Contribute to "The Grand Archipelago" (Need something other than mugs...)

Avril Lavigne

Here is the project if you want to see what it's about: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63655

OTHER GRAPHICS:

- New battle HUD thingy whatever you call it.

MUGS:

I kind of want a fresh and new look to it. Although I'm sure the mugs I've made are recognizable as you can gather elements of the splice, I would really like if they weren't simply just recolors with maybe one or two changes to it. You can look at what I've made and maybe see what I mean. I want them to look legit!

So as far as what I need.... well basically I kind of just want the characters that are there that need replacing along with some new things added.

[spoiler=What I need for mugs]

These are my PRIORITIES characters. There will be more in total.

All of the replacement characters have the same classes as in their original games (unless otherwise noted).

In brackets are what I am aiming for as far as a new/replacing portrait goes. Imagine what they'd look like with that description (even if it's vague) and go for it! If you need a more accurate description for the character you're going for, let me know.

If it says "same personality style/look/appearance", that means that I want the character to look like they could have the same personality as the character they're replacing, that does not mean to leave them as they are.

Replacements:

Allies-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemies-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Uhai (same style/personality look as Uhai)

- Bool (so he's one of the leaders/knights of the Red Tusk alliance, smuggish face with not-so-bad armor, he guards one of the Headquarter bases)

NPCs-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extras-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These characters may become playable/enemies/NPCs later on

- Lute (same style/personality look as Lute)

New:

Allies-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enemies-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPCs-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extras-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND for the chibi I want them to have The Last Promise style:

z1HsfNb.png

Portraits that you donate must be compatible with FE7, which means that the chibi, the eye animation, and mouth animation should be complete as well. I do not wish to make all of those on my own.

Thank you!

Edited by Avril Lavigne

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved this one to Sprites because it seems more likely that spriters would read this topic here than over in Concepts. It might also help to provide more details on the exact portraits you need.

Edited by Agro

I think the responses in your project thread sum things up pretty well. You're best completing what you can on your own, then coming back and knowing exactly what you want to ask for.

Otherwise, advertise the details of what you want: you're not revealing any big secret, it'll put less effort on anyone who'd want to actually help you, and it'll distinguish you from the rest of "I have a big project give me special mugs because I want some even though I may or may not do anything with them" threads. If you want polished work done privately (and sometimes quickly) you can offer money as incentive to your request.

Or you can splice/recolor opensource/vanilla mugs just enough to get yourself by the 'fresh and new' feeling without putting a ton of effort in.

You said that you did some portraits but weren't satisfied with their quality right? Maybe you should post them in the sprite forum so that others can offer proper critique to improve them or even edit them.

Edited by Blue Druid

I moved this one to Sprites because it seems more likely that spriters would read this topic here than over in Concepts. It might also help to provide more details on the exact portraits you need.

Sweeeet. Thanks bro

I think the responses in your project thread sum things up pretty well. You're best completing what you can on your own, then coming back and knowing exactly what you want to ask for.

Otherwise, advertise the details of what you want: you're not revealing any big secret, it'll put less effort on anyone who'd want to actually help you, and it'll distinguish you from the rest of "I have a big project give me special mugs because I want some even though I may or may not do anything with them" threads. If you want polished work done privately (and sometimes quickly) you can offer money as incentive to your request.

Or you can splice/recolor opensource/vanilla mugs just enough to get yourself by the 'fresh and new' feeling without putting a ton of effort in.

Okay, well I was not sure that I should do that. So I should advertise that stuff in the project thread or here? And yes, I was going to pay the creators of the portraits, however I offered a couple people and they told me that it was not something that I should feel like I need to do. But hey, you know what, that's hard work sometimes and I feel like whoever contributes deserves some $$$$$!

You said that you did some portraits but weren't satisfied with their quality right? Maybe you should post them in the sprite forum so that others can offer proper critique to improve them or even edit them.

I did. But I'm scared :S haha just kidding. I will. I'm such a anti-spoiler person I really like keeping my stuff secret haha. I'm dumb though. My hack isn't any more special than anyone else's.

1) What skill level of sprites do you need?

2) Splice or customs?

It doesn't matter. Just as long as they look legit. I've seen some and, not going to lie, they are bad. I don't want to give you an example because I feel like that's kind of mean, but I really like Midnight Sun's mugs--those look legit. Or the people in Bloodlines, obviously a bunch of animal customs are there... I don't know who has the talent to create all of those but damn that is some impressive-ass shit.

Thanks for all the replies!!

How do I know what to make?

Hmmm... well right now I was hoping someone could make me a smug druid female mug (like Sonia), someone we love to hate. I would like if she had dark clothing. Anyways, just make her look like a bitch.

People are going to need either some bases or descriptions to work off of, Avril.

Right now, not really sure what you even need.

I'm not sure, do I put everything I need in the first post?? I'm such a noob. I haven't done group work before :( I guess I could do that though.

They look nice and pretty unique, almost to the point that I wonder why you're even asking for help at this stage.

