Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

People are still holding Ryoma balls about not giving Elise the medicine, right?

Like I said in a previous thread, he was just treating her like the adult she technically is.

I would like to file a complaint about the S-rank in general, please. A lot of supports are really good as platonic relationship but, as soon as that curiosity hits and one selects that S-rank, the beautiful vision has been dispersed. I experienced that while filling out the support log during Revelation; I ship a lot of people platonically and I could not help but cringe a tiny bit when doing the S-rank.

My example would be Oboro x Ryoma. A very nice support, if a bit simplistic. Nothing that made me squint. Honestly, the S-rank wasn't even that bad--though, I was a bit tainted because of prior knowledge of Oboro's affection towards Takumi. And I realize one sometimes can't help who they fall in love with but, Oboro, you wasn't supposed to fall in love with the big brother!

On a slightly different subject. When compiling supports, I build everyone to S-rank and I like to think that everyone is in love with each other, for some silly reason.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, the continued slamming of Ryoma for that incident is enough to get out the wooden spoons and declare war. Its BS and can we not? Good on you, Thane, fighting the good fight.

I concur about Saizo/Charlotte being ass. Cuz wow. Good thing i decided not to pair them.

Granted, the very fact that the letter thing is limited to S-rank supports does, in fact, invalidate it as far as Ryoma knowing or not knowing anything is concerned. Unless there is some evidence that would imply that he did know even outside S-rank supports, that is. Does anything ever happen to imply something like this?

Not a one.

Also, it isn't about Silas and the Hoshidan siblings' feelings being invalid but about how they try to sweep their time away from Corrin under the rug. Them not giving up hope on seeing him again is one thing but they shouldn't try to pretend like nothing happened.

I had a more bloated wordy eloquent response typed up but lost it to an accidental refresh, so in summary: What they're doing is not "pretending like nothing happened;" they've all, Corrin included, made peace with the time they've lost and have decided to move on, which is a pretty standard reaction. If they were pretending like nothing happened, then Ryoma and Hinoka's supports wouldn't be about telling Corrin about things that happened in his absence.

I don't want to derail the thread by talking about this, but how come this incident is always brought up as a point against Ryouma?

Because it's arguably the only thing Ryoma does on any of the routes that's actually a major strike against him.

Edited by AzureSen

Because it's arguably the only thing Ryoma does on any of the routes that's actually a major strike against him.

In what way? I just wrote a large post about how anything else would've been stupid, but here's the shortened version: what should he have done instead? What would've been achieved?

In what way? I just wrote a large post about how anything else would've been stupid, but here's the shortened version: what should he have done instead? What would've been achieved?

Oh no, I totally agree with you that Ryoma wasn't in the wrong, I just misspoke. I guess a better way to put it is that it's the only morally ambiguous thing that Ryoma does on any of the routes, and so people bring it up to show that Ryoma isn't as good and noble as the narrative portrays him as?

Edited by AzureSen

So Ryoma gets shit for making the logical decision?

Fates does not need more characters making dumb plays and having enemies help each other out in a WAR. Seriously the idea of Ryoma giving the medicine to Elise is as bad as the 'nobody died' bs.

Edited by Tactician. D

Unpopular opinion time! I didn't like SaizoxKagero support, I don't feel chemistry beetwen them and Gray looks awful with Kagero's hair.

And yes, Silas is a jerk worse tha Joker, and for me, I pair him with Setsuna, Sophie look's cute with that greenish hair and the support is hilarous.

I now present to you: The Majority of Keaton's supports in a nutshell

Keaton: Hey look at this treasure I found

Person: This is junk

Keaton: Aw but ain't it awesome doe

Person: Fuck off crazy wolf man

And then, they marry

Now now, his support with Peri is about how much they like killing. They even bond over enjoying killing people in their A Support! (But seriously, his support with Mozu is pretty nice. I agree that most of his supports are just boring and repetitive otherwise.)

Edited by AzureSen

Mozu typically has good supports all-around. That is why I ship her with everyone.

Kaden's supports typically start with him having to repay someone for something. Can be cute depending on the person but can get old kind of fast.

About Keaton, I thought that C-rank with Charlotte was hilarious because she thought she had came up on some of dat good ish with Keaton treasure.

HA!

EDIT: 5( So...Ryoma and Hinoka's feelings about Corrin are somehow invalid because they didn't know him/her for very long?

I'm not saying their feelings are invalid, I'm saying they show an inexplicable amount of love for someone they didn't know for very long. The Nohr family barely got a chance to know Azura and, while they were happy to be reunited with her (which is perfectly natural), with the exception of Elise, they weren't suddenly overwhelmed with joy.

Edit: Can we please stop the post-war? I admit that I inserted too much of my own bias into that post and I didn't think through everything, but it's nothing to get so worked up about!

Edited by Corbin

Gunther's Rev supports

Rhajat x Hayato support. I know its Tharja and she's not friendly to people that aren't Corrin; but Hayato was actually being mature for once without being a tryhard about it and he just gets shat on by his daughter for trying to care. Hayato's reused Ricken gimmick as a whole is pretty cringe but this support makes me feel bad.

