New Banner - Echoes of Mystery (6/14)

Anacybele

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

You're going to pull Athena on this banner, and when you do I will laugh.

Keep the Navarre dream alive

I pulled two Sorens on the Path of Blueberry banner. Why can’t I pull two Athenas?

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Another detail, unrelated to the future 4* drops: it's interesting that Roderick's weapon is called the "Firesweep Lance". After the Windsweep and Watersweep skills and the Firesweep Bow, it seemed like "Earthsweep" would be the name of a melee weapon with the Firesweep Bow effect, but instead it's called Firesweep as well. So could one or more Earthsweep skills be coming in some different form? Perhaps as a tome or something. We now have both a sword and a lance that don't have counterparts among the other melee weapon types, but (looking specifically at inheritable weapons) no such tomes, so that'd be a cool thing for them to add eventually along with adding a unique inheritable axe.

It appeared to me that Firesweep, Windsweep, and Watersweep were all names of "effects". Firesweep was probably considered too powerful to add as a passive skill, so it was added to weapon effects instead.

Now, the Elementsweep skills all prevent the ability to counterattack, but I can't really think of a standalone effect that would work for Earthsweep.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It appeared to me that Firesweep, Windsweep, and Watersweep were all names of "effects". Firesweep was probably considered too powerful to add as a passive skill, so it was added to weapon effects instead.

Now, the Elementsweep skills all prevent the ability to counterattack, but I can't really think of a standalone effect that would work for Earthsweep.

Maybe we'll get a non-staff weapon or skill in the future with the effect of Candlelight. If nothing else, I could see it on a dagger. 

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm guessing Firesweep being too powerful as a skill with Brave Weapon combos?

Literally removes all worry since you don't have to outspeed your opponents, nor do you need to be of the right weapon type.

I honestly never expected them to even remember new mystery was a thing and I didn't expect a banner so soon what can I say, I'm happy my second favourite character is being added to heroes 

26 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm guessing Firesweep being too powerful as a skill with Brave Weapon combos?

Literally removes all worry since you don't have to outspeed your opponents, nor do you need to be of the right weapon type.

Basically, yes. Firesweep would be too strong with a Brave weapon.

Desperation with a Brave weapon at least requires you to naturally out-speed your opponent by 10 Spd, which is a substantial hurdle. Windsweep and Watersweep requires you to naturally out-speed your opponent by 6 Spd while removing the benefits of out-speeding your opponent by 10 Spd, making it less than optimal.

And now I'm wondering how viable Firesweep Lance+ Peri would be compared to Brave Lance+ Peri. Life and Death 3 and Hone Cavalry give her an absurd 59/44 with the Firesweep Lance+, bumped up to 62/44 with +Atk or 59/47 with +Spd (or at +10, 66/48 with +Atk or 59/51 with +Spd).

This forum is SO bad at starting duplicate topics and then posting in both of them equally...  Seriously guys, if you see a duplicate topic - leave the one with the least number of points alone!

Discussion threads and trailer threads ARE the same thing!

Does this mean Kris GHB is confirmed?

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

This forum is SO bad at starting duplicate topics and then posting in both of them equally...  Seriously guys, if you see a duplicate topic - leave the one with the least number of points alone!

Sometimes people don't, though. The New Topics thing on the main forum page shows like, 5 or so topics, which gives newer topics more precedence and don't require actually going into the board.

5 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Sometimes people don't, though. The New Topics thing on the main forum page shows like, 5 or so topics, which gives newer topics more precedence and don't require actually going into the board.

1.  If the thread is the only one on the page - don't necro the old one, post in the new one.

2.  If two are both on the first page, post in the one with the most posts.

3.  If people are already talking about whatever new thing came up in a discussion thread about the same topic, that's your clue to not make a new topic.  

If you aren't keeping in touch with the latest news in the discussion threads, don't be the one to make news threads.   

Someone has to break one of these rules to get both threads to appear on the main forum page.  It's a slippery slope - one person screws it all up.

Pretty simple :S

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

1.  If the thread is the only one on the page - don't necro the old one, post in the new one.

2.  If two are both on the first page, post in the one with the most posts.

3.  If people are already talking about whatever new thing came up in a discussion thread about the same topic, that's your clue to not make a new topic.  

If you aren't keeping in touch with the latest news in the discussion threads, don't be the one to make news threads.   

Someone has to break one of these rules to get both threads to appear on the main forum page.  It's a slippery slope - one person screws it all up.

Pretty simple :S

Unless you're on mobile or something, there's literally a newest topic section on the main forum page that will feature topics that are the most recently made. Should there be two topics? Probably not, but if it's made you can't blame other people from posting in it because there's a very good chance they went in through a section that was meant to feature new topics and didn't even see the other thread.

Edited by Thor Odinson

21 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Does this mean Kris GHB is confirmed?

Most forums don't even care about topics being duplicates. It's not like there's a limited amount of space to go around.

