Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

6 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Thanks!

The game is killing me - bought some more orbs and pulled a brave lyn with +spd-def. My other lyn is +atk-res.

Which one should I merge/keep? With brave bow in mind?

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Keep both, one for brave bow+CA, the other for Mulagir/Firesweep. They would make a hellish defense team. 

+Atk is actually superior for both her Brave Bow and vanilla Mulagir builds. I'm not sure for Firesweep, but I have a hunch that Lyn is so fast that increasing her Spd doesn't actually increase her kills as much as the extra Atk does.

5 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Only the first team? I agree its somewhat the starting points but if you use weak units dont the points go down?

All seven rounds have their matchmaking score determined by the first team.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I manage to pull a Klein, and now I can give Death Blow to unit, but I’m   torn between two units: 

A +Spd-Hp Ryoma, that has 50 attack and 38 speed and a +Spd-Def Lute that has 50 attack and 38 speed. As you can see they very similar. But which of them should I give Death Blow?

I would save Death Blow for slow Brave users like Cherche, Effie, Laslow, and TOD!Jakob.

Ryoma should run Fury to be able to take and dish out more damage during Enemy Phase. Lute can run either Fury or Swift Sparrow, with Fury allowing her to activate Ploys more consistently while Swift Sparrow allows her to be less reliant on Ploys.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Atk is actually superior for both her Brave Bow and vanilla Mulagir builds. I'm not sure for Firesweep, but I have a hunch that Lyn is so fast that increasing her Spd doesn't actually increase her kills as much as the extra Atk does.

[...]

Lyn is fast (35 neutral), but +3 SPD come from Mulagir. I didn't run the calculator (waiting for the update), but it seems Firesweep BH!Lyn without a +SPD boon would have to rely on buffs/seals to reliably double things. 

30 minutes ago, May B. said:

So, I got an extra H!Henry and I have NO idea what to do with him, do I merge him, pass down armor march? Pass down his tome? 

(He is my 4th Henry, the other 2 I already merged wih the first I got (+spd -def))

Depending on the nature, I would merge or give him a Gronnraven build. Amelia can pass down Armor March and she is not a limited seasonal unit.

I am thinking to work on my +atk Caeda+1 (accidentally merged them instead of foddering armorslayer off). Now that the refinery allows for an armorslayer with 16mt her atk would be at 45.

Should I give her Lad3 or fury3?

Since I want to give her Iceberg I am a little bit worried about -5res, her defense is bad to begin with but with -5def its gonna be even worse.

Is fury the better option here?

9 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

I am thinking to work on my +atk Caeda+1 (accidentally merged them instead of foddering armorslayer off). Now that the refinery allows for an armorslayer with 16mt her atk would be at 45.

Should I give her Lad3 or fury3?

Since I want to give her Iceberg I am a little bit worried about -5res, her defense is bad to begin with but with -5def its gonna be even worse.

Is fury the better option here?

Fury is a save bet I guess. If you need some inspiration, @LordFrigid has got a pretty cool Caeda: 

On 11/8/2017 at 3:22 AM, LordFrigid said:

[...]

I9pN0Wq.jpg

+Atk/-HP, though I'm thinking that if I pull a +Atk/-Def I'd switch to that. She's also got Wo Dao/Moonbow and Distant Counter, in case I ever feel like switching things up.

I just remembered that you were the OP on the F!Robin Infernal thread, so you probably knew about most of this...

[...]

15 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Fury is a save bet I guess. If you need some inspiration, @LordFrigid has got a pretty cool Caeda: 

Thanks!

Thats a pretty awesome Caeda, LordFrigid definitely has some love for her. I.doubt I would invest in that particular build, though. My +0 Elincia has more attack than her :).

IMO she can become a good, niche armor killer for aa, and since I already have a +1 I might just start investing in her in the refinery for starters. 

Will probably give her fury3 and save the feathers.

@mampfoid Thank you for taking the time out of your day to promote Caeda’s awesomeness =) .

