Worst Fire Emblem Lord?

Zepler

9 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Or

You could give those boots to somebody who might actually make use of them, rather than giving them to Roy and having him "keep up" while still staying off the front lines.

Thank you!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Or

You could give those boots to somebody who might actually make use of them, rather than giving them to Roy and having him "keep up" while still staying off the front lines.

Assuming it's Normal Mode, giving Roy the Boots actually does help him. He's still not super amazing when it comes to stats, but having that boosted movement means he won't fall behind.

Hard Mode is a different story though.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Assuming it's Normal Mode, giving Roy the Boots actually does help him. He's still not super amazing when it comes to stats, but having that boosted movement means he won't fall behind.

And again, what is the whole point of it when you can give boots to someone like Milady who can make chapter 14 less of a pain when using it?

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

And again, what is the whole point of it when you can give boots to someone like Milady who can make chapter 14 less of a pain when using it?

Ch.14 is a pain but i'm not giving it to one unit who could make just one chapter less of a pain.

Besides, Milady already has enough Mov. 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ch.14 is a pain but i'm not giving it to one unit who could make just one chapter less of a pain.

Besides, Milady already has enough Mov. 

I have seen tons of insane stuff when you give tons of movement buffs to Fliers and Cavaliers... Some chapters can be ended be quickly thanks to this xD

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I have seen tons of insane stuff when you give tons of movement buffs to Fliers and Cavaliers... Some chapters can be ended be quickly thanks to this xD

True true, and it's very helpful when going for LTCs or Ranked. But i just like to play the game. I guess my more casual playstyle is the reason i find Roy not as bad as people claim (though i won't deny that he's still arguably the weakest Lord).

I'm not understanding where some people come from in calling Lyn the weakest Lord. Or calling Sigurd a "Gary Stu" for that matter.

Anyways, Ephraim for personality, FE11 Marth for gameplay. The latter has unique swords and not much else whereas the former gets a lot of praise left and right with nothing to show for it. Not even what Seth said about the cheers of the people of Renais when Orson was defeated, or Lyon's behavior on Ephraim's route, did anything to help me like the guy.

7 hours ago, Just call me AL said:

Or calling Sigurd a "Gary Stu" for that matter.

The whole idea of a Gary Stu is somebody who is basically flawless and never suffers any serious consequences right? Because Sigurd is basically the opposite of that. 

As far as Gary Stus go, Ephraim, who you mentioned, is much worse in this regard than Sigurd. Pretty much everyone agrees that Ephraim is great, they praise virtually everything he does, and the only thing that goes wrong for him is something he ultimately planned on. 

Even Ike, another person who's a bigger Gary Stu than Sigurd, is disliked in his universe by a whole country of people, and bad things outside of his control happen to him. 

Edited by Slumber

I may have to go with Lyn on this one.

She can't hurt anything.  She can't take hits.  She can barely dodge.  Her endgame prf is too heavy for her.

Even Guy shows her up.

She's pretty boring overall, and feels out of place as a main lord.  She's probably on Raven's level of relevance in-universe but is shoved in your face and in most scenes of the game for no particular reason.  She has zero ties to FE6 making her feel like even more of a non-entity.  I wouldn't say I dislike her, and this is not really any fault of hers, but Lyn of all people being the #1 most popular female really rubs me the wrong way too.  Even C*milla would be better as #1.

On 11/4/2017 at 4:35 PM, Sayyyaka said:

She can barely dodge

...Huh?  FE7’s avoid formula is quite generous, and Lyn has excellent Speed and fairly good Luck.  Combined with terrain she can dodge pretty well.

Like the other things you said are fair enough, but this genuinely confuses me.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

...Huh