Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Desperation goes well with Annas Noatun and her high SPD stat. I also found draw back useful on her. In the current TT she beams near my mage (Arvis) and draws him out of danger. 

As her special I run Astra, but I guess Iceberg would be more fitting.   

Okay, would Draw Back, Iceberg, Fury, Desperation, and Def Ploy work? And what about Sharena?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Ok, I suddenly have like 6 characters to build, but let's get started with these swordies first (yeah, I am one of those who don't have a crap ton of them yet); this is both for Arena (I usually hover around tier 17-18) and I guess PvE content as well:

- Eirika: She would be part of a Tailtiu+PA!Azura+Eirika core and her role would be to keep Tailtiu buffed and to erase greens from existence as much as possible; as such I'm giving her Moonbow and Triangle Adept which should allow her to kill many a Hector (without Moonbow she can't do it, unless she gets buffed by Azura), both Tailtiu and Azura will have Drive Spd 2 so doubling shouldn't be a problem; now, how mandatory is Rally Def/Rally Res in her assist slot? Also is Swordbreaker really her best B option? Seems kinda boring...

- Ayra: ok, let me get wild: Growing/Blazing wind as her special, what do you think? I'm actually pretty baffled that with the introduction of SB, HB and now Ayra's "Swift Blade" no one is mentioning the AoE skills: their main drawback is their high cooldown, but the aforementioned skills take care of that and they are basically additional attacks that don't increase the enemy's special cooldown (at least I think) and now we even have Hardy Bearing to prevent such skills from activating Vantage and the likes; question is: do skills like Swift Sparrow influence the damage they do? Does Ayra really want a different seal than Hardy Bearing (Deflect Magic?)?  And what would be best: Growing or Blazing Wind? Maybe another AoE? Does she still want Desperation with them? Are they still that bad of an option? They seem like they would be cool in GHB/TT at the very least

- Sigurd: as a F2P would you merge the three I have + give him Summoner Support for a 47/35/35/40/23 statline (the best one I have is -Atk+Def) or would you keep two of them for Close Def + Spd Smoke SI purposes? I don't even know if he would be used in a cavalry team: he can't replace Brave Roy in any way and I don't really have other cavs I care enough to train...

Eirika: I would go with Reposition or whatever positioning Assist you like. 3/4/0/2 or 3/4/2/0 is good enough in my opinion for Player Phase nuking. With a little more investment from Sacred Coins, that buff could turn into 3/4/0/4 or 3/4/4/0.

Ayra: I prefer keeping her default Special. Without it, she does a lot less kills. The extra 10 kills from Blazing Wind when it activates does not make up for the loss of 29 kills that she can regularly get with Regnal Astra in my opinion. Unless otherwise stated, skills take into account the value of the unit's stat during combat, which includes all types of buffs. Area of Effect Specials happen outside of battle, so I do not think those take in battle buffs into account.

Ayra neutral
vanilla
Player Phase 139:1:28
Player Phase [Blazing Wind/Growing Wind] 110:1:57
Player Phase [Cooldown 0] 141:2:25
Player Phase [Blazing Wind, Cooldown 0] 150:1:17
Player Phase [Growing Wind, Cooldown 0] 142:1:25

Sigurd:
I would merge Sigurd eventually, but I would hold onto him for now unless you are running out of space or something. I think it is always a good idea to sleep on it and give yourself some extra time to ponder it. The only builds that I can think of who really want to use Close Def are Gem Weapon builds, mostly sword users like Olivia who may need it to check multi Bonfire-Vantage Hectors defense teams. I prefer Fury since it gives you more assurance that the Gem Weapon user will kill whatever they counter; unless you are really, really unlucky, you will rarely run into triple Hector defense teams. What are your other Sigurds' natures?

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

And what about Sharena?

I gave my Sharena Fury and Swordbreaker to check sword units in case my Reinhardt is busy elsewhere. I only use her as a bonus unit in Arena and she does not do much besides Repositioning and buffing teammates.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

i actually only use her for Grand Hero battles. I thought i might as well give Alfonse Anna and Sharena all skills. Saves me the hassle to learn skills and go on when makeing a vid/challening GHB with the Askr trio. If I use her in arena it really depends on the Team. i ran her once with Miracle Shield pulse and 3x Infantery pulse + Reciprocal Aid which makes her a bit annoying to deal with Naotun. Havent run any of the askr trios for a while now in Arena.

Ok, so she is more of an emergency option for you. That will also the fate of my Anna after she maxed HM. You sure played her enough to get a ton of SP though. 

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Okay, would Draw Back, Iceberg, Fury, Desperation, and Def Ploy work? And what about Sharena?