I don't see any reason to expect a Kris GHB. They never appear even briefly as an enemy, unlike most other GHB characters, so Katarina seems like she would have been a more fitting pick out of the two, and there's nothing stopping Kris from showing up in a banner later. Of course, f!Robin showed up as a GHB character, so maybe they'll do one gender of Chris as a regular banner character later and the other as a GHB character?

What we can assume about GHBs based on this is that Legion will appear in one, potentially the upcoming one, since he's already appearing in the game as an enemy.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And now I'm wondering how viable Firesweep Lance+ Peri would be compared to Brave Lance+ Peri. Life and Death 3 and Hone Cavalry give her an absurd 59/44 with the Firesweep Lance+, bumped up to 62/44 with +Atk or 59/47 with +Spd (or at +10, 66/48 with +Atk or 59/51 with +Spd).

Okay, I might have to try this build out now. RIP Peri's SP.

+10 Peri [+Atk] (Firesweep Lance+, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3)

one-round kills every vanilla red and blue unit in the game except Gwendolyn (as well as every colorless unit she can double attack), and safely two-round kills every vanilla unit in the game except Triangle Adept greens.

Her match-ups against fully built opponents are no basically no worse.

Galeforce and Quickened Pulse trade a few of her green two-round kills for more rounds of combat with dancer support (and many of those two-round kills lost are still safe three-round kills).

Dragon Fang and Quickened Pulse can be used for the novelty of a 33-damage Dragon Fang.

Trading Lancebreaker for Hit and Run or Drag Back loses you one-round kills against Wary Fighter Effie and Lancebreaker lance users, but you can still make those up with a dancer since the opponent cannot counterattack anyways.

Not to mention Peri murderizing opponents with a glowing red spear.

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Hm, by similar metrics--and granted, no cav buffs (assuming HA/S or Eirika, though) and no 3 move, but would Charlotte also do well with it theoretically?

Life and Death Bride Charlotte has 56/38 offenses with Firesweep Lance+. With +Spd and Rally Attack Speed, that gives her 59/44, which is at least identical to neutral Peri with Hone Cavalry. With +Atk and Eirika buffs, she's at 62/42, which is only 2 Spd shy of +Atk Peri with Hone Cavalry.

It's worth a try, at least.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, I might have to try this build out now. RIP Peri's SP.

+10 Peri [+Atk] (Firesweep Lance+, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3)

one-round kills every vanilla red and blue unit in the game except Gwendolyn (as well as every colorless unit she can double attack), and safely two-round kills every vanilla unit in the game except Triangle Adept greens.

Her match-ups against fully built opponents are no basically no worse.

Galeforce and Quickened Pulse trade a few of her green two-round kills for more rounds of combat with dancer support (and many of those two-round kills lost are still safe three-round kills).

Dragon Fang and Quickened Pulse can be used for the novelty of a 33-damage Dragon Fang.

Trading Lancebreaker for Hit and Run or Drag Back loses you one-round kills against Wary Fighter Effie and Lancebreaker lance users, but you can still make those up with a dancer since the opponent cannot counterattack anyways.

Not to mention Peri murderizing opponents with a glowing red spear.

Your Pieri basically says "die, I'm rich".

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Now go and play New Mystery, both of you. Shame.

7 hours ago, JSND said:

PLAY THAT GAME

NOW

YOU CAN KILL ACTUAL DRAGONS IN IT.

if you don't like killing dragons in vidya games u haev sheitttt taests

I'm probably gonna check out Shadow Dragon first, but before that I need to finish Sacred Stones, then do FE6.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

34 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Your Pieri basically says "die, I'm rich".

Correction: "Die, I'm rich, and there's nothing you can do about it." Firesweep is nice like that.

I really, really want to see Peri running around with a glowing red spear, even if I have to offer up a Roderick for it.

Also, what the hell is up with NoA's localization team? First Eddie → Edward, then Wendy → Gwendolyn, and now Rody → Roderick. Seriously what the fuck. Do they have something against name diminutives?

I...

I'm just...so happy right now. Welcome back, dear friend. The tears do naught but show how much of a puppet you are not. Welcome home.

Crap this banner has me conflicted... the Vantage Banner is amazing, B!Cordelia really wants Brave Bow+ and Reinhardt would be amazing since I have NO strong Blue Tome users.. on the other hand, I really want Athena, she looks amazing and a *5 infantry sword I don't have to sacrifice 5 units to deck out would be pretty nice (Marthcina). Katarina would even be nice since I have no *5 Red Mage, but Luke.... another sword cavalry with no skills that I care about...

Crap... decisions.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Does anyone know the 5* rates for the different orb colors for this banner?

10.3% 5-star red (1 in 9.7)
6.0% 5-star blue (1 in 16.6)
3.0% 5-star green (1 in 33.9)
2.9% 5-star colorless (1 in 35.0)

2.4% any individual red focus character (1 in 42.0)
7.1% red focus character (1 in 14.0)
3.1% blue focus character (1 in 32.8)