The cringiest things from Fire Emblem

CatManThree

Spite we all loving this franchise so much, there is still no doubt that as with

any media, there can be a lot of horrible things related to the topic that can

result in absolute cringe.

Whether it be something in one of the games themselves or some annoyance

in the fandom, this topic exists for those who wish to speak of these horrid things.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, November 18, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, November 18, 2016 - No reason given

I accidentally posted this in the general section instead of general fire emblem.

Sorry about that btw.

Literally just how the fandom reacted to skinship being removed. Thanks FE fandom for destroying what little faith I had left in humanity.

Yeah this tbh.

I legit have no idea why people find this so controversial. If anything, the EN version just saves time, there's no real substance to the petting part.

Besides that, the cast's treatment of Peri and Corrin in general, Camilla's design as a whole, and Narcian being an idiot come to mind.

Radiant Dawn Part 4 is a fucking trainwreck for the vast majority of it. It has some good moments, but you can really tell that the game started getting rushed, because the moment Yune appears the dialogue quality just tanks and becomes super stilted. It's terrible.

Radiant Dawn Part 4 is a fucking trainwreck for the vast majority of it. It has some good moments, but you can really tell that the game started getting rushed, because the moment Yune appears the dialogue quality just tanks and becomes super stilted. It's terrible.

No kidding. It's painful.

For me, it's any time Ike takes a moral pedestal. Just wretched.

In the beginning of Four Fanged Offense in Blazing Sword, Eliwood and Ninian have some friendly banter and then Eliwood says "I like it when you laugh." I'm not good when it comes to being in a relationship but I know that you should NOT say that to a girl you secretly love, it's just so wrong.

Alec and Sylvia's lover talk in chapter 5 made me feel bad for Alec I feel like he has been put in a predicament and it's all my fault for allowing that to happen.

Maybe it is just me, but Genki Yokota whole "I guess I mostly like women" in his FE Awakening interview

sort didn't settle well with me.

Also, when a friend of mine learned about this, he proceeded to nickname him "The Waifu Master"...

Edited by CatManThree

I am going to say the whole kid thing in Fates is what made me cringe the most because the my castle would have been a perfectly fine and safe place to have kids, the kids had no importance what soever to the story at least in Awakening kids made sense and it was made clear that all the parents waited awhile before having said kid and who has a bunch of kids during a war where you could die at any minute that is one of the dumbest if not the dumbest plot hole I have seen in a long time.

Soleil's existence and that everyone I meet seems to praise her for being a great character. Fun fact: she's not.

All the forced gay ships between the Hoshidan and Nohrian royals. Especially Hinoka and Camilla, that one is just god awful.

The fact people make shadow dragon out to be a bad game when the people at question are just really bad.

Does Tearring Saga count? That entire story was a train wreck…

Also, Eliwood’s speech to Ninian and Nils at the end of FE7… Ugh…

Ephraim, just Ephraim…

Fates in general…

Brianmond but more of cringing in horror rather than cringing and how bad it is…

The way the avatars were implemented, particularly bad with Chris

How Miciah (sp?) was handled…

The final boss of the true ending of FE6 being a joke… Made even worse that by giving her the weapon she should have had originally through hacking throws her in the complete opposite direction… It's like the developers couldn't make up their mind about her, and the end result was a complete mess…

Guinevere not fighting, even though, unlike Nyna, she's clearly capable of doing so (and is even implied to know swordpaly on top of all the magic…) Also knowing light magic for no reason... Again, it's like developers could not make up their minds with her… She would have been perfectly fine as a Lord…

Also, Roy, and his very bad promotion

• Ike's behavior towards Sanaki when he met her the first time in temple Mainal.
  • Camilla in general
  • Vaike in general
  • the variety of different mission objectives in FE13

Come on, Vaike wasn't THAT bad.

He's better in his supports, but his behavior in the first few chapters he shows up in just killed my interest in using him and allowing him to breed in my first three playthroughs.

A lot of the supports in Awakening were super cringey though especially the S rank. A lot of them just felt so forced when the characters had basically zero chemistry together.

Also throwing in

-Parts of the Shadow Dragon localization (League of A's)

-FE9 and 10 voice acting

-The idiot ball scene in FE8 when the stone gets broken

-How forced the dialog with the tactician in FE7 was

Edited by fangpoint333

Stat-wise, he was always one of my worst Awakening parents. I never even married him off to anyone, but to each their own I guess.

For me, incest in general, whether it's just undertones or serious, adopted family or biological, makes me cringe. I don't care if incest was okay in medieval times or it has less backlash in Japan; I just do not want to see it in any games let alone Fire Emblem anymore.