Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, xrokhanx said:

Desperation (if initial combat with HP < 75%, follow up attack occurs immediately after unit attack)

But when my Codilia attack twice (brave lance) with hp < 75%, no attack occurs. Only occurs if speed higher than foe 5.

Well, if you are already slower, a follow-up attack doesn’t happen (unless you are breaking or trigger Brash Assault). Desperation moves your follow-up attack (provided you actually can have one) before the enemy’s counterattack.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, if you are already slower, a follow-up attack doesn’t happen (unless you are breaking or trigger Brash Assault). Desperation moves your follow-up attack (provided you actually can have one) before the enemy’s counterattack.

Well, i have to faster than foe if i have Desperation, to activate it.

thank you, guys.

I have a -attack sheena. Which kind of sucks...so she'll basically only ever be on my armor team.

I still have a spare Narcian around and I'm sure I'll get more emerald axe fodder eventually, would emerald axe lance killer sheena be a decent build? I figure ensuring doubles (she has +HP, btw) on at least one weapon type and the emerald axe would help make up for the defecit. Or is her attack so low I'd be wasting it?

I remember hearing she's probably the best receipient of the Legion Axe, did that ever show fruit or was it just theory that went nowhere.

2 hours ago, r_n said:

I have a -attack sheena. Which kind of sucks...so she'll basically only ever be on my armor team.

I still have a spare Narcian around and I'm sure I'll get more emerald axe fodder eventually, would emerald axe lance killer sheena be a decent build? I figure ensuring doubles (she has +HP, btw) on at least one weapon type and the emerald axe would help make up for the defecit. Or is her attack so low I'd be wasting it?

I remember hearing she's probably the best receipient of the Legion Axe, did that ever show fruit or was it just theory that went nowhere.

Brave Axe, Luna, DB Lbreaker gives her 31 wins and 6 draws against blue units.

Emerald Axe, Moonbow, DB, Lbreaker gives her 30 wins and 7 draws against blue units.

Brave Axe is a bit better in my opinion. With +Atk, she gets 36 wins and 1 draw. You can always sacrifice her to a better copy later.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brave Axe, Luna, DB Lbreaker gives her 31 wins and 6 draws against blue units.

Emerald Axe, Moonbow, DB, Lbreaker gives her 30 wins and 7 draws against blue units.

Brave Axe is a bit better in my opinion. With +Atk, she gets 36 wins and 1 draw. You can always sacrifice her to a better copy later.

I DID just pull an extra 5* raven so this is definitely doable. Low on death blows, though.

Edited by r_n

@XRay What about a defensive set with her default Killer Axe along with

Spoiler

Distant Counter / Fortress Def 3 / Distant Def 3 / Triangle Adept 3 / X

Quick Riposte 3 / G Tomebreaker 3

Hone Armor

Swap

Ignis

Brave Axe is a player phase skill, which doesn't complement her stat spread very well at all.

Do you have any other reasons you suggested those sets? I'm curious and could be missing something here.

@r_n

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@XRay What about a defensive set with her default Killer Axe along with

Reveal hidden contents

Distant Counter / Fortress Def 3 / Distant Def 3 / Triangle Adept 3 / X

Quick Riposte 3 / G Tomebreaker 3

Hone Armor

Swap

Ignis

Brave Axe is a player phase skill, which doesn't complement her stat spread very well at all.

Do you have any other reasons you suggested those sets? I'm curious and could be missing something here.

@r_n

I prefer Player Phase builds and they are generally what I go for. r_n also wanted to use Lbreaker to focus on that corner of the triangle, so that is I what I went with. Abreaker gives Sheena a few more kills overall, but then she would be less effective at taking care of Lance users.

Normally, Sheena would be an Enemy Phase unit, but -Atk is not ideal for EP because Fury and TA cannot patch her low Attack as well as Death Blow can. DC helps extend her reach, but it does not improve her Attack stat.