Some are FE8 colors and style and others are FE7 color and style, though, so that looks pretty weird.

Something looks off with the third one, with the large swath from Elenora, on her cape-- it looks like it's going to fall off?111111

They look nice and pretty unique, almost to the point that I wonder why you're even asking for help at this stage.

Some are FE8 colors and style and others are FE7 color and style, though, so that looks pretty weird.

Something looks off with the third one, with the large swath from Elenora, on her cape-- it looks like it's going to fall off?111111

Well, I want to speed up the process... haha I have a lot of other things that I am busy with aside from this project. I haven't even really touched my project in a week due to other life things :( which makes me really sad. And also mugs have been holding me up. And DON'T SAY THAT ABOUT THE THIRD ONE AAGGHHH NOW IT'S KIND OF BOTHERING ME. If someone wants to fix that I guess they can.

So ya that's why I need some help haha

Like making the closing eyes and talking mouth stuff takes a lot of time too so that's why I'm hoping people will help and do that for me :P

Also the FE7 and FE8 thing I noticed as well. That can easily be fixed and will make sure they have the same kind of design. This is the rough stage.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Alright, I've set up the first post to be quite a bit more descriptive as to what I want/need. I don't really know a good way to pay people except for an e-transfer type of thing. Or perhaps PayPal? Not sure. Suggest!

And yeah, the post will be updated as characters are completed/added/replaced.

THANKS!!

Edited by Avril Lavigne

So erm, if you like this, I can make it into an insertable bitmap, but not before you're sure, and no kind of payment because like, it's not really high quality and didn't take that much time I guess? Perhaps a placeholder?

xGQfjUb.png

Edited by DrewHak

So erm, if you like this, I can make it into an insertable bitmap, but not before you're sure, and no kind of payment because like, it's not really high quality and didn't take that much time I guess? Perhaps a placeholder?

xGQfjUb.png

K yeah, that looks good, but it's just lacking uniqueness (it's so LimSonia right now haha). It could be used as placeholder, however, I don't think honestly I'm going to use it for even that haha :S

I very much appreciate the reply though! I'm just not really looking for placeholders, I can just use the original portraits for that, even though it's a little weird!

I think I'd pay for something that looks more unique and would for sure be added to the project. Keep up the work! :)

Edited by Avril Lavigne

As long as you're willing to pay, I'd be happy to make some mugs for you. I like to at least pretend that I am a Good Spriter . My gallery is hella out of date, so it isn't a great reference point, but more of my recent works are in Death or Glory, if you want to check them out

Or maybe I'll just link some mugs when I'm done being a lazy ass idk

rKT5k7l.png

Why is there an extra pixel jutting in her far-left and middle talk frames? Also, the hair that's covering her eyes is rather messy.

(Personally I wouldn't charge for a splice since half the job is already done by others.)

bEVPy54.png

I figured I'd give my 2 cents.

The blonde girl's eyes are too far apart. The merc guy next to her looks rather sleepy. The red-haired woman next to him is an awesome mug. Her hair just needs to be reworked on her right side. The cavalier looks great too, but as it is, his headband looks pretty shoddy. The brown haired merc gut looks great too, but there's no strap holding his pauldron on. (I won't comment on the last mug since it's unfinished, but looks great so far!)

As long as you're willing to pay, I'd be happy to make some mugs for you. I like to at least pretend that I am a Good Spriter . My gallery is hella out of date, so it isn't a great reference point, but more of my recent works are in Death or Glory, if you want to check them out

Or maybe I'll just link some mugs when I'm done being a lazy ass idk

Yeah, I will definitely pay you! I'll check out your work. Assuming it's in the DoG thread? Anyways, I'll go look.

rKT5k7l.png

Blue Druid gave you some feedback. Personally I think it looks great! I have a PayPal account so that I can pay you, but I need your email! PM me!

Why is there an extra pixel jutting in her far-left and middle talk frames? Also, the hair that's covering her eyes is rather messy.

(Personally I wouldn't charge for a splice since half the job is already done by others.)

bEVPy54.png

I figured I'd give my 2 cents.

The blonde girl's eyes are too far apart. The merc guy next to her looks rather sleepy. The red-haired woman next to him is an awesome mug. Her hair just needs to be reworked on her right side. The cavalier looks great too, but as it is, his headband looks pretty shoddy. The brown haired merc gut looks great too, but there's no strap holding his pauldron on. (I won't comment on the last mug since it's unfinished, but looks great so far!)

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll make some changes.

I updated my post and made about 4 more mugs! I also added in the "What I need" section where those mugs will be used. Also, I am wondering if this mug's left eye looks weird to anyone? For a moment it looks normal, but for another moment is looks like he's lacking a feature that needs to be there. I know there's no white in that eye, but the character I spliced it from's eyes are pretty much that way.

J94ikJ7.png

EDIT:

See now I feel like his eyes look fine. I can't make up my mind!

Edited by Avril Lavigne