Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

37 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Sorry, I derped on the math. Enemies need 55+ Atk on the physical side and 58+ Atk on the magical side to one shot her. But given that she's -Spd, she's more likely to get doubled if you're going to give her Brave Bow on top of that. Although DB3 is a good choice since she's +Atk.

Yeah, I would have wished for a +spd not-atk Cordelia. But this cruel Rng thing. Never ever gonna spend any more money on this game. This was the last time - for sure - come what may

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I want to make Elise terrifying, but I want some feedback in case I am overlooking some other skill combination.

Elise +Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Fear/Slow [Candlelight Dazzling Staff upgrade], Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light
Atk Spd, Wrathful Staff, Hone Cavalry
Speed +3/Attack +3 Sacred Seal

I thought about Atk Spd Bond at first (once it is released), but I do not think that is a good idea since the AI is pretty bad at positioning units for buffs.

The idea is to run three of her similar to my triple Reinhardt defense team, so... yeah. I have three Elises ready to learn those skills and once another three Elises with the right nature comes along (and have enough Sacred Coins and Nephenees), I can just merge them.

Edited by XRay

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

So, I want to make Elise terrifying, but I want some feedback in case I am overlooking some other skill combination.

Fear/Slow [Candlelight upgrade], Rehabilitate, Heavenly Light
Atk Spd, Wrathful Staff, Hone Cavalry
Speed +3/Attack +3 Sacred Seal

I thought about Atk Spd Bond at first (once it is released), but I do not think that is a good idea since the AI is pretty bad at positioning units for buffs.

The idea is to run three of her similar to my triple Reinhardt defense team, so... yeah. I have three Elises ready to learn those skills and once another three Elises with the right nature comes along, I can just merge them.

Healers don't have much choice for skills, but what about miracle for the special? If you want to run them as defense team, perhaps 1-2 should unequip their healing skill in favor of reposition. Just an idea, I'm not the AI expert. 

With their high ATK value, physic would be the better healing skill anyway (distant healing and no special penalty). 

/Edit: perhaps Physic is bad for Hone Cav, Goad Cav then?

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Healers don't have much choice for skills, but what about miracle for the special? If you want to run them as defense team, perhaps 1-2 should unequip their healing skill in favor of reposition. Just an idea, I'm not the AI expert. 

With their high ATK value, physic would be the better healing skill anyway (distant healing and no special penalty). 

I am not sure if the battles will last long enough for them to trigger Miracle. Reposition is a good idea, I forgot that healers are not limited to healing Assists. I think I will go for Reposition or Rally Def Res depending on the scoring so I might need a mix. I want to target players who are just above 451 since I do not think most of them have tanks against colorless magic.

I am not sure if I want Physic since I want my Elises to stick together for Hone Cavalry.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not sure if the battles will last long enough for them to trigger Miracle. Reposition is a good idea, I forgot that healers are not limited to healing Assists. I think I will go for Reposition or Rally Def Res depending on the scoring so I might need a mix. I want to target players who are just above 451 since I do not think most of them have tanks against colorless magic.

I am not sure if I want Physic since I want my Elises to stick together for Hone Cavalry.

Yeah, forgot about Hone Cav. 

About miracle: If you run one Elise with Miracle, QP and without Rehab, then she could proc her special on the second fight. Perhaps she isn't tanky enough for such a strategy, but it's the only special relevant to fights, since the balms don't help much if your Elises are already buffed. 

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

About miracle: If you run one Elise with Miracle, QP and without Rehab, then she could proc her special on the second fight. Perhaps she isn't tanky enough for such a strategy, but it's the only special relevant to fights, since the balms don't help much if your Elises are already buffed. 

Yeah, I will try it out. I do not think she can run anything else on her Special anyway.

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, I will try it out. I do not think she can run anything else on her Special anyway.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

Reposition is a good idea, I forgot that healers are not limited to healing Assists. I think I will go for Reposition or Rally Def Res depending on the scoring so I might need a mix. 

Just tested it, they can't learn positioning nor Rally assist skills.

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

Just tested it, they can't learn positioning nor Rally assist skills.

Darn it. I guess it is just Miracle and Rehabilitate+ then.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Darn it. I guess it is just Miracle and Rehabilitate+ then.

Wouldn't Recover+ be better than Rehabilitate+ since you're running 3 of her? She doesn't have that much HP so raw healing might be better. 