With PP build, Sheena can get 51 wins overall. With an EP build, the best I can come up with is 40 wins using Killer Axe, Ignis, DC, and QR following your suggestions. Against just blues, Sheena can get 31 wins with a PP build, while she gets 20 wins with EP build.

However, Sheena should go with EP build if she has +Atk since that gives her more kills overall.

I would not invest in her unless I have to. I assume r_n needs her for the Armor quest, so a bad nature Sheena is better than no Sheena.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

With an EP build, the best I can come up with is 40 wins using Killer Axe, Ignis, DC, and QR following your suggestions. Against just blues, Sheena can get 31 wins with a PP build, while she gets 20 wins with EP build.

That didn't sound right, so I ran the set through the calculator. Just to double check:

Spoiler

Set 1 (+Def -Spd)

Spoiler

Killer Axe+

Distant Counter

Quick Riposte 3

Hone Armor

Swap

Ignis

Quick Pulse

Spread: 97-9-28

Even when accounting for the worst possible scenario--4* -Atk with no Quick Pulse, this set ends up with a spread of 45-18-71, which is somewhat close to your spread of 40 Wins, but not quite.

Also, I'm using the legacy calculator since I've heard of issues with the updated one--I'm sticking with what I know works until further notice.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that you also want to run Quick Pulse so that it stacks with Killer Axe for 2 CD Ignis. 1 CD Bonfire procs on the counter but it gives a worse matchup spread overall at 75-9-50. I neglected to include this in my original post so apologies for that.

However, I do have to make an objection to Emerald Axe not improving her Atk because it doesn't make sense; Emerald Axe has one more Mt than Killer and offers a multiplier boost to Triangle Advantage which results in more damage against blues overall than simple addition via Death Blow. In fact, one of the more common recommendations I see is to give Triangle Adept to units with low Atk, whether naturally or from a bane, so they can at least retain their effectiveness against the color they naturally beat. -Atk Nowi is a great example of this.

In @r_n's case, giving her Triangle Adept for an A skill would probably be just enough if he wants to use her just to complete Armor Quests, since her Atk is naturally too low to deal with 10th Stratum enemies and the best she can be used for is to buff your teammates and become a meatshield for blues.

Could you at least check again to make sure there weren't any mistakes with the set I posted? Thanks.

@MrSmokestack I am using +HP -Atk since that is the nature r_n has. I am trying to maximize what that nature can do.

Yes, QP helps a lot. Using +HP -Atk:
[K Axe, Ignis, DC, QR, QP] 81 wins overall, 33 wins against blues
[Emerald Axe, Ignis, DC, QR, QP] 65 wins overall, 29 wins against blues

PP build using +HP -Atk:
[B Axe, Ignis, DB, Lbreaker, QP] 53 wins overall, 33 wins against blues

Gem weapons do not boost enough damage over Braves and DB. With the right breaker:

• -Atk Sheena with B Axe and DB does a total of 192 damage. [4 X ((34+6)*1.2)]
  • -Atk Sheena with E Axe and DB does a total of 123.2 damage. [2 X ((38+6)*1.4)]
  • -Atk Sheena with E Axe and Fury does a total of 114.8 damage. [2 X (38+3)*1.4)] [EP with QR]

The 2 extra hits from B Axe is super helpful, but that does not matter since your other EP build is better.

— — — — — — —

Sheena should use the bolded EP build if @r_n does not need the QP seal on someone else.

i got a problem i dont have hero of the week for the next season ( no orbs), wich is better a 4 star legion or alfonse? i have to spend 22k feather in alfonse, he sucks is pretty useless... what do you think?

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

i got a problem i dont have hero of the week for the next season ( no orbs), wich is better a 4 star legion or alfonse? i have to spend 22k feather in alfonse, he sucks is pretty useless... what do you think?

They are two different colors. Unless we know what your team composition is, I cannot recommend one over the other.

