Next Grand hero Battle: Xander

Michelaar

1 hour ago, RedEyedDrake said:

So...Why does Xander get the third tier of both of his passive Skill at 5*? How come one of them doesn't become available at 4* or higher like it does with every other hero that has access to two passive Skills that have tiers to them without Skill inheritance?

Its IS code of saying "You fucking pleb better promote Xander to 5* after we make this broken as shit unit alvailable for you"

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really appreciate mages in a map like this

Cleared in my main account with 4* Nino, 5* Tharja, 4* Olivia and 5* Sharena. First turn was Tharja dealing with sword guy on the right side, knocking him out after a Dance from Olivia. Xander came in and attacked Olivia, thankfully blocking Olivia from the lancer as she survives a Siegfried hit while Tharja deals with the green cavalier. Nino then deals with the lancer, thanks to Olivia and Sharena buffs, while Sharena finishes off the cleric and Xander.

On my second account I cleared Lunatic with 5* Reinhardt, 4* Olivia, 5* Lilina and 4* Nino. Similar strategy to the Tharja method, I used Lilina to deal with sword guy and bait the green cavalier. After Olivia's dance, I used Nino to Draw Back Olivia to safety. The cleric used Wings of Mercy to teleport to the right side, which made things a lot easier to deal with the left side choke point. Basically I used Reinhardt + Olivia to deal massage damage to Xander and then moving on the lancer (Nino helped with one attack). All that's left was the cleric which Lilina dealt with after a fully charged Rising Flame.

Thank goodness this map came later, I had a poor supply of mages if this was one month ago. Also at least they had the decency to give the green cavalier Gronnwolf so it's not as straightforward as putting Reinhardt/Ursula against Xander which took me by surprise at first.

Still very satisfying to beat it without Skill Inheritance

Edited by mcsilas

Reinhardt + Klein + 2 dancers = easy victory. Note that Reinhardt needs Death Blow and has to be boosted by Hone Attack* so it's probably not the most replicable strategy, but here it is for posterity. I also gave Klein the ATK+1 seal but haven't done the math to see if it actually matters.

*If you have +ATK Reinhardt with DB3, he doesn't need boosts since he just needs to achieve 49 ATK.

Turn 1 is just repositioning: Reinhardt hugs the right wall just out of enemy range, Dancer 1 sits behind him, Dancer 2 and Klein chill in the back.

Turn 2: Reinhardt snipes the red sword, gets danced, and draws Dancer 1 back out of safety. Dancer 2 (pref. Olivia for Hone Attack) sits below Reinhardt with Klein next to her.

Turn 2 enemy phase: Everyone moves in, creating a massive enemy chunk that goes (from top to bottom) - Green Cav, Xander, Lancer, with Troubadour to the left of the Lancer.

Turn 3: Reinhardt kills the Lancer, gets danced, kills Xander; Klein kills the healer, gets danced, and kills the Green Cav.

I imagine it can be tweaked a little for someone else to draw Dancer 1 back, provided Reinhardt gets to sit next to someone with Hone Attack for the next turn's kill.

Now to train up and 5* Xander so he can join Reinhardt on my Horse Emblem team. Although I beat that quest already

Took a level 12 3* Nino along just for Draw back. Had Ursula and Olivia deal with the blue soldier and Xander. Lilina dealt with the red soldier and the green cav mage in the same way Mcsilas did.

This post is largely for fiddling, but...

Spoiler

I wanted to test the whole 'recording' thing and produce proof that Lissa can survive Xander my strategy works. Provided, of course, you have my units, but considering Klein was counter-killing, I'd imagine he's fairly replaceable by a suitable unit. In fact, Robin looks like she could be replaced by Barst.

Edited by phineas81707
Typo.

I find it funny that they included Cordelia in this banner. Her title is Knight Paragon while Xander's is Paragon Knight.

The easiest GHB for me so far, but I think it has a lot to do with me having many more units available.

Ike, Soren, Ephraim and Olivia for a very predictable strat: send Ike to the right and let the swordie and the green mage suicide on him, the rest of the enemies advance, Soren weakens the lance while Ephraim finishes it off, gets danced to attack Xander, blocking his path, enemy turn, Xander gets healed but not enough to avoid dying to Ephraim's counterattack, next turn someone kills the healer.

Ike makes the battle so easy with his distant counter taking out two problematic units at once, but I have a Tharja who could have done pretty much the same thing, by killing the swordie outright instead of letting him attack.

Easiest GHB so far. Enemy positioning is good, but their stats are much less so.

Used Lucina-Spring, Ninian, Ryoma, and Nino. Lure the cavalier and sword fighter on turn 1, then clean up on turn 2.

Now my next issue is pulling Linde from the new banner...

Easy peasy, beat it on my first try. 5* Olwen w/LaD2 and Desperation(though that never triggered), 4* Gunter and Olivia, and 4* +1 Abel.

Turn 1: Olwen took out the lance dude, Olivia danced, then Olwen Repositioned Olivia to safety.

Turn 2: Olwen took out Xander and the Sword guy. Abel took out the green cavalier.

Turn 3: All that was left is the cleric. Abel took her out.

