Special Heroes: Performing Arts

SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, I had forgotten just how weak Felicia's attack stat actually is. With Distant Defense though, Olivia ends up having -1 Res and +4 Def, and with say +Spd/-Def, that's a total difference of +5 Atk, +1 Def, and -1 Res on enemy phase (which is when she should see combat the most, since dancing is normally a better option on player phase), which seems like a very solid tradeoff.

As both a Felicia and Olivia fan, it's both sad and hilarious that Felicia managed to be almost completely outdone by a dancer, of all unit types. I'll still be shooting for her first so I can get colorless out of the way (and hopefully get some of the few 4-star units I don't have yet), but then I'll be moving to green and comfortably ignoring blues. Sorry Shigure, but your questionable stats and my disinterest in you has left you in a poor spot.

Yup Yup.

I do want to see the math to know how effective she is in practice, as Felicia was mostly carried by having the second highest resistance. But swapping 7 resistance for 5 attack isn't a terrible trade.

The unfortunate thing is that she doesn't have the benefit of running triangle adept/raven like the boys do, which means they'll be more generally usable.

Still, she's definitely not a bad unit by any stretch of the imagination. She can dance, which is most important, and in a pinch, she can debuff too.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy right now. The art looks amazing. The stats are kind of whatever. Dancers don't have to be THAT broken. So I'm content. I still want Inigo and Shigure. If I manage to snag Azura while pulling greens, it won't be a bad day. IF I can get my boys, I'll probably go for the ladies. Having a colorless dancer would be amazing.

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm so happy right now. The art looks amazing. The stats are kind of whatever. Dancers don't have to be THAT broken. So I'm content. I still want Inigo and Shigure. If I manage to snag Azura while pulling greens, it won't be a bad day. IF I can get my boys, I'll probably go for the ladies. Having a colorless dancer would be amazing.

Going into colorless pool would be annoying for this banner since Olivia just looks so good

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

See, this is where I personally would draw the line.  I know my luck is too Arthurian to get more than 2 focus units out of a banner at a time.  Also, I feel like once you've got the units you desperately want, it's time to start saving up for the next banner.  The possibility of trap banners is all too real.

EDIT: There ain't no way I'm jumping into the colorless pit for Olivia.

Edited by mewyeon

1 minute ago, dragonlordsd said:

Nope. Not doing it.

Not unless I first pick Azura. Then I might.

Real talk though in very surprised they made Azura and Inigo Green. Iirc Greens are considered the easiest to get banner focus but if nothing else it makes it easier to get a unit out of this banner which had the highest average pull value so far. The fact that Azura is kind of the star of this batch is great too

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Going into colorless pool would be annoying for this banner since Olivia just looks so good

6 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

6 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Nope. Not doing it.

...Am I the only one going for Olivia first? I want to get her out of the way first so I can safely throw all my orbs into green.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

...Am I the only one going for Olivia first? I want to get her out of the way first so I can safely throw all my orbs into green.

If i want to get what i want specifically i would go colorleas first. But my orb doesnt let that so i compromise with it lol

I need to restock on Gunter anyway

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Real talk though in very surprised they made Azura and Inigo Green. Iirc Greens are considered the easiest to get banner focus but if nothing else it makes it easier to get a unit out of this banner which had the highest average pull value so far. The fact that Azura is kind of the star of this batch is great too

Indeed. Since it's month long, we have plenty of time, and orbs, to get what we want. We've gotten ~200 orbs each month, which is generally enough to pick any one hero.

@DefaultBeep The colorless nightmare is real. I've been there. Trying to get Bridelia only to fail and end up with (shudder) Sakura.

I still haven't fully recovered....

Edited by dragonlordsd

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I love her art. And I don't normally use colorless in my strategies. (It's like dancer + the squad.) So for those "use a colorless quest" I can be lazy and use my usual strategies.

6 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

See, this is where I personally would draw the line.  I know my luck is too Arthurian to get more than 2 focus units out of a banner at a time.  Also, I feel like once you've got the units you desperately want, it's time to start saving up for the next banner.  The possibility of trap banners is all too real.

Tbh, I'm willing to sacrifice my Jugdral chances for at least my boys. I'm fully expecting some sort of Dawn Brigade banner pretty soon, so after this, I'll start my stockpile once more. And I don't really care for a Halloween banner. I'm going to see how my luck fares before I go crazy with the orb spending. But I am running a little low on colorless fodder, so it wouldn't be a complete loss. I wouldn't mind a few more Matthew for Hone SPD or Kleins or even some more Lucius so I can finally make my +10 one. Heck, I wouldn't even be upset if I managed to snag a Faye so I can sacrifice her to Virion. lol

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

If i want to get what i want specifically i would go colorleas first. But my orb doesnt let that so i compromise with it lol

I need to restock on Gunter anyway

I'll admit, I've also been looking for a decent excuse to pull colorless again recently. I'm hoping to get some of the last 4-star units I'm missing, maybe some Kleins for DB3, and some better boons/banes for ones I already have (I've been waiting for a -Def Felicia, but that seems... kinda pointless now). I honestly want Inigo a bit more still, but I want Olivia more than Azura, so I at least want to get her first.

4 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Indeed. Since it's month long, we have plenty of time, and orbs, to get what we want. We've gotten ~200 orbs each month, which is generally enough to pick any one hero.

@DefaultBeep The colorless nightmare is real. I've been there. Trying to get Bridelia only to fail and end up with (shudder) Sakura.

