TGS 2017: FE Warriors reveals planned

Jedi

http://nintendoeverything.com/multiple-fire-emblem-warriors-character-reveals-planned-for-tgs-2017/

A few days ago, Koei Tecmo announced its lineup for this year’s Tokyo Game Show. Fire Emblem Warriors will be featured in a big way. Not only will the game be playable, but Koei Tecmo is planning multiple events for the game.

Amazingly, Fire Emblem Warriors will have four different stage shows on consecutive days starting September 21. Each one should be streamed live on Niconico at least, and seemingly YouTube and Fresh as well.

The first session is taking place on September 21 between 2:30 PM and 3:15 JST. Gameplay, videos, and details are promised, and it sounds like we could be hearing about a new character. Producer Yosuke Hayashi and director Hiroya Usuda will be on hand along with Masahiro Higuchi from Intelligent Systems.

The next session is taking place on September 22 between 1 PM and 1:45 PM JST. Much gameplay is promised in addition to details and videos.

Koei Tecmo will hold yet another stage show for Fire Emblem Warriors between 12:30 PM and 1:15 PM JST on September 23. We’ll be hearing about a new character here for sure. Hikaru Midorikawa, Marth’s Japanese voice actor, will also be in attendance.

Last but not least, a final session is being held on September 24 between 4 PM and 4:45 PM JST. Katsuyuki Konishi and Maaya Uchida, who voice Marx and Lianna respectively, will be appearing.

Holy crap, I've never had a foreign event match up to my timetable so perfectly. The 21st is my day off, then I can watch the other days early in the morning.

But yeah, I have the patience of a saint, but I really need them to show off SD. Plus, Midorikawa and Konishi<3

I imagine Day 1 will be Azura, and Day 3 with be the SD characters, and the villains and any secrets will be left for release.

I can hold out hope for Tharja, Virion and Cherche but it looks like there's no room for any more Awakening protagonists.

This is fantastic information. But I've been trying to (and spectacularly failing at) avoiding as much information about FEW as possible...

Successfully avoiding this information will be rather difficult since I regularly stop by to check my messages on here... Bummer...

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

and it sounds like we could be hearing about a new character.

If it's just one, I'm sure it's Tiki. Japanese fans and Intelligent Systems seem to love her (which was why they were so surprised when adult Tiki beat her younger counterpart in the CYL poll), so it'd make sense to reveal her there.

28 minutes ago, Thane said:

If it's just one, I'm sure it's Tiki. Japanese fans and Intelligent Systems seem to love her (which was why they were so surprised when adult Tiki beat her younger counterpart in the CYL poll), so it'd make sense to reveal her there.

I'd like to think so as well, but well the PR hasn't made the most sense.

We probably will get another reveal in the next Famitsu before TGS itself too. Aren't we getting FE Warriors news in every issue recently?

5 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

I imagine Day 1 will be Azura, and Day 3 with be the SD characters, and the villains and any secrets will be left for release.

I can hold out hope for Tharja, Virion and Cherche but it looks like there's no room for any more Awakening protagonists.

That would make no sense. Fates already has more characters than Awakening.

11 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Fates is also newer and flashier though, and has more main characters to it. Nintendo doesn't seem to follow the same ideology as us; they actually split "Fates" into "Birthright" and "Conquest" and put combined characters in a weird neutral spot.

Koei isn't separating them in this game though. They're all "Fates" characters, not Birthright and Conquest ones. If  you look at the original game listing in the official site for Warriors, Fates characters, even the Hoshido/Norh exclusive ones, are just listed as coming from "Fire emblem IF" rather than individual version where they were playable. They have 9 characters already out of a presumably 25 characters line up, while Awakening only has 6 (and of course, Shadow Dragon is still sitting at only one right now).

Edited by NeonZ

2 hours ago, NeonZ said:

We probably will get another reveal in the next Famitsu before TGS itself too. Aren't we getting FE Warriors news in every issue recently?

But they confirmed that the roster is not perfectly even. It is very possible for Fates to have the most characters.

I'm probably being too optimistic, but I refuse to put any stock into the 25 characters theory. Why would they reveal the roster size like that? Is it only the western SE that says it?

There's too many important characters that are still missing, with such little space...Koei...what are you doing?

1 hour ago, Truthblade said:

But they confirmed that the roster is not perfectly even. It is very possible for Fates to have the most characters.

That likely means Shadow Dragon having less characters though. Awakening is more popular than Fates and was added to the game due to its popularity, while Fates was represented due to being the newest game when they started development. It'd be very weird and counterintuitive if Fates somehow ends up as the game with the strongest representation.

Edited by NeonZ

56 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

That likely means Shadow Dragon having less characters though. Awakening is more popular than Fates and was added to the game due to its popularity, while Fates was represented due to being the newest game when they started development. It'd be very weird and counterintuitive if Fates somehow ends up as the game with the strongest representation.

Heroes though.

1 hour ago, Dandee Leone said:

Amazing! Hoping for Zephiel, Mia, Nephenee, and Lute!

And I want to see the Wolfguard in there.  Except mine's slightly more within the realm of possibility.

---

Much as I'd rather NOT spoil myself, I keep getting mod tickets, so I have to.  To those that watch the stream, I hope you're all pleasantly surprised~!

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Much as I'd rather NOT spoil myself, I keep getting mod tickets, so I have to.  To those that watch the stream, I hope you're all pleasantly surprised~!

Wait, what's that you're getting that's forcing you to get spoiled?

36 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait, what's that you're getting that's forcing you to get spoiled?

Whenever someone hits "Report", I take a look at both the reported post, and the context in which the post was made.  Which means that certain details get spoiled, whether I like it or not.