Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more concept art pages!

Sigrun, Tanith, & Marcia (156-157)

Ashnard & the Black Knight (158-159)

Wow, not counting Soren (who Microwaveit is working on), this completes the entire concept art section of the book... well, there are some battle animation concepts, but in terms of characters. Yay! Though it's a shame some lost out and didn't have any concept art. Maybe in the RD book...?

Nicely done you guys.

The younger looking Ashnard actually looks as old as usual, heh. But that's probably just me.

O...kaaaaay? I'll continue to be disappointed, thank you very much.

Well to be fair, I suppose it is supposed to be a 'recollection', so maybe they wanted to focus on important details they wanted to include specifically (where 80% of the cast in this case didn't matter as much as the ones they gave us). Plus, there's always Vol 2.

Can I request for Jill / Haar Character Profiles to be translated by any chance?

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Since Radiant Dawn lacks supports, they'll have to find something else to fill in the ~60 pages of content (assuming its the same size book), perhaps they will fill it there. Though in RD I'm sure they'll prioritize RD characters, too.

Well to be fair, I suppose it is supposed to be a 'recollection', so maybe they wanted to focus on important details they wanted to include specifically (where 80% of the cast in this case didn't matter as much as the ones they gave us). Plus, there's always Vol 2.

Can I request for Jill / Haar Character Profiles to be translated by any chance?

Sure! I noted it down. : )

I like the concept art of Ashnard, he has a really savage and brutal looking face. And the Black Knight armour looks like it takes a long time to put on, he's lucky to have his warping abilities.

Sorry for the slow updates! I'm recovering from some medical related stuff, so haven't translated anything since my last batch.

But thanks to AstroknighticalFeats handling two more character pages, we have two more profiles!

One of Gareth, which acknowledges his strength to be greater than Dheginsea (though only slightly and only in raw strength)

'

And then good old Gatrie!

Edited by Kirokan

One of Gareth, which acknowledges his strength to be greater than Dheginsea (though only slightly and only in raw strength)

Still not quite what the ingame stats make you believe. ;) Still, I quite like that page!

@Gatrie: The game doesn't really imply that Gatrie only left the GM because of Shinon, imho. He does say in Ch.3 that he finds their work a bit unglamorous and when he rejoins, it's because Astrid did so beforehand. I always assumed that he left hoping for better paying jobs (and better looking employers), but unlike Shinon without any hard feelings toward any of the GM.

Also, Kirokan, take your time and get better first :) I don't think anyone can complain about your update frequency.

Sorry for the long absence, but I've been so busy with my own translation that I wasn't able to post anything.

That brings me to a question I'd like to ask you, Kirokan. So far, I only got the text translated, without images. So you more or less have to guess where it's written, which could be a problem for the concept art pages. I actually considered scanning and editing the pages like you do, but I've exactly no experience regarding such things. Thus, I'd be very grateful if you could give me some advice, like what scanner you're using, how you're editing the pages etc.

And I'm sorry for your medical problems. I can understand you well. :/

Get well soon! :-)

Still not quite what the ingame stats make you believe. ;) Still, I quite like that page!

@Gatrie: The game doesn't really imply that Gatrie only left the GM because of Shinon, imho. He does say in Ch.3 that he finds their work a bit unglamorous and when he rejoins, it's because Astrid did so beforehand. I always assumed that he left hoping for better paying jobs (and better looking employers), but unlike Shinon without any hard feelings toward any of the GM.

Also, Kirokan, take your time and get better first :) I don't think anyone can complain about your update frequency.

Yes, the stats probably say otherwise. xD

Thanks! It's nothing too serious, but still getting in the way of concentration a little.

Sorry for the long absence, but I've been so busy with my own translation that I wasn't able to post anything.
That brings me to a question I'd like to ask you, Kirokan. So far, I only got the text translated, without images. So you more or less have to guess where it's written, which could be a problem for the concept art pages. I actually considered scanning and editing the pages like you do, but I've exactly no experience regarding such things. Thus, I'd be very grateful if you could give me some advice, like what scanner you're using, how you're editing the pages etc.
And I'm sorry for your medical problems. I can understand you well. :/
Get well soon! :-)

My scanner is a basic printer/scanner hybrid, an HP Officejet 4630. It's not the best for scanning larger books like this, but it seems to be able too at the cost of a bit of your book's spine. Pressing and holding it while it scans (mostly at the spine to keep it flat, as a lot of text is near there) will probably help.