Interestingly, with the Weapon Refinery out, non-Summoner supported Caedas get better results out of a +Spd Wo Dao upgrade than a Brave Sword. I suspect she still has strong matchups with a Firesweep Sword, but I haven’t run those numbers in months (that, and I doubt anyone would actually give her one, given that Soleil is currently the only source).

@Prince Endriu Fury+Armorsmasher is probably your best bet for the role you’re looking for, yeah.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid Thank you for taking the time out of your day to promote Caeda’s awesomeness =) .

Interestingly, with the Weapon Refinery out, non-Summoner supported Caedas get better results out of a +Spd Wo Dao upgrade than a Brave Sword. I suspect she still has strong matchups with a Firesweep Sword, but I haven’t run those numbers in months (that, and I doubt anyone would actually give her one, given that Soleil is currently the only source).

@Prince Endriu Fury+Armorsmasher is probably your best bet for the role you’re looking for, yeah.

Just received a free luke brave sword fodder - will see. But probably will go down the smasherfury road. Just too many sword users out there. Her niche as armorsmasher in aa could actually find some use.

I just got a -atk 5* katarina. I already have a +atk/-res katarina, so I have three choices:

1. have someone inheret swift sparow. I have a +atk -def brave axe+ raven, and a nowi, julia, soren, and eireka who also all need A skills.

2. Have someone inheret attack ploy. +atk/-res Julia and +spd/-res Haloween sakura are the most obvious choices here. (everyone else has a good C skill or low res). Note that I am using joshua as my ploy user, with def ploy 3 and the attack ploy 2 seal, and his res is better than both units mentioned here. My existing katarina also does an ok job.

3. Merge with existing katarina.

(Katarina is my only red tome user, and i hear that rodrowl is suboptimal anyway, so that is not really an option, and I have a LOT of 4* units with glacis/iceberg (I kept pulling felicia and niles while trying to get brave lyn), so that would be a waste)

Edited by sirmola

7 hours ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Wondering what A skill I should give to an Adult Tiki that I'm building. GIven that I don't have any spare B!Ikes lying around I can't quite give her Steady Breath. In that case, which is better: Close Defense or Steady Stance? Should I run Bonfire, or Ignis? My Tiki is +Atk, -Spd.

She should run [Lightning Breath [Defense], Bonfire, Fury, Quick Riposte] to get the most kills. I cannot access the calculator right now, but I am almost certain that A!Tiki should get Defense Refinement and Bonfire, but it might also be Attack Refinement and Moonbow.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

I just got a -atk 5* katarina. I already have a +atk/-res katarina, so I have three choices:

1. have someone inheret swift sparow. I have a +atk -def brave axe+ raven, and a nowi, julia, soren, and eireka who also all need A skills.

2. Have someone inheret attack ploy. +atk/-res Julia and +spd/-res Haloween sakura are the most obvious choices here. (everyone else has a good C skill or low res). Note that I am using joshua as my ploy user, with def ploy 3 and the attack ploy 2 seal, and his res is better than both units mentioned here. My existing katarina also does an ok job.

3. Merge with existing katarina.

(Katarina is my only red tome user, and i hear that rodrowl is suboptimal anyway, so that is not really an option, and I have a LOT of 4* units with glacis/iceberg (I kept pulling felicia and niles while trying to get brave lyn), so that would be a waste)

1. If you are going to fodder her, TOD!Nowi should have dibs. Infantry Blade mages can run Swift Sparrow, but they do better with Life and Death since they do not have access to movement buffs. I would choose this option.

2. Swift Sparrow should have priority in my opinion. If you going to fodder this skill, TOD!Sakura needs it more since she cannot rely on the triangle to tank as she is colorless.

3. Merging is fine too, although I would focus on skill inheritance first. Pony and flier mages with decent Speed benefits more from Swift Sparrow' bulk since they have movement buffs to offset the slightly lower offensive power compared to Life and Death.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

[...]

