Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

I pulled a Luke today from the Sacred Stones banner (no Seth ;^;) He's +atk/-spd. I'm wondering if it's worth the SP grind to give Panic Ploy to +hp Ninian. Ninian will have 48hp with hp+3. Otherwise I might just stick with good old Hone Attack on her and just keep Luke. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ruruo said:

I pulled a Luke today from the Sacred Stones banner (no Seth ;^;) He's +atk/-spd. I'm wondering if it's worth the SP grind to give Panic Ploy to +hp Ninian. Ninian will have 48hp with hp+3. Otherwise I might just stick with good old Hone Attack on her and just keep Luke. 

I would keep him for Hero Merit and he may be a bonus unit in the future for Tempest Trials. I would keep him as well if you do not have a lot of other red cavalry.

If you do not care about the Hero Merit, Tempest Trials, keeping one copy of everything, and you are near a 1,000 characters, then sacrificing him is not a bad idea. Luke is nothing special since Cain can do pretty much the same thing.

52 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

What is a good set for a +res/-hp summer Corrin. Also, she will be keeping her c slot skill for my flier emblem team.

You can give her a standard Blade build.

Blárblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Lancebreaker

As always, you can run Fury if you do not have Life and Death. Lancebreaker is there to help her get more kills if she is not being buffed; it can be replaced with Desperation if you do not need any Breakers.

If you are running her on Arena Assault, you may find Raven build more useful:

Blárraven, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte

Depending on what you have, Raven build might be cheaper. Arena Assault also does not need all out offense. Having color/effective match up is usually more than enough.

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, XRay said:

I would keep him for Hero Merit and he may be a bonus unit in the future for Tempest Trials. I would keep him as well if you do not have a lot of other red cavalry.

If you do not care about the Hero Merit, Tempest Trials, keeping one copy of everything, and you are near a 1,000 characters, then sacrificing him is not a bad idea. Luke is nothing special since Cain can do pretty much the same thing.

Good point. Thank you, I'll keep him then in this case ;) 

36 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Are there any sets that revolve around SF!Corrin's sea life tome?

Unfortunately, she is going to be outclassed by BH!Lucina in the upcoming banner. You can still turn NS!Corrin into a spur bot, but the opportunity cost is high. Delthea has Drive Atk, but Delthea is a really good mage herself, so unless you have two of her, I would not sacrifice Delthea. The new Lucina has Drive Spd, but I would not sacrifice a better spur bot for a weaker spur bot. Drive Def is kind of meh, and unless you have a 5* Roderick already, I do not think it is worth 20,000 Hero Feathers just for Drive Def 2.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Are there any sets that revolve around SF!Corrin's sea life tome?

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unfortunately, she is going to be outclassed by BH!Lucina in the upcoming banner. You can still turn NS!Corrin into a spur bot, but the opportunity cost is high. Delthea has Drive Atk, but Delthea is a really good mage herself, so unless you have two of her, I would not sacrifice Delthea. The new Lucina has Drive Spd, but I would not sacrifice a better spur bot for a weaker spur bot. Drive Def is kind of meh, and unless you have a 5* Roderick already, I do not think it is worth 20,000 Hero Feathers just for Drive Def 2.

CYL Lucina's Geirskogul only affects physical units; it leaves out anyone using a dragonstone, staff, or tome. Summer F!Corrin's Sealife Tome affects everyone, but it's a weaker buff.

Lucina would be able to give stronger Drive buffs to physical units, so, she could give them +3 to attack, speed, and defense or +6 to one stat and +3 to another stat, but her non-physical allies would only be able to receive +3 to one stat. Summer F!Corrin would be able to give everyone +4 to either attack or speed and +1 to the other or not as great, +1 to attack and speed and +3 to defense.

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

CYL Lucina's Geirskogul only affects physical units; it leaves out anyone using a dragonstone, staff, or tome. Summer F!Corrin's Sealife Tome affects everyone, but it's a weaker buff.

You are right. The description was so long that I thought they were listing every weapon. I need to read more carefully.

Should I give Life and Death to my +Spd -HP Tharja? I know people have been using Fury over Life and Death for Nino now, and Tharja's default Darting Blow has sufficed a lot of times that I've used her. I'll be merging an old bad IV Tharja into this newer Tharja, and I was just wondering if Life and Death is worth inheriting and using.

3 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Should I give Life and Death to my +Spd -HP Tharja? I know people have been using Fury over Life and Death for Nino now, and Tharja's default Darting Blow has sufficed a lot of times that I've used her. I'll be merging an old bad IV Tharja into this newer Tharja, and I was just wondering if Life and Death is worth inheriting and using.

Is your Tharja face-tanking something the first time it fights a substantial amount of the time? If yes, Fury 3 can be considered, if not, L&D is significantly better. (Tharja's bulk isn't as bad a Nino's, so she can face-tank a lot more than Nino, but there's not much reason not to run L&D on units like her, who can kill people without taking a counter the majority of the time. Past the first combat, Fury 3 is only a 5 defense lead over L&D---assuming a counter didn't happen, past the second, L&D has a 1 defense lead.)