Hinoka seemingly has an unnatural attachment to Corrinmui, regardless. At least enough to where Takumi suffers for what seems like inferiority complex and some kind of abandonment issues. Then again, Hinoka could have also developed some kind of trauma for the kidnapping, despite not being there. If anything, it should be Ryoma with the obsession to get Corrinmui back--according to some support, he was actually there when all that crap went down.

If anything, it should be Ryoma with the obsession to get Corrinmui back--according to some support, he was actually there when all that crap went down.

Actually, that was Kaze's. But even then he never came off as obsessed with getting Corrin back, though he did feel guilty about not realizing what was happening and doing something.

Edited by Corbin

I'm not saying their feelings are invalid, I'm saying they show an inexplicable amount of love for someone they didn't know for very long. The Nohr family barely got a chance to know Azura and, while they were happy to be reunited with her (which is perfectly natural), with the exception of Elise, they weren't suddenly overwhelmed with joy.

Aside from the fact that Corrin spent approx. 2-4 years living in Hoshido going off information in their supports, there's nothing inexplicable about two older siblings loving their younger sibling and wanting to get their younger sibling back after they've been taken away from them, regardless of how long they knew Corrin.

The Nohr family barely got a chance to know Azura because Leo and Elise were too young to form memories of her, much like Takumi and Sakura, and Xander and Camilla were embroiled in the concubine wars and never even met her because he, Camilla and Leo were told to never interact with her. Ryoma and Hinoka, meanwhile, were very close to little Corrin.

Edited by AzureSen

Aside from the fact that Corrin spent approx. 2-4 years living in Hoshido going off information in their supports, there's nothing inexplicable about two older siblings loving their younger sibling and wanting to get their younger sibling back after they've been taken away from them, regardless of how long they knew Corrin.

The Nohr family barely got a chance to know Azura because Leo and Elise were too young to form memories of her, much like Takumi and Sakura, and Xander and Camilla were embroiled in the concubine wars and never even met her. Ryoma and Hinoka, meanwhile, were very close to little Corrin.

That's not entirely true, everyone except Elise, who wasn't born until after Azura was kidnapped, knew about her, though granted Xander was the only one mentioned to ever interact with her prior to being taken while the other two were told to keep away by their mothers, so I'll give you that.

Where does it say that?

Revelation chapter...whatever that chapter where Ryoma brings Scarlet home. Pre-16 I think? IDR if it was in the Eng or not but it was definitely in the JP.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Revelation chapter...whatever that chapter where Ryoma brings Scarlet home. Pre-16 I think? IDR if it was in the Eng or not but it was definitely in the JP.

I just watched a playthrough of that chapter and saw what you meant, thanks for clearing things up.

Edited by Corbin

I just watched a playthrough of that chapter and saw what you meant, thanks for clearing things up.

Wait, I know Ryoma was there, but I was under the impression Hinoka wasn't. Where does it say otherwise?

Granted, the very fact that the letter thing is limited to S-rank supports does, in fact, invalidate it as far as Ryoma knowing or not knowing anything is concerned. Unless there is some evidence that would imply that he did know even outside S-rank supports, that is. Does anything ever happen to imply something like this?

Nothing implies he knew outside of supports, but he does say that Sumeragi told him in the S support with Corrin. So he did know even before Corrin was kidnapped unlike the other siblings if we just go by that, it just doesn't pop up in the story.

Now now, his support with Peri is about how much they like killing. They even bond over enjoying killing people in their A Support!

I'll defend that support a bit in that it seemed like it was trying to contrast their bloodlust, at least initially. Peri was treated as a loose cannon and will kill whenever she's in the mood, Keaton treats killing as a hunt, a thrilling hunt perhaps, but still something that should only be done in necessity/defense and not at leisure. So through the support, we get to see how they compare and conflict, like for example, the C-B ranks having Keaton put off by how she treats her bloodlust and even stops her from indulging it pointlessly on both animals and people.

I will admit though that A does kind of botch it since they jump a bit too much from butting heads with each other to bonding rather quickly. They do try to keep the line clear between the two afterwards, but it could've been written better (but sadly, I feel Peri has that issue in general).

Wait, I know Ryoma was there, but I was under the impression Hinoka wasn't. Where does it say otherwise?

I may have the wrong lines, but Hinoka does say this in the localization:

Hinoka: I can't even describe how much I regretted not being able to protect Corrin.

I kept thinking: If only I had been stronger, or a better fighter...

I could have protected him.

So it does seem it's implied at least, though it may be more direct in the Japanese version.

Edited by Medeus

What I don't understand is not only how both Ryoma and Hinoka could have been there and were able to walk away in one piece (unless they were hiding but that would have made for a very contradictory statement on Ryoma's part), especially considering Hinoka hadn't even begun her training, but also how they both could

have known Corrin for a meaningful amount of time when Sakura was still a newborn at the time of Corrin's kidnapping (I know this is only specifically mentioned in the Japanese version, but it should still be the same considering Azura was also kidnapped while her younger stepsister was still an infant). Either way, could we all drop this before we completely go off topic?