1. If you are going to fodder her, TOD!Nowi should have dibs. Infantry Blade mages can run Swift Sparrow, but they do better with Life and Death since they do not have access to movement buffs. I would choose this option.

2. Swift Sparrow should have priority in my opinion. If you going to fodder this skill, TOD!Sakura needs it more since she cannot rely on the triangle to tank as she is colorless.

3. Merging is fine too, although I would focus on skill inheritance first. Pony and flier mages with decent Speed benefits more from Swift Sparrow' bulk since they have movement buffs to offset the slightly lower offensive power compared to Life and Death.

What do you think of Swift Sparrow + Desperation for Siegbert? My +ATK/-RES Siegbert would reach unbuffed 61 ATK / 43 SPD on player phase with his Dark Greatsword. 

(I still got this spare BH!Lyn who would also give draconic aura to him)

Edited by mampfoid
Wrong siggy

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

What do you think of Swift Sparrow + Desperation for Siegbert? My +ATK/-RES Siegbert would reach unbuffed 61 ATK / 43 SPD on player phase with his Dark Greatsword. 

I think it is fine, although if Siegbert has any allies that buffs his Speed, then he is better off with Death Blow since there are not a lot of enemies left for him to out speed.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Thats disgusting. Siegbert hits like a Tank

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I don't have a TOD nowi, I have a normal nowi, (who is obviously too defensive to run swift sparrow). My only TOD unit was sakura (although in retrospect, i totaly should have gone for TOD!nowi, as she would have fixed a hole in my team composition). I also have no blade users at present (I might promote my  tiltyu or nino if they are really that good, but i already have a ton of competing demands on my feathers, and have even used the double sp event to grind a bunch of sp on GHB Michalis, who is next in line, 11000 feathers from now. I also might promote some 3* units so that I have access to some more level 3 B skills). The reason i suggested putting it on brave axe raven was that it might help him quad more often. THat being said, I ahve no idea whether he quats enough additonal enemies to be worth the -4 damage he sacrafices against enemies he can't quad (verses death blow),

Edited by sirmola

Got Jaffar, which means Life and Death 3 (don't worry, +HP -Res sucks).

I... don't know who to give it to unfortunately. Help? I'll list all the units I have that I believe would benefit from the skill and leave any notes I feel need to be made.

Spoiler

Male Corrin (+Atk -HP): he currently has no other skills

Black Knight

Brave Roy (+Def -Atk): I do have Gunters to sacrifice now, so Hone Cavalry is now an option for me.

ToD! Nowi (+Def -Spd): Nowi pretty much owns my Speed +3 seal to make up for the lost speed. She currently runs Fury 3 and does not have Raudhrblade+.

Cordelia (+Atk -Res): Brave Lance+ set, currently runs default Triangle Adept 3.

Olwen (+HP -Def): Currently has no skill inheritance

Brave Lyn (+Res -HP): Currently runs default set.

Tharja (4* +Spd -Def): Currently has no other SI.

Eldigan (+Spd -Atk) Given Mystletainn can have Fury 3 built in and my Eldigans nature, I'm wondering how foolish an idea it would be to do this...

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, sirmola said:

I don't have a TOD nowi, I have a normal nowi, (who is obviously too defensive to run swift sparrow). My only TOD unit was sakura (although in retrospect, i totaly should have gone for TOD!nowi, as she would have fixed a hole in my team composition). I also have no blade users at present (I might promote my  tiltyu or nino if they are really that good, but i already have a ton of competing demands on my feathers, and have even used the double sp event to grind a bunch of sp on GHB Michalis, who is next in line, 11000 feathers from now. I also might promote some 3* units so that I have access to some more level 3 B skills). The reason i suggested putting it on brave axe raven was that it might help him quad more often. THat being said, I ahve no idea whether he quats enough additonal enemies to be worth the -4 damage he sacrafices against enemies he can't quad (verses death blow),

Ah, my mistake. I thought you meant TOD!Nowi since you mentioned Raven and Soren who have decent Speed.

