"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

She's usable, but of course, getting another Elincia who isn't -Atk or -Spd would be better.

How does she not have high attack? Amiti being an 11 MT Brave Sword that has a -2 speed penalty instead of -5 means that if Elincia had 32 attack and 32 speed instead of 34 attack and 36 speed, she would be a red Cordelia since Amiti even things out. Cordelia has 35 attack and speed and her default Brave Lance+ puts her at 43 attack and 30 speed. Granted, Cordelia is in a better color pool, but Cordelia is still one of the best units in the game even if she's neutral in attack or speed. +Atk would be better and so would +Spd Cordelia who would also be a good Firesweep Lance+ user.

Anyway, -Spd Elincia would have 34 attack and 33 speed. With Amiti, she would have 45 attack and 31 speed. Her default Death Blow 3 brings her to 51 attack on initiation as well. L&D3 would put her at 50 attack and 36 speed. It would be better if she was +Atk or +Spd, but 51 attack and 31 speed by default or 50 attack and 36 speed with L&D3 inherited is still pretty good when you consider that none of the default melee Brave units come with Death Blow; the closest is Luke with Fire Boost and he's kind of this slow, high attack Brave unit.

1-range units using Brave weapons with 35/35 offenses by default cap at 43 attack and 30 speed. Death Blow 3 brings them to 49 attack and 30 speed and L&D3 brings them to 48 attack and 35 speed. Both are lower than what -Spd Elincia can have. They will exceed her if +Atk or +Spd, but that's because she's -Spd.

Yeah, I forgot to factor in Amiti. I guess she is usable, but I would keeping pulling for a better one if the player is willing.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinion time. I got the feathers gathered up that were needed to promote a 4* Gordin to 5*... to sacrifice him to Bridelia to give her a Brave Bow+.

My Bridelia (+Att -Spd), who already had Life and Death 3, Desperation, Luna, and Reciprocal Aid, now is +3 merge, leaving her with HP 38 - Attack 51 -  Speed 33 - Defense 15 - Resistance 18. What I'd like opinion on, should I transfer my Summoner Support from my Eirika (who only had it because I didn't know who else to put it on) to Bridelia? I've issues with how the only good Bridelia I could secure has a -Spd nature, leaving her slower than other Bridelia and rendering her unable to quad against certain slower units.

Also a previous question of mine was ignored.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:24 AM, Xenomata said:

Just wondering, is there a way for an ally unit to take even one damage without ever engaging the enemy?

For the sake of Ardent Sacrifice, a skill which I have some problems with because it does require a unit to have taken damage first, which by that time most Arena enemies have already made it halfway to my army, if not have already engaged combat.

Is there a way to play Heroes on a laptop right now?  I could never get Bluestacks or Nox to work for me, and I here they don't work at all, now.

I picked up a $50 tablet for sale, but it barely plays Heroes and gets really hot for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Does Elincia make good use of Galeforce?

I'm saving my extra Cordelia for now, but if it isn't good on her, I'll give it and Brave Lance+ to my +Atk Brave Lucina.

Any fast quad Brave users are good Galeforce users in my opinion, especially for Tempest Trials. I am not sure if it that good in Arena though since having a damage Special helps a lot.

Is it possible to check a merged units IV's? I have a +10 Eliwood that I've been slowly building over a few months in my spare time and I have no idea what his nature is at this point. I figured if I just got him to level 30 it would be as if he was level 40 but apparently the merged stat bonuses don't just give you the level up stats earlier, because it didn't match up.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Double post.

Everyone's secret ability is apparently Galeforce.

I laughed way to hard it this :P

15 minutes ago, immatx said:

Is it possible to check a merged units IV's? I have a +10 Eliwood that I've been slowly building over a few months in my spare time and I have no idea what his nature is at this point. I figured if I just got him to level 30 it would be as if he was level 40 but apparently the merged stat bonuses don't just give you the level up stats earlier, because it didn't match up.

What's the rarity on the Eliwood? If he's below 5*, you can just preview his promoted stats in the "Unlock Potential" menu; merges don't carry over upon a rarity upgrade so you'll see his Lv. 1 5* +0 stats.

Otherwise, +10 is always a +4 bump to every stat, so just level him to 40 (though you'll probably be able to tell by the mid-late 30s).

Edited by LordFrigid
strikethrough on bad assumption

8 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

What's the rarity on the Eliwood? If he's below 5*, you can just preview his promoted stats in the "Unlock Potential" menu; merges don't carry over upon a rarity upgrade so you'll see his Lv. 1 5* +0 stats.

