New Banner - Echoes of Mystery (6/14)

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Do we get to know her real name? I want to know what they localised it as.

Nah, she doesn't say anything about her real name in text. Dunno about the voice clips though.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

One thing that's been bothering me and isn't a fault of the voice acting is Athena's accent. I get that she's supposed to be a foreigner who's not great at the language everyone else speaks, and I get that a German accent is probably the only foreign accent in English that you can get away with using without sounding like you're making fun of people who have that accent, but it just feels weird to me.

Well, that’s what they have chosen for her in Shadow Dragon, and here we are.

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, that’s what they have chosen for her in Shadow Dragon, and here we are.

That was directed at the localization team for FE11, not the localization team for Heroes. As in: That's been bothering me for as long as FE11 has been out in the North America, and now that she's in Heroes, I've been reminded of that fact.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Do we get to know her real name? I want to know what they localised it as.

EDIT: I read it and no, we don’t get to know her real name.

Well, well. Katarina's real name is Reese according to the paralogue dialogue.

Looks like some of the stats are out.

Athena:

5Icon Rarity 5.png 33/36/40  28/31/34  35/38/41  24/27/31  21/24/28

Looks pretty good. Low attack but fast, and Sturdy Blow kind of makes up for the low attack. Moonbow + Wo Dao is quite a good combo for her.

Also pretty solid defences. So she's fast attacker, but has decent defences too. More of an all around unit.

Maybe Fury would be good on her even though Sturdy Blow is solid, that +3 speed could let her double a few more units. Or, she would go great with a speed buffer.

Katarina:

5Icon Rarity 5.png 31/34/37   29/32/35   31/34/37  12/15/19   29/32/35

Low attack, decent speed, very low defense, high resistance.

Swift Sparrow effectively gives her +4spd/attack on player phase, if you keep her Owl tome she could probably get 2 or 4 more of those.

So that gives her up to 52 attack and 42 speed at neutral (in best case scenario with the owl effect, likely 2-4 points lower). Not bad!

Tharja and Celica are still better though, but Katarina seems good.

I'd rather go for Tharja than Katarina though if I wanted a red mage, both are currently focus units.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

7 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

snip

Katarina has the same attack and speed as Tharja, with the only difference being that Tharja has more HP and def while Kat has considerably more res. As such, I'm not sure exactly where you're getting the idea that "Tharja and Celica are still better". Unless you're referring only to base skill sets and not taking skill inheritance into consideration? In which case, yes I'd agree that vanilla Tharja and Celica are better than vanilla Katarina. 

13 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Have we reached a concensus on which unit worth pulling for in this banner? I'm torn between getting a new bonus unit and getting Reinhardt.

It's hard to be too specific on this one. If you pull reds, you have about a 10% chance of getting a 5*, which is great, although I'd say Roderick has the most exciting skill lineup and he's blue.

Reinhardt is great, though, so if you want him and don't have one already, that could also be useful. Not having a bonus unit is annoying, though. I ended up putting my feathers to upgrading the Askr trio so I wouldn't have to worry about that, although it's a lot of feathers. (Still need to do Alfonse, but I have the feathers for him by now. Not in a rush because I'm using all my stamina on Tempest Trials anyway.)

17 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Have we reached a concensus on which unit worth pulling for in this banner? I'm torn between getting a new bonus unit and getting Reinhardt.

Katarina has the same offensive stats as Tharja, but comes with massive Res instead of balanced defenses. Attack Ploy works well with her high Res, and Swift Sparrow is good for Skill Inheritance.

Roderick is most notable for Rally Def/Res, which lets Eirika and Ephraim run a different Sacred Seal, and Drive Def. He's also a pretty solid unit with his default kit.

Athena is another chance at a Wo Dao. Her stats are almost identical to Navarre's (with +1 Spd and access to non-neutral natures), and she has a great default kit with the combination of Wo Dao and Moonbow.