Blade mages are really that good, and Brave Bow archers compliment them nicely. If I were to make a tier list, there would be only two tiers, and all melee units are bottom tier unless they can Dance or Sing.

Unless you are already bouncing between Tier 18 to Tier 20, I personally would prioritize two or three ranged units first so you can reach the top of the Arena to have a solid Feather income before investing in and playing with melee units.

Swift Sparrow is pretty rare and expensive that I would not give it to a melee unit, unless your top two or three ranged units are already decked out or a particular melee unit is one of your favorite characters.

In my opinion, the only units who can use Death Blow effectively are super slow Brave users or Desperation-Brash Assault users, such as Reinhardt and Lyn. All other Player Phase units should run Life and Death or Swift Sparrow since they need the Speed to perform follow-up attacks. The only exception I can think of currently are really fast units like Siegbert, Ayra, and Mia who can probably run Death Blow if they have allies that buffs their Speed.

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Got Jaffar, which means Life and Death 3 (don't worry, +HP -Res sucks).

I... don't know who to give it to unfortunately. Help? I'll list all the units I have that I believe would benefit from the skill and leave any notes I feel need to be made.

Hide contents

Male Corrin (+Atk -HP): he currently has no other skills

Black Knight

Brave Roy (+Def -Atk): I do have Gunters to sacrifice now, so Hone Cavalry is now an option for me.

ToD! Nowi (+Def -Spd): Nowi pretty much owns my Speed +3 seal to make up for the lost speed. She currently runs Fury 3 and does not have Raudhrblade+.

Cordelia (+Atk -Res): Brave Lance+ set, currently runs default Triangle Adept 3.

Olwen (+HP -Def): Currently has no skill inheritance

Brave Lyn (+Res -HP): Currently runs default set.

Tharja (4* +Spd -Def): Currently has no other SI.

Eldigan (+Spd -Atk) Given Mystletainn can have Fury 3 built in and my Eldigans nature, I'm wondering how foolish an idea it would be to do this...

I would go with Olwen, TOD!Nowi, or Tharja; I prefer Tharja since she has a good nature. I do not recommend giving BH!Lyn Life and Death because she comes with Swift Sparrow; those two skills basically serve the same purpose.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend giving BH!Lyn Life and Death because she comes with Swift Sparrow; those two skills basically serve the same purpose.

The one extra point in attack isn't gonna make a difference unless B!Lyn was running Brave Bow+ I suppose?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I would go with Olwen, TOD!Nowi, or Tharja; I prefer Tharja since she has a good nature.

Good point.

...guess this doubled as "who will I be promoting next" then.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

The one extra point in attack isn't gonna make a difference unless B!Lyn was running Brave Bow+ I suppose?

Technically, Life and Death is her best A skill from a performance stand point, but I do not think the small return justify the investment. Even with a Brave Bow, Hone Cavalry buff makes up for the difference if she has any cavalry teammates. I do not recommend using BH!Lyn as a tank, but if you mess up or something, BH!Lyn's intact Defense and Resistance can save her.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Blade mages are really that good, and Brave Bow archers compliment them nicely. If I were to make a tier list, there would be only two tiers, and all melee units are bottom tier unless they can Dance or Sing.

In that case, should i promote someone other than michalis next? my 5* ranged units are:

+atk/-res Katarina

+spd/-def Bride!Caeda. Nonstandard skills: +atk blessed bouquet+

+HP/spd delthea

+atk/-def reinhardt. Nonstandard skills: Reposition, spur atk 3.

+atk/-res julia. Nonstandard skills: draw back, spur def 2.

+hp/-def Soren. Nonstandard skills: watersweep not learned.

+atk/-def Klein.

+spd/-res TOD sakura. Nonstandard skills: Rally def/res

+atk/spd genny. Nonstandard skills:  Daseling gravity +, swift winds balm, Attack +3, Savage blow 3

Note that Everyone has all of the skills they come with maxed out (except soren). I have been focusing a little more on mele units (like 5* nowi or 5* olivia, or one of several other 5* 1-2 range counter units.)