How does Firesweep Bow stack up against Brave Bow for Bridelia? Pulled a +Spd, -Hp one and I don't really know which to give her. Leaning towards brave bow because I only have the one Faye, but it's not a dealbreaker if Firesweep is a better choice.

Edited by Absolute Zero

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

Wouldn't Recover+ be better than Rehabilitate+ since you're running 3 of her? She doesn't have that much HP so raw healing might be better. 

Good point. I have not thought of that.

I think the final build would be something like this:

Fear+/Slow+ [Dazzling Staff effect], Recover+, Miracle/Heavenly Light (depending on score)
Atk Spd 2, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry
Speed +3/Attack +3/Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal

4 minutes ago, Absolute Zero said:

How does Firesweep Bow stack up against Brave Bow for Bridelia? Pulled a +Spd, -Hp one and I don't really know which to give her. Leaning towards brave bow because I only have the one Faye, but it's not a dealbreaker if Firesweep is a better choice.

For player controlled nuking, Brave Bow is better in my opinion. For annoyance and frustration on a defense team, Firesweep Bow-Cancel Affinity is better.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, I got a +Atk/-HP Ayra, which seems pretty solid. Is her base skillset okay? Or are there skills that might help her more than what she starts with?

Her base skill set is pretty much the best. I would add a positioning Assist and whatever buff you like since those slots are empty.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

Her base skill set is pretty much the best. I would add a positioning Assist and whatever buff you like since those slots are empty.

Alright, cool. It seemed good, but I wanted to make sure before spending SP on any of them.

I pulled an Ike with super shitty IVs and don't want to merge him into my neutral Ike, so is there anybody who really appreciates Heavy Blade 3? GamePress suggests it on Michalis, but I'm not sure if it's worth it because I've already got Minerva and perfect Cherche, if I'll ever build her.

Otherwise I just keep him as Aether fodder.

2 minutes ago, pullofthebush said:

I pulled an Ike with super shitty IVs and don't want to merge him into my neutral Ike, so is there anybody who really appreciates Heavy Blade 3? GamePress suggests it on Michalis, but I'm not sure if it's worth it because I've already got Minerva and perfect Cherche, if I'll ever build her.

Otherwise I just keep him as Aether fodder.

I'm still waiting for my first Ike to give Cherche (+ATK, 4*+10) Heavy Blade. She already got Galeforce (for arena scoring) and with HB3 + QP seal she could proc GF immediately to kill a second unit on turn 1. Like @XRay and others mentioned, Heavy Blade is not the most efficient skill because it occupies the A-slot and prevents your unit from using LnD, Fury, Death Blow and the likes. But instant Galeforce is fun, best example is BH!Roy. 

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Recover+ and Rehabilitate+ (and Martyr+) do not have a special cooldown penalty.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I think the final build would be something like this:

Fear+/Slow+ [Dazzling Staff effect], Recover+, Miracle/Heavenly Light (depending on score)
Atk Spd 2, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry
Speed +3/Attack +3/Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal

I'd personally go for Fear+, Pain+, or Panic+. Or Gravity+.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd personally go for Fear+, Pain+, or Panic+. Or Gravity+.

Hm, maybe I should focus on annoyance and frustration rather than damage? Triple Gravity sounds fun, plus she comes with it. Gravity also capitalizes on the opponent's mistakes better than damage or debuffs since it significantly reduces the Players' mobility and tactical advantage over the AI.

5 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

I got a Karel +spd-res IV

Would you upgrade his weapon for additional 2atk or rather upgrade his speed. I am leaning towards more base attack but am not sure 

I would go with the Attack upgrade. The benefits from increasing Speed becomes less and less the higher you go, and you can always use buffs to boost it further.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I know she she has Fear+, but I wonder if Pain+ is more useful due to her low Attack.

I would be a bit careful of using Pain+ when using it around enemies with Vantage, but I think it should be fine.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hm, maybe I should focus on annoyance and frustration rather than damage? Triple Gravity sounds fun, plus she comes with it.

Speaking of Gravity, I’ve heard that Gravity+, combined with a partner with Reposition/Pivot works really well.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Speaking of Gravity, I’ve heard that Gravity+, combined with a partner with Reposition/Pivot works really well.

Sadly, Elise cannot Reposition herself. Healers do not have access to positioning Assists.