FEH Channel (Livestream at 12:30 PM JP on 4/28)

Roflolxp54

Just now, XaosLogos said:

Do we know when the mage gauntlet will be?

I need it to be in a couple of weeks so that my wallet can recover from the monster banner.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be perfectly honest, I do think they should have at least given us a translated summary of the new upcoming features. Regardless of whether Golden Week is in Japan or in South Africa, the fact remains that all players will be affected by these new features, and there are probably some of us that are considering coughing up cash for this ridiculous new focus summon that's coming up. There's no need to have a whole translated video, because that's probably way more effort than its worth regarding hiring voice actors and stuff, but I do think they ought to at least inform us of the base details that will be occurring. Just a simple page with a bit of text is fine, as long we know what is about to happen. Game developers ought to inform all its players about upcoming game content, especially since FE:H uses the same server for all languages and it's not like players from other countries will be getting these new features any later. It's one thing if Japan had their own server and were the only ones affected, but we're getting affected too. Is it really that wrong for us to want the developers to care about us to some degree...? Golden Week is fine and all, and anything that doesn't affect our accounts can be left untranslated since there's no point, but I do wonder what I'd be doing without all the Reddit people coughing up the details for us...

Edited by Ryu Yuki

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I enjoy the game more when I do know them though. It can get me excited/hyped.

Why would I learn a whole language just for one game...? And besides, I actually looked into it awhile back, and I decided Japanese was too complicated and confusing to be worth my time, plus language learning software is crazy expensive.

Because it can make a person more well rounded? There is no easy language to learn.

Also, you're interested in a Japanese video game series, not just this game. You don't have to learn the whole language, but if you really want to know, it is much easier to learn than ここでタップをしてください means 'Tap here' then force a Japanese company to change its business practices...... believe me.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually learnt Japanese just because of one game lmao. I didn't use any software or take any classes, just through exposure and a dictionary.

I honestly agree that information should be handed out to non-Japanese speakers as well, though. Japanese ethnocentrism is very strong, but it's hard to call it a good excuse to ignore the rest of the world in this day and age.

Well I live on the opposite side of the planet from Japan, so exposure is kind of impossible for me... And where would I find a Japanese dictionary around here?

And yeah, exactly!

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

What about it isn't the best business strategy?

This is all about hype for the Japanese. They're all off for said week. While everyone else it's just another week.

It's a golden week celebration banner amd event. Everyone gets a banner worldwide. Golden Week and Omikuji isn't exactly a widespread thing everywhere else. Why would they care? They'd only care about orbs and feathers.

Still, Nintendo didn't even do a good job of communicating what was happening (plus, I most of it doesn't even look to be related to the holiday i.e. Xander, the Awakening maps, the gauntlet, probably the ranking system too). I mean, I got an email to a Japanese video from Nintendo. If they're going to email everyone they should at least provide some translation.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well I live on the opposite side of the planet from Japan, so exposure is kind of impossible for me... And where would I find a Japanese dictionary around here?

And yeah, exactly!

You can still look online for Japanese media to read and listen to. Anime is a serviceable source if you're into that. There are online dictionaries out there, too; I just happened to have a physical one at the time.

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

To be perfectly honest, I do think they should have at least given as a translated summary of the new upcoming features. Regardless of whether Golden Week is in Japan or in South Africa, the fact remains that all players will be affected by these new features, and there are probably some of us that are considering coughing up cash for this ridiculous new focus summon that's coming up. There's no need to have a whole translated video, because that's probably way more effort than its worth regarding hiring voice actors and stuff, but I do think they ought to at least inform us of the base details that will be occurring. Just a simple page with a bit of text is fine, as long we know what is about to happen. Game developers ought to inform all its players about upcoming game content, especially since FE:H uses the same server for all languages and it's not like players from the countries will be getting these new features any later. It's one if Japan had their own server and this only affected, but we're getting affected too. Is it really that wrong for us to want the developers to care about us to some degree...? Golden Week is fine and all, and anything that doesn't affect our accounts can be left untranslated since there's no point, but I do wonder what I'd be doing without all the Reddit people coughing up the details for us...

Yeah, I'd be fine with just text and all. It's not hard to make a Facebook page or something. So yeah, this post 100%.

2 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

FE will always forever be priotize for obviously in JP before any other region always have been always will be this isn't new even Pokemon with alot of special things again obvious.

