Tellius Recollection (Vol 1) Translation / Discussion Thread

I really ought to sleep, but finished Ike's concept art!

Would you be so kind to do Soren when you get the time? I requested him earlier, but I think you might have misread it as Stefan (though I was very happy with his profile regardless~)

And you all are doing a fantastic job on the translations, thank you so much for doing this great service~

You're welcome! And whoops! Looking back, I realized I read Stefan as you said. xD Sorry about that. I'm glad you still benefited from it. : )

Anyway, regarding Soren: The reason Soren hasn't been done yet is because Microwaveit is handling his profile page and concept art : ) she's been a little on the busier end of things though, so that's why it's taking a little while. Since there's a lot of coordination going on behind the scenes, I'm avoiding stepping on any toes as they say!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before, these profiles are just summaries of the characters we know from the game. Only some of them offer/confirm new info (Stefan, Petrine), but most are pretty plain like this one. Most of the new info/trivia was in the form of the "Personal Data" (which is why it was translated entirely first).

As for Lucia, noted! Lucky for you, I like her design/character too (I always play/use who I like, not by stats xD). So please don't worry about priority! I got some other requests for her too anyway, so you probably won't have to wait too long.

Thank you. I guess I was just expecting more from their actual backgrounds, unless the RD book covers it. =)

Yay for more Lucia. ^^

Sorry! I'm aware. I did both the Elincia concept pages since that lined up with your requests, then hopped elsewhere with the intention to hop back! For character profiles, Mia had the next highest with 5 hits, so went to do that. I was hoping to do the Ike concepts soon (which lines up with your request too), but there's more text on them so they're taking a little longer. : )

Your requests haven't been forgotten! Don't worry!

Oh, I see now! I understand, sorry about that.

Short version: Translating takes time, be patient. It'll get done when it gets done. There's nothing unfair about it.

I never said there was anything unfair about translating. I said that doing a new request instead of an old one that's been waiting awhile is rather unfair. There's a difference. I know translating takes time and patience. I was waiting patiently before this. Nobody ever said that Kirokan had to be really fast. He can take all the time he needs.

Yayz, Kieran's profile page is still interesting, and confirms what I figured about him all along, that he was really loyal and patriotic. And that walking into poles thing is still super hilarious. XD I so need to write something about that in one of my stories. lol

Also loving the Ike concept art! So he actually does have a self-defense dagger... I always figured he just had swords. lol

I never said there was anything unfair about translating. I said that doing a new request instead of an old one that's been waiting awhile is rather unfair. There's a difference. I know translating takes time and patience. I was waiting patiently before this. Nobody ever said that Kirokan had to be really fast. He can take all the time he needs.

@Underline: Neither did I...? I think you're getting something twisted... in fact, I know you are.

Nevertheless, I'll just word myself in an easier to understand way: There is no obligation to you, or anyone else for that matter. If you make a request to a person(or team) translating on their own time, it is in no shape or form "unfair" to have to wait for it.

If you paid for it, but was kept waiting, then you could complain, but... I'm willing to bet you didn't.

Edited by Soledai

See, this is stuff I can appreciate. I never really cared for Mia, but those tiny little tidbits of extra information changes your perspective of things. It's cute. I want to be able to like characters like that, and FE9's doing that by further expanding my favorite continent.

So his talent is...

running into polls while walking.

That is fantastic.

It's amazing.

Edited by Soul~!

@Underline: Neither did I...? I think you're getting something twisted... in fact, I know you are.

Nevertheless, I'll just word myself in an easier to understand way: There is no obligation to you, or anyone else for that matter. If you make a request to a person(or team) translating on their own time, it is in no shape or form "unfair" to have to wait for it.

If you paid for it, but was kept waiting, then you could complain, but... I'm willing to bet you didn't.

I think you're missing the point. Of course I didn't pay for anything and of course there's nothing unfair about having to wait. But if I have to keep waiting while someone that JUST requested got their request just like that, then that's not exactly fair. But Kirokan explained why he did it and I understand why, so drop it.

Edited by Anacybele

No, I'm not missing the point I just made. It wouldn't matter if you were 1st or 1000th, they're going to go by priority, but you claim to understand this, therefore annulling this unfairness. And the paying comment was sarcasm. So yeah, that's that.

Anyway, Kiro, my apologies comrade, for cluttering your thread with this unavailing squabble.