Otherwise, +10 is always a +4 bump to every stat, so just level him to 40 (though you'll probably be able to tell by the mid-late 30s).

I.....didn't realize that. Damn, he's only 3*. Being a casual player is really coming back to bite me :/

On the bright side he has the ideal nature sooooo that's something I guess

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Opinion time. I got the feathers gathered up that were needed to promote a 4* Gordin to 5*... to sacrifice him to Bridelia to give her a Brave Bow+.

My Bridelia (+Att -Spd), who already had Life and Death 3, Desperation, Luna, and Reciprocal Aid, now is +3 merge, leaving her with HP 38 - Attack 51 -  Speed 33 - Defense 15 - Resistance 18. What I'd like opinion on, should I transfer my Summoner Support from my Eirika (who only had it because I didn't know who else to put it on) to Bridelia? I've issues with how the only good Bridelia I could secure has a -Spd nature, leaving her slower than other Bridelia and rendering her unable to quad against certain slower units.

Also a previous question of mine was ignored.

If you can't quad, shove Death Blow on her, for the literal highest attack archer in the game.  If my Leon can do it, so can she.

For the other question, be in range of an AoE special or Savage Blow.  It's pretty hard to pull off, so I'd go the combat route.  Reciprocal Aid can work, as well.

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you can't quad, shove Death Blow on her, for the literal highest attack archer in the game.  If my Leon can do it, so can she.

For the other question, be in range of an AoE special or Savage Blow.  It's pretty hard to pull off, so I'd go the combat route.  Reciprocal Aid can work, as well.

I... what? I don't get these answers.

Death Blow makes the problem WORSE without improving it. An extra 2 attack doesn't make up for the loss of 5 Speed very well, limiting what my Bridelia can double to... Brave Frederick and similar? I thought Brave + Death Blow was for slow units who didn't need the speed, and Brave + LnD was for the units who still have enough speed to initiate doubles on numerous units?

And I'm not sure why Savage Blow would ever be used on Arena units.

Just now, Xenomata said:

I... what? I don't get these answers.

Death Blow makes the problem WORSE without improving it. An extra 2 attack doesn't make up for the loss of 5 Speed very well, limiting what my Bridelia can double to... Brave Frederick and similar? I thought Brave + Death Blow was for slow units who didn't need the speed, and Brave + LnD was for the units who still have enough speed to initiate doubles on numerous units?

And I'm not sure why Savage Blow would ever be used on Arena units.

If you aren't doubling enough, then switch to two very hard-hitting attacks.  Or use buffs.  Regardless, it can be worked around, but the question is what YOU want out of it.  Quadding's not really necessary when you're overkilling things in two hits.

Some people don't switch out Camilla's C slot.  You wanted a way for units to take damage without combat, so you're stuck with that.

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

What I'd like opinion on, should I transfer my Summoner Support from my Eirika (who only had it because I didn't know who else to put it on) to Bridelia?

The answer is yes 

9000% yes lol 

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Just wondering, is there a way for an ally unit to take even one damage without ever engaging the enemy?

No

I guess there's getting hit with savage blow but that's it heh

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you aren't doubling enough, then switch to two very hard-hitting attacks.  Or use buffs.  Regardless, it can be worked around, but the question is what YOU want out of it.  Quadding's not really necessary when you're overkilling things in two hits.

Some people don't switch out Camilla's C slot.  You wanted a way for units to take damage without combat, so you're stuck with that.

I do have buffs available (Is Eirika considered overkill?), but my logic is, generally anyways, if a unit has base 30 speed or lower before equipping a Brave, they generally prefer Death Blow, where 31-34 depends on the unit, and 35 and higher is where the unit generally wants LnD3. Bridelia would hit 35 speed with Summoner Support A.

Ugh... that's upsetting, having limited ways to take damage to be able to trigger Ardent Sacrifice. At that point it just seems better to let them take counterattack damage...

30 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The answer is yes 

9000% yes lol 

No

I guess there's getting hit with savage blow but that's it heh

Will her power levels be OVER 9000%?!?!

Again, UGH... I've never seen Savage Blow on ANYONE in Arena Battles in tiers 17 and 18.

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Again, UGH... I've never seen Savage Blow on ANYONE in Arena Battles in tiers 17 and 18.

