Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

Definitely easiest GHB yet.

The only hard counter on the entire map was the Raurwolf mage to keep you from spamming Ursula. Other than that, nothing. No hammers, no heavy lances, no counters of any sort.

Ike just destroys this map, able to take out both the sword soldier and the green mage with either +att or a hone att buff.

Even without Ike, Ryoma can handle himself just fine up there. And given that both are available to pull right now, there's pretty much no reason not to have one.

Reinhardt can one shot Xander at any time without needing buffs, +att, or even specials. Ursula also just destroys him.

All in all? I was happy that this didn't boil down to just "tank with Hector" again, but this wasn't really a challenge at all. I do seriously hope they put more difficult maps up in future.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Of course you would have Ryouma go against Xander without any backup :P:

As always :P

5 hours ago, JSND said:

That exactly 1 HP moment is hype 

I know right

Just did it on my first try in 3 turns using Sanaki/Lukas/Nino/Azura. 

Then I did it again in two turns by replacing Lukas with Ryoma.

Turn 1:

Player Phase: Send Sanaki kill the Sword user with the help of Azura. I then move Ryoma so he's next to Azura and in front of Nino so that she gets Hone Spd and he get Hone Atk on the next turn.

Enemy Phase: Green tome attacks and kills itself on Sanaki, which charges up Glacies

Turn 2:

Player Phase: Sanaki nukes Xander with Glacies, then Ryoma moves out of the way so that Nino can kill the Lance Fighter. Finally, Azura dances Ryoma so that he can go kill the Healer. 

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Easiest GHB so far. Enemy positioning is good, but their stats are much less so.

Used Lucina-Spring, Ninian, Ryoma, and Nino. Lure the cavalier and sword fighter on turn 1, then clean up on turn 2.

Now my next issue is pulling Linde from the new banner...

See, I thought of doing this as well, but wouldn't it better to just wait till the Voting Gauntlet banner since they'll probably do a Guys and Girl banner, meaning Linde will be the lone blue there and the other 3 will be other strong mages

Just now, LuxSpes said:

See, I thought of doing this as well, but wouldn't it better to just wait till the Voting Gauntlet banner since they'll probably do a Guys and Girl banner, meaning Linde will be the lone blue there and the other 3 will be other strong mages

I concur. I only have 15 orbs right now. I want to save up so I can afford pulling only blues. I need Shannas for Desperation anyway.

9 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

I beat it with 5* Sharena, *5 Kagaro, 5* Anna, and, 5* Nino. 

With a single speed buff (from Anna she has Hone speed) Kagero can double and kill the sword unit, then kill the green tome on enemy phase.  After that it's pretty straightforward Nino or Anna kill Lance, Sharena kill healer and weakens Xander on enemy and Nino finishes him off.

I swear Kagero is the solution to every single grand hero battle.  Except Narcian and possibly Zephiel though I probably should've used her there.

Thanks. I was stuck and you helped me win it. 

First try clear with Ephraim/Reinhardt/Nino/Ike.

Ike baits out the sword infantry and green cavalry, killing the cav in the process and putting the infantry in WoM range.  Reinhardt one-rounds Xander, with Nino right behind him to KO the lance infantry.  Ike uses Reposition on Ephraim, allowing him to kill the sword infantry before he can get Ignis off.  The remaining cleric is no trouble at all. 

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Not for me lol

Did exatly as I said, bring azura, bring Nino, bring Olivia, bring Robin.

Win

I won in 3 turns lol

I'm sure Linda will get me the win, yes. But my initial attempt had a little snag.

Like I said, it's pretty challenging under certain constraints.

It's like people forgot that they had a smaller unit pool way back when.

22 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Even without Ike, Ryoma can handle himself just fine up there. And given that both are available to pull right now, there's pretty much no reason not to have one.

Uh.

The reason would be 'not pulling them despite the banners'. 

1 hour ago, salinea said:

Had a little trouble myself so I stole your strategy more or less (with Nino instead of Soren and Sharena instead of Ephraim) which worked nicely, thanks.

Glad I helped! Did Sharena have trouble killing Xander? Did your Nino kill the lance outright? My Ephraim has Fury, so I don't know if that was the deciding factor, as I did it without looking too hard on the numbers in my trial run. And regarding nino, I know my Soren did a ton of damage to the lance (triangle adept), but didn't double him. He's neutral speed but had a +4 speed buff, maybe Nino could double if +speed and with fury, life and death, or a speed buff, in which case I suppose she'd kill.

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm sure Linda will get me the win, yes. But my initial attempt had a little snag.

Yeah I couldn't do Narcian's map, or Ursula's map when they came out. But once I was able to have more units these things became easy pickings. 

2 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Glad I helped! Did Sharena have trouble killing Xander? Did your Nino kill the lance outright? My Ephraim has Fury, so I don't know if that was the deciding factor, as I did it without looking too hard on the numbers in my trial run. And regarding nino, I know my Soren did a ton of damage to the lance (triangle adept), but didn't double him. He's neutral speed but had a +4 speed buff, maybe Nino could double if +speed and with fury, life and death, or a speed buff, in which case I suppose she'd kill.