Edited by Soledai

As I said before, these profiles are just summaries of the characters we know from the game. Only some of them offer/confirm new info (Stefan, Petrine), but most are pretty plain like this one. Most of the new info/trivia was in the form of the "Personal Data" (which is why it was translated entirely first).

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in that, too. But I guess these texts weren't really meant for nerds as myself that have already read every single PoR support ... :] Still, I like the little details that they did add and the concept art is just amazing!

No, I'm not missing the point I just made. It wouldn't matter if you were 1st or 1000th, they're going to go by priority, but you claim to understand this, therefore annulling this unfairness. And the paying comment was sarcasm. So yeah, that's that.

Anyway, Kiro, my apologies comrade, for cluttering your thread with this unavailing squabble.

You were missing the point I was trying to make. I knew what you were saying. And I didn't know at the time that Kirokan had certain priorities, so like I said, I understand what he was doing now. I didn't before.

But yeah, sorry about this, Kirokan...

Edited by Anacybele

No worries you two : ) I appreciate that you two likely reached an understanding, and I know Anacybele is sensible enough to understand my explanation, just that I didn't really make it clear earlier how the prioritizing works. So please don't worry. Anyway!

See, this is stuff I can appreciate. I never really cared for Mia, but those tiny little tidbits of extra information changes your perspective of things. It's cute. I want to be able to like characters like that, and FE9's doing that by further expanding my favorite continent.

It's amazing.

Yes, all the small things are really fun to know. It's why I still try to translate the non-game text in full, just in case there are small tidbits in there.

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed in that, too. But I guess these texts weren't really meant for nerds as myself that have already read every single PoR support ... :] Still, I like the little details that they did add and the concept art is just amazing!

I'm holding onto hope that the RD book (since RD may have had more "complete" characters in terms of design and hence histories) will give us new information. Due to a lack of supports too, I hope that any info we get in there will be newer too!

But, as you said, little details and concept art can still shed some new light on things, so that's what's keeping us going. : )

You're welcome!

Of course!

Here's Mia's character profile (I already had her mostly done from earlier, so yeah xD)

Then today's concept page:

Dheginsea, Kurthnaga, and some other Goldoan Dragons (post transformation)

Dheginsea looks like some kind of cartoon villain, in this concept art. Or maybe I'm just weird.

Also, Mia is from Begnion? I always tought she was from Crimea.

And yeah, how is Mia from Begnion when she was with the Crimean army...? I wonder if that was a typo. If the book or game said "she'll work jobs in any country, pretty much" or something like that, then this would make a little more sense, but there's nothing about that.

Edited by Anacybele

Thanks to Vincent ASM, we have Reyson and Leanne's profiles:

Reyson (P. 76) (Notes translated by VincentASM)

Leanne (P. 77) (Notes translated by VincentASM)

And some concept art I completed:

Ena, Gareth, Rajaion, & Tibarn (150-151)

Dheginsea looks like some kind of cartoon villain, in this concept art. Or maybe I'm just weird.
Also, Mia is from Begnion? I always tought she was from Crimea.

And yeah, how is Mia from Begnion when she was with the Crimean army...? I wonder if that was a typo. If the book or game said "she'll work jobs in any country, pretty much" or something like that, then this would make a little more sense, but there's nothing about that.

The book indeed says Begnion. Her profile also mentioned she was a Crimean mercenary, rather than army. I translated this section from earlier which may explain the discrepancy:

Personal Data

The top block contains "Race/Class/Affinity/Origin." This is information that can be found in game. Character ages that had been confirmed (at the start of Path of Radiance) are also noted. "Apparent Designed Ages" are ages that were noted in design documents as a rough approximation of how old a character appears, but are by no means an absolute age for the character.

The bottom block contains "Hobby/Talent/Finds Important/Likes/Dislikes" of a character. These are all taken from design documents of the characters themselves. As such, they may contain information that is not really in the main game itself, or include slight differences [from the final product]. Do not assume the profiles to be absolute, either. It is more that we wished to capture a broad "essence" of a character [rather than set it in stone]. For example, in Ike's case, he may love meat, but there could be days where he wants to eat fish too. Likewise, though his father is dear family to him, there are times where he may disagree or feel frustrated by him.

So basically, she was probably originally to be from Begnion. And of course, she still could be from Begnion in the final product, but made a living as a mercenary in Crimea, but not from Crimea, if that makes sense.