I forgot about Fury, yes that's very good on Anna. Def Ploy is situational, but she got enough RES to run that. 

@XRay is right about Sharena. She profits a lot from swordbreaker. On the other slots I gave her skills from spare fodder, since she suffers stiff competition from other great lance units. 

@Koumal8 If you want to use Sigurd a lot and/or want to boost your arena score, then merging would make sense. But since BH!Roy seems to be your primary sword Cav, I would wait a little if some future unit wants his skills. I would love a spare Sigurd to give Close Def to my Tana for example. 

56 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Any ideas for skills that will work for a +def -res Minerva? I'm planning to give her fury with ignis, but I cannot decide what other skills to give her.

Her default LaD is fine and also preferred. There are better choices for a bulky flier like her brother Michalis, Emerald Axe Camilla, Subaki, or Tana, among others. I would also suggest running Draconic Aura or Luna, preferably Luna, to go along with her Hauteclere, since the combat order would go Atk —> Counter —> Atk, letting her proc her special on the second hit.

Edited by MrSmokestack

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Her default LaD is fine and also preferred. There are better choices for a bulky flier like her brother Michalis, Emerald Axe Camilla, Subaki, or Tana, among others. I would also suggest running Draconic Aura or Luna, preferably Luna, to go along with her Hautclere, since the combat order would go Atk —> Counter —> Atk, letting her proc her special on the second hit.

Then, does Minerva have enough speed to run desperation as a b -skill?

20 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Then, does Minerva have enough speed to run desperation as a b -skill?

With LaD? Yes. 38 Spd is very respectable. If not, Drag Back / Hit and Run offers some positional utility instead.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

[SNIP]

I'll actually try Blazing Wind out on Ayra, I don't mind foddering Sorens/Merrics and they're not useful for much else to me right now; also, by the end of the TT, she should end up with a  too much SP for her own good anyway, so I can still go back to Regnal Astra; the heroes she ORKO with RA compared to BW are mainly bulky lancers + BK/Arden that she shouldn't be fighting anyway and with BW ready to fire only 6 units of the entire roster can survive her (Subaki, Gwendolyn, Clive, Arden, Black Knight and Lukas); forgot to mention she's +Atk-Res, for what it's worth; only issue is I don't know how much I'll use her for GHB, which is where it seems AoEs could really shine

My other Sigurds are -Atk+Def once again and +HP-Def which is a big no-no to me; the best candidate I have for Close Defence would be my 4*+9 +Atk-Spd Beruka which I'll eventually build with something like KillerAxe+/Ignis/QuickRiposte while waiting for an Amelia to sack for her (that's how much I care for her and armor teams lol); she seems she could make use of many A skills (Earth Boost, though unfortunately I have never pulled a Boey, Fire Boost, since I pulled a Luke pitybreaker recently, Steady Stance, the problem being that I'm waiting for a strong EP unit to grant me with their presence in order to give them SB+Aether from BK+Bike in one go, or Close Defence)

@mampfoid I'll probably wait until Christmas and see what units I get and what kind of fine stuff they'll give us for XMas + New Year; my Summoner Support is currently on my 4*+4 TRaven +Spd-Res Cecilia, but she probably won't need it anymore once she reaches +10 and as of now the only candidates for the SS are Sigurd and Beruka I'd say. My other big problem is that I have no idea yet on what kind of teams I'll use these units on; like, I know team building is key in any kind of at least semi-serious video game, but due to the nature of PvE content and the structure of AA (and Squad Assault too I guess, though I have yet to have a go at it) I find myself putting teams together on the fly to better deal with the current challenge; the only "real", stable teams I have are my Horse Emblem Team and a core of Ike+Julia+Valter which I sticked together only because I like the characters enough and I find they cover each other well enough for my tastes... but like, their C-Skills don't synergize with each other at all (Valter doesn't even have one yet). The aforementioned Eirika+PA!Azura+Tailtiu core is my first attempt at some real team building and it's once again a pretty standard core of buffer+dance+bladetome, in the same way it doesn't really require much team building skills to come up with a team comp of Roy/Xander+Cecilia+Reinhardt+BLyn

43 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

What are the best builds for a +spd/-def Sigurd and a +def/-res Taitilu?

+Def-Res Tailtiu is probably her best combination to run a Raven set, though how effective she is at running it debatable and she is probably overshadow hard by RobinM as a blue Raven; she can still run the standard LaD+Desperation Blade set pretty well; truth is, +Def doesn't open her up that many options, unless you're of those people who like stuff like CC+Owl tomes...

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, what is good -Blade build for an Ursula and Cecilia (+atk/-hp) on a pony team?