4* units i could promote:

Neuteral Michalis. I have been grinding up his sp for the purpose.

+def/-res tailtiu.

+ spd/-def cecilia (I have triangle adept 3 to put on her, or any other raven tome user i might promote)

Bow users: gorden, jeorge, leon, virion, niles.

Dagger users: Mathew, Gaius, felicia, jacob, kagero

3* units I could promote:
-spd/+res or neuteral raigh

+spd/-res or neuteral henry

+atk/-res cecilia.

Neutral Robin

Bow users: clairisse.

I was kind of leaning tward cecilia after michalis because of my total lack of noninfantry 5* units other than Reinhardt (and that includes melle), plus the fact that rubie sword olivia works pretty well.

Alternatly, I could Just focus on promoting skill fodder, like promoting a robin so that bride caeda can get blue tome breaker.

Edited by sirmola

38 minutes ago, sirmola said:

In that case, should i promote someone other than michalis next? my 5* ranged units are:

+atk/-res Katarina

+spd/-def Bride!Caeda. Nonstandard skills: +atk blessed bouquet+

+HP/spd delthea

+atk/-def reinhardt. Nonstandard skills: Reposition, spur atk 3.

+atk/-res julia. Nonstandard skills: draw back, spur def 2.

+hp/-def Soren. Nonstandard skills: watersweep not learned.

+atk/-def Klein.

+spd/-res TOD sakura. Nonstandard skills: Rally def/res

+atk/spd genny. Nonstandard skills:  Daseling gravity +, swift winds balm, Attack +3, Savage blow 3

Note that Everyone has all of the skills they come with maxed out (except soren). I have been focusing a little more on mele units (like 5* nowi or 5* olivia, or one of several other 5* 1-2 range counter units.)

4* units i could promote:

Neuteral Michalis. I have been grinding up his sp for the purpose.

+def/-res tailtiu.

+ spd/-def cecilia (I have triangle adept 3 to put on her, or any other raven tome user i might promote)

Bow users: gorden, jeorge, leon, virion, niles.

Dagger users: Mathew, Gaius, felicia, jacob, kagero

3* units I could promote:
-spd/+res or neuteral raigh

+spd/-res or neuteral henry

+atk/-res cecilia.

Neutral Robin

Bow users: clairisse.

I was kind of leaning tward cecilia after michalis because of my total lack of noninfantry 5* units other than Reinhardt (and that includes melle), plus the fact that rubie sword olivia works pretty well.

Alternatly, I could Just focus on promoting skill fodder, like promoting a robin so that bride caeda can get blue tome breaker.

I would focus on Reinhardt, Klein, and Olivia and deck them out. After that you can invest in whatever units you fancy, although I would still build up a few more ranged units for Arena Assault. I basically run the same set up except with BH!Lyn. You should be able to bounce between Tier 18 and Tier 19 with that team composition. With merges, you will probably be able to bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20.

Reinhardt
Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow
Death Blow, Lancebreaker/Wings of Mercy, Hone Attack/Hone Speed
Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal
He is your primary beat stick. Lancebreaker gives him the best performance while Wings of Mercy is for points and teleporting fun. Lancebreaker usually is not necessary.

Klein
Brave Bow, Reposition, Luna
Life and Death, Breaker/Cancel Affinity, Hone Attack
When I ran Setsuna and BB!Cordelia, they ran Swordbreaker, but Cancel Affinity also works. Nuking mages generally die on the second hit, so I do not think Tomebreakers are necessary.

Olivia
Ruby Sword, Dance, Moonbow
Fury, Vantage, Hone Attack
Hone Speed Sacred Seal
Bonfire-Vantage Hector was a pain in the ass to deal with so Olivia's set is designed to counter that, although he is not as common now. I would just merge her to 4*+10, but if you really like her as a character or something and want to promote her, 5*+4 is about the same as 4*+10 in terms of performance, but costing 100,000 Feathers minimum versus 22,000 Feathers maximum.

