New Banner - Echoes of Mystery (6/14)

Anacybele

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

is there any FE game where we didn't get to kill a dragon? Original Gaiden comes to mind, but since Echoes made Duma a dragon that doesn't count. 

Right, Thracia, but technically just because it's a spin off. 

i mean, you don't reeeaally kill dragons in fe4

you kill a guy possessed by one, and people riding them, but you never really directly kill a dragon or a dragon person

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

is there any FE game where we didn't get to kill a dragon? Original Gaiden comes to mind, but since Echoes made Duma a dragon that doesn't count. 

Right, Thracia, but technically just because it's a spin off. 

I mean the one where you didn't specifically kill a Dragonkind is 4 and 5. 9 and 10 idk if DLaguz counts but isn't 9 absent from them. 14 CQ didn't really have one as well.

But still FE12 and FE3 is unique special snowflakes because the dragons had variety and common enemies. Also not a Manakete unlike FE6!

Its an Actual Flying Fire Ice And Earth Dragons

And thats AWESOME in all caps

19 minutes ago, JSND said:

9 and 10 idk if DLaguz counts but isn't 9 absent from them.

Spoiler

There are fightable dragon laguz in Izuka’s tower and Ashnard’s castle. And also Ena.

More Archanea instead of Magvel who is better imo, and has far fewer characters? Booooring. Way to shaft a good game, IS.

Saving my orbs again. Don't care to get any of these. Though if Athena becomes 4 star after this ends, I might want to pull her to give Sturdy Blow to Frederick in place of Armored Blow.

Updated the OP like I said. Please ignore the other thread, as it was made long after mine and I've requested that it be locked.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

More Archanea instead of Magvel who is better imo, and has far fewer characters? Booooring. Way to shaft a good game, IS.

Saying "imo" doesn't really make it a good point to use in an argument. :P

And if we're being technical, this is the first instance of new Archanea characters since launch. :P I'd prefer Magvel too, but ehh, no big deal. :P

12 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Saying "imo" doesn't really make it a good point to use in an argument. :P

And if we're being technical, this is the first instance of new Archanea characters since launch. :P I'd prefer Magvel too, but ehh, no big deal. :P

That is true, but we still only have two Magvel characters while Archanea has more. There was a shorter timeframe between Sanaki making Tellius's debut and Ike and his gang entering. Though Ike IS very popular. Magvel still has popular characters waiting too though, like Joshua and Lute.

Still, you are right.

Oh yeah, is it just me, or does Luke look exactly like Draug, only on a horse? I swear, I thought we were getting another Draug for a second.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That is true, but we still only have two Magvel characters while Archanea has more.

Oh yeah, is it just me, or does Luke look exactly like Draug, only on a horse? I swear, I thought we were getting another Draug for a second.

Well, we technically used to have only one Mystery-exclusive character in Sheena. Now there are four.

Yes, they do look pretty similar. Both have blue armour and green hair cut in the same way. 

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Well, we technically used to have only one Mystery-exclusive character in Sheena. Now there are four.

Yes, they do look pretty similar. Both have blue armour and green hair cut in the same way. 

They look like they could be identical twin brothers, seriously... What was IS thinking with Luke's design? xP

Yeah, but didn't the other Archanea characters also appear in the game?

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

History repeats itself with you it seems.

Again, you have learned nothing from the Blazing Sword banner. The "imo" for being respectful means nothing if you make a statement like that right after.

As for the actual banner, the only one that catches my interest is Katarina.

However, I think I will be passing on this banner. The bride banner and tempest trial orbs got me down to 30 ever since maxing out my storage.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Again, you have learned nothing from the Blazing Sword banner.

As for the actual banner, the only one that catches my interest is Katarina.

However, I think I will be passing on this banner. The bride banner and tempest trial orbs got me down to 30 ever since maxing out my storage.

...You call me out for deciding to pass on this banner, and then pass on it yourself? Wtf? This is blatant hypocrisy, you know.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They look like they could be identical twin brothers, seriously... What was IS thinking with Luke's design? xP

Yeah, but didn't the other Archanea characters also appear in the game?

No idea, lol. Then they will reuse Luke’s design for Genealogy’s Lex (albeit with blue hair and axes), and his design for Hector.
IS works in mysterious ways (pun sort of intended).

Hence Mystery-exclusive. Sheena didn’t exist in Shadow Dragon, and neither did the 7th Platoon.

Edited by Vaximillian

No idea who these characters are, so I guess I get to save my orbs finally.

There is some cool skill fodder though. The Panic C skill and more holders of Swift Sparrow and Wo Dao is pretty sweet. Rally Def/Res is pretty cool to make Eirika/Ephraim and even more godly buffbot if you don't want to run the Fortify Res 1 seal on them.

And I'm sorry, but somebody really needs to tell that Eliwood/Athena artist that those eyes are just not good.

Out of these I think I like Katarina best, and Athena is pretty cool too, save for those eyes. If Athena actually has good stats she could be pretty crazy with that default kit.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Again, you have learned nothing from the Blazing Sword banner.

Why would you say this?

It is not only rude, but I don't even get your point.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...You call me out for deciding to pass on this banner, and then pass on it yourself? Wtf? This is blatant hypocrisy, you know.