For Cecilia, I would use a +Spd if you have one or merge your current one into +Spd if you get one in the future.

Blade mages usually run [Blade, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow, Breaker/Desperation].

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What are some some good build for Berkut? I want to invest him regardless him being worse compared to other lance cavaliers.

First, you need to figure out what you want him to do.  He'll do a decent job walling swords, but don't expect him to double the likes of Nino.

Once you have a role for him, it'll be easier to answer this.

39 minutes ago, eclipse said:

First, you need to figure out what you want him to do.  He'll do a decent job walling swords, but don't expect him to double the likes of Nino.

Once you have a role for him, it'll be easier to answer this.

In that case, would a sapphire lance or a brave lance would work better for him?

32 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In that case, would a sapphire lance or a brave lance would work better for him?

If you want to tank reds for days, Sapphire Lance.  If you want to use him offensively, Brave Lance.  I'm going to keep his own lance on him, since my needs are a bit different.

Two questions regarding Clive and Minerva. For Clive, what is he supposed to do? Clive seems like in a rough spot where as an offensive lance cavalier and specifically a Brave Lance, Abel, Oscar, Peri, Roderick, or even Camus -- no way am I giving up Gradivus -- have similar base attack, but much higher speed and for high attack, but slow lance cavaliers, there's Berkut and whenever they're introduced, a lance cavalier with ~35 attack and ~25 speed. As a physical defense cavalier, Camus has 3 less HP and 1 less defense, but has 33 speed, 8 more speed, than Clive letting him avoid doubles and there's going to be an eventual bulky lance cavalier who has higher defense than Clive, so there's that too.

I feel like Clive's in a similar spot as Gunter and Stahl where other units just seem better at what they can do. It's not that bad -- he, like everyone else, isn't completely unusable -- and in Clive's case he was available as a 5* unit and his default kit synergizes well with Brave Lance (and Slaying/Killer Lance). Also, weird thing, but I kind of feel like Clive running Hone Cavalry or Goad if it was more common makes sense when other cavaliers are stronger offensively even if he was running Brave Lance. Only problem is Hone Cavalry is starting to overlap a lot -- reason why I hope a summonable cavalier with 4* access to Goad Cavalry would come soon -- and that's not a good thing. Off cavalry teams, he could have Hone Spd 2 to not overlap with someone, a dancer, running Hone Atk 3. With Fortify and Ward Cavalry, Clive wants defense too, so there's that, but there are cavaliers who are better tanks, physical or magical, like Eldigan, Frederick, Jagen, Mathilda, Sigurd, and Xander (regular and spring).

As for Minerva, how have people been using her? Minerva seems really flexible and her default kit is good, so it feel like she has a lot of options open to her and giving her skills is more of rounding out the things she doesn't have. Other than giving her Reposition and maybe Goad Fliers, although, I would have preferred it if I could give her Hone Fliers so she could have a field and aura buff instead of only aura buffs not that there's anything wrong with that, I can't think of anything she immediately needs. +Def, -Res Minerva with L&D3 still being physically tanky and without it being about as tanky as Michalis is pretty hilarious.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Two questions regarding Clive and Minerva. For Clive, what is he supposed to do? Clive seems like in a rough spot where as an offensive lance cavalier and specifically a Brave Lance, Abel, Oscar, Peri, Roderick, or even Camus -- no way am I giving up Gradivus -- have similar base attack, but much higher speed and for high attack, but slow lance cavaliers, there's Berkut and whenever they're introduced, a lance cavalier with ~35 attack and ~25 speed. As a physical defense cavalier, Camus has 3 less HP and 1 less defense, but has 33 speed, 8 more speed, than Clive letting him avoid doubles and there's going to be an eventual bulky lance cavalier who has higher defense than Clive, so there's that too.

I feel like Clive's in a similar spot as Gunter and Stahl where other units just seem better at what they can do. It's not that bad -- he, like everyone else, isn't completely unusable -- and in Clive's case he was available as a 5* unit and his default kit synergizes well with Brave Lance (and Slaying/Killer Lance). Also, weird thing, but I kind of feel like Clive running Hone Cavalry or Goad if it was more common makes sense when other cavaliers are stronger offensively even if he was running Brave Lance. Only problem is Hone Cavalry is starting to overlap a lot -- reason why I hope a summonable cavalier with 4* access to Goad Cavalry would come soon -- and that's not a good thing. Off cavalry teams, he could have Hone Spd 2 to not overlap with someone, a dancer, running Hone Atk 3. With Fortify and Ward Cavalry, Clive wants defense too, so there's that, but there are cavaliers who are better tanks, physical or magical, like Eldigan, Frederick, Jagen, Mathilda, Sigurd, and Xander (regular and spring).

As for Minerva, how have people been using her? Minerva seems really flexible and her default kit is good, so it feel like she has a lot of options open to her and giving her skills is more of rounding out the things she doesn't have. Other than giving her Reposition and maybe Goad Fliers, although, I would have preferred it if I could give her Hone Fliers so she could have a field and aura buff instead of only aura buffs not that there's anything wrong with that, I can't think of anything she immediately needs. +Def, -Res Minerva with L&D3 still being physically tanky and without it being about as tanky as Michalis is pretty hilarious.

For characters like Clive, I give them either [normal Gem Weapon, Moonbow, Fury, Breaker] or [normal Brave, Luna/Bonfire, Deathblow/Fury, Breaker] depending on which fodder I have more of. You could also give Clive a Panic Ploy set up, but his lack of merges is a problem in higher difficulties and Arena tiers.

My Minerva is [+Spd, -Res], so I run [Hauteclere, Draconic Aura, Life and Death, Axebreaker/Desperation]. If I summon another one with [+Atk, -Res] in the future, she would have the same build except with a Brave Axe and probably no Desperation.

What's a good boon/bane for Adult Tiki, and what's a good skill set for her? I've almost reached 20,000 feathers again thanks to the Tempest, and I'm thinking about promoting either Adult Tiki or Caeda, since I lack both a 5-star red breath user and a 5-star red flier. I have +Atk/-Res and +Def/-Res, both of which seem good I think; I haven't given Adult Tiki anything for SI yet though, so I'd at least like to work on that, whether I promote her or not.

On 10/29/2017 at 7:56 PM, DefaultBeep said:

What's a good boon/bane for Adult Tiki, and what's a good skill set for her? I've almost reached 20,000 feathers again thanks to the Tempest, and I'm thinking about promoting either Adult Tiki or Caeda, since I lack both a 5-star red breath user and a 5-star red flier. I have +Atk/-Res and +Def/-Res, both of which seem good I think; I haven't given Adult Tiki anything for SI yet though, so I'd at least like to work on that, whether I promote her or not.

+Atk/-Res works wonderfully for Adult Tiki.  Fury/Quick RIposte looks contradictory, but it makes it so that whoever initiates is going to regret it.  You can try Vantage cheese, but I doubt she'll survive one round of combat versus a blue mage.

Edited by eclipse

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

+Atk/-Res works wonderfully for Adult Tiki.  Fury/Quick RIposte looks contradictory, but it makes it so that whoever initiates is going to regret it.  You can try Vantage cheese, but I doubt she'll survive one round of combat versus a blue mage.

Alright, awesome! Glad I at least got lucky with my first Tiki, haha. I suppose I'll have to hope for some good luck on reds and blues soon, then; once I give Sheena QR3 and Arvis Fury 3, I'll be down to only one Hinata and one Subaki. Too many people need those skills, and I haven't been pulling on reds and blues enough lately, it seems.

On 10/29/2017 at 10:56 PM, DefaultBeep said:

If you need Tiki to counter just axes in Arena Assault, Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte/Axebreaker works really. I prefer [+Def, -Res] for that build since she takes no damage from most merge +10 axe units.

53 minutes ago, Byakuren Hijiri said:

Here's my very first promoted unit:
ypaSQ8m.png
According to Wiki he's + spd / - def which shall not be too great. He needs atk the most. 
So what to do with him regarding skills (besides of learning dime thunder)?

Mine runs [Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow, Lancebreaker, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse]. I sometimes switch out Reposition for Rally Def/Res and Lancebreaker for Wings of Mercy to try to increase my score.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you need Tiki to counter just axes in Arena Assault, Triangle Adept and Quick Riposte/Axebreaker works really. I prefer [+Def, -Res] for that build since she takes no damage from most merge +10 axe units.

Hm, alright. I have quite a few 4-star Inigos still, so I may go with that at least for now. My Roys are unfortunately even lower than my Hinatas are, which is to say that they are nonexistent. For her boon/bane, I ended up promoting Caeda instead, so I still have some time to decide on which Tiki to upgrade while I give her a few skills. Thanks!

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Mine runs [Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow, Lancebreaker, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse]. I sometimes switch out Reposition for Rally Def/Res and Lancebreaker for Wings of Mercy to try to increase my score.

Alright thanks, but why lancebreaker for being a range weapon user?

16 minutes ago, Byakuren Hijiri said:

Alright thanks, but why lancebreaker for being a range weapon user?

Lancebreaker gives Reinhardt the best matchup spread out of the other weaponbreakers, since without it he would have trouble ORKO’ing high-Res Lance users.