Edited by Kirokan

Nice. Hopefully my text isn't too shabby compared to yours : P

Hmm, looking at Rajaion, I'm wondering if the person who leaked the older Sanaki and older Soren information long ago mistook him for older Soren, rather than Sephiran? If I blur my eyes, he's a dead ringer for an older Soren.

I like the idea of Mia being from Begnion. That might actually explain a lot. Her experience of being dismissed for her gender most certainly fits well to that country. Not just because of it being described as traditional and ancient but more concretely through and it's all-male senate and the only female officers we've ever seen are part of the all-female Holy Guard. Not to mention that Muarim's question to Lethe about female commanders in Gallia makes little sense if military officials like Lethe are actually a common sight in Begnion. Astrid also only ever talked about her sisters on the subject of arranged marriages and tear-stained letters.

Edited by BrightBow

Thanks to Vincent ASM, we have Reyson and Leanne's profiles:

Reyson (P. 76) (Notes translated by VincentASM)

Leanne (P. 77) (Notes translated by VincentASM)

And some concept art I completed:

Ena, Gareth, Rajaion, & Tibarn (150-151)

The book indeed says Begnion. Her profile also mentioned she was a Crimean mercenary, rather than army. I translated this section from earlier which may explain the discrepancy:

Personal Data

The top block contains "Race/Class/Affinity/Origin." This is information that can be found in game. Character ages that had been confirmed (at the start of Path of Radiance) are also noted. "Apparent Designed Ages" are ages that were noted in design documents as a rough approximation of how old a character appears, but are by no means an absolute age for the character.

The bottom block contains "Hobby/Talent/Finds Important/Likes/Dislikes" of a character. These are all taken from design documents of the characters themselves. As such, they may contain information that is not really in the main game itself, or include slight differences [from the final product]. Do not assume the profiles to be absolute, either. It is more that we wished to capture a broad "essence" of a character [rather than set it in stone]. For example, in Ike's case, he may love meat, but there could be days where he wants to eat fish too. Likewise, though his father is dear family to him, there are times where he may disagree or feel frustrated by him.

So basically, she was probably originally to be from Begnion. And of course, she still could be from Begnion in the final product, but made a living as a mercenary in Crimea, but not from Crimea, if that makes sense.

I see, thanks for the clarification!

I think that they could have been more precise about it tough.

Anyway, It's nice to see Rajajon in his goldoan outfit.

Knowing that he was the second most powerful dragon in Tellius makes me wonder how powerful he could have been in PoR and RD as a unit...

Huh, interesting. About Mia's home country, I mean.

And wow, if I didn't know any better, I would've thought Rajaion was Soren's dad or brother. He looks just like an older version of him!

That Lucia profile made me grin from ear to freakin' ear because of this line:

"...Elincia herself would hate to live without her." All my feels. Word of God just went and solidified my OTP. :D

Thanks a lot, Kirokan. I know my one friend will be over the moon with this one too.

On a completely different note, she continues to hear passionate confessions of love from Bastian. She likewise continues to show absolutely no interest in him.

(all typos are 100% mine)

They might to revise that when Radiant Dawn comes along and if they still consider all possible supports. ;) I always liked that Lucia and Bastian's ending is just them being friend with benefits and not another one of the predominant "Twu Wuvs" and "Tragic Romances".

I already meant to write that in my last reply, but thank you too, AstroknighticalFeats, for your work on these! :)

@Fire Emblem Fan:

After Chapter 9, Titania and Caineghis greet each other like old friends, but I don't think it's really brought up again afterwards.

Edited by ping

That Lucia profile made me grin from ear to freakin' ear because of this line:

"...Elincia herself would hate to live without her." All my feels. Word of God just went and solidified my OTP. :D

Except the Geoffrey x Elincia ending... But I know how you feel there, man, being a big Ike x Elincia shipper myself. xP

Although, if I was as close to my brothers as Elincia and Lucia are to each other, I would hate to live without them too. Heck, it's already hard to live without my younger brother (he's dead...). So I totally get Elincia here. Man, I relate to both her and Ike so much. I guess that's another reason I ship them.

I wonder if Caineghis was based off of Simba from Disney's The Lion King. They both have red manes and are both called Lion King.

Edited by Anacybele

Two more concept art pages!

Sigrun, Tanith, & Marcia (156-157)

Ashnard & the Black Knight (158-159)

Wow, not counting Soren (who Microwaveit is working on), this completes the entire concept art section of the book... well, there are some battle animation concepts, but in terms of characters. Yay! Though it's a shame some lost out and didn't have any concept art. Maybe in the RD book...?