Alfonse is perfectly usable at 4*. Are you giving him the right skill set? He needs Brave Sword, Death Blow, Swordbreaker, and Ignis. You can also use Luna, Moonbow, and Bonfire, but Ignis gives him the most kills against neutral vanilla characters.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

They are two different colors. Unless we know what your team composition is, I cannot recommend one over the other.

Alfonse is perfectly usable at 4*. Are you giving him the right skill set? He needs Brave Sword, Death Blow, Swordbreaker, and Ignis. You can also use Luna, Moonbow, and Bonfire, but Ignis gives him the most kills against neutral vanilla characters.

No matter abou team i have diferent units for combine them. Alfonse in 4 is usefull?, Better than Legión?, Legión has more bST i think. Legion with emerald axe culd be good. in 4 stars

Edited by ignis_z

Hi everybody,

i need some wise hints, because i don't know if to promote my Hana (+SPD-DEF, Brave+ & WoM3) or my Lilina (+ATK-SPD, Axe Breaker 3, Draconic Aura) to 5 Stars. They are not needed for my Arena team since i'm fine with Xander, Nino, Azura & Hector, but i'm missing a red nuke in general for the upcoming game modes like the second round of tempest trials.

For physical red damage i usually have Xander (Fury, Vantage, Ignis), but there is also Alm (+1 +ATK-DEF, Sword Breaker) and Masked Marth (without SI). Lilina is my primary red mage, since my 4* Tharja is -SPD and 4* Raigh and 4* Sophia are ... well Raigh and Sophia.

In terms of long term thinking, i was planning to make Lilina a Triangle Adept / Raventome mage, while Hana is almost complete (Desparation was better than WoM, but it came with the brave+ sword). With the next fitting banner i will try to pull Celica or a better Tharja.

I have also some other units in the pipeline to be promoted, therefore Hana or Lilina will be the last red unit for some time.

Thanks in advance!

On 7/2/2017 at 11:41 AM, XRay said:

@MrSmokestack I am using +HP -Atk since that is the nature r_n has. I am trying to maximize what that nature can do.

Yes, QP helps a lot. Using +HP -Atk:
[K Axe, Ignis, DC, QR, QP] 81 wins overall, 33 wins against blues
[Emerald Axe, Ignis, DC, QR, QP] 65 wins overall, 29 wins against blues

PP build using +HP -Atk:
[B Axe, Ignis, DB, Lbreaker, QP] 53 wins overall, 33 wins against blues

Gem weapons do not boost enough damage over Braves and DB. With the right breaker:

• -Atk Sheena with B Axe and DB does a total of 192 damage. [4 X ((34+6)*1.2)]
  • -Atk Sheena with E Axe and DB does a total of 123.2 damage. [2 X ((38+6)*1.4)]
  • -Atk Sheena with E Axe and Fury does a total of 114.8 damage. [2 X (38+3)*1.4)] [EP with QR]

The 2 extra hits from B Axe is super helpful, but that does not matter since your other EP build is better.

— — — — — — —

Sheena should use the bolded EP build if @r_n does not need the QP seal on someone else.

I dig this build a lot, though I'll probably not be able to bring it to its full potential. Thanks guys, though it will probably be a few SP weekends away from Sheena being able to build it.

10 hours ago, ignis_z said:

No matter abou team i have diferent units for combine them. Alfonse in 4 is usefull?, Better than Legión?, Legión has more bST i think. Legion with emerald axe culd be good. in 4 stars

BST does not matter. Legion and Alfonse have the same BST at 5*. Giving Legion an Emerald Axe makes him worse. You can test it out yourself with the calculator.

Legion does have a better stat spread than Alfonse, but that does not mean you should prioritize Legion over Alfonse if you have a lot of good green units already. Alfonse or one of the Askr Trio will always be a Bonus unit. Legion may be a Bonus unit for a few weeks, but he will most likely not be one again any time soon.

7 hours ago, ignis_z said:

My build for Legion 4 star for arena:

Emerald axe, fury 2, lancebreaker 2, hone atack 3, reprisal. i hope it work, BSt low but..