Prioritizing is one thing. Virtually ignoring other playerbases completely is another.

What's this shitter already? A fuss because it wasn't translated? If this was a stream for jp only, then why don't you simply look details on internet or something? This wasn't even a world wide fire emblem heroes direct, so.

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I need it to be in a couple of weeks so that my wallet can recover from the monster banner.

Same here. I'd love to get Tharja or Linde. At least I have my green mage covered with Soren.

I'd rather spend on the mage banner than the golden week one to be honest, I'm more in need of mages. Knowing when would be nice so I can know how to distribute my orb spending across the two banners.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You can still look online for Japanese media to read and listen to. Anime is a serviceable source if you're into that. There are online dictionaries out there, too; I just happened to have a physical one at the time.

Hm, okay. Sounds like that could work. But it's really late for me now and I should get some sleep. So maybe tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

What's this shitter already? A fuss because it wasn't translated? If this was a stream for jp only, then why don't you simply look details on internet or something? This wasn't even a world wide fire emblem heroes direct, so.

I suppose asking for a game company to communicate well with international audiences (read: just release a simple translated announcement) is too much to ask for...

Just now, XaosLogos said:

I suppose asking for a game company to communicate well with international audiences (read: just release a simple translated announcement) is too much to ask for...

There are nicer ways to express that sentiment than whining and insulting the Japanese.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And yeah, exactly!

I'm currently trying to learn Japanese with self study and started by learning Hiragana/Katakana through youtube and other easy to find sources, and then bought Genki (the textbook + the workbook and imported the japanese-only answerbook(still usable and helpful) from Japan, it's basically a college grade textbook, but works perfectly well studying alone) and it's going alright so far a couple months in. Lapses of laziness are the biggest barrier, lol. You can find plenty of other Japanese language learning books and dictionaries at like Barns & Noble or Amazon.

And sorry for contributing to being off topic.

Edited by Alkaid

Just now, Sunwoo said:

There are nicer ways to express that sentiment than whining and insulting the Japanese.

I agree, but who here is actually insulting them?

1 minute ago, XaosLogos said:

Same here. I'd love to get Tharja or Linde. At least I have my green mage covered with Soren.

I'd rather spend on the mage banner than the golden week one to be honest, I'm more in need of mages. Knowing when would be nice so I can know how to distribute my orb spending across the two banners.

All I know is that I want Hector and Ryoma from the golden week banner and at least Julia from the mage banner, though I wouldn't say no to another Linde or Sanaki (and I guess I could sacrifice Tharja to Leo for Raudhrblade+)

4 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Because it can make a person more well rounded? There is no easy language to learn.

It depends on the language, the person, and the age. 

Having learned English and Portuguese, there is a big difference in knowing the basics and having a deeper knowledge of the language. 

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I'm currently trying to learn Japanese with self study and started by learning Hiragana/Katakana through youtube and other easy to find sources, and then bought Genki (the textbook + the workbook and imported the japanese-only answerbook(still usable and helpful) from Japan, it's basically a college grade textbook, but works perfectly well studying alone) and it's going alright so far a couple months in. Lapses of laziness are the biggest barrier, lol. You can find plenty of other Japanese language learning books and dictionaries at like Barns & Noble or Amazon.

Yeah...sounds helpful, but also a lot of money. Textbooks are always expensive. I'm not trying to make up excuses or anything, I swear, but I AM unemployed since I moved and I'm going back to school. So...I kind of need the money I have right now. I have spent on a few games, but not much and that's really as far as I'd like to go right now.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'd be fine with just text and all. It's not hard to make a Facebook page or something. So yeah, this post 100%.

Prioritizing is one thing. Virtually ignoring other playerbases completely is another.

For once, I'm pretty much on your side. International players do play the game and some of them whale really hard, so I do think it's rather unfair that they can't be bothered to give us a simple text page with a few bullet points describing upcoming game features. I would forgive them if they simply planned on doing it later, but from what I understand, we're getting this crazy focus summon a whopping 2 hours later, which is like super soon. A heads-up would have been nice, really. An announcement after the fact loses its meaning. I know Golden Week is a Japanese holiday, but FE:H is an international game with an international audience. We play it and some of us pay for it. A lot. Something this major should not be quietly passing us imo.

4 minutes ago, XaosLogos said:

This pretty much sums up my feelings on this.