Grand Hero Battle: Clarisse!

Vaximillian

15 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

You referring to a dancer (definitely on the more broken side of things) or the typical BraveUnit? And looking at mkv's previous clears, I see some variation (e.g. Legion infernal does not even share a single unit with the current team comp), so I don't see it like you, I suppose? For me, the fun in those vids is the self-inflicted handicap of only using free stuff with weaker stats, mostly, compared to "hey boiz, Reinhardt carried me again, yo!" (yes, I know Rein can't solo the map).

Cecilia on L is shared with Legion though

I do see your point but my main point is that in this game all it really is are using some mechanics that are OP(Reposition/Blade/Brave/TriangleAdept), and Dance is honestly at the top of it

Edited by JSND

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleared infernal after many, many tries. Using Xander, Robin, Reinhardt and Lissa.

Turn 1: Move Xander to the position where the green mage can reach him but Clarisse can't, so that he can kill the green mage in enemy's turn (He has QR2 but I'm not sure if it's useful, maybe it's useful in his special cooldown). Move Robin to the position where Clarisse can reach him. He can't ORKO Clarisse even with Triangle Adept 2 (TA3 will probably work) and Quick Reposte 2, so he must wear Quickened Pulse to initiate his special. After Turn 1, it looks like this.

Spoiler

WechatIMG1.thumb.jpeg.b5c8431f40153ed0e443c11df65d9514.jpeg

Turn 2: Let Xander hit the wall, and move Robin away from the dangerous blue mage. After Turn 2, it looks like this.

Spoiler

WechatIMG2.thumb.jpeg.77c886c7e3b424ec9223eb220a7dc94c.jpeg

Turn 3: Rein kills the red cavalier, and Xander's Blazing Light is ready so he can kill the blue mage. Robin can hit to the red guy.

Spoiler

WechatIMG3.thumb.jpeg.5b4bdd027b5588c7604665529bc2a7af.jpeg

Turn 4: Robin kills red guy and Xander kills the thief.

Edit: I forgot to mention Lissa. She heals.

Edited by Rosetta

Kleine beaten on Infernal thanks to 4 star Cecilia.

I'm really glad I can move away from using mkv's videos as a crutch. They really did help develop my thinking with this game despite doing less calcs than most of the hardcore FE audience.

Terribly easy. Did Infernal on its first try.

Team:

Cecilia 5☆ Gronnraven+, Triangle Adept 3, Hone Cavalry, Reposition.

Stahl 4☆ Hone Cavalry, Swap.

Reinhardt 5☆ Death Blow, Draw Back, Luna.

Ninian/dancer

Stahl breaks wall, Rein one rounds sword cav, Cecilia hits Clarisse (left alive), Ninian dances rein and he draws her back. The rest of the enemies gang on Cecilia and she survives at 7hp. Next turn Rein one rounds Luna the smoke dagger thief, Stahl kills the green cav, Cecilia repositions Stahl, Ninian dances Rein and he draws Stahl back. Blue mage hits Cecilia for 0 dmg. Next turn my units retreat and regroup to get Hone buff. Enemies approach. Final turn, Rein one rounds wo dao fighter and Cecilia one rounds blarblade mage.

Oh my god I did it.

Spoiler

Eirika. +Spd -Hp. +1 Merge (+Hp/Spd)

Fury 3, Draw Back, Hone Speed 3, Fortify Resistance 1.

Sieglinde, Rally Defense, Moonbow.

Hector. +Spd -Hp.

Distant Counter, Vantage 2, Spur Defense 3, HP +3

Armads, Pivot, Noontime.

Frederick. +Att -Spd

no A Slot. Draw Back. no C slot. Attack +1

Brave Axe+, Rally Attack, Bonfire.

Priscilla. +Att -Hp

HP +5, Live to Serve 2, Hone Attack 3, Spur Defense 1

Fear, Rehabilitate, Swift-Winds Balm

How I'd start the map is moving Hector to the spot within range of the Green Cavalry Mage and Knife Infantry, but outside Clarisses. He would be buffed up by Eirika's passives, and then after moving in Priscilla would keep him semi-safe with Spur Defense. Frederick would be over to the right to lure over any unit he could. The Green Cavalry would die, Clarisse would break the obstacle, and it's usually about here I'd be screwed.

But I simply had Hector stay in his position and let Clarisse come over to attack while taking as many hits from the Smokedager Infantry as possible. The Blue Mage Infantry would try to creep on Frederick, but... well, that never went well.

At this point, Clarisse finally died, but now the Armorslayer Cav, Wo Dao Infantry, and Knife Infantry are going to come through the path and wipe me out, with the Armorslayer Cav just south of where the obstacle was, the Wo Dao Infantry in the space above, and the Smokedagger Infantry next to Wo Dao.

I just... I pulled a classic Fire Emblem. I put Frederick to his right, Eirika to his south, told Hector to sniff flowers next to Eirika, and had Priscilla between Eirika and Frederick to heal them when nessesary. The way the enemies were, only Armorslayer Cav was allowed to attack, Wo Dao Infantry didn't move, and Smokedagger Infantry couldn't do anything. Armorslayer Cav would attack Frederick, Freddy would barely survive and do 5 chip damage, and once Bonfire was charged up, I could have Freddy kill the Armorslayer Cav, move Eirika in to kill the Wo Dao Infantry (who had like 9 or 11 health, so he was dead despite being on a Defense Tile). The most the Smokedagger Infantry could do was attack whoever for pathetic damage. Frederick moved in for the kill, and I just stared at my phone in disbelief that the most classic of tactic ploys worked in this game.

Frederick, I don't know what you drink in place of mede, but you deserve a bottle on my tab. I have to add, this was quite the way to kickstart my Eirika's career. I had barely leveled her to 40 before tackling Clarisse. Now I wonder if Clarisse is any good compared to any of the crap Bridelias I have...?

Edited by Xenomata

Love the new screen capture ability in iOS 11 (I’m a beta tester). 

Here’s me taking down Infernal! Nino’s positioning and Hone Attack 3 were key!

Edited by SaMaster14

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:
They really did help develop my thinking with this game despite doing less calcs than most of the hardcore FE audience.

Calcs are for squares 

if you're cool you just run in like a maniac and hope it works. That's what I do anyway heh

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Now I wonder if Clarisse is any good compared to any of the crap Bridelias I have...?

Bride Cordelia [-Atk, =Spd] has 32/35 offenses. Clarisse has 31/34 offenses.

With some experimenting, managed Infernal with Priscilla, Azura, Hector, and Sharena (all 5* lv 40). Had to use Hone Atk on Priscilla and Spur Atk on Sharena to get Hector the power to one-round Clarisse, and Hector also needed Aegis and HP +3 seal to tank the green mage. After those two were gone, it was just a matter of getting Sharena the rest of the kills while healing her up with Priscilla, being careful not to boost Sharena's Spd at the wrong time lest the enemy's panic ploy kick in and let him double her.

10 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Sounds like I could try something like this since I recently summoned Reinhardt. Still need to train him and Xander to level 40 though, which will take a few days worth of stamina.

What skills do you guys have?

5* Xander: Siegfried, Swap, Bonfire, Armored Blow 3, Quick Riposte 2, Spur Def 3, HP +3 seal

5* Camus: Gradivus, Swap, Growing Thunder, Grani's Shield, Quick Riposte 2, Goad Cavalry, Spur Def 1 seal

5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Dire Thunder, Draw Back, Luna, Death Blow 2, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry, Atk +1 seal

4* Olivia +1: Ruby Sword, Dance, New Moon, Def +2, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 1 seal

Skills that are crossed out are skills that my units equipped during the successful clear that are useless or likely wouldn't have a noticeable change on outcomes of the attempt.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Wow, Infernal was a doozy. Finished off Hard and Lunatic in one try, but I actually had to use a stamina potion to beat the Infernal map. It's been a while!

I still managed to pull it off with my usual horses, though the Panic Ploy guy kept messing me up. I inherited QR on Cecilia for the Tempest Trials and it came in really handy here, allowing her to bait and kill Clarisse and the Thief on Turn 1 while taking 0 damage (after Hone and Fortify). Other than that, it was just a lot of shuffling around and using Xander as a body block while Reinhardt picked off the swordies. Eldigan chilled out and provided Fortify. If anyone would like, I can provide detailed steps, though my team probably uses too much SI to be helpful.

It looks like Cecilia's the MVP for a lot of other teams here too. She's amazing! One of my best 5* decisions.

This one is, mercifully, much easier than Legion is. She's tough to be sure, but Infernal took me far fewer tries =3= The continuously-spawning enemies made for a ridiculous challenge and I'm not sure whether or not I'd want to see more maps like that haha... ;;

In any case, hey now F2P players have a decent source of Poison Strike inheritance as well as a decent budget archer if they got no Bridelia or Takumi, eh? I'm still deciding what I'll be using her for. I like the idea of someone like Setsuna or Rebecca using her Bow and running like a Seal X/Poison Strike + Savage Blow debuffer/softener set, but don't know of or have any archers I'd personally care to do it with sadly... hmm...

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

5* Xander: Siegfried, Swap, Bonfire, Armored Blow 3, Quick Riposte 2, Spur Def 3, HP +3 seal

5* Camus: Gradivus, Swap, Growing Thunder, Grani's Shield, Quick Riposte 2, Goad Cavalry, Spur Def 1 seal

5* +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt: Dire Thunder, Draw Back, Luna, Death Blow 2, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Cavalry, Atk +1 seal

4* Olivia +1: Ruby Sword, Dance, New Moon, Def +2, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3, Fortify Res 1 seal

Skills that are crossed out are skills that my units equipped during the successful clear that are useless or likely wouldn't have a noticeable change on outcomes of the attempt.

Thanks. I should be able to pull that off, just need to get the horses to 5* level 40.

Only thing is that my Reinhardt has neutral attack.

I levelled them high 30s in 4* because you get SP faster that way. I'll see if Horse Emblem can do it once I get them all to 40 in a day or two.

5 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Only thing is that my Reinhardt has neutral attack.

Should be fine; just be wary of the Panic Ploy swordfighter. And it only makes weakening enemies first more important as even +Atk Reinhardt can't ORKO several of the enemies like the Blarblade mage.

Cleared Infernal with a 4*Sophia (Raventome, TA 2, Green Tomebreaker), Camus (classic Fury/Vantage/Bonfire/Repo build), Klein and Nino (+Speed, Fury, Despe)

Sophia tanked a first blow and killed the green cavalry. Camus handled the swordsmen, Nino killed the blue mage, and Klein sniped the Ninja and Clarisse (had to make up of Klein and Camus' Spur Att for Nino to manage it).

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

In any case, hey now F2P players have a decent source of Poison Strike inheritance as well as a decent budget archer if they got no Bridelia or Takumi, eh? 

Matthew has Poison Strike, and any archer is decent. Not overwhelming like Cordelia, but decent.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Matthew has Poison Strike, and any archer is decent. Not overwhelming like Cordelia, but decent.

Matty only has PS2 (Hone Speed is his level 3 skill at 4*) as I recall, I believe it's Saizo who gives PS3. Not like Saizo is rare, but he's also random. Hinata isn't rare in theory either but I haven't pulled a single damn one lol. Guaranteed chance of getting someone is always better for availability than the rando. 

Edited by BANRYU

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Matty only has PS2 (Hone Speed is his level 3 skill at 4*) as I recall, I believe it's Saizo who gives PS3. 

Oh indeed, shows how much I care about daggers, heh.

I did Lunatic morning with Leo, Xander, Nino and Olivia... But since I was working I just forget how I did it!!

I'll keep playing until I remember and I can take the video, but boy... I don't know how I forget what I did (probably because the students were talking to me while I was playing haha)

----

Ok I have the video now

Edited by SniperGYS

As I suspected, QR 1-inheriting Adult Tiki can replace Xander, and is actually simply better than him for this map (imo...mostly since Tiki isn't affected by the Thief's Windsweep).

Team of:

• 5* +0 Tiki (Naga's Voice) [+Atk, -Spd]: Default kit plus QR 1 Inheritance
  • 5* +0 Ninian [+Res, -Spd]: Default kit (minus Escape Route)
  • 5* +1 Camilla (Bewitching Beauty) [+Spd, -Res]: Default kit
  • 5* +0 Corrin (F) [+Atk, -Res]: Default kit

cleared the Infernal difficulty with little trouble.

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

Did Infernal again to be more sure of my step by step; and since all the characters I used are relatively accessible enough here's how I did it:

Team:
Sophia 4* with Raven tome, TA 2, Green tome breaker (mine is +att not sure if that matter)
Klein 5* neutral. Native skills all that matters.
Nino 5* +speed, Fury, Draw Back. Speed matters but can be achieved otherwise I’d expect.
Camus 5* Fury, Bonfire.

(Klein and Camus both have Spur Att level 2 & 3 i don't think it matters a lot but it might smooth some kills easier)

First turn: Sophia enjoying hone att goes to bait on the left, rest of the team to the right. Sophia kills the green cavalry and tanks the thief.

tumblr_osa782Wqm71r28yhno1_400.png

Second turn : Camus breaks the wall so that the sword cavalry will fight him (and dies). Klein takes a chip shot at the swordsman from behind the wall because why not, Nino draws him back a spot beneath. Sophia folds back between Camus and Nino.

tumblr_osa782Wqm71r28yhno2_400.png

Third turn: Nino kills the blue mage and Klein kills the thief.

tumblr_osa782Wqm71r28yhno3_540.png

Fourth turn: Camus finishes the swordsman. Klein slays Clarisse.

(My first round I needed Sophia to finish off the sword cavalry because Camus left him at 1 HP. I expect there was a Hone lost somewhere in small movements).

Edited by salinea

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

I did Lunatic morning with Leo, Xander, Nino and Olivia... But since I was working I just forget how I did it!!

I'll keep playing until I remember and I can take the video, but boy... I don't know how I forget what I did (probably because the students were talking to me while I was playing haha)

----

Ok I have the video now

Are you going to try Infernal next?

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Are you going to try Infernal next?

A quick sad story: I try, I failed, I'm not that good at playing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