Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

i don't have a wide pool of 5*s to pick from so i've been having a hard time with map.  i don't have any characters that can ORKO the lancer on the left, and my 4* sully and 4* cordelia can't survive the sword and green tome on the right. i was assuming that 5* ike wouldn't be able to survive the right hand side, but now that i know he can i should have a much easier time.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just went back and did it with SI-less Ryo/Takumi/Robin/Olivia, which was my team at the time of Narcian's GHB. Definitely harder than with my now team of Ryo/Reinhardt/Nino/Olivia. Had to go on the defensive for one turn and Olivia had to facewall the lance guy (didn't look at numbers, but I think she could've lived at 4* since she had 13hp left).

The options I have now is hella nice.

In case anyone needs it, using 5* Reindhardt(-atk), 5* Nino, 5* Olivia and 4* Zephiel. This is the fastest GHB ever for me had a lot of trouble in the past... (still no Kagero or Ryoma).

Beat it using Ephraim (with Swordbreaker), Erika, Nino, and Ryoma (with Swap). // Erika may be able to be subbed out as she is just there for buffs, and Nino just handles the lance guy. || Ryoma is probably the only required unit here as he can hit melee and counter at range, while any blue with Swordbreaker should be able to do my Ephraim's job.

1. Get everyone in position to get buffed by Erika.
2. Move Ryoma to get hit by the Green Tome and Red Sword. // He defeats the Green Tome and damages the Sword. Healer warps on over to heal the Sword. Xander and Lance Guy advance.
3. Nino kills Lance Guy. Ephraim (with Swordbreaker) kills Xander. // Ryoma swaps with Ephraim so Ephraim can kill Sword Guy on the counter attack.
4. Ephraim kills Sword Guy. We finish off the healer.

Was an easy Hero Battle for me, but it helps I have three 5-star exclusive characters (Ephraim, Erika, and Ryoma).

My video I said I would post earlier with no dancer.

I am one of those people who only started last move and has a small pool of units to use. I just got lucky in my rolls and completely forgot about rerolling until it was too late. I make this team work and surprisingly, I love them. 

Funnily enough, I would have had Lunatic done in one try if Ryoma had Vantage 2 instead of Vantage 3.

Team: (all Level 40) +Res/-HP 5* Ryoma (+Vantage 2), +Def/-Spd 5* Minerva (+Draconic Aura), +Atk/-Spd 5* M!Robin (+Swordbreaker 3), +Res/-Atk 4* Olivia

Draconic Aura wasn't used.

1.) Hone Attack 3 everyone
2.) Ryoma moves in range of Infantry Sword and Green Tome Cavalier
3.) Vantage 3 Ryoma would end up with one less charge on Night Sky since he wouldn't take the hit from the Green Tome. It also sets him up for Defiant Attack 3 proc.
4.) Now that Ryoma can handle the Infantry Sword with Night Sky, M!Robin and Minerva are free to kill the Infantry Lance.
5.) M!Robin also kills Xander on the same turn via Dance (Swordbreaker 3)
6.) Kill Cleric next turn
7.) Victory!

This was the one I had to do the least amount of attempts, which was easily fixed by giving Ryoma a lower Vantage proc.

Boom beat Xander first try. Luckily for my I have a Atk+/RES- Takumi who was able to handle the spot where Xander and the green mounted mage converged on him. After that it was simply a matter of cleaning up the rest of the units. 

fullsizeoutput_11d.jpeg

Done!

I used Nino, Linde, Michalis and Olivia.

Nino was just promoted yesterday, so she isn't lv40 yet. Linde took on Xander like a champ. I'm proud of you my girl!!

But now that I think about what I did, it looks that I could still used Oboro instead of Michalis? Aaaaah, anyway, everything worked so no problem!

This was a bit disappointing, tbh. I didn't even have to swap out for a dancer.

I used my regular team: Nino, Eirika, Kagero, and Cordelia. The strat is basically as follows:

1: Arrange units around Eirika, who stands three squares down from the dividing wall. Kagero is above, Nino is to the left, and Cordelia is below.

2: Kagero kills the sword fighter. Cordelia goes into her spot. The green cav is killed on enemy phase.

3: Nino annihilates the lance fighter. Cordelia attacks Xander. On EP, Xander is healed, then dies.

4: Cordelia Galeforce kills the cleric.

(My pull luck is slightly ridiculous. I'm still using the first three 5* pulls I got, because they're just that good.)

7 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

See, I thought of doing this as well, but wouldn't it better to just wait till the Voting Gauntlet banner since they'll probably do a Guys and Girl banner, meaning Linde will be the lone blue there and the other 3 will be other strong mages

Characters featured in the Gauntlet isn't guaranteed to be in the focus.

This piece of crap green valkyrie!

