Wedding Banner Speculation

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caeda's tome is hilarious and Cordelia looks so beautiful. Charlotte, though. That killer smile. Also, kind of gruesome how she's stabbing people with a spoon of all things. Still appropriate since she's a gold digger. Lyn with a candle as a healer is a bit weird, though. It could have been a regular staff with a heart shape or something. I want both regular and bride Caeda and Cordelia now and Charlotte would be cool. Not sure on bride Lyn.

But, for practicality's sake, none of them being red mages is a problem. I was banking on the datamine showing fire effects that a red mage would appear since it'd be nice to have a fast or very hard-hitting red mage who isn't limited by their tome -- can't really give Raigh anything when I only have Sophia as my alternative. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Do I risk summoning for Celica again or hope that a red mage appears in a future summon?

Also, a shame that Eirika wasn't one of the brides and it would have been interesting if Lyn's bridal outfit was somehow "Sacaen-like". No surprise Izana to be the priest who pronounces everyone as being married too, but hey, surprise Charlotte is here! :p

And here's the english version:

Rally Atk/Spd on Cordelia looks interesting. Also love how fitting Charlotte's skills are.

Edited by Falcom

18 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

The only character I'm really a fan of in this banner is Lyn but they made it her a healer.  :mellow:  I'll still probably try to pull for one because they're limited time.

I know, right?  Ugh, a freaking healer.  I already have Priscilla and Lachesis as 5-star healers, and Lyn isn't even on a horse.  And I still have zero Wrathful Staff fodder.  At least I don't have to pull blue again... I guess?  Really took the wind out of my sails with this.

11 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm calling that they're saving Lyn's bow for her CYL outfit. Staff is a bit disappointing due to how meh they are in the meta right now, but w/e

They pretty much have to be.

11 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Weapons:

Caeda's, Charlotte's, and  Cordellia's weapon have the same effect: "When initiating combat, allies within 2 spaces of her gain +2 DEF and Res after combat."

Lyn's weapon inflicts the enemy with "unable to counterattack" debuff, her special grants all allies +4 SPD, and one of her B skill is "enemy cannot counterattack"

Cannot counterattack like the Sweep bow/skills, or cannot counterattack/follow up like breaker skills?

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

No, but the others really fit. The romantic, the hopeless romantic, and the gold digger. Don't get me wrong, I like Lyn here just fine, it just doesn't fit the theme...then again Xander stuck out in the Spring banner.

Yes.......that was a thing.

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Heh, and you people were all worried that they would "canonize" pairings.

IKR?

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

my Lyn x Cordelia pairing just became canon time to pop some champagne.

It'll never as good as Lyn x Lucina! Your champagne is a lie!

Just now, Zangetsu said:

It'll never as good as Lyn x Lucina! Your champagne is a lie!

but Lucina isn't in the banner, take that! no canon pairing for u! ok you're right it's not champagne it's vodka.

Charlotte would fun to pull due to the fact that we don't have Charlotte in the game yet. Same artist as Lloyd.  Dazzling Staff...well, it's an interesting set-up for a Staff-heavy party. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Wow, they're starting to power creep.  Check out Cordelia's assist skill.  Rally Attack/Speed.  +3 to both.  Though trade off is that it doesn't seem to last through the enemy's turn, but for a Blade tome user that probably doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, GinRei said:

Cannot counterattack like the Sweep bow/skills, or cannot counterattack/follow up like breaker skills?

Yeah like the sweep bow/skills

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

No, but the others really fit. The romantic, the hopeless romantic, and the gold digger. Don't get me wrong, I like Lyn here just fine, it just doesn't fit the theme...then again Xander stuck out in the Spring banner.

well, judging by what she says in the trailer, she works in the same way that xander did

2 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Yeah like the sweep bow/skills

Depending on her stats, that'd be really good with a Wrathful Staff.  Of course, if her stats AREN'T good or you don't have Wrathful Staff...

3 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Wow, they're starting to power creep.  Check out Cordelia's assist skill.  Rally Attack/Speed.  +3 to both.  Though trade off is that it doesn't seem to last through the enemy's turn, but for a Blade tome user that probably doesn't matter.

I'm legitimately considering pulling for Cordelia (B) now. Lilina's currently using Rally Attack- Rally Attack/Speed might increase that potency.

Note, however, that she is the bearer of the Hone Speed aura.

So who was the girl on the right in the silhouettes?

4 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

but Lucina isn't in the banner, take that! no canon pairing for u! ok you're right it's not champagne it's vodka.

Quiet u there's always Spring-Lucy anyways. Crap, I just remember I don't have Spring Lucy! NNNOOOOO!!!! Plz pass the vodka?

3 minutes ago, GinRei said:

This started with the spring banner, actually, with Chrom's Atk/Def +2 and Lucina's Swift Sparrow (Death Blow 2 + Darting Blow 2). Then Mist continued it with Spur Def/Res. In addition to Cordelia's special Rally, we now have Atk/Res +2 on Caeda, and I'm sure there are a lot more like that to come. "Stat+", Rally, Blow, and Spur all have six possible two-stat combinations, and I'm sure we'll see other skills get the same treatment like Hone/Fortify and Seal.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm legitimately considering pulling for Cordelia (B) now. Lilina's currently using Rally Attack- Rally Attack/Speed might increase that potency.

Note, however, that she is the bearer of the Hone Speed aura.

So who was the girl on the right in the silhouettes?

I'm pretty sure it was Charlotte since she has the giant spoon.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

This started with the spring banner, actually, with Chrom's Atk/Def +2 and Lucina's Swift Sparrow (Death Blow 2 + Darting Blow 2). Then Mist continued it with Spur Def/Res. In addition to Cordelia's special Rally, we now have Atk/Res +2 on Caeda, and I'm sure there are a lot more like that to come. "Stat+", Rally, Blow, and Spur all have six possible two-stat combinations, and I'm sure we'll see other skills get the same treatment like Hone/Fortify and Seal.

I gave those a pass because not many builds used the non-Fury +stat skills, Blow skills that weren't +6, or Spurs.  It felt like they were just trying to diversify enough to get that play style used.

This, however, is a thing that's already highly used (Rallies).

Kind of disappointed that Bride Lyn's a staff user but I may as well pull for her anyways. inb4 mahou shoujo jokes and Star Rod Kirby jokes.

May end up getting Bride Cordelia as well due to her being a bow user. May try and get Caeda as well. Not a fan of Bride Charlotte.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Ah Charlotte!! She is a surprise, or maybe not at all? Cipher called for bride Charlotte anyway haha.

But is sad there are no boys here! i wanted Camus Awww is not fair, where are our boys? Well, no wait, but adding boys then could start more shipping comments from fans, maybe it was the best for only adding girls.

Wow, no grooms? Seriously? That's really lame. Charlotte is also a lame choice, imo. I never liked her at all.

I'll probably pass on this banner because of this. I don't even like the dresses either. They look too much like the silly Awakening Bride gown.

Though since I like Cordelia and only have one 5 star archer, she is rather tempting.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

Lyn is my favorate strategically just because I've grown to hate seeing vantage takumi everywhere.

Her skills would definitely be useful against Vantage users. 

Edited by Lord-Zero