Wedding Banner Speculation

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn is a staff user. Another character got to use bows instead of her.

-grabs the popcorn-

I want to film this salt between that and the all female roster. 

Edited by TheNiddo

I might drop some orbs for Charlotte just for the novelty of it.  She's hilarious.

Don't really care about brides though, I didn't expect grooms but it could've been cool.  

I think the best thing about this is that characters like Caeda and Charlotte can even GET alt versions.  Sure they aren't unpopular by any means but there are many others they could've chosen. Gives me hope for future events.

No grooms is an odd and unfortunate choice, as is a lack of any characters with new weapon/movement type combinations like Spring Camilla. I'm also in the camp of not liking healers and not particularly liking any non-Lyn characters here (especially Charlotte), so I might have to pass.

Does anyone have info on the new skills? Looks like Caeda has Atk/Res +2 and Charlotte has Wind Boost (Speed version of Boey's skill) but I'm not sure about any of the weapons.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

-grabs the popcorn-

Lyn does seem like a strange choice for a healer.  Maybe they plan on giving Lyn's cyl version a bow.

i really like caeda and lyn but at the same time... their designs are part of the reason I like them so i'm not sure if this'll interest me

it'll probably be easier for me to decide if I want them once we see the english version, so I can hear their voices too. since that annoyingly high pitched lyn voice is kinda an instant turn off for me

although on the other hand, that cupid bow looks pretty cute, so I might try to get cordelia just to give it to someone else. problem is, none of the archers I really like are in the game yet. maybe i'll keep it saved for when they add wil or shinon or something. cupid bow shinon sounds like a good idea

same with the flowers, but so far there aren't many blue tomes I like and I'd probably keep caeda if I got her

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Lyn does seem like a strange choice for a healer.  Maybe they plan on giving Lyn's cyl version a bow.

Faye took her bow.

I love how Caeda's tome is pretty much Catch the Bouquet. (The bouquet drops on top of the enemy)

@shadowofchaos That "Please Be Happy" line makes sense because of that. All her opponents will get married soon... while also dying in pain. XD

#Marth4GroomBanner

But in all seriousness. I don't expect a groom banner. June Brides and primarily Japanese game after all.

And what did I say about all this BS with "canon vs noncanon" pairing possibilities?

Edited by shadowofchaos

6 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

-grabs the popcorn-

I actually thought it was a sword from the artwork and stopped watching.

Anyway, yeah, so many downers. Besides, this just means they can do an all groom banner later.

The weirdest thing is that they could have just kept Caeda and/or Cordelia as fliers and bam, more new flier types for people to get excited about. But nope.

I'm calling that they're saving Lyn's bow for her CYL outfit. Staff is a bit disappointing due to how meh they are in the meta right now, but w/e

Charlotte, though.

I thought I wasn't gonna pull but I might spare a couple orbs for her.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

And what did I say about all this BS with "canon vs noncanon" pairing possibilities?

Yeah I started to think they might not have grooms when it become obvious one of the brides was Lyn.  I doubt they'd give her a canon partner so it was either no grooms, or brides and grooms from different games.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

No grooms is an odd and unfortunate choice, as is a lack of any characters with new weapon/movement type combinations like Spring Camilla. I'm also in the camp of not liking healers and not particularly liking any non-Lyn characters here (especially Charlotte), so I might have to pass.

Does anyone have info on the new skills? Looks like Caeda has Atk/Res +2 and Charlotte has Wind Boost (Speed version of Boey's skill) but I'm not sure about any of the weapons.

Weapons:

Caeda's, Charlotte's, and  Cordellia's weapon have the same effect: "When initiating combat, allies within 2 spaces of her gain +2 DEF and Res after combat."

Lyn's weapon inflicts the enemy with "unable to counterattack" debuff, her special grants all allies +4 SPD, and one of her B skill is "enemy cannot counterattack"

20 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Anyways, I can see why most of these were chosen, but why Lyn?

Is it really that hard to believe she's that popular dude?

17 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

I'm surprised they did Charlotte before putting her regular version in.  I know they kind of did it with Xander, but even though you couldn't obtain him normal Xander was at least still in the game before Spring Xander.  

Also a little surprised that there's no groom versions of popular guys.

Just like her husband :3

HAHA! Jumping on the bandwagon of hypocrisy

20 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Time to grab popcorn

Mind if I put some butter & salt?

Damn, they made Lyn a staff user. Those IS knew exactly what they were doing!

I can imagine exactly what their laughter sounds like.....

Edited by Zangetsu

The weirdest thing is that they could have just kept Caeda and/or Cordelia as fliers and bam, more new flier types for people to get excited about. But nope.

It's hard to wear a big poofy dress and be mounted.  It's actually one of the main reasons men started wearing pants exclusively.

I personally didn't expect anything groundbreaking in regards to gameplay with a June bride banner.

no grooms i'm rolling in salt

i read blue tome Shiida and Bow Cordelia and thought they'd be fliers so YEEEAA but then awww... dangit. hmmm. HMM. i hate that i'm not too attached to any of these characters. i kind of like Lyn but i wish she had a bow. but yeah that'll probably be CYL. 

4 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Weapons:

Caeda's, Charlotte's, and  Cordellia's weapon have the same effect: "When initiating combat, allies within 2 spaces of her gain +2 DEF and Res after combat."

Lyn's weapon inflicts the enemy with "unable to counterattack" debuff, her special grants all allies +4 SPD, and one of her B skill is "enemy cannot counterattack"

Isn't Wrathful Staff a B skill?  So you can't both have a Staff that does worthwhile damage and prevents counterattack?

6 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Weapons:

Interesting. And it looks like Cordelia's non-weapon new skill is her assist, which seems to be Rally Atk+Spd. Which is good for a Rally skill, I guess.

Anyway, time to throw my 20 orbs at the Celica banner while I still can.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is it really that hard to believe she's that popular dude?

No, but the others really fit. The romantic, the hopeless romantic, and the gold digger. Don't get me wrong, I like Lyn here just fine, it just doesn't fit the theme...then again Xander stuck out in the Spring banner.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't Wrathful Staff a B skill?  So you can't both have a Staff that does worthwhile damage and prevents counterattack?

Correct