That isn't hypocrisy.

I never called it boring. I never talked bad about it. I like Luke and Rodin.

You tend to make a lot of assumptions about people. Passing on the banner =/= your statements =/= hypocrisy

Ana, you have talked bad about every banner except ones where you had characters you liked.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

No idea, lol. Then they will reuse Luke’s design for Genealogy’s Lex (albeit with blue hair), and his design for Hector. IS works in mysterious ways (pun sort of intended).

Hence Mystery-exclusive. Sheena didn’t exist in Shadow Dragon, and neither did the 7th Platoon.

Wow, that Draug must have some extremely broad shoulders. His face also looks lol chubby. But yeah, mysterious ways indeed. xP

@shadowofchaos Uh, no I haven't? The FE7 banner is the only one I recall saying anything horrible about unless you count me calling this new banner boring. And so fucking what if I don't like a banner? There is nothing wrong with that. Why are you trying to force me to like every banner?

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Also is Panic Ploy the answer to horse/flier emblem and blade tome teams? :O

It depends on how Panic Ploy works. If Panic Ploy only inflicts Panic, it does virtually nothing against Litrblade.

What Panic does, as far as my testing tells me, is make your +x bonuses inflict -x (not yet tested if it stacks with actual -x debuffs), but they still count as bonuses and therefore still add to Litrblade and cannot be reversed by Harsh Command (because they're bonuses).

So a Litrblade with +4/4/4/4 normally has an effective +20/4/4/4, but a Panicked Litrblade with +4/4/4/4 still has an effective +12/-4/-4/-4.

I'll of course test again (need to find some more opponents with Panic to beat on my Litrblades) just to make sure, but this is what I remember.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Why would you say this?

It is not only rude, but I don't even get your point.

"Way to shaft a good game IS".

There is no requirement to talk crap about a banner simply because nothing interests her.

Her inexperience with gacha games and impatience with her loud "boooring" on every single banner she doesn't like is repetative and inconsiderate of others who happen to you know... LIKE new mystery.

Like the people on the last page.

Edited by shadowofchaos

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It depends on how Panic Ploy works. If Panic Ploy only inflicts Panic, it does virtually nothing against Litrblade.

What Panic does, as far as my testing tells me, is make your +x bonuses inflict -x (not yet tested if it stacks with actual -x debuffs), but they still count as bonuses and therefore still add to Litrblade and cannot be reversed by Harsh Command (because they're bonuses).

So a Litrblade with +4/4/4/4 normally has an effective +20/4/4/4, but a Panicked Litrblade with +4/4/4/4 still has an effective +12/-4/-4/-4.

I'll of course test again (need to find some more opponents with Panic to beat on my Litrblades) just to make sure, but this is what I remember.

Huh. I actually did not know about that.

I'm not sure why, but I always had the idea that Panic converted bonuses to penalties. I'm interested to know the results of your testing later. 

The banner looks nice, but I do have one issue with it. It's supposed to be celebrating New Mystery, but only one of the characters is exclusive to New Mystery. You could throw Luke and Rodrick into regular Mystery and nothing would change. Athena is an odd choice to because she first appears in Shadow Dragon, not New Mystery.

I would have liked to see some of the villainous characters that were exclusive to New Mystery (in the banner, not just in the paralogue). Maybe a male/female Kris (we got males and females of every other Avatar, so why not). If they really wanted to stretch it, they could throw in some of the Broadcast Satellite characters that made their first proper appearance in New Mystery. But unfortunately, they probably won't see the light of day because hardly anyone knows where they originated from…

Overall, the banner looks great, but I feel like it's also a missed opportunity.

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

"Way to shaft a good game IS".

There is no requirement to talk crap about a banner simply because nothing interests her.

Her inexperience with gacha games and impatience with her loud "boooring" on every single banner she doesn't like is repetative and inconsiderate of others who happen to you know... LIKE new mystery.

How am I being inconsiderate of anyone? I never specifically mentioned anyone that likes New Mystery or FE7. So how did I ever insult them? Am I supposed to say "oh, I'm so happy for the ____ fans!" or something? I don't need to sugarcoat disappointment. Obviously, I shouldn't be an ass either, but simply thinking a banner is boring and that another game got shafted is not being an ass.

And I didn't say every single banner was boring or anything. You're seriously making WAY too big a deal out of this and making it look like a bigger issue than it is. You're also the only person taking issue with this at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Hm, don't know if I should pull from this banner or not. Already have a 5* Camus so I'm set for bonus characters, but Mystery is my favorite game and I could use some more 5* Reds. Hrm....

8 hours ago, Pin4apple said:

Echoes of mystery...

Is it just me to does that title seems a bit interesting to any of you?

Like the next Fire Emblem Echoes game or something like that?

8 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well, Katarina and Legion seem to be involved and they're reclusive to New Mystery, which was a remake like Shadows of Valentia was.

No meaning in that.

新なる紋章の世界

"New World of the Emblem"

Specifically referring to the remake where Katarina is.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Was expecting a Magvel banner, but part of me was really hoping for another Tellius banner. Oh well guess I'll continue saving orbs up then.