I just buffed my +Atk Nino's Attack and resistance with Olivia and Azura and I one shot the poor lance guy. He never had a chance HEH HEH HEH >:]

Nino is the flipping greatest of all time

5 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Nino can easily kill the lance dude if she doubles, but she generaly won't because of the spur speed on the healer (got really annoyed by that). With +spd and fury she should reach 42 speed i believe, which is enough.

9 minutes ago, Taim Meich said:

Nino kill the lance outright, yes. I think I had her finish the sword guy (Ike left him alive) too, the next turn, while Sharena finished Xander; and Ike started the Cleric. (My Nino is +speed/fury, yup)

Edited by salinea

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I do think people neglect to take in consideration the difference in the size of their unit pool between then and now. I had a lot of trouble with Narcian's map because I only had four level 40 units.

Now, I have 32 level 40 5* units as well as an enormous pool of 4* units to use. Add Skill Inheritance and it makes it much easier to clear those maps. But for people who only started last week, they'll probably struggle beating this map. Though maybe using last week isn't a good example since Hero Fest banner happened, meaning new players had easier access to some of the best units in the game

It was pretty easy...both versions. 

Team: Zephiel (5* with DC), Ninian, Nino and Reinhardt.

After some repositioning and dancing, Zephiel baits Green Mage and the right Red Sword guy. Green Mage dies to DC and Zephiel tanks Red Sword. Xander, Cleric and Lance guy move. Zephiel kills Red Sword. Reinhardt kills Lance guy and Ninian kills Xander. Cleric ended up boxed in by Zephiel, Reinhardt and Ninian. Nino and Zephiel did their best and destroyed the Cleric. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Yeah I definitely feel that our much bigger unit pools --- and the relatively "easier" access to the distant counters this week, in particular, and the existence of Reinhardt --- contributes to how easy these ghbs are starting to feel. Sometimes I'd do a GHB on my friend's account if she is busy or couldn't do it, and it feels significantly harder because her pool of units overall is a lot worse than mine. Narcian gave me hella trouble back then, but I'm sure that if I were to try these days (what with having minerva and all), it wouldn't even be an issue.

Makes me kinda want to do a Xander run with my OG 5* team of Ryoma, Takumi, Robin, and Olivia, with no SI.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Haha I like when people say one GHB is easier than the previous one. To me, Zephiel's was easier.

Anyways, cleared both.

Lunatic

Team: Julia, Klein, Olivia, Nowi.

Klein attacks lance fighter, gets danced and then goes down and repositions olivia more to the south to fall back. Nowi and julia stay out of range. Dudes move and lance fighter chokes point, xander up and green cav up. Nowi kills lance fighter and blocks sword fighter, klein moves up and one rounds green cav, gets danced and glacies snipes cleric. Xander moves down and attacks klein (would've attacked olivia but she would've survived. In the given case Olivia would've died, Klein would just block xander and protect olivia), sword fighter hits nowi. In next turn, nowi hits xander, julia kills sword fighter, olivia dances julia and julia eats xander.

Got it on the first try, with the strategy I came up with before the map came out! I fielded Ike, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Gunter. I sent Ike (with a dance from Olivia) to attack the swordsman, he took him out. Everyone else waited in safety. The green cavalier mage suicides himself on Ike, while Xander and the lancer advance down the middle. I had Reinhardt kill the lancer, Olivia dances for him, and then I had him kill Xander. I sent Gunter after the the cleric, just so he could feel like he did something important.

Figures the first GHB I have no trouble with is for a character I dislike.

Cleared it with Tsubaki, Lucina, Lilina, and Ninian.

Rolled my eyes at Xander's recruitment quote. "I hope you mete out justice", here I thought justice was an illusion.

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Thanks. I was stuck and you helped me win it. 

You welcome. It seems I was the one of the few who really used Kagero and no Dancers lol. 

Edited by Locke087

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Uh.

The reason would be 'not pulling them despite the banners'. 

Pretty much. Everyone is talking about how easy this banner is, but it will probably be the first of all the Grand Hero battles that I simply never clear the Lunatic version of. Every single strategy I've read about so far uses 2-3 units I simply don't have, or which I only have low star versions of.

2 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

Pretty much. Everyone is talking about how easy this banner is, but it will probably be the first of all the Grand Hero battles that I simply never clear the Lunatic version of. Every single strategy I've read about so far uses 2-3 units I simply don't have, or which I only have low star versions of.

You do know MKV posted a video of how to clear it with free 3-star units right?

I'm not sure if these are getting easier or if skill inheritance just makes a joke out of it lol.

But yeah, Xander got stomped. Used 5* Nino / Robin / Abel + 4* Olivia; Nino gets Hone Atk 3 + Fortify Def 2 boosts from Olivia and Abel, heads up to ORKO the swordy, eats an attack from the green cav mage and ORKOs, then ORKOs the lancer while Robin and Abel mop up Xander and the healer. 

So yeah... Nino is really good lol. 

Xander just kinda looks like a cav version of Zephiel, incidentally. Too bad his default kit beyond 5* weapon kinda sucks. Unless you wanna give someone Blazing Light it looks like he's not much good for skill inheritance lol =3=

Edited by BANRYU

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Sometimes I'd do a GHB on my friend's account if she is busy or couldn't do it, and it feels significantly harder because her pool of units overall is a lot worse than mine.

Exactly my point when people say "That was easy".