I still haven't fully recovered....

...Is this a bad time to say that I got Bride Cordelia on my one and only summoning session from that banner? At the time, I was disappointed that it wasn't Caeda or Lyn (and I didn't even consider sniping, so it was a full summon), but I've since learned just how lucky I got.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

...Is this a bad time to say that I got Bride Cordelia on my one and only summoning session from that banner? At the time, I was disappointed that it wasn't Caeda or Lyn (and I didn't even consider sniping, so it was a full summon), but I've since learned just how lucky I got.

That banner was my lowest point in the game.

All I got was a -att/+hp Charlotte and a Sakura. For 200+ orbs. I nearly broke F2P. Heck, that banner nearly broke me.

Have never had that happen since. I've managed to get all CYL units except for Roy in only 120 orbs. I managed to get Summer Robin after missing out on Spring Camilla (I legit thought mage fliers would be a thing back then. It didn't seem important).

But no Bride Lyn, no Bride Cordelia, no Bride Caeda.... rip orbs.

17 hours ago, Nanima said:

I have been hearing that so often now, "Just wait until June, I am sure after including two Nohrians, they'll give us a Hoshidan or two." Nope. "Just wait until summer, there is bound to be a Hoshidan unit." Nope. "They probably don't have anything going on in September, that's when we will see some Hoshido." Again, nothing. "Just wait until October, I am sure there'll be a Halloween themed banner for Hoshido." Aaaand nope. Being constantly strung along from one disappointment to the next is exhausting, and at this point I am tired of hoping. I bet you they'll just throw in another Camilla and/or Leon and call it a day.

Aknowledging Hoshido "next year" would be too little too late. Next August or what? Do you really think they don't want to add Swimsuit!Corn 2.0. The banner will be called "Another Nohrian Summer"

The best thing you could do is use the game's feedback feature and let them know. The year is almost over. 

Anyway, out of those dancers, I'd be interested in Inigo due to him being a green mage dancer. Sure, his stats don't look great but his purpose is to be a support unit and only attacking blues when he has to. 

24 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

24 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

23 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Nope. Not doing it.

You are all so weak when it comes to colourless hell :B):.  

I really don't want to go there. 5-star healers are a nightmare of uselessness. Why does one stone type have to be so terrifying?

I am very ready to dive into Green and Colorless. Olivia and Azura have designs that appeal more to me than their original designs, and they look like pretty solid units to use in their own right (remember to cut them some slack since they are all dancers). Inigo doesn't look terrible either, but his low Res is a little unfortunate since I was hoping he could tank Reinhardt and Blue mages a little better. Tri Adept + Gronnraven is probably what I would go to first. Shigure unfortunately got a very short stick - he has to compete with other blue mages who can't dance, but do can do offense and buffing way more effectively and since he's not on a flying mount, I'm not that interested in pulling for him. His design is very nice though.

Let's hope my Focus pulling luck isn't gone yet. I still need to save up for a potential FE4 banner later in October!

6 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

You are all so weak when it comes to colourless hell :B):.  

I really don't want to go there. 5-star healers are a nightmare of uselessness. Why does one stone type have to be so terrifying?

I went there to get BLyn 

Never again

13 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

That banner was my lowest point in the game.

All I got was a -att/+hp Charlotte and a Sakura. For 200+ orbs. I nearly broke F2P. Heck, that banner nearly broke me.

Have never had that happen since. I've managed to get all CYL units except for Roy in only 120 orbs. I managed to get Summer Robin after missing out on Spring Camilla (I legit thought mage fliers would be a thing back then. It didn't seem important).

But no Bride Lyn, no Bride Cordelia, no Bride Caeda.... rip orbs.

To be fair, I had the same feeling for the New Mystery and the second summer banners. New Mystery is (obviously) my favorite game, so I threw every orb I could to try for at least somebody, and ended up without a single 5-star, let alone a focus unit. Same deal with the Nohr summer units, except I think I got a 5-star Clair at one point. I didn't even bother with the spring banner because it seemed like a waste of time of time, and I was very new to the whole gacha system. CYL was lucky for me at least, I got everyone except Ike, who I wanted the least anyway.

...This discussion is not increasing my confidence in getting these units.

Edited by DefaultBeep

Green and Colorless hell here I go! 

I knew these units weren't going to be like super op (minus N!Azura, she's an upgrade from normal Azura) but I love Olivia's art and getting her and Inigo/Azura would be pretty nice to give me the chance for more dancers in AA. I'm sorry for Shigure, his art is awesome but I'm flooded with blue mages and his stats don't help him in any way.

Someone did the calculations for Triangle Adept/Gronnraven Inigo, and they come out very good.

First off, he destroys Brave Bow Lyn.

Even with moonbow and hone cavalry, Lyn still can't kill him if he's +speed or has a speed buff.

Second, he also can easily tank death blow/quickened pulse/moonbow/hone cavalry/+attack reinhardt and survive, as well as killing Rein on the counter.

Where he runs into problems is with Hone Cavalry/Mulagir/draconic aura or iceberg/quickened pulse Lyn. She can double him with the hone, mostly due to negating his buffs.

But, she NEEDS to proc a special to kill him, otherwise she leaves him alive.

Odd, Reddit doesn't seem to have a datamine thread.  I saw the stats, but no other new info like they usually have on updates.  Do we know what Sacred Coins are supposed to do now?