Did it with M!Robin, Julia, Reinhardt, and Ryoma, all 5* and Lv. 40. Granted, I've long since SId most of them (though my +ATK Reinhardt didn't have Death Blow yet).

3 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

So...Why does Xander get the third tier of both of his passive Skill at 5*? How come one of them doesn't become available at 4* or higher like it does with every other hero that has access to two passive Skills that have tiers to them without Skill inheritance?

I wonder if its worth it just combining both Xanders to save feathers when you promote him into 5 star? His current skills aren't exactly the most sought after, I feel you just want to get him to get wield Siegfried ASAP

Got him with 5*Julia, 5*Nowi, 5* Mist and Olivia after a lot of trying (this was actually tougher for me than Zephiel or Navarre for example). Mists +3Def/+3Res skill was really a life saver (and the fact that she could tank that sword dude because I goofed with positioning).

Did it with Eirika, MRobin (who took out Xander), Springcina and Lissa (All but Lissa 5* to be fair). Eirika had Fury that helped boost damage, Springcina initially took out the sword soldier and distracted the green mage (despite -Res) and M!Robin helped distract the lance solider, who he took out with Springcina near killing it (she couldn't 1-round, even with the Attack Seal). Lissa healed (Rehabilitate is great).

The closest I came before that, Eirika's Drag Back got Lissa killed by the green mage, who was the last unit left. I'm still annoyed at that mage.

I managed to complete it a few different ways now.

Including without a mage and dancer. (Eirika, Young Tiki, Minerva, Jeorge).

I also completed it without skill inheritance (Eirika, Young Tiki, Soren, Olivia).

It turns out Tiki, with her Growing Flame activation skill, one-shots Xander. I'm noticing a pattern, similar thing happened with Zephiel and Ursula's area damage skill. These Grand Hero Battle bosses seem to vulnerable to area damage skills that do a lot of damage to them before engaging in combat proper, thus sidestepping their skills and some of their stats.

I made a video showing a couple ways to do it (one with no skill inheritance), maybe it will be helpful to someone still working on it:

Didn't realize the Cleric had Hone Spd and tried to set up Corrin & Elise to double the Lance Fighter...luckily Corrin can eat an Ignis to the face. Dragons again, 'cause why not? TA Tiki ftw.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

As predicted, Distant counter sword made this map easy. Finished the map on the first try. This is probably the easiest GHB for me so far. 

Without that though, it us actually pretty challenging.

Mkv barely finished it with just 3 stars.

Edited by shadowofchaos

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Without that though, it us actually pretty hard.

Not for me lol

16 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Not sure If I mentioned my strat before, but here's the new one:

> Bring Azura

> Bring Nino

> Bring Olivia

> Bring Robin

> Win

Did exatly as I said, bring azura, bring Nino, bring Olivia, bring Robin.

Win

I won in 3 turns lol

As many others, I found this much easier than the other battles. Mainly because my default group which I took in to scout it out ended up being perfect. I have 5*Azura and 4* Nino, Eliwood, and Nowi. Eliwood and Nowi have triangle adept and Nino has Fury 3. Just used the classic nino/azura sing/drawback move to kill the lancer on the left side and move out of range, then everything was very straight forward. Azura and Nino killed Xander, Eliwood killed the mounted mage, and Nowi killed the Swordsman. I did mess up the first time and the swordsman managed to kill Nowi with Ignis, but that was easy to fix by letting him attack first. I think I could have even 3-manned it without bringing Nowi.

2 hours ago, Taim Meich said:

The easiest GHB for me so far, but I think it has a lot to do with me having many more units available.

Ike, Soren, Ephraim and Olivia for a very predictable strat: send Ike to the right and let the swordie and the green mage suicide on him, the rest of the enemies advance, Soren weakens the lance while Ephraim finishes it off, gets danced to attack Xander, blocking his path, enemy turn, Xander gets healed but not enough to avoid dying to Ephraim's counterattack, next turn someone kills the healer.

Ike makes the battle so easy with his distant counter taking out two problematic units at once, but I have a Tharja who could have done pretty much the same thing, by killing the swordie outright instead of letting him attack.

Had a little trouble myself so I stole your strategy more or less (with Nino instead of Soren and Sharena instead of Ephraim) which worked nicely, thanks.

First try with Marth/Sharena/Hector/Olivia didn't work out, but swapping out Marth for Lilina on my second try worked wonders. Lilina took out the sword fighter on the right with help from Olivia to get two hits in, then Sharena used Draw Back to get Olivia to safety. On the enemy phase, the green cavalier attacked Lilina and died to a Quick Riposte counter, which also let Lilina charge her Growing Flame and use it to one-shot Xander the next turn. From there, cleaning up the last two enemies was simple.

I beat it with 5* Sharena, *5 Kagero, 5* Anna, and, 5* Nino. 

With a single speed buff (from Anna she has Hone speed) Kagero can double and kill the sword unit, then kill the green tome on enemy phase.  After that it's pretty straightforward Nino or Anna kill Lance, Sharena kills the healer and weakens Xander on enemy phase and Nino finishes him off.

I swear Kagero is the solution to every single grand hero battle.  Except Narcian and possibly Zephiel though I probably should've used her there.

Edited by Locke087