Green valkyrie rant in spoiler:

Spoiler

Let's plan a strategy; let's kill the sword infantry with Ursula with Blarblade or Blarwolf with at least an Attack +1 seal. Then the special question is how to get either Ursula or Ninian/Olivia out. Ursula gets OHKO'd by the green valkyrie. Move her out and either dancer will get ganged up on by lance infantry, the green valkyrie, and Xander. Raigh's only a 3* and the lv. 40 4* Sophia being -Atk makes her a damn joke against the sword infantry. She only does 18 damage against him while he does 17x2. If I hit him twice, then Ignis activates on his side and RIP Sophia. And then the game has to remind me that Virion is my only good archer. He can kill the green valkyrie in 2 hits! Green valkyrie leaves him with 7 HP on their first encounter and has Vantage... I'd be happy with a -Atk Henry right now. At least he has G Tomebreaker. I've yet to summon any red mage that is not Sophia or recently, 1 Raigh.

The only way I can get out them out safely if Ursula inherits Reposition which apparently Ursula can afford right now. Next question: Where will this killjoy go? Somewhere inconvenient probably.

Murdering the blue lancer with F!Robin works through a 2HKO if she has Gronnraven+ and a +4 attack buff -- can't afford Lancebreaker and I'd have to get something like Reposition to get Olivia out making it even more expensive. I'd have to get F!Robin and Olivia out which is going to suck since both of them will be in range of the sword infantry, dirtbag valkyrie, and Xander. It would have to be Reposition for F!Robin where someone like Effie, Subaki, or Sully is now in range of Xander and either Draw Back or Reposition on a non-cavalry red unit for Olivia.

I could just stick Effie in range of the blue lancer and Xander, but then I'd have a giant pileup to deal with... I think the last time I did that for hard mode, I put F!Corrin up a tile which put her in range of the freaking green valkyrie who covers almost every damn tile. Everyone tried to murder her, but she lived... Barely.

Edited by Kaden

19 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I guess we do need one more gauntlet to be sure, but it honestly seems like a safe guarantee?

Like the last voting gauntlet absolutely did. The first one didn't...because Alfonse & Sharena aren't pullable at all. The other 6 units were focuses.

Anyway, took a few tries to realize what I needed and proper positioning , but one darting blow 2 for kagero later I beat lunatic with relative ease. Ursula, Nino, Azura, Kagero (5*). Kagero handles the sword & mage, then dance shenanigans help take care of the remainder.

This map can be completed with TWO vanilla units.....5*Tharja (or 4* +atk) and 4*F!Corrin (if not +atk, she needs an atk seal). I'm kinda sad how easy this map is. 

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'd like to think it's a reasonable assumption. 

The first gauntlet had focus banners for every gauntlet character except Alfonse and Sharena. 

The second gauntlet had focus banners for every gauntlet character. 

There's still the possibility that this third gauntlet won't follow the pattern, of course, but I think there's a pretty good chance that this gauntlet will also have focus banners for the units involved. 

well now i just feel bad. i lost my first try on the Hard version with a level 40 team. Nino got one-shot by the green valkyrie's special. bane res Nino is my faaaaav. no other problems after that though, cleared Hard and Lunatic. it didn't feel clean at all though, made it through by the skin of my teeth really. forget trying to do it without a dancer though i'll probably try anyway because i hate myself. this one was harder than Zephiel for me.

FINALLY, lunatic was hell, but I can do it after 10 or more stamina posion and a lot of grind

Here my units, only Klein is vainilla, but with hp+

Also Klein with the swordman vs Kamui and the lancer guy out can take a hit from Marxander and the healer but only with hp+

I tried with Kagero, Cordelia and Tharja but they die before the green cavalier, fuck him

Screenshot_2017-05-02-19-18-16.png

Edited by Truffa

Don't know if people think the same but....

Xander's voice is AWEFUL. My goodness, I know what to expect from Spring Xander but thought at least he would change the tone a bit to suit actual Xander's serious personality. The art is already a bit lackluster and now this. It's so gay. It's a huge blow to me because I married my Corrin to Xander like, 3 times =.=

3 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Xander's voice is AWEFUL. My goodness, I know what to expect from Spring Xander but thought at least he would change the tone a bit to suit actual Xander's serious personality. The art is already a bit lackluster and now this. It's so gay. It's a huge blow to me because I married my Corrin to Xander like, 3 times =.=

his voice sounds fine, honestly, its just a bit higher pitched than in Fates. I think he & Spring Xander have different VAs for some reason

11 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Its the same voice actor from the game. But I do agree that Xander somehow sounds different. His voice right now kinda reminds me of Corrin :/

1 hour ago, SaMaster14 said:

Just defeated Lunatic with:

Nino, Linde, Michaelis, Ninian (all 5* Lv. 40)

I did the same, but instead of Ninian I used 3* Olivia haha

2 hours ago, Okigen said:

I actually don't mind his voice acting at all in battle. But yeah, the castle lines are definitely not my favorite. He's a bit too high pitched in some of them.

Easiest Grand Hero Battle to ever come yet. I easily tanked all blows with Zephiel, and wiped away Zephiel with Ephraim, but I don't know if I should make him gold or not for the 4th seat in my all gold team.

Spoiler

Xander.png.d2c8d814e79a24b0c3fee74d5b5802db.png