BST only matters at the very top level of the Arena. If you are not in Tier 20, ignore BST and do not worry about it. Filling up your unit's skill slots and upgrading them to the max is far more important.

Emerald Axe is terrible on Legion. Do not give him that. Reprisal is one of the worst Specials, so replace that. Lancebreaker is redundant on Legion due to his high attack; give him something that will actually improve his combat. Just do not waste SP on any of those skills; they are bad on him.

Legion's ideal build for Player Phase is:
Brave Axe+, Dragon Fang/Luna, Life and Death 3, Axebreaker 3/Desperation 3

C Passives depend on your team and personal preferences.
For Assists, you might want to give him Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap. You can also give him Reciprocal Aid if you are using Desperation.
If you do not have Dragon Fang or Luna, Draconic Aura is a nice substitute. If you do not have Life and Death, his Fury will suffice. If you do not have Axebreaker or Desperation, Vantage can also work.

And please use the calculator before you use skill inheritance. It will save you a lot of Feathers and trouble later.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:
Spoiler

Hi everybody,

i need some wise hints, because i don't know if to promote my Hana (+SPD-DEF, Brave+ & WoM3) or my Lilina (+ATK-SPD, Axe Breaker 3, Draconic Aura) to 5 Stars. They are not needed for my Arena team since i'm fine with Xander, Nino, Azura & Hector, but i'm missing a red nuke in general for the upcoming game modes like the second round of tempest trials.

For physical red damage i usually have Xander (Fury, Vantage, Ignis), but there is also Alm (+1 +ATK-DEF, Sword Breaker) and Masked Marth (without SI). Lilina is my primary red mage, since my 4* Tharja is -SPD and 4* Raigh and 4* Sophia are ... well Raigh and Sophia.

In terms of long term thinking, i was planning to make Lilina a Triangle Adept / Raventome mage, while Hana is almost complete (Desparation was better than WoM, but it came with the brave+ sword). With the next fitting banner i will try to pull Celica or a better Tharja.

I have also some other units in the pipeline to be promoted, therefore Hana or Lilina will be the last red unit for some time.

Thanks in advance!

Raven suits Sophia better than it does on Lilina. -Spd cripples Lilina offensively and defensively, and that +Atk is not really going to patch it. Lilina needs +Spd and Life and Death to abuse Blades. However, you can still train up Lilina, and when you get a better copy later, you can transfer her skills to the better copy.

Since you have Xander already, I would delay promoting your red units until you get a better red mage later. Xander will do fine for now.

Edited by XRay

Thank you very much for your reply, @XRay.

I guess Raven suits Sophia better for her higher DEF stat? I'm not going to promote her, since Sophia is even slower than my -SPD Lilina and has -10 ATK at 5* in comparison. Thus i will not promote Lilina, but what do you think of Hana (+SPD-HP, Brave+, LnD, WoM, New Moon)? With 5* and LnD3 she would gain +3 SPD and +3 ATK resulting in +22 wins. 

Xander is a fine unit and i use him a lot, but in TT i usually ignore the ally survival rate to get a higher speed rating (and to not waste XX minutes to have one perfect run in three tries). Also thinking of Squad assault, i need more good red units ... 

Btw, i noticed this thread was better suited for my request.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

BST does not matter. Legion and Alfonse have the same BST at 5*. Giving Legion an Emerald Axe makes him worse. You can test it out yourself with the calculator.

Legion does have a better stat spread than Alfonse, but that does not mean you should prioritize Legion over Alfonse if you have a lot of good green units already. Alfonse or one of the Askr Trio will always be a Bonus unit. Legion may be a Bonus unit for a few weeks, but he will most likely not be one again any time soon.

BST only matters at the very top level of the Arena. If you are not in Tier 20, ignore BST and do not worry about it. Filling up your unit's skill slots and upgrading them to the max is far more important.

