Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

25 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

So why does Effie not count? Am I missing something here?

And you pretty much nailed why I want to use Amelia in the first place lol

Effie counts. I never said she does not count.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

Then why did you say

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If you really want to use Amelia, she needs an armor partner to make her viable, so that means you have to replace either Gray or Nino. I would replace Gray, since ranged units are superior to melee units in my opinion.

If one additional armor is needed, then wouldn't Effie do the job? Or is there more to your reply that I'm not understanding?

Edited by Reloaded

21 minutes ago, XRay said:

What he's saying is:

You're telling him to replace Gray for an armor unit, when his listed team lineup already has 2 armors in Effie & Amelia.

^ Ninja'd

@Reloaded Mixing in a pair of armors for infantry level move on armor BST is fairly interesting, but my biggest issue is that even Infantry move isn't too great because armor has no 2 range options. Horses are dominant in part because of their good matchup spread---which the high tier armors can easily replicate---but also because even melee horses have the same reach as normal ranged options. Reinhardt is absurd because he's horse & tome & has amazing matchups, lose one and he'd be merely an 'average' unit rather than 'literally best unit in the game.'

That said, below average (melee infantry level) move is probably fine for armors, since most of their BST inflation goes into bulk, which also means they're decent at counter-killing, so they can get more done, and be exposed to more threats, on enemy phase. A DB 3 or L&D (depending on whether or not you care about enemy phase, it's 1 atk on PP versus 5 atk on EP, because speed and bulk doesn't matter much) Brave User with Wary can stay in enemy reach and be perfectly fine, but any other brave user to try that would probably just explode.

This is just theorycraft at the moment, though---mobility is very hard to value properly without just going in and testing it out. Even I didn't personally value Reinhardt that highly until I started valuing mobility more, because it's his mobility that puts him above people like Cordelia & Nino (in my eyes), not his standout spread. [Mind, his spread is total bullshit---the amount of sets he can run is ridiculous, but it wouldn't be nearly as amazing if he wasn't on a horse.]

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, Reloaded said:

Then why did you say

If one armor is needed, then wouldn't Effie do the job? Or is there more to your reply that I'm not understanding?

Effie is an armor unit, so she would fall under the armor partner category. Since those two are set, you only have Gray or Nino to replace. I recommend changing Gray for a Dancer.

26 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

What he's saying is:

You're telling him to replace Gray for an armor unit, when his listed team lineup already has 2 armors in Effie & Amelia.

^ Ninja'd

@Reloaded Mixing in a pair of armors for infantry level move on armor BST is fairly interesting, but my biggest issue is that even Infantry move isn't too great because armor has no 2 range options. Horses are dominant in part because of their good matchup spread---which the high tier armors can easily replicate---but also because even melee horses have the same reach as normal ranged options. Reinhardt is absurd because he's horse & tome & has amazing matchups, lose one and he'd be merely an 'average' unit rather than 'literally best unit in the game.'

That said, below average (melee infantry level) move is probably fine for armors, since most of their BST inflation goes into bulk, which also means they're decent at counter-killing, so they can get more done, and be exposed to more threats, on enemy phase. A DB 3 or L&D (depending on whether or not you care about enemy phase, it's 1 atk on PP versus 5 atk on EP, because speed and bulk doesn't matter much) Brave User with Wary can stay in enemy reach and be perfectly fine, but any other brave user to try that would probably just explode.

This is just theorycraft at the moment, though---mobility is very hard to value properly without just going in and testing it out. Even I didn't personally value Reinhardt that highly until I started valuing mobility more, because it's his mobility that puts him above people like Cordelia & Nino (in my eyes), not his standout spread. [Mind, his spread is total bullshit---the amount of sets he can run is ridiculous, but it wouldn't be nearly as amazing if he wasn't on a horse.]

The movement/range issue doesn't really bother me, probably because I always make sure my units can tank a hit before putting them out as bait on Turn 1 (something I do in most battles). The extra move is there in case the AI uses movement shenanigans, or if an enemy is in 2 spaces reach of an attack. Sure, the extra reach would undoubtedly help, but, being armors, there's usually a way to position them so that they don't die and can counterattack the next turn (like you said). The only real hindrance is that the armors must stay next to each other (especially when the AI gets unpredictable). Then again, I haven't experimented much, so maybe this gimmick doesn't usually work out that well, or I might (probably) not be using the best strategy with them.