This video from Phoenixmaster1 basically summarizes how to use this team composition.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would focus on Reinhardt, Klein, and Olivia and deck them out. After that you can invest in whatever units you fancy, although I would still build up a few more ranged units for Arena Assault. I basically run the same set up except with BH!Lyn. You should be able to bounce between Tier 18 and Tier 19 with that team composition. With merges, you will probably be able to bounce between Tier 19 and Tier 20.

Reinhardt
Dire Thunder, Reposition, Moonbow
Death Blow, Lancebreaker/Wings of Mercy, Hone Attack/Hone Speed
Quickened Pulse Sacred Seal
He is your primary beat stick. Lancebreaker gives him the best performance while Wings of Mercy is for points and teleporting fun. Lancebreaker usually is not necessary.

Klein
Brave Bow, Reposition, Luna
Life and Death, Breaker/Cancel Affinity, Hone Attack
When I ran Setsuna and BB!Cordelia, they ran Swordbreaker, but Cancel Affinity also works. Nuking mages generally die on the second hit, so I do not think Tomebreakers are necessary.

Olivia
Ruby Sword, Dance, Moonbow
Fury, Vantage, Hone Attack
Hone Speed Sacred Seal
Bonfire-Vantage Hector was a pain in the ass to deal with so Olivia's set is designed to counter that, although he is not as common now. I would just merge her to 4*+10, but if you really like her as a character or something and want to promote her, 5*+4 is about the same as 4*+10 in terms of performance, but costing 100,000 Feathers minimum versus 22,000 Feathers maximum.

This video from Phoenixmaster1 basically summarizes how to use this team composition.

Wait, Everybody wants hone attack, isn't that duplicitive?

Also, does klien want swordbreaker specificaly, as opposed to bowbreaker or daggerbreaker? (I only have one copy of swordbreaker.)

Any other b skill ideas for reinhardt? I don't have either of the ones you mentioned on hand.

Also, who is a good fourth unit? I have an eirika for buffing, but she seems to play two of the three roles that olivia already plays. I could also use Bride Caeda for her weapon's buff effect Here is a spreadsheet of all of my 5* units:

image.png.160399823b34c8863d575df2cc0078a5.png

Edited by sirmola

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Wait, Everybody wants hone attack, isn't that duplicitive?

Also, does klien want swordbreaker specificaly, as opposed to bowbreaker or daggerbreaker? (I only have one copy of swordbreaker.)

Any other b skill ideas for reinhardt? I don't have either of the ones you mentioned on hand.

Also, who is a good fourth unit? I have an eirika for buffing, but she seems to play two of the three roles that olivia already plays. I could also use Bride Caeda for her weapon's buff effect Here is a spreadsheet of all of my 5* units:

image.png.160399823b34c8863d575df2cc0078a5.png

You sometimes need Olivia to be away such as taking care of Hector or tank a Gronnraven mage, so Klein and Reinhardt need to be able to buff each other.

I ran Swordbreaker since swords are generally the fastest units. I would not run Bowbreaker or Daggerbreaker since most archers and thieves die in two hits. If you do not have melee Breakers or Cancel Affinity, the next best thing I can think of is maybe Seal Resistance or Poison Strike to help Reinhardt knock someone out. I do not think Klein can run Desperation too well since he is a bit slow without Speed buffs, but you can try it out.

Reinhardt does not really need any other B skill in my opinion, so I would go with Escape Route for more points if you have that. You can also try Reinhardt with Desperation with Brash Assault Sacred Seal, so if he is ever damaged, he would be able to one round almost any ranged threat with Luna.

I leave the fourth unit blank for a Bonus unit. Outside the Arena just run whoever you like since Reinhardt, Klein, and Olivia should be able handle most maps by themselves. Julia and Soren will round out the color triangle nicely but I do not think they are necessary.