The cheapness factor of Fury 3 can be discounted too, since L&D 2 is the same price as Fury 2.

Personally, I've found that Nino simply doesn't tank much because her bulk is non-existent even with Fury 3. The main reason to go Fury is to trigger hp based B-skills, whether it's mobility skills on allies or desperation/vantage/whatever on you. This makes Fury 3, oddly enough, possibly better than L&D in places like TT where Nino can get low hp and then stay there to trigger these skills, whereas L&D variants would have to find a kind Samaritan someone to bash her face in first.

I'm interested in building Eirika. I have two of them, +spd -res and +atk -res. Not sure which nature to go for. Currently I have her decked out with Fury, Drag back, Hone Speed, Reposition, and Moonbow. Seems kinda generic. What does everyone else have for her?

51 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What's a good set of skills to equip an Atk+ Res- Roy?

If you are only using him for Arena Assault, his base kit is fine. You can equip a Breaker on him to make him specialize against greens even more. He can also run Threaten Speed to increase his chances of doubling greens when he counter attacks on Player Phase, so you can run something other than a Breaker.

If you want to pimp him out, that is his best nature to run a Brave build.

Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 112:12:40

14 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I'm interested in building Eirika. I have two of them, +spd -res and +atk -res. Not sure which nature to go for. Currently I have her decked out with Fury, Drag back, Hone Speed, Reposition, and Moonbow. Seems kinda generic. What does everyone else have for her?

Mine is +Spd and I think it is -HP. I gave her the same set, except with Axebreaker instead of Drag Back.

Edited by XRay

7 hours ago, Kiran said:

I also have 2, but mine are 4-star. I'm thinking of using +atk/-def and promoting her, but I was thinking about using swordbreaker as her B Passive. Since she has +Atk, I wanted her to be as offensive as possible. 

I plan on using her with either Nino or Tharja. Is there a better Red sword unit for a mage-centric team? Besides Olivia

I just got a useless Héctor + speed - DEF, then im thinking to give his DC to a red sword user, than can be sumoned in 4 star ( for have the option to upgrade him in +3 + 4 etc like rich people) i got 3 eirikas and i see her in the first place ( 4 star) in inheritance tier list. I have an Ike as a  main sword user,  but only +1 used all my free orbs on him but bad luck)

Another option is give his DC to my azura for kill red mages. But with fury 3 she kills red swords too, but i can put on her swordbreader.

Edited by ignis_z

22 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

I just got a useless Héctor + speed - DEF, then im thinking to give his DC to a red sword user, than can be sumoned in 4 star ( for have the option to upgrade him in +3 + 4 etc like rich people) i got 3 eirikas and i see her in the first place ( 4 star) in inheritance tier list. I have an Ike as a  main sword user,  but only +1 used all my free orbs on him but bad luck)

Another option is give his DC to my azura for kill red mages. But with fury 3 she kills red swords too, but i can put on her swordbreader.

I've never pulled an Eirika, but i was thinking to give DC to an high-RES-melee like Hawkeye, Titania or Camilla (all 4* available). If it has to be a sword user, Eliwood and Lloyd came into my mind (Lloyd is limited in merging because he is GHB though). 

4 hours ago, ignis_z said:

You can also put Hector on your defense team for easy wins. If you manage to get three Hectors, it is almost guaranteed that you will have a defense win every week.

If Azura is your main counter to reds, I would give her Distant Counter and Quick Riposte so she can deal with all of them on Enemy Phase.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

You can also put Hector on your defense team for easy wins. If you manage to get three Hectors, it is almost guaranteed that you will have a defense win every week.

If Azura is your main counter to reds, I would give her Distant Counter and Quick Riposte so she can deal with all of them on Enemy Phase.

I dont have problems with my Defense team, i thought just in that to put Azura DC and QR and i can counter all reds.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

What way is a good set for horse emblem Lyn that keeps her legendary bow on?

I would keep her the same except maybe change her C slot with a cavalry buff. And give her Reposition or any positioning Assists.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I would keep her the same except maybe change her C slot with a cavalry buff. And give her Reposition or any positioning Assists.

Her C-slot is probably fine since it's effectively a fort cav anyway, except without boosting -blades. -7 Atk is basically +7 def/res. Just have her run in to delete a loser, and then either drawback or reposition to let the EP unit tank. (Lyn for mages, probably Camus or Xander for physical.)

6 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Her C-slot is probably fine since it's effectively a fort cav anyway, except without boosting -blades. -7 Atk is basically +7 def/res. Just have her run in to delete a loser, and then either drawback or reposition to let the EP unit tank. (Lyn for mages, probably Camus or Xander for physical.)

That makes sense. I guess it depends on her teammates. If they are mostly Camus, Xander, or BH!Lyn Emblem, Atk Smoke will play to their strengths more. I would change it to Hone or Fortify if she has mostly Blade pony allies.

Edited by XRay

Wich Ike is more powerfull? + HP -Def:

Ike 1:

Heavy Blade 3

Quick riposte 3

Threaten Defense 3

Aether

Ike 2:

Fury 3

Quick riposte 3

Threaten Def 3

Moonbow.