from how it was in Kalos. I don't understand why they'd make leveling up things more tedious, unless I'm really missing something vital here.

The Battle Buffet is also only available once per day.

The professor gives you a lucky egg after you beat the elite four when you talk to him at his cabin, so make sure to pick it up if you haven't yet.

Awesome, that'll help a lot, thanks!

Edited by Thane

You could also put your main team in Poke Pelago when you're not playing the game.

Isle Evelup can give your Pokemon some Exp.

Yeah I know, but it takes a very long time apparently, but I guess that might just be the easiest solution. It just feels a bit backwards compared to X&Y, as does the Festival Plaza.

Hee hee...

PjJCwv.jpgXSCZsf.jpg
-Nasty Plot
-Substitute/Iron Tail
-Thunder Wave
-Electro Ball

Pikachu(Sara)

BXKHCR.jpg4SbSMk.jpg
Unknown since I'm avoiding spoilers as much as possible.

Brionne(Azure)

FocB2G.jpgGQLZcG.jpg
Unknown since I'm avoiding spoilers as much as possible.

Trumbeak(Garula)
My first Aloha region Pokemon that I've ever viewed and caught.

PH5FPl.jpgHurerg.jpg
-Toxic
-Softboiled
-Refresh
-Ice Beam

I can never get enough of these magic sponges.
xpuvjN.jpgF9ZEHn.jpgNADoZe.jpg
Ash's Greninja
pGKIDb.png
****UBER**** ****UBER**** ****UBER**** ****UBER**** ****UBER**** ****UBER****
HP 72(Normal) Attk 145 (50 more than the average ones) Def 67 (Normal) Sp.Attk 153 (50 more than the normal ones) Sp.Def 71 (Normal) Speed 132 (10 more than the average ones)
They rated it Uber. Outta be with this one...plus it's mutated form is <333333
Greninja has a new form. Just got mine and it truly is Uber tier now that it's more ridiculous than the other ones. Outta be great since I watch the anime and have the entire collection.

-Water Shuriken

-Substitute/Hidden Power(Elec/Grass)/Night Slash

-Toxic

-Spikes

Got Naive for Water Shuriken being Sp based and needing a mixed attacker to do so.

Only seems to happen for those who are using a save hack of some sort.

Since I have the digital version, I won't have to worry, right?

I just want to confirm it, since it made me a bit a paranoid and ever since Pokemon Stadium I developed an habit of saving in Pokemon Centers.

Those who played Stadium know what I mean.

Since I have the digital version, I won't have to worry, right?

I just want to confirm it, since it made me a bit a paranoid and ever since Pokemon Stadium I developed an habit of saving in Pokemon Centers.

Those who played Stadium know what I mean.

Absolutely correct.

Catch a Fletchling, evolve it into Fletchinder, and cheese the trial. Mine was a good four levels below the totem, and it literally soloed them (all the other Pokemon on my team existed to switch in so I could revive Fletchinder). You'll need a LOT of Super Potions for this, though!

The best part about this is that Fletchinder can get Flame Body, and along with Ember, it means you have a chance at burning the other team.

Congrats on beating it, though! This post is here to help anyone else that gets stuck in the same spot.

Er, if you already knew I beat it, why'd you give any advice? xP

I already had a bird on my team anyway (Flit the Trumbeak, which is now a Toucannon, but I eventually swapped it out for Elsa the Alolan Vulpix).

Man, having an Alolan Vulpix named Elsa makes me want Pokemon named Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven too. XD (gods I loved that movie!)

Of course, Olaf and Kristoff would also be Ice types tho... :P Sven would be a winter Sawsbuck. And Anna...not sure yet. I think a Fire type just to make this Frozen team a bit more balanced.

I finally got my copy of Pokemon Sun today and so far its pretty good. Team Skull is charmingly dumb and Hau and Lillie are good so far.

Starting today i'm the proud owner of not one, not two, but fourteen cutieflies. only the last one decided not to have the useless honey gatherer as ability.

Okay, a question, because I really don't know honestly.

Do Dusk balls work on the Tapus?
Because their areas are very bright even though they're inside, so.

This_is_the_day_we_have_waited_for.jpg

What a ride.

This has been better than X and Y in every single way. Yeah, the story ended up a bit anticlimactic and left some things hanging, but there was a lot of good to it. The game has also been surprisingly challenging and ended up balancing the EXP share somewhat. It has a ton of new Pokemon that I really like (albeit too many Kanto 'mons).

I can safely say that Moon is my second favorite game in the series, and has gotten me back into Pokemon. Now, for that 'dex completion...

Edited by The DanMan

I used Dusk Balls on the two that I fought so far and they worked quite well, so either I got immensely lucky, or they count for the Duck Ball modifier(which places like that usually do, anyway)

We have a new Pokeball to catch duck-inspired Pokemon? :P: