New demo with new characters

FuranSuwa

12 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

I could see one of the Myrmidons making the cut but Ryoma would just out-perform them. Maybe Navarre due to OG status. 

Given the way that Swordmasters are portrayed in Fates  in comparison to other entries, where myrms were more just sword-fighters than they were samurai,  I can see some potential with this. Its just a matter of whom it'll be. Adding to Navarre's favor, he's the only known myrm that canonically dual wields, but given the way aesthetics and visuals have changed since Awakening onward, it might just be a moot point for him what with any myrm gaining it, come promotion.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

But it looks like they're making an entirely new line which means that Robin, Lucina, and Marth are probably getting new ones so why inlude them because they already had one?

You think so? I think it's a jump to think they will make Robin/Lucina again just from seeing Chrom/Tiki.

I know you love Awakening/Lucina but don't let that cloud some of your judgement. She's not the end all be all of FE.

Besides, it's more me hoping for Roy because he's my Lucina, so to speak. I love Roy more than anyone!

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

3 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

You think so? I think it's a jump to think they will make Robin/Lucina again just from seeing Chrom/Tiki.

I know you love Awakening/Lucina but don't let that cloud some of your judgement. She's not the end all be all of FE.

I have precedent though. In the Super Mario line, did they skip Mario, Luigi, Peach, etc. just because they had Smash equivalents, no. Some took longer than others like Rosalina, but they eventually all got a Mario version sans Jr. I imagine the same thing will happen with Marth, Robin, and Lucina. 

Edited by Arthur97

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I have precedent though. In the Super Mario line, did they skip Mario, Luigi, Peach, etc. just because they had Smash equivalents, no. Some took longer than others like Rosalina, but they eventually all got a Mario version sans Jr. I imagine the same thing will happen with Marth, Robin, and Lucina. 

It would make sense if Lucina was one of the faces of the game. She's not (same for Robin). I imagine the characters representing the 5 jewels will get amiibos if anything (yes pleaseplease Xander please).

Tiki, while a must have for me, is the real oddball. But she had no amiibos before, and thanks to restock both Lucina and Robin are super easy to get. There's really not a reason to make more, and I like the characters but Robin/Lucina aren't icons worthy of multiple amiibos like Mario/Luigi.

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

It would make sense if Lucina was one of the faces of the game. She's not (same for Robin). I imagine the characters representing the 5 jewels will get amiibos if anything (yes pleaseplease Xander please).

Tiki, while a must have for me, is the real oddball. But she had no amiibos before, and thanks to restock both Lucina and Robin are super easy to get. There's really not a reason to make more, and I like the characters but Robin/Lucina aren't icons worthy of multiple amiibos like Mario/Luigi.

One might say the same about Rosalina or Dedede. Honestly, it doesn't matter if they're main characters as Tiki proves, they made Amiibos of a Boo for crying out loud. Making a new addition of the Smash characters fits precedents and would inevitably make money as they are both popular, and some people really like to collect. So, in the end, I kind of doubt if anyone's getting added because they have an Amiibo since they're already producing a new line. They will probably get in at some point due to sheer popularity and more than likely DLC, but I highly doubt that Amiibo will make or break a character.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

they made Amiibos of a Boo for crying out loud.

Well, I'd say boo is a lot more recognizable to the public than ANY FE character, but that's not what this is about.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

but I highly doubt that Amiibo will make or break a character.

This is what it's about - I'm still holding on to the hope that because of Amiibo, Roy will make it. I'm not quite so sure why you're so adamant about denying me my Lucina when you got yours, but, yeah.

5 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Well, I'd say boo is a lot more recognizable to the public than ANY FE character, but that's not what this is about.

This is what it's about - I'm still holding on to the hope that because of Amiibo, Roy will make it. I'm not quite so sure why you're so adamant about denying me my Lucina when you got yours, but, yeah.

I'm not trying to deny you, I'm just saying that if they get in, it probably won't be because of Amiibos...and it will almost certainly be DLC. Maybe even a Smash themed one.

10 hours ago, Motendra said:

Given the way that Swordmasters are portrayed in Fates  in comparison to other entries, where myrms were more just sword-fighters than they were samurai,  I can see some potential with this. Its just a matter of whom it'll be. Adding to Navarre's favor, he's the only known myrm that canonically dual wields, but given the way aesthetics and visuals have changed since Awakening onward, it might just be a moot point for him what with any myrm gaining it, come promotion.

The fact that Swordmasters in Fates could dual-wield also hurts the chances of having Navarre dual-wielding swords. Well, they could take some cues from his Mirage version and put some wind spinning moves and make him extra flashy. 

Hm? Characters locked behind amiibo? Unlikely.

Special Weapons locked behind amiibo? Very likely.

1 gold as a random amiibo reward? Oh yes. That one...will most likely happen.

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

The fact that Swordmasters in Fates could dual-wield also hurts the chances of having Navarre dual-wielding swords. Well, they could take some cues from his Mirage version and put some wind spinning moves and make him extra flashy. 

Ryoma is already shown dual wielding too, I think honestly they'll make Navarre do flash steps and vanishing stuff if he shows up.

This whole argument about one class per character is just absurd. If that really is the case then Soul Calibur & Samurai Showndown would have never been successful as they were.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

This whole argument about one class per character is just absurd. If that really is the case then Soul Calibur & Samurai Showndown would have never been successful as they were.

But they started out with smaller casts and grew over repeated installments-- they didn't come out with everything at once.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

But they started out with smaller casts and grew over repeated installments-- they didn't come out with everything at once.

& How big do you think this roster will be? Plus Soul Calibur roster isn't over 30 yet.

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

Ryoma is already shown dual wielding too, I think honestly they'll make Navarre do flash steps and vanishing stuff if he shows up.

Dual wielding in a pair-up attack, yes. Does this apply to his Musou and Awaken/Rage as well? Unfortunately footage of him is scarce and I've yet to see either. The point I was making was for a base moveset, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see. Flash/vanishing would still be cool though for either Navarre, or Lon'qu, whichever it is that we get

Along with this, I'm hoping they take inspiration from Zhou Tai. He was my favorite Wu officer

Edited by Motendra

Just now, Zangetsu said:

& How big do you think this roster will be? Plus Soul Calibur roster isn't over 30 yet.

Soul Calibur's had 5 entries and well over 30 characters overall-- just not everyone makes it into every game (and then there's stuff like alternate weapon playstyles).

I'm fully expecting FEW to have a roster of 25, in which case it's best to give every character a defined niche (Lucina disappoints because not only have they got all the base swordie niches covered, she's 70% Chrom).

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Soul Calibur's had 5 entries and well over 30 characters overall-- just not everyone makes it into every game (and then there's stuff like alternate weapon playstyles).

I'm fully expecting FEW to have a roster of 25, in which case it's best to give every character a defined niche (Lucina disappoints because not only have they got all the base swordie niches covered, she's 70% Chrom).

If that's the case that only proves more of my side of the argument.

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Oh yeah...he wields lightning with his left hand like a sword in his Musou. I hope he gets a joke weapon like the Daikon Radishes he can use in Fates. Flash steps for Navarre? Sure. They could go ahead and take cues from the Mirage version as well as Yashiro in Carnage form.

Edited by Lord-Zero

Speaking of scarce character footage, I want to try to get video of Frederick since he'll probably be one of those scarce characters. This can't happen until the game is out or a downloadable demo with him available to use happens, but yeah. People could just go play the game for themselves to see in those cases, but if they don't feel like it (yet) or are undecided or don't have the right console or something, well, my video would be there!

Edited by Anacybele

On 7/7/2017 at 10:45 AM, FuranSuwa said:

I didn't hear a lot about the voices because of the noise, but the game was English dubbed with Japanese dub for the intros. The demo supervisor told me that for the final game we could choose if we want full english or japanese dub (so possibility of dual audio ?)

That's actually pretty cool. After Fates and Echoes not having dual audio, it would be nice if Warriors did. That's some unexpected positive news.

Lissa also sounds pretty cool. Though I always made her a Sage, having magic was so much more useful than another axe user in Awakening.

On 7/12/2017 at 7:54 AM, Anacybele said:

Speaking of scarce character footage, I want to try to get video of Frederick since he'll probably be one of those scarce characters. This can't happen until the game is out or a downloadable demo with him available to use happens, but yeah. People could just go play the game for themselves to see in those cases, but if they don't feel like it (yet) or are undecided or don't have the right console or something, well, my video would be there!

I'll probably be grabbing the Japanese version as well as the English version, I'll show off movesets too. So if nothing comes up before release you'll have that at least.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I'll probably be grabbing the Japanese version as well as the English version, I'll show off movesets too. So if nothing comes up before release you'll have that at least.

Please show me some footage of Robin if you can, if I don't get to see footage of him before the JP version comes out.

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Awesome!

I would only be able to get English, so that'd be helpful! But posting English later wouldn't be totally redundant either, as we'd get to hear Freddy's English lines and see if he shouts "Pick a god and pray!"

NoA, Treehouse, whoever's doing it, surely you know how popular that line is...plzzzz.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Folt said:

Please show me some footage of Robin if you can, if I don't get to see footage of him before the JP version comes out.

Yeah, I'll get em all haha. I'll probably try to unlock the full movesets before I did any demonstrations 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 0:34 PM, Arthur97 said:

Fast is good. Some of my least favorite characters/weapons to use in HW were things like the summoning gate that left you way too open for way too long.

I see this and I raise you the Baton - good freaking luck killing anything of note (that isn't weak to lightning, at least) in a reasonable timeframe. You're gonna need it. In comparison, I can work with the Summoning Gate (which the Baton makes look good in comparison).