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

Effie is an armor unit, so she would fall under the armor partner category. Since those two are set, you only have Gray or Nino to replace. I recommend changing Gray for a Dancer.

Okay, that's what I was confused about. Thanks for clearing it up.

2 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

The movement/range issue doesn't really bother me, probably because I always make sure my units can tank a hit before putting them out as bait on Turn 1 (something I do in most battles). The extra move is there in case the AI uses movement shenanigans, or if an enemy is in 2 spaces reach of an attack. Sure, the extra reach would undoubtedly help, but, being armors, there's usually a way to position them so that they don't die and can counterattack the next turn (like you said). The only real hindrance is that the armors must stay next to each other (especially when the AI gets unpredictable). Then again, I haven't experimented much, so maybe this gimmick doesn't usually work out that well, or I might (probably) not be using the best strategy with them.

In that respect, Tana's Guidance is pretty great. Her kit is built for going in first and letting the armors follow up, but it's also a C-slot Wings of Mercy if AI does funky stuff. If you move Tana 2 squares below an armor, that armor can then go to the square below Tana and reposition/draw back Tana, and, if the enemy was above the armor before it moved, they'd only be able hit Tana if they had range or cavalry status.

'Combined arms' builds like that still need a few more pieces to justify it, though. Guidance being flier locked hurts like hell.

6 hours ago, Reloaded said:

What's a good B skill for Amelia in general? Does Desperation work, or should that be only for Brave builds?

I have a -SPD +DEF Amelia, so my build would be...

Weapon: Slaying Axe+
Assist: Swap / Reposition / Pivot
Special: Ignis / Bonfire
A Slot: Water Boost 3 / Fortress Res 3 / Earth Boost 3 / Distant Counter
B Slot: Quick Riposte 2 / Vantage 3 / Axebreaker 3 / Lancebreaker 3 / G Tomebreaker 3 / B Tomebreaker 3 / Wings of Mercy 3
C Slot: Armor March 3 / Threaten Def 3 / Threaten Atk 3

I prefer keeping the Slayer Axe+ because the weapon is very close to Hauteclere in terms of power, with only 2 less MT!

Assists are up to you. I prefer Pivot when playing solo Armored.

Specials are a no-brainer. Ignis is the best option since it allows Amelia to make her worst enemies kneel with around close to 30 damage in 3 hits, and even more with Earth Boost 3. Bonfire is also a good option if you prefer a faster, 2 hit proc.

Her +DEF allows Amelia to discard the Earth Boost 3 as a preferable option, or turn her into an super tank with 44 DEF. I look towards Fortress Res 3 (Innes) or Water Boost 3 (Berkut) because it can fill the gap in her defenses, RES, and turn her into an omni-tank. Otherwise, you can turn Amelia into a better Hector by giving her the Distant Counter.

Her -SPD limits her speedy B skill options. I recommend Quick Riposte in this case to double much more reliably, and your special should would be ready in no time. Vantage can be an option if you want an edge in battle. Axebreaker 3 / Lancebreaker 3 are your other options. Lancebreaker should enable you to down any persistent blue units, which can be plenty. G/B Tomebreaker 3 is used only with Distant counter, and will allow you to prevail against many mage matchups. You can also give her a Wings of Mercy for AI shenanigans, although it's best used with a +SPD Amelia.

Never change the C slot unless Amelia is a solo Armored unit in your team. Otherwise, Threaten Def / Atk 3 will make the enemies squishier either offensively or defensively.

Edited by Lyrai

1 hour ago, Lyrai said:

B Slot: Quick Riposte 2 / Vantage 3 / Axebreaker 3 / Lancebreaker 3 / G Tomebreaker 3 / B Tomebreaker 3 / Wings of Mercy 3

I prefer keeping the Slayer Axe+ because the weapon is very close to Hauteclere in terms of power, with only 2 less MT!

Specials are a no-brainer. Ignis is the best option since it allows Amelia to make her worst enemies kneel with around close to 30 damage in 3 hits, and even more with Earth Boost 3. Bonfire is also a good option if you prefer a faster, 2 hit proc.

Her +DEF allows Amelia to discard the Earth Boost 3 as a preferable option, or turn her into an super tank with 44 DEF. I look towards Fortress Res 3 (Innes) or Water Boost 3 (Berkut) because it can fill the gap in her defenses, RES, and turn her into an omni-tank. Otherwise, you can turn Amelia into a better Hector by giving her the Distant Counter.

Her -SPD limits her speedy B skill options. I recommend Quick Riposte in this case to double much more reliably, and your special should would be ready in no time. Vantage can be an option if you want an edge in battle. Axebreaker 3 / Lancebreaker 3 are your other options. Lancebreaker should enable you to down any persistent blue units, which can be plenty. G/B Tomebreaker 3 is used only with Distant counter, and will allow you to prevail against many mage matchups. You can also give her a Wings of Mercy for AI shenanigans, although it's best used with a +SPD Amelia.

Never change the C slot unless Amelia is a solo Armored unit in your team. Otherwise, Threaten Def / Atk 3 will make the enemies squishier either offensively or defensively.

I do not recommend mixing and matching Player Phase and Enemy Phase skills. Using a Breaker on an Enemy Phase build severely limits her counterattack ability. They should almost always use Quick Riposte. Increasing her Resistance is pointless since she can tank Blue wages pretty well with her bulkiness, and Fortress Res further reduces her counterattack effectiveness. Boosts are also unreliable since they depend on the unit's HP. In general, fixing a unit's weakness with a skill is a bad idea since that unit works in a team and teammates can cover each other's weaknesses.

I do not recommend using Ignis without Quickened Pulse since Enemy Phase units can make the most contribution in their first round of combat with full HP.

Threatens have a problem of not working too well on Enemy Phase units since they only activate at the beginning of your turn. If Amelia moves in range of an enemy, the enemy on Enemy Phase will attack Amelia without Threaten taking effect. If the enemy is not dead yet when it is Player Phase again, the enemy will be at such low health that Threaten does not matter much anymore.

Edited by XRay

20 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

In that respect, Tana's Guidance is pretty great. Her kit is built for going in first and letting the armors follow up, but it's also a C-slot Wings of Mercy if AI does funky stuff. If you move Tana 2 squares below an armor, that armor can then go to the square below Tana and reposition/draw back Tana, and, if the enemy was above the armor before it moved, they'd only be able hit Tana if they had range or cavalry status.

'Combined arms' builds like that still need a few more pieces to justify it, though. Guidance being flier locked hurts like hell.

Guidance + Swap on armor sounds like a fun way to keep two armor units together for the movement boost (one teleports to the front and attacks, the other teleports to the bottom and swaps with Tana (this might also protect Tana from ranged cavalry too?)), but this sounds extremely gimmicky and situational on a practical level, requiring each unit to perform a rather specific role that doesn't sound very useful. I'd like to try it anyways, but I doubt I'll get Tana at this point. Forget flier locked, Tana is the only one who even comes with it, and she will probably remain 5* locked after the banner is over.

20 hours ago, Lyrai said:

Interesting, problem is mine is -HP (so Boosts aren't as good) and I don't have a lot of the other skills you listed. GGs. (might just slap whatever I can make use of like G Tomebreaker or something)

Edited by Reloaded

Just want to be sure and I know, I'm late to the party, but Vantage offers the most to Camus as an in general B-skill since the -breakers don't really at much results to him, right? The only exception would be singleplayer maps like the Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges where going with my usual worst case scenario of them being like +10 merged enemies, having a -breaker would be more helpful. Yay, cookie cutter Fury 3, Vantage 3 Camus build! :p

And for those wondering, Camus just got Reposition. Finally made use of one of those Barsts.

Well, now to figure out what Berkut kind of wants. That 2663 SP is taunting me: "Oh, summoner, you have 296/300 units? I can help with that." I already gave him Swap if anyone's wondering and I kind of want to make him into a general, kind of mage tank for niche situations. Berkut's boosted stats as a bonus unit is spoiling me. Camus is better for general use, Abel and if I had them, Roderick and Peri would be better for offensive use, Jagen, Peri, Sully, and if I had her, Mathilda would be better mage tanks because of their higher resistance and in Mathilda, Peri, and Sully's case, high speed, and Clive exists. ~32 Atk, ~37 Def lance cavalier when?

Camus is so getting promoted on Friday and his best friend will be summer F!Robin. I need to get rid of units!

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Just want to be sure and I know, I'm late to the party, but Vantage offers the most to Camus as an in general B-skill since the -breakers don't really at much results to him, right? The only exception would be singleplayer maps like the Tempest Trials and Chain Challenges where going with my usual worst case scenario of them being like +10 merged enemies, having a -breaker would be more helpful. Yay, cookie cutter Fury 3, Vantage 3 Camus build! :p

And for those wondering, Camus just got Reposition. Finally made use of one of those Barsts.

Well, now to figure out what Berkut kind of wants. That 2663 SP is taunting me: "Oh, summoner, you have 296/300 units? I can help with that." I already gave him Swap if anyone's wondering and I kind of want to make him into a general, kind of mage tank for niche situations. Berkut's boosted stats as a bonus unit is spoiling me. Camus is better for general use, Abel and if I had them, Roderick and Peri would be better for offensive use, Jagen, Peri, Sully, and if I had her, Mathilda would be better mage tanks because of their higher resistance and in Mathilda, Peri, and Sully's case, high speed, and Clive exists. ~32 Atk, ~37 Def lance cavalier when?

Camus is so getting promoted on Friday and his best friend will be summer F!Robin. I need to get rid of units!

I personally prefer Quick Riposte over Vantage for the higher kill count.

Berkut is lackluster. I would give Berkut Lancebreaker and Moonbow so he can go kill himself when his Grand Hero Battle comes around again. I would not really use him if you have other cavalry around.

I finally pulled a Celica (+ATK -DEF), she is my first decent red mage and will have a very universal role in some teams. Perhaps even in arena with Hector as an substitute for Xander and Nino. She will keep her tome I think, because for a blade tome I'd prefer a faster mage (Tharja i.e., but my copy is -speed). 

I'm not sure what skills to give her, distant defence seems a cool skill, but it doesn't help her kill things. Fury/Desperation don't go well with her tome. I've never encountered Swift Sparrow so far, which would be perfect for so many of my units, as well for Celica. 

My current favorites would be life and death (2 ...), Renewal, Draw back (alternatively Reciprocal Aid) and Moonbow. 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I finally pulled a Celica (+ATK -DEF), she is my first decent red mage and will have a very universal role in some teams. Perhaps even in arena with Hector as an substitute for Xander and Nino. She will keep her tome I think, because for a blade tome I'd prefer a faster mage (Tharja i.e., but my copy is -speed). 

I'm not sure what skills to give her, distant defence seems a cool skill, but it doesn't help her kill things. Fury/Desperation don't go well with her tome. I've never encountered Swift Sparrow so far, which would be perfect for so many of my units, as well for Celica. 

My current favorites would be life and death (2 ...), Renewal, Draw back (alternatively Reciprocal Aid) and Moonbow. 

Mine is the same nature, which I think is the best nature to utilize her tome the last time I checked.

This is my build. With stat inflation in the Tempest Trials, I switched Swordbreaker for Renewal since she is going to double pretty much everyone. And with Alm and Azura as supports, she can almost solo the mode. I brought along BB!Cordelia as a babysitter to handle things Celica cannot handle.

Celica +Atk -Res
Ragnarok, Reposition, Moonbow
Life and Death, Renewal/Swordbreaker/Desperation, Savage Blow

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Mine is the same nature, which I think is the best nature to utilize her tome the last time I checked.

This is my build. With stat inflation in the Tempest Trials, I switched Swordbreaker for Renewal since she is going to double pretty much everyone. And with Alm and Azura as supports, she can almost solo the mode. I brought along BB!Cordelia as a babysitter to handle things Celica cannot handle.

Celica +Atk -Res
Ragnarok, Reposition, Moonbow
Life and Death, Renewal/Swordbreaker/Desperation, Savage Blow

Cool, that helps, thanks. Since I had a spare 4* Sully, I gave her anyway Draw Back together with Sword Breaker 2. Perhaps I will switch to reposition later. 

Palla and Frederick gave Luna, Moonbow and Wings of Mercy 2 (I don't like to waste WoM fodder, it's too handy in many difficult maps, i.e. infernal GHB etc.).  

Now I have to wait for feathers to promote a Hana ;-) 

Btw: Until now healer-Alm (+ATK +1) was my only TT3 bonus unit (I don't use Berkut & Clive) and my MVP. Perhaps Celica will join him soon, i'm already leveling her up in the lower level TT chains. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo ('s)

A skill question!!

Since the game thought that it was a good idea to give me lot of Virions intead of Innes, are there any character that can use his Seal Spd kill?? Or I better send him home?

4 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Is a Cecilia + atack - speed usefull im afraid for -speed is for Play tadept raven thanks.

[+Atk, -Spd] is fine for now, but I would not promote her to 5*. You will ideally want one with -Res to promote to 5*.

4 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

A skill question!!

Since the game thought that it was a good idea to give me lot of Virions intead of Innes, are there any character that can use his Seal Spd kill?? Or I better send him home?

Give some people Astra too. If you happen to have an excess of Lyns or Cordelias 5* in the future, you can pass along Galeforce.

I do not know any practical builds that uses Seal Speed, but if you want to make a Triangle Attack White Wings team, two of the lance sisters will need Firesweep L and one of them will need Seal Speed while the other needs Seal Defense. Palla will deal the killing blow with Brave Sword. Once they release Firesweep S, it does not matter who can deal the killing blow.

The team will look something like this:

Minerva/Michalis/Caeda/Florina/Hinoka +Res
Killer/Slayer, Miracle, Reposition
Fortress Res, Hone Fliers
Atk Ploy 1/Spur Def 1

Est +Atk/Spd
Firesweep L, Moonbow
Life and Death, Seal Def/Seal Spd/Poison Strike, Goad Flier
Quickened Pulse/Attack +1/Speed+1

Catria +Atk/Spd
Firesweep L, Moonbow

Palla +Atk
Brave Sword, Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow/Luna/Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang
Life and Death, Windsweep/Seal Atk/Desperation/Breaker, Goad Flier
Quickened Pulse/Attack +1/Speed+1/Phantom Speed/Hardy Bearing

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, XRay said:

[+Atk, -Spd] is fine for now, but I would not promote her to 5*. You will ideally want one with -Res to promote to 5*.

Give some people Astra too. If you happen to have an excess of Lyns or Cordelias 5* in the future, you can pass along Galeforce.

I need a horse green mage for my horse emblem ( second team for chain maps) and i only have 3 star ceci + atack - speed. . for horse emblem wich is better Gronblade or raven?. Eldigan (Xander) Erinhardt Camus and Ceci.

12 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

I need a horse green mage for my horse emblem ( second team for chain maps) and i only have 3 star ceci + atack - speed. . for horse emblem wich is better Gronblade or raven?. Eldigan (Xander) Erinhardt Camus and Ceci.

Gronblade is better for horse emblem, although it might be questionable wether it's worth the investment. Xander, Eldigan and Camus might not be a great fit for clearing chain maps, since their damage tends to build up somewhat fast (it could work if you bring a healer). It depends a bit on how much your first team can generally clear I guess.

I personaly run a neutral Cecilia with a -Raven tome, and she's doing quite well for me (I lack horse buffs, unfortunatly...).

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Since she is +Atk, go with Gronnraven. If you get one that is +Spd, go with Gronnblade.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not know any practical builds that uses Seal Speed, but if you want to make a Triangle Attack White Wings team, two of the lance sisters will need Firesweep L and one of them will need Seal Speed while the other needs Seal Defense. Palla will deal the killing blow with Brave Sword. Once they release Firesweep S, it does not matter who can deal the killing blow.

The team will look something like this:

Minerva/Michalis/Caeda/Florina/Hinoka +Res
Killer/Slayer, Miracle, Reposition
Fortress Res, Hone Fliers
Atk Ploy 1/Spur Def 1

Est +Atk/Spd
Firesweep L, Moonbow

Catria +Atk/Spd
Firesweep L, Moonbow

Palla +Atk
Brave Sword, Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow/Luna/Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang
Life and Death, Windsweep/Seal Atk/Desperation/Breaker, Goad Flier
Quickened Pulse/Attack +1/Speed+1/Phantom Speed/Hardy Bearing

I don't have a lot of these stuffs (specially the Quickened pulse seal), but thanks!

I would see what can I do, maybe I can see who can use Astra

Edited by SniperGYS

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

What's the best set for Roderick? The Roderick in question has a neutral nature.

This gives him the most kills:

Brave Lance, Luna
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 126:11:26

Edited by XRay

On 8/17/2017 at 2:16 AM, XRay said:

I personally prefer Quick Riposte over Vantage for the higher kill count.

Berkut is lackluster. I would give Berkut Lancebreaker and Moonbow so he can go kill himself when his Grand Hero Battle comes around again. I would not really use him if you have other cavalry around.

Yeah, I know. QR in general would be better on any character. The only problem, though, is that in modes like TT, if you don't have a healer, then QR would only last for two rounds at best. Camus with QR3 needs to stay above at or above 30 HP. He has 42 HP and with Fury 3, two rounds of combat already puts him at 30 HP if he somehow makes it there without taking any damage which is entirely possible with defense buffs and being on a defense tile. I'd rather go the route of giving him a -breaker or making use of my many Lon'qu or a spare 4* Reinhardt to dump Vantage on him and have him be more of a player phase unit.

As for Berkut, he would have been better off if his attack and even speed were lower for having actual defense and resistance. 31 defense isn't that great when you're slower than tanks like Eldigan, Frederick, Oboro, Xander, etc., and you get doubled by more units than Clive, Seliph, Stahl, and those other +34 defense tanks. At this point, you might as well get doubled by everything, but have ridiculous defense and resistance to make up for it. Anyway, something like 43 HP, 31 Atk, 19 Spd, 34 Def, and 28 Res might have been better for him. He'd get doubled by everything and Reinhardt would destroy him like he does to everyone, but at least his defense and resistance would be something. Alternatively, they could have dumped his speed for more attack. 37 attack and 19 speed would be fine for him when you can just slap Brave Lance+, Death Blow 3, and Lancebreaker 3 on him and call it a day. Whatever. Dude has all this SP from the trials and it's tempting to just dump stuff on him, kind of make him better, get rid of some units, and forget about it except when he's needed for F2P and I'd have to remove some skills because they would effect stuff or whatever.

Man, if Berkut had 37 base attack and 19 base speed or if he were summonable, a +Atk, -Spd Berkut with BL+, DB3, and LB3 would have 128 wins, 18 losses, and 17 draws. If everyone had Fury 3, he'd clock at 119 wins, 23 losses, and 21 draws. One Hone Cavalry would put him at 137 wins, 15 losses, and 11 draws and everyone having Fury 3 only sets him back at 134 wins, 21 losses, and 8 draws. He'd basically be a blue +Atk Frederick which is pretty much better considering there are a lot of reds.

22 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I know. QR in general would be better on any character. The only problem, though, is that in modes like TT, if you don't have a healer, then QR would only last for two rounds at best. Camus with QR3 needs to stay above at or above 30 HP. He has 42 HP and with Fury 3, two rounds of combat already puts him at 30 HP if he somehow makes it there without taking any damage which is entirely possible with defense buffs and being on a defense tile. I'd rather go the route of giving him a -breaker or making use of my many Lon'qu or a spare 4* Reinhardt to dump Vantage on him and have him be more of a player phase unit.

As for Berkut, he would have been better off if his attack and even speed were lower for having actual defense and resistance. 31 defense isn't that great when you're slower than tanks like Eldigan, Frederick, Oboro, Xander, etc., and you get doubled by more units than Clive, Seliph, Stahl, and those other +34 defense tanks. At this point, you might as well get doubled by everything, but have ridiculous defense and resistance to make up for it. Anyway, something like 43 HP, 31 Atk, 19 Spd, 34 Def, and 28 Res might have been better for him. He'd get doubled by everything and Reinhardt would destroy him like he does to everyone, but at least his defense and resistance would be something. Alternatively, they could have dumped his speed for more attack. 37 attack and 19 speed would be fine for him when you can just slap Brave Lance+, Death Blow 3, and Lancebreaker 3 on him and call it a day. Whatever. Dude has all this SP from the trials and it's tempting to just dump stuff on him, kind of make him better, get rid of some units, and forget about it except when he's needed for F2P and I'd have to remove some skills because they would effect stuff or whatever.

Man, if Berkut had 37 base attack and 19 base speed or if he were summonable, a +Atk, -Spd Berkut with BL+, DB3, and LB3 would have 128 wins, 18 losses, and 17 draws. If everyone had Fury 3, he'd clock at 119 wins, 23 losses, and 21 draws. One Hone Cavalry would put him at 137 wins, 15 losses, and 11 draws and everyone having Fury 3 only sets him back at 134 wins, 21 losses, and 8 draws. He'd basically be a blue +Atk Frederick which is pretty much better considering there are a lot of reds.

What about using Player Phase ranged units? They generally need less healing compared with Enemy Phase units and Player Phase melee units, so a Falchion medic will provide more than enough healing. Celica, Delthea, and Sonya are all fantastic ranged units. They also get +10 HP and +4 A/S/D/R boost, along with giving you bonus points.

Edited by XRay