I haven't either

So the answer is no ;pppppp

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Probably

The point of S support is to give it to a unit you use most often to make them extremely powerful. If that's what you think you need, then do it

S support and speed seal get her back to neutral speed from the -3 penalty. If she's ally supported with someone she can get 1 or 2 more speed after that, and this is excluding buffs XD

Bride Cordelia is a fricking beast ;-;

Edited by Arcanite

25 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I do have buffs available (Is Eirika considered overkill?), but my logic is, generally anyways, if a unit has base 30 speed or lower before equipping a Brave, they generally prefer Death Blow, where 31-34 depends on the unit, and 35 and higher is where the unit generally wants LnD3. Bridelia would hit 35 speed with Summoner Support A.

Ugh... that's upsetting, having limited ways to take damage to be able to trigger Ardent Sacrifice. At that point it just seems better to let them take counterattack damage...

Check the overkill numbers.  If Cordy's killing things in two hits, her Speed is rather irrelevant, no?

Funny, I've run into multiple Camillas in my quest for a deathless run.  Just gotta get lucky, I suppose.  Or deal with the weapon triangle, since there's a surprising amount of things that can withstand a single WTD attack.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

The computer is not very good at running Savage Blow in my opinion since players are not going to clump their units together that badly, so I never put them on my defense team. For a player controlled team, Savage Blow is still kind of risky since you have to be careful using it around enemies with Vantage. I run it on my BB!Cordelia and it helps her take down high HP units if Reinhardt is busy elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have several questions:

• Is it good to run desperation on a (+atk,-hp) Elincia?
  • If not, what else can be run with death blow?
  • Is a (+atk,-hp) raven Sophia has a good iv to increase to a 5*?
  • What are some good pairings for the ally support system?
  • It works decently enough, but I'd rather run it with Fury.
  • A -breaker and Escape Route also work (the latter is due to her relative bulk)
  • It works decently enough.  Her ideal set is +Atk/-Spd, due to her base speed being absolute garbage
  • Two units you use a lot together.  That's dependent on your team.

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a way to play Heroes on a laptop right now?  I could never get Bluestacks or Nox to work for me, and I here they don't work at all, now.

I picked up a $50 tablet for sale, but it barely plays Heroes and gets really hot for some reason.

There are a few ways. The method that worked for me is to download the specific version of Bluestacks provided in a Mega link in the post here, and then follow the instructions listed to change the engine. The interface is in Chinese, so you'll have to put up with some moon runes for some things.

To change the internal language to English, open Bluestacks, click on the first panel, which should have a gear in the upper left corner, and then click on the gear to open the Settings menu. Scroll down and there should be an option that has an icon with some mini flags, click on that, select English.

Then you'll need to grab yourself the Fire Emblem Heroes v.1.7.0 APK file from somewhere. Google can lead you to places where that's available, or download the Qooapp app to download FEH and install it. To install an APK file on Bluestacks, you just need to have Bluestacks open and you can drag and drop it into the emulator. And now you follow the instructions in this post.

The 803 thread has a couple other ways, and that's where people have been troubleshooting the current state of emulation. Let me know if this works for you, or if you need more help with it. You can also poke around the 803 thread for some methods to try for the MEmu or AmiDUOS emulators. I haven't had any problems with the Chinese Bluestacks since I've gotten it running.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Even though I plan to inherit all 3 skills anyways which skill should I prioritize 1st?

Quick Riposte 2, Desperation 3, or Lance Breaker 3?

Depends on the unit. If it is a Player Phase unit, I would prioritize Desperation or Lancebreaker. If it is an Enemy Phase unit, I would prioritize Quick Riposte 2.

I have an archer situation here:

Today I pulled some Kleins, that makes three overall and one of them is even 5*. I'm not sure who should get Brave+ and DB3, since I never got BB!Cordelia and Innes. These are my candidates

• Jeorge 5* +ATK -SPD (103 wins/8 losses with Brave+/DB3)
  • Klein 5* +SPD -DEF (94/2)
  • Klein 4* +ATK -HP (64/19 at 4*, 101/8 at 5*)
  • BH!Lyn 5* neutral (105/2 vanilla, 111/0 Brave+)
  • Gordin 4* +ATK -SPD (84/18 with Brave+/DB3, 95/11 at 5*, 108/4 at 4* +10)

Lyn is already good with her native set and she doesn't need Death Blow anyway. Jeorge (103/8) would become better than any of the Kleins and I don't have enough copies for a 4* +10 Gordin. 

I was going to sacrifice 5* Klein to Jeorge, keep the 4* +ATK one and save the third Klein (4*, almost neutral) for a top tier archer in the future. But I'm not sure if Jeorge is worth the sacrifice tough.