Luke has the best counter to buff teams this game has to offer in Panic Ploy, which applies the Panic debuff to every unit in the same row and column that has less HP at turn start.

Compare with Reinhardt, the God of the New World.

So my Katarina is -Res. And I've been seeing so many people talk about strategies for her. And it's making me feel sad but I'm gonna stick with the one I have. So I've been wondering. After I checked up on her final stats, -Res puts her at 29. Is Atk Ploy worth it at this point? I can't really do much about it unless I swap out Swift Sparrow. She is +Spd however. So I can turn her into my 4th mage glass canon by sticking Life and Death, putting her at 41 Spd.

For those who have Katarina (specifically -Res), what skills are you planning to have her inherit?

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Katarina has the same offensive stats as Tharja, but comes with massive Res instead of balanced defenses. Attack Ploy works well with her high Res, and Swift Sparrow is good for Skill Inheritance.

Roderick is most notable for Rally Def/Res, which lets Eirika and Ephraim run a different Sacred Seal, and Drive Def. He's also a pretty solid unit with his default kit.

Athena is another chance at a Wo Dao. Her stats are almost identical to Navarre's (with +1 Spd and access to non-neutral natures), and she has a great default kit with the combination of Wo Dao and Moonbow.

Luke has the best counter to buff teams this game has to offer in Panic Ploy, which applies the Panic debuff to every unit in the same row and column that has less HP at turn start.

Agreed that none of them have quite the impact as the OHKO King. But rather than Wo Dao+ fodder I'm liking Athena's stat distributions. The DEF is kind of absurd considering she seems like she should be really squishy but she's pretty... well.. "sturdy".

I'm keeping her, she's my first *5 Sword and she's just as powerful as Lyn based on the stats, but I'm still going to ask the two questions. 1. Who wants a Wo Dao+, 2. Who uses it BETTER than her or Karel?

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I'm keeping her, she's my first *5 Sword and she's just as powerful as Lyn based on the stats, but I'm still going to ask the two questions. 1. Who wants a Wo Dao+, 2. Who uses it BETTER than her or Karel?

Literally every fast sword (that doesn't die to a counterattack) or Quick Riposte sword can put a Wo Dao+ to use because the combination of Wo Dao+ and Moonbow always hits harder than Killing Edge+ and a 3-charge special (unless your opponent has really low Def, in which case they're probably dead regardless).

Anyone who doesn't want a Brave Sword+, a Ruby Sword+, or an exclusive weapon probably wants a Wo Dao+ equally, so it basically just comes down to which characters you like more.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Literally every fast sword (that doesn't die to a counterattack) or Quick Riposte sword can put a Wo Dao+ to use because the combination of Wo Dao+ and Moonbow always hits harder than Killing Edge+ and a 3-charge special (unless your opponent has really low Def, in which case they're probably dead regardless).

Anyone who doesn't want a Brave Sword+, a Ruby Sword+, or an exclusive weapon probably wants a Wo Dao+ equally, so it basically just comes down to which characters you like more.

So... Ogma, Fir, Selena, Laslow, Navarre, Braug and notably, Lon Qu. None of whom I particularly like more than Athena (Except maybe Fir, but that ATK...) so we're good here I think.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... Ogma, Fir, Selena, Laslow, Navarre, Braug and notably, Lon Qu. None of whom I particularly like more than Athena (Except maybe Fir, but that ATK...) so we're good here I think.

Someday, I will dedicate some time to make Fir usable, but today is not that day.

On a side note, Fir and Athena have the same Japanese voice actor.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Someday, I will dedicate some time to make Fir usable, but today is not that day.

On a side note, Fir and Athena have the same Japanese voice actor.

The Irony!

