Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

Funny how the book calls Sigrun the "most able pegasus knight of her time", but she's statistically outclassed by Marcia and Tanith. Good ol seperation of story and gameplay.

I wish RD had fleshed out Astrid's Crimean knighthood more, knowing she's a Begnion noble of relatively high standing.Unfortunately she's such a minor character that they don't really flesh her out except for her romance to the knight of most dubious competence.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see how...it's somehow fitting. :wub:

How is it fitting? I mean, I'm not saying it's entirely unfitting, but I don't see what Sanaki has to do with cherries either. xP

I wish RD had fleshed out Astrid's Crimean knighthood more, knowing she's a Begnion noble of relatively high standing.Unfortunately she's such a minor character that they don't really flesh her out except for her romance to the knight of most dubious competence.

Same here. I do like the archetype of a seemingly docile character with a strong will, so I was very disappointed that in RD she only fawned over some irredeemable douche. Speaking of which...

At the very least, he has great will-power. [...] He is not a bad person at his core.

Does the great will-power actually show up in any of his supports or dialogues? To me, he always seemed to be a guy who will always take the easiest possible way and only rarely feels any guilt about the consequences of his actions. Also, while he does seem to have some sort of development in his PoR supports, RD puts his behaviour right back to the initial point, making the second part of that quote questionable at best.

Anything on the FE10 one?

Surprisingly the product description isn't up yet. It still has a Nov 25th release date, and will of course translate description whenever it pops up. It says its 256 pages like this book though --considering it lacks lengthy support conversations, I wonder what they'll fill those pages with? (Of course if they give generic dialogue for every character it may fill that up anyway!)

Funny how the book calls Sigrun the "most able pegasus knight of her time", but she's statistically outclassed by Marcia and Tanith. Good ol seperation of story and gameplay.

Yep, the story and gameplay separation. I wonder if it was meant to apply to just FE9 where she is unusable and not FE10 where she can be directly compared or something? xD

Yeah... Astrid had a lot more potential. At least she does get a few conversations in the final level with enemies, but considering she was meant to wed Lekain among other things, could have had a much larger role.

Same here. I do like the archetype of a seemingly docile character with a strong will, so I was very disappointed that in RD she only fawned over some irredeemable douche. Speaking of which...

Does the great will-power actually show up in any of his supports or dialogues? To me, he always seemed to be a guy who will always take the easiest possible way and only rarely feels any guilt about the consequences of his actions. Also, while he does seem to have some sort of development in his PoR supports, RD puts his behaviour right back to the initial point, making the second part of that quote questionable at best.

By will-power, they likely meant incredible persistence/not giving up specifically on gambling, even if he loses every time. The profile was likely making a sarcastic quip to this rather than having any actual will-power in battle/other things. xD

Also in the spirit of Halloween, here is Bertram!

Edited by Kirokan

Petrine was actually one of the first profiles I translated. : )

Bryce doesn't have a profile. : (

Also, Volume 2 just got product info!

Content Information:

A compilation of official documents from developer Intelligent Systems – Volume 2. For the first time, official documents revealing three-view design documents, background of the world, and various roughs will be released to the public. In addition to this, the book contains info on the entire story, all base conversations, as well as things like a directory of boss characters and the stages they appear in –and so much more. Everything you need to know about Radiant Dawn wrapped up in one neat package. Senri Kita, the illustrator who drew all of the character artwork, makes a special return to draw the cover for this book too!

Book: 256 Pages
Publisher: Tokuma (Nov. 25, 2016)
Language: Japanese
ISBN-10: 4198642443
ISBN-13: 978-4198642440
Release Date: November 25, 2016

It's pretty much the same as Volume 1 (same length too!), but there are slight differences (such as boss directory), so I'm sure there will be some other fun tidbits as well. I'll make a separate thread for that when the time comes, of course!

Petrine was actually one of the first profiles I translated. : )

Bryce doesn't have a profile. : (

Also, Volume 2 just got product info!

Content Information:

A compilation of official documents from developer Intelligent Systems – Volume 2. For the first time, official documents revealing three-view design documents, background of the world, and various roughs will be released to the public. In addition to this, the book contains info on the entire story, all base conversations, as well as things like a directory of boss characters and the stages they appear in –and so much more. Everything you need to know about Radiant Dawn wrapped up in one neat package. Senri Kita, the illustrator who drew all of the character artwork, makes a special return to draw the cover for this book too!

Book: 256 Pages

Publisher: Tokuma (Nov. 25, 2016)

Language: Japanese

ISBN-10: 4198642443

ISBN-13: 978-4198642440

Release Date: November 25, 2016

It's pretty much the same as Volume 1 (same length too!), but there are slight differences (such as boss directory), so I'm sure there will be some other fun tidbits as well. I'll make a separate thread for that when the time comes, of course!

Nice!

I really hope they use this chance to give us more informations about the past of the various members of the Dawn brigade!

Also, I don't understand why they didn't give Bryce a profile, when even rajajon and Bertram got one.

Edited by The Draco Knight

Nice!

I really hope they use this chance to give us more informations about the past of the various members of the Dawn brigade!

Also, I don't understand why they didn't give Bryce a profile, when even rajajon and Bertram got one.

Yeah... it's really weird isn't it? I had a lot of requests for Bryce but he oddly lacks a profile.

it's the last chance to get more info on those characters. I'm more optimistic about profiles since there are epilogues and all that to account for to give a "full story," but at the same time I worry they may use it as fluff instead of teaching anything new. xD Or maybe they'll just copy paste the profiles on the website for the Dawn Brigade...

So, if Micaiah was "assassinated" 15 years before the beginning of the games events:

Micaiah has to be at least 18 years in the events of Radiant Dawn.

Of course, I'm not saying that she is 18 years old, but maybe she's not as old as some people think?

Man, I really want to know what her profile says.

Yeah... it's really weird isn't it? I had a lot of requests for Bryce but he oddly lacks a profile.

Yeah, it is weird! Especially since Bryce was originally going to survive the Mad King's War. RD has an unused portrait of him. I saw it on the FE Wiki. It was full color instead of monochrome, so it wouldn't have been there for a flashback.

I must have totally missed or forgotten that you did Petrine though, my bad. xP

Edited by Anacybele

So, if Micaiah was "assassinated" 15 years before the beginning of the games events:

Micaiah has to be at least 18 years in the events of Radiant Dawn.

Of course, I'm not saying that she is 18 years old, but maybe she's not as old as some people think?

Man, I really want to know what her profile says.

Yeah... it's a bit of an oddity there, considering in-game and such how they're going on about how she's older than she appears despite looking like that age and the like. xD

I'm going to be overloaded when that book comes out, that's for sure, as there's more interest in the FE10 book it seems as the characters are less known/developed. xD

I'll start marking requests from what we can guess. Dawn Brigade will take priority character-wise, and design works for the most interesting ones (like how adult Sanaki was a thing, for instance).

Micaiah has to be notably older than 18, as 18 would put her only one year older than Sothe, which seems to directly contradict the flashback image where she towers over him. But at the same time, she's probably not that much older. I'd guess she's around 21-22.

But really I'm posting to thank you for doing this, Kirokan! :)

You're most welcome! Silence has been due to astroknighticalfeats and me tackling the last few translations, so will post them all here when they're done (~next week) and mark this project completed. : )

Also, in preparation for the sequel book (coming Nov 25th), I set up a donation drive to make Vol. 2 even higher quality for us all! I may make a dedicated post on it later.

Edited by Kirokan

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the silence! But all character profiles have been completed. A big thanks to AstroknighticalFeats for contributing toward some of them. : )

I'll create an imgur gallery later on! There's still just a few concept work pages (battle animation sketches, event sketches, and some others) I will post in the following days, but this book is pretty much done. : )

Tanith (P. 90) (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

Marcia (P. 91) (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

Muarim (P. 95) (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

Ashnard (P. 96-97)

Black Knight (P. 98)

Tauroneo (P. 101) (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

Jill (P. 102) (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

Haar (P. 103) (partially translated by AstroknighticalFeats)

Devdan (P. 109)

Calill (P. 110)

Edited by Kirokan

I find it so ironic that Ashnard disregards all strategy when his son is one of the greatest tacticians on Tellius. Also, Ashnard is such a stereotypical bad guy :P I love it!

Is the stuff about how Maurim and Tormod became friends mentioned in PoR? I don't remember it, if so.

Great work on these :) Well done on getting so near the end!

Edited by NJ7009

Looks great! I'm glad to see that you'll finish your work on the first book in time. :-)
By the way, are you going to do the concept art for the magic tomes and the staff room page? Out of everything you didn't translate yet, I'm most interested in those.

Is the stuff about how Maurim and Tormod became friends mentioned in PoR? I don't remember it, if so.

I don't think so. Otherwise, I would probably know about it, since I pretty much know the game inside out. From what I remember, all we get to know about how they met is this:

"Yes, he is a beorc child. I claimed him when he was little more than an infant. He has nothing to do with us...sub-humans..."

(Muarim in Chapter 15: The Feral Frontier)
And that's it.
Thus, I found their profiles to be particularly interesting. I was especially surprised by the fact that Tormod is supposed to be the son of a former Begnion noble.
These two deserve so much more love...

Good job, Kirokan! We really appreciate all the work you did on this. ^^

I still wish Bryce had gotten a profile though, because it might've helped me with my current fic, which stars his son (an OC, since nothing about Bryce's family is actually mentioned in either game).

I'm quite pleased to see Tormod and Muarim get some extra details about their past. Muarim definitely doesn't look 27 though.

Kinda interesting that Tormod used to be a noble. The wording about it is kind of ambiguous. Does Tormod know he used to be like the Senators he fight against and did Muarim belong to Tormod's family in the past?

Thanks everyone, and you're welcome : )

I bring two pages of event/opening movie sketches.

Event Sketches (P. 244-245) - Focuses on Ike's three artworks and where they are

Opening Movie Sketches (P. 246-247) - Focuses on Elincia, Titania, and Soren. I like the note on Elincia, being right before she flees. The note about the original lance wielding Titania is fun too.

Looks great! I'm glad to see that you'll finish your work on the first book in time. :-)
By the way, are you going to do the concept art for the magic tomes and the staff room page? Out of everything you didn't translate yet, I'm most interested in those.
I don't think so. Otherwise, I would probably know about it, since I pretty much know the game inside out. From what I remember, all we get to know about how they met is this:
And that's it.
Thus, I found their profiles to be particularly interesting. I was especially surprised by the fact that Tormod is supposed to be the son of a former Begnion noble.
These two deserve so much more love...

The tome page intimidated me with that huge box of descriptions xD (It's all just text from the game too) so I was thinking about not translating that and just showing the tomes themselves. : ) I do intend to do Staff Room as the final thing, yes. It will take awhile with all that text though..

EDIT: On a second look, I'll translate the Magic info paragraph too as it details magic and its role in Tellius which may be interesting. : ).

Good job, Kirokan! We really appreciate all the work you did on this. ^^

I still wish Bryce had gotten a profile though, because it might've helped me with my current fic, which stars his son (an OC, since nothing about Bryce's family is actually mentioned in either game).

Me too, he didn't get enough attention, considering the other three of four riders were there...

I'm quite pleased to see Tormod and Muarim get some extra details about their past. Muarim definitely doesn't look 27 though.

Kinda interesting that Tormod used to be a noble. The wording about it is kind of ambiguous. Does Tormod know he used to be like the Senators he fight against and did Muarim belong to Tormod's family in the past?

Not at all. xD

The wording was just as ambiguous in Japanese. It does sound like he could have been Tormod's family's slave. I feel like Tormod is not aware of his noble heritage though (being so young), but it was left equally vague. : )

Edited by Kirokan

Thats really odd, I always thought he was the important, non-Black-Knight member of the Four Riders.

I mean Bryce even got a portrait unused within Radiant Dawn.

Is there a hi-quality picture of Ike rallying the troops within the book? I liked the class designs in it.

Edited by Emperor Hardin