Of course the best scans will mean tearing pages out of your book, but nobody wants to do that. xD (Though maybe for the next book I should gather donation money and buy two copies, one which will be torn to be scanned or something...)

Anyway, for cleaning, I just use Paint Shop Pro (you can use any other, Photoshop, or even paint may work), and take a white brush to start cleaning the edges. If any of the text blurred, I refer to the book for the translation, and clean out the grey areas before I typeset. The fonts I use are Bookman Old Style for the Notes text, and then Baskerville Old Face for all the other text and Personal Data. Character names are Lucida Calligraphy with a custom gradient that attempts to imitate the one the book has for names...

If you need any other specific advice, feel free to PM me later on!

Thanks! It's nothing too serious, but still getting in the way of concentration a little.

> a little

Still, I think you should rest up and take that time off, indeed. This'll be here when you recover

My scanner is a basic printer/scanner hybrid, an HP Officejet 4630. It's not the best for scanning larger books like this, but it seems to be able too at the cost of a bit of your book's spine. Pressing and holding it while it scans (mostly at the spine to keep it flat, as a lot of text is near there) will probably help.

Of course the best scans will mean tearing pages out of your book, but nobody wants to do that. xD (Though maybe for the next book I should gather donation money and buy two copies, one which will be torn to be scanned or something...)

Anyway, for cleaning, I just use Paint Shop Pro (you can use any other, Photoshop, or even paint may work), and take a white brush to start cleaning the edges. If any of the text blurred, I refer to the book for the translation, and clean out the grey areas before I typeset. The fonts I use are Bookman Old Style for the Notes text, and then Baskerville Old Face for all the other text and Personal Data. Character names are Lucida Calligraphy with a custom gradient that attempts to imitate the one the book has for names...

If you need any other specific advice, feel free to PM me later on!

Thank you very much for the information! :-)
I'll see what I can do.

Agreed, Vincent, agreed. ;_; I always felt the most pain for Ike out of any of the lords too, even before I officially decided he was my favorite character in the series.

On another note tho, I just can't get over how much Ike looks like his mama! He got his dad's large-ish build, but all his other features come from Elena: his pretty blue eyes and his blue hair, and even his face looks like hers (though it also has a bit of a resemblance to Greil's in RD). It's just adorable! lol

Fun fact: Ike is the only lord so far who is known to have gotten his hair color from his mother. All the other lords with two known parents got theirs from their fathers, not counting Avatars (because their hair colors are decided by the player). Eliwood and Roy have red hair from their dads, Seliph and Lucina got theirs from their dads, and so on.

I guess while making PoR, IS wanted the lord to resemble his mom more for a change. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Well Mist inherited her dad's hair and her mom's talent, while Ike did the opposite. The family resemblance with Elena is really strong with both kids.

Heh, yeah, pretty much! :P

EDIT: And that would've been nice, Wyvern Rider, yeah. I came up with an idea on that though, for one of my stories. I write that Greil and Elena met through Bryce. And that Bryce's wife happened to be Elena's sister. Bryce and his wife also have a son in my HC (headcanon). Which means Ike and Mist have an aunt, uncle, and cousin they don't know about...for a time. Haha. :P

It also means Ike could've potentially killed his uncle (Bryce was fought in PoR Endgame and Ike can obviously be the one to kill him). I thought it an interesting idea after Greil accidentally killed his wife. Like father, like son... Bwahaha, I feel so evil on this. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I think I've made a full recovery! While I was recovering though, I managed to tackle some of the smaller/shorter profiles. Of course some of these people didn't even ask for, but I suppose it's better than nothing. xD

And thanks to VincentASM for the Ilyana profile!

Ulki (P. 74)

Janaff (P. 75)

Nealuchi (P. 79)

Ilyana (P. 104) (Notes translated by VincentASM)

Zihark (P. 106)

Sothe (P. 107)

Edited by Kirokan

Nice!

Hehe, I'm not sure how I feel with some of the short profiles, since I was expecting a bit more. But at the same time, I'm happy there's plenty of space for the official artwork XD

By the way, the first paragraph of Janaff's profile has "Vigilance" instead of "Insight".

Edited by VincentASM