Emerald Axe is terrible on Legion. Do not give him that. Reprisal is one of the worst Specials, so replace that. Lancebreaker is redundant on Legion due to his high attack; give him something that will actually improve his combat. Just do not waste SP on any of those skills; they are bad on him.

Legion's ideal build for Player Phase is:
Brave Axe+, Dragon Fang/Luna, Life and Death 3, Axebreaker 3/Desperation 3

C Passives depend on your team and personal preferences.
For Assists, you might want to give him Reposition, Draw Back, or Swap. You can also give him Reciprocal Aid if you are using Desperation.
If you do not have Dragon Fang or Luna, Draconic Aura is a nice substitute. If you do not have Life and Death, his Fury will suffice. If you do not have Axebreaker or Desperation, Vantage can also work.

And please use the calculator before you use skill inheritance. It will save you a lot of Feathers and trouble later.

Raven suits Sophia better than it does on Lilina. -Spd cripples Lilina offensively and defensively, and that +Atk is not really going to patch it. Lilina needs +Spd and Life and Death to abuse Blades. However, you can still train up Lilina, and when you get a better copy later, you can transfer her skills to the better copy.

Since you have Xander already, I would delay promoting your red units until you get a better red mage later. Xander will do fine for now.

Im in tier 20, going to 18 hahaha with a 4 star legion, with 4 star emerald will kill blues at last... and lances too, reprisal synergises with fury and its pasive skill ( Sp). I dont wanna use 20k feather in alfonse, in tier 20 with no merged units i cant stay, then legion will help me for 4k + points.

Edited by ignis_z

@mampfoid Glad to help. Yeah, TA on top of Sophia's Defense and Resistance helps her take hits from Colorless and Green units, while Quick Riposte mitigates Sophia's low Speed by making her counter attack twice. You do not need to promote her to use Raven effectively. Sophia cannot really do much else besides using Raven, since she is so slow. Lilina can use Rauðrraven as her secondary weapon if you have the SP for it, but [+Spd, Blade, L&D] allows Lilina to reach her potential so that should be her primary set. Ideally, Hana's nature should be [+Atk, -Res], but [+Spd, -HP] is not bad either. Using [+Atk, -Res] allows her to get a few more wins and few less losses. If you do not want to wait for a better Hana to show up, promoting [+Spd, -HP] is not a bad idea if you need to use her immediately.

Xander and Olivia are the only red units I use on a frequent basis. As for TT, Lucina and Alm are the best healers, in my opinion, since they can also do combat. Lucina should have no trouble taking out Veronica, although Alm might need some help.

@ignis_z Players in Tier 20 cannot go into Tier 18 immediately. They can only drop 1 tier per week.

If you are not going to promote Alfonse to 5*, then promote Legion to 5* if he is your best green unit. Once Legion reaches 5*, Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker will become useless, and it will be a huge waste of precious SP. There is no point in giving Legion skills that are not suitable for him. Legion will do far better even with a normal Brave Axe and Axebreaker 3.

Synergy does not matter if Reprisal is terrible. Reprisal is bad because it's damage is too low and it is based on Legion's health. Vengeance is the skill you need if you want to play around with that mechanic. Not many people use Vengeance either because it is difficult to use effectively and it's damage fluctuates too much. Unless you really know what you are doing, avoid using those skills. Using Reprisal does not save you SP because you will need to replace it sooner or later to increase Legion's damage output.

I suggest holding off on training Legion until Double SP Weekend comes so that Legion will have more SP to learn the skills he needs. And if you have not already done so, train two of your dancers to at least 4* Level 40. If you do not have any, you can get two Olivias from the Special Maps; I think it starts on July 6, 7:00am UTC and her maps last for a day. You can check the wiki here for more information. Using two dancers speeds up training a lot and it makes the Tempest Trials easier.

Staying in Tier 20 comfortably requires a full team of 5* units, maxed out all skills, and some merging. You can get by with 4* units if they are heavily merged. If you are not close to be in the top 30% to stay, focus on building a good team of 5* units first.

@XRay Thanks again, your input is very welcome. Since i don't have a Raventome yet, i will not promote any of the mages this week. I don't have any Lucina and its too expensive to give the necessary skills to my 5* Masked Marth (or to Olivia (4* +SPD-DEF)) if i already have Alm (+1 +ATK-DEF, Sword Breaker, Reciprocal Aid) ready. I will try TT & SA without any promotion of red units, but if the need grows too much, Hana will be promoted first. 

Lets hope for a good banner with some good red mages soon. 

Edit: Your Cordelia is just wow :-) 

Edited by mampfoid

6 hours ago, XRay said:

@mampfoid Glad to help. Yeah, TA on top of Sophia's Defense and Resistance helps her take hits from Colorless and Green units, while Quick Riposte mitigates Sophia's low Speed by making her counter attack twice. You do not need to promote her to use Raven effectively. Sophia cannot really do much else besides using Raven, since she is so slow. Lilina can use Rauðrraven as her secondary weapon if you have the SP for it, but [+Spd, Blade, L&D] allows Lilina to reach her potential so that should be her primary set. Ideally, Hana's nature should be [+Atk, -Res], but [+Spd, -HP] is not bad either. Using [+Atk, -Res] allows her to get a few more wins and few less losses. If you do not want to wait for a better Hana to show up, promoting [+Spd, -HP] is not a bad idea if you need to use her immediately.

Xander and Olivia are the only red units I use on a frequent basis. As for TT, Lucina and Alm are the best healers, in my opinion, since they can also do combat. Lucina should have no trouble taking out Veronica, although Alm might need some help.

@ignis_z Players in Tier 20 cannot go into Tier 18 immediately. They can only drop 1 tier per week.

If you are not going to promote Alfonse to 5*, then promote Legion to 5* if he is your best green unit. Once Legion reaches 5*, Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker will become useless, and it will be a huge waste of precious SP. There is no point in giving Legion skills that are not suitable for him. Legion will do far better even with a normal Brave Axe and Axebreaker 3.

Synergy does not matter if Reprisal is terrible. Reprisal is bad because it's damage is too low and it is based on Legion's health. Vengeance is the skill you need if you want to play around with that mechanic. Not many people use Vengeance either because it is difficult to use effectively and it's damage fluctuates too much. Unless you really know what you are doing, avoid using those skills. Using Reprisal does not save you SP because you will need to replace it sooner or later to increase Legion's damage output.

I suggest holding off on training Legion until Double SP Weekend comes so that Legion will have more SP to learn the skills he needs. And if you have not already done so, train two of your dancers to at least 4* Level 40. If you do not have any, you can get two Olivias from the Special Maps; I think it starts on July 6, 7:00am UTC and her maps last for a day. You can check the wiki here for more information. Using two dancers speeds up training a lot and it makes the Tempest Trials easier.

Staying in Tier 20 comfortably requires a full team of 5* units, maxed out all skills, and some merging. You can get by with 4* units if they are heavily merged. If you are not close to be in the top 30% to stay, focus on building a good team of 5* units first.

Oki thanks finally i merged Alfonse, also i dont win enough points for stay y think It needs 4900 + and it is imposible for me. But no problem, i only wanted to reach tier 20 at last 1 time heje.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Oki thanks finally i merged Alfonse, also i dont win enough points for stay u think It needs 4900 + and it is imposible for me (no merged). But no problem, i only wanted to reach tier 20 at last 1 time heje.

Edited by ignis_z

Just now, ignis_z said:

Oki thanks finally i merged Alfonse, also i dont win enough points for stay y think It needs 4900 + and it is imposible for me. But no problem, i only wanted to reach tier 20 at last 1 time heje.

Flipping back and forth between Tier 20 and Tier 19 is still pretty good. That is an average of 2,500 feathers per week.

Once Tier 20 has more players, it will be easier to stay.