I have a (Neutral) Fir that's *4 in my inventory that I haven't sacrificed for +3 Speed because I like her and I was unsure weather or not she would get Karel's Wo Dao+ if his bane sucked. But now I have a character that's in her same vein but better, and has a Wo Dao+. So she's... pretty invalidated at this point. Even more so if I get a Lyn.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

TBH i think they should open up Wary Fighter to all units, but even that wouldnt stop Reinhardt from killing everything left and right with this new Seal. Dont get me wrong i abuse Rein myself but those Brave-Tomes are kinda getting out of hand (especially Reinhardt). Maybe they release a passiv at some point tied to some stat that prevents any form of doube/quadruple attacks and just limits the attackign unit to 1 attack. Prolly on B-Slot and tied to HP as a % check (so you cant abuse Vantage or Quickriposte together with it).

I mean a 5Star Reinhardt with no + and ATK+ - RES IV, Death Blow 3, Lance Breaker 3 and the new seal wins against 92 5 Stars +10 with Fury as their A slot skill... If thats not broken i dont know what is lol

Give him Horse Emblem buffs and it goes up to 116 wins against all 5Star+10 Units using Fury.

Edited by Hilda

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

TBH i think they should open up Wary Fighter to all units, but even that wouldnt stop Reinhardt from killing everything left and right with this new Seal. Dont get me wrong i abuse Rein myself but those Brave-Tomes are kinda getting out of hand (especially Reinhardt). Maybe they release a passiv at some point tied to some stat that prevents any form of doube/quadruple attacks and just limits the attackign unit to 1 attack. Prolly on B-Slot and tied to HP as a % check (so you cant abuse Vantage or Quickriposte together with it).

I mean a 5Star Reinhardt with no + and ATK+ - RES IV, Death Blow 3, Lance Breaker 3 and the new seal wins against 92 5 Stars +10 with Fury as their A slot skill... If thats not broken i dont know what is lol

Give him Horse Emblem buffs and it goes up to 116 wins against all 5Star+10 Units using Fury.

Giving Wary Fighter to all units makes no difference at all to a Reinhardt. The only thing that WF does is prevent Reinhardt from quad attacking, and he's too slow to do that anyways. Any kills he gets he gets within two hits, making Wary Fighter absolutely worthless against Reinhardt. 

Reinhardt aside though, I suppose it would still stop units like Cordelia or Olwen, who do rely on quad hits for a lot of their kills. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Giving Wary Fighter to all units makes no difference at all to a Reinhardt. The only thing that WF does is prevent Reinhardt from quad attacking, and he's too slow to do that anyways. Any kills he gets he gets within two hits, making Wary Fighter absolutely worthless against Reinhardt. 

Reinhardt aside though, I suppose it would still stop units like Cordelia or Olwen, who do rely on quad hits for a lot of their kills. 

I said that in my post that Wary Fighter would do nothing against Reinhardt, hence why i suggest a new passiv that affects maybe only brave weapons/tomes or so.

Edited by Hilda

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

TBH i think they should open up Wary Fighter to all units, but even that wouldnt stop Reinhardt from killing everything left and right with this new Seal.

Reinhardt benefits from Wary Fighter because it lets him tank a round of combat from nearly everything short of a Triangle Adept green. If all units were given the ability to equip Wary Fighter, the first character players would be giving Wary Fighter to would be Reinhardt, not the other way around.

Also, Quickened Pulse doesn't help Reinhardt defeat his counters at all. Julia and nearly every Triangle Adept green unit still wall him to hell and back. He'll muscle past his checks a bit better by dealing 9 or 10 more damage with Moonbow, but that's it, and that's really all Moonbow is good for.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Maybe they release a special at some point tied to some stat that prevents any form of doube/quadruple attacks and just limits the attackign unit to 1 attack.

There is no game in all of Fire Emblem with an effect of any sort that negates the Brave effect. The second hit of a Brave weapon has never counted as a follow-up attack.

19 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Whoa... Katarina really laying it on Kiran - in her lv. 40 confession, she actually believes that Kiran and Kris are one and the same!

Well, I mean, she's not entirely wrong...