Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Version 4.6 had an "Update Notification" newspost rather than a "Weapon Refinery Update" one, so there won't be a Feh Channel. "Update Notification" = "here's all the info about the upcoming update", "Weapon Refinery Update" = "here's just the weapons, you'll hear the rest in a Feh Channel in a few days". They've been very consistent about this for quite a while.

There is an exception I can recall: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/The_Next_Update_Is_on_Its_Way!_(4.2.0)_(Notification)

This was posted on 29 Jan, and we had a FEH channel on 1 Feb, the one with Fehnix and the introduction of FEH pass

But yeah, me expecting a FEH channel is just me being optimistic since we have been getting them every 2 months, but IS loves breaking whatever patterns they manage to make over time 😞 lol

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

52 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

There is an exception I can recall: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/The_Next_Update_Is_on_Its_Way!_(4.2.0)_(Notification)

This was posted on 29 Jan, and we had a FEH channel on 1 Feb, the one with Fehnix and the introduction of FEH pass

But yeah, me expecting a FEH channel is just me being optimistic since we have been getting them every 2 months, but IS loves breaking whatever patterns they manage to make over time 😞 lol

Interesting, I forgot about that one. It's a possibility, then.

4 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

When are we expected to get the teaser for the new heroes? 

In either 4 hours or 28 hours from the time I'm posting this.

Edit: Seems it's the latter.

Edited by Othin

Very weird that no trailer has come up. They always appear three days before the banner goes live, unless it's a legendary/mythic banner pretty much, which is it not.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Very weird that no trailer has come up. They always appear three days before the banner goes live, unless it's a legendary/mythic banner pretty much, which is it not.

I was very certain it wasn't going to be tonight (despite hoping it still would be) when I realized it wasn't the final day of the VG. They've been tending to drop New Hero trailers on the last day of a VG if there is one active (they did the same with Dark Burdens last month, and that trailer also was just two days in advance).

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I was very certain it wasn't going to be tonight (despite hoping it still would be) when I realized it wasn't the final day of the VG. They've been tending to drop New Hero trailers on the last day of a VG if there is one active (they did the same with Dark Burdens last month, and that trailer also was just two days in advance).

Really? I never noticed that happen before. Huh.

4 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

The official FEH twitter has not tweeted the weekly comic, nor did they announce that Mjolnir's Strike started today. Hm, is something up?

Oh yeah, that is odd. The Japanese Twitter didn't post anything either. So it's gotta be something on their end.

13 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

The official FEH twitter has not tweeted the weekly comic, nor did they announce that Mjolnir's Strike started today. Hm, is something up?

The latter got an in-game notification at today's reset, which honestly is the place that matters more.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, that is odd. The Japanese Twitter didn't post anything either. So it's gotta be something on their end.

Yeah, now I just wonder if they’ll randomly tweet at a later point in the evening (which I remember they have done before) or if they’re just going to wait until tomorrow.

Just now, SockPuppet said:

Yeah, now I just wonder if they’ll randomly tweet at a later point in the evening (which I remember they have done before) or if they’re just going to wait until tomorrow.

Yeah, or they plan to suddenly drop a Feh Channel on us later. Though I'm not sure that's likely.

I'm really feeling that Awakening banner. It's been a year since that last one and two years since the last seasonal. It's time. 

Three Houses for a summer banner though please. 

I know it's likely to be Awakening, but man. Last time we had a New Heroes banner focused on a single pre-Fates game was February, and Awakening isn't much older. If it is Awakening, I really hope Tellius is in July.

I still think it should be Tellius because that one's gone the longest without a new heroes banner. I don't care if Tellius just had characters on two banners in a row now, they were mostly alts, not new ones. Us Tellius fans should get more than just Ashnard and Rafiel for the first actual new additions in several months. If we don't get a Tellius banner real soon in any case, I'm going to wonder if IS just doesn't care and thinks "oh, Tellius will be better as just alts and one new character or two on occasion, it won't be good otherwise" which would make little sense to me since Tellius is missing more notable characters than any other game besides TH. There's a reason people keep asking for the Crimean knights and the rest of the Greil Mercs and the Dawn Brigade and all. And Jill is one of the most requested new characters right now. It also makes no sense to keep putting her off for so long.

Another thing, Tellius has been added as only seasonal since January of last year with the exception of regular Sigrun being a random TT unit. Freaking seasonal only otherwise. I don't understand this. I'd like regular versions of my favorite Tellius characters, not just seasonals.

But knowing IS, it probably is Awakening which I won't have interest in unless for some reason it gives us a Frederick alt.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But knowing IS, it probably is Awakening which I won't have interest in unless for some reason it gives us a Frederick alt.

They could always give us a Warriors banner featuring the units in their Promoted armor. While some of them are just in their promoted armor from their original games (Lissa becoming a War Cleric, Corrin as a Hoshido/Nohr Noble, etc.), the prepromotes like Freddy do have completely unique armor. And they already borrowed the design of Frederick's Axe from warriors, so it can't be THAT farfetched.

...certainly better than giving us two Sword Infantry with basically the same weapon... again...

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

They could always give us a Warriors banner featuring the units in their Promoted armor. While some of them are just in their promoted armor from their original games (Lissa becoming a War Cleric, Corrin as a Hoshido/Nohr Noble, etc.), the prepromotes like Freddy do have completely unique armor. And they already borrowed the design of Frederick's Axe from warriors, so it can't be THAT farfetched.

...certainly better than giving us two Sword Infantry with basically the same weapon... again...

Yeah, I agree with this. I really want Guardian Knight Frederick in the game at some point myself because his Warriors axe getting in pretty much opened the door. But I'm afraid IS would think he won't be profitable enough due to not being popular or female. 😕 They'd have to give him insanely good art and insane stats and skills so at least the whales will do their thing. But that could make him OP too.

I don't think an Awakening banner would do well if it was Vaike, Miriel, Kellam, and Laurent either. None of them are popular at all. They'd need to add someone else to help carry the banner. But I'd definitely believe that someone else to be Severa or Inigo or even another version of Chrom or Lucina before a Frederick alt.

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Another thing, Tellius has been added as only seasonal since January of last year with the exception of regular Sigrun being a random TT unit. Freaking seasonal only otherwise. I don't understand this.

April of last year, since the got Caineghis and others beast... but the point is the same. I agree with you. It's been a long time since Tellius. I hope we get something soon, even thought I am not positive the next banner will be Tellius.

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I would like a Warriors Banner... Sakura as a infantry archer, Lissa as a infantry axe unit, Elise as a cavalry tome unit...

We could have Lianna in the banner, and Rowan as TT unit... or vice-versa.

Maybe they give a better effect for Frederick's Axe then, since Death Blow 3 Armor effective isn't that interesting in 2020 (it was already boring when it was released, the worst of that group in my opinion). Frederick's Great Axe, for example. Same design, but different effect... like Armor effective and Atk/Def Solo.

Edit: Rowan and Lianna could be a Duo Hero.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

April of last year, since the got Caineghis and others beast... but the point is the same. I agree with you. It's been a long time since Tellius. I hope we get something soon, even thought I am not positive the next banner will be Tellius.

Oh, right, yeah. But indeed.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe they give a better effect for Frederick's Axe then, since Death Blow 3 Armor effective isn't that interesting in 2020 (it was already boring when it was released, the worst of that group in my opinion). Frederick's Great Axe, for example. Same design, but different effect... like Armor effective and Atk/Def Solo.

As much as I wish they'd give it a better effect, because yeah, armor effectiveness with Death Blow is boring as hell now, I admit I would prefer a new color Frederick because he can use the whole weapon triangle. Why not take advantage of that? He also actually favors the lance anyway because that's what he starts with in Awakening. Chrom does mention that he likes using an axe sometimes too, but his most preferred definitely seems to be a lance and so I'd really like a lance Freddy at some point.

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would like a Warriors Banner... Sakura as a infantry archer, Lissa as a infantry axe unit, Elise as a cavalry tome unit...

Hm... we are kinda overdue on a Sword Infantry Duo Hero. Kinda surprising we haven't had one yet, considering how much IntSys loves Sword Infantry.

I find it hard to imagine most Awakening units with Solo effects, save Panne the wary and Yarne the terrified (I guess it's a Taguel thing?), you know given the whole Power of Bonds thing, but on the other hand- wait... hm... Guardian... will put life on the line to protect his liege and allies... bonds... idea...

Grants Atk +3. If ally has HP less than 75%, unit can move to any space adjacent to ally. When unit is within 2 spaces of an ally with HP less than 75%, grants unit Atk/Def +6 and ignores foes bonuses (from skills like Rally, Hone, etc.) during combat.

I dunno if Cavalry can inherit Joint Drive Atk, but my Freddy would PROBABLY have Joint Drive Atk/Def, Atk/Def Bond 4, and Lull Atk/Def.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I find it hard to imagine most Awakening units with Solo effects, save Panne the wary and Yarne the terrified (I guess it's a Taguel thing?), you know given the whole Power of Bonds thing, but on the other hand- wait... hm... Guardian... will put life on the line to protect his liege and allies... bonds... idea...

Grants Atk +3. If ally has HP less than 75%, unit can move to any space adjacent to ally. When unit is within 2 spaces of an ally with HP less than 75%, grants unit Atk/Def +6 and ignores foes bonuses (from skills like Rally, Hone, etc.) during combat.

I dunno if Cavalry can inherit Joint Drive Atk, but my Freddy would PROBABLY have Joint Drive Atk/Def, Atk/Def Bond 4, and Lull Atk/Def.

Yeah. They could go with Atk/Def Bond 4, since it's been almost a year since the first Bond 4 skill that was Brave Micaiah.

That effect you described would make Frederick fit pretty well in a Galeforce Team. The player would only need a way to trigger the special since Fred is not a fast unit.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hadn't thought of that. Have Lianna be the main hero and the loud-mouthed, annoying Rowan be the cheerleader.

Duo Lianna as the Sword

Sage Lyssa with Axe

Sniper Takumi as the Colorless Bow

Dark Flier Cordelia as a lance or blue tome.

GHB - Darios

High Prince Ryoma could be his Muspell Resplendent alt.

Diva Azura and Prima Olivia could be saved to be thematically lumped in with a second TMS#FE banner.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

If we don't get a Tellius banner real soon in any case, I'm going to wonder if IS just doesn't care and thinks "oh, Tellius will be better as just alts and one new character or two on occasion, it won't be good otherwise" which would make little sense to me since Tellius is missing more notable characters than any other game besides TH.

This got me curious.

By my count: Between the two Tellius games, there are 73 playable characters (72 in FE10, plus Largo). Of those, 28 are available in Heroes right now, with 4 (Ilyana, Rafiel, Rolf, and Tanith) are only available as seasonals at the moment. So it's missing 45 or 49 characters, depending on how you count it.

Three Houses has 24 house students, 9 church units, 5 DLC units, and 2 Byleths. So that's a total of 40. Tellius is missing more playable characters than 3H's entire playable cast.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

This got me curious.

By my count: Between the two Tellius games, there are 73 playable characters (72 in FE10, plus Largo). Of those, 28 are available in Heroes right now, with 4 (Ilyana, Rafiel, Rolf, and Tanith) are only available as seasonals at the moment. So it's missing 45 or 49 characters, depending on how you count it.

Three Houses has 24 house students, 9 church units, 5 DLC units, and 2 Byleths. So that's a total of 40. Tellius is missing more playable characters than 3H's entire playable cast.

Yes, but I did say notable characters though. A bunch of Tellius's playables are minor and unimportant too. Like, how many people are going to care about Gareth, Largo, Lyre, Meg... And there are still non-playable notable characters from Tellius to be added too, like Petrine, Bryce, Lekain, etc.

TH has the remaining students and the faculty, which is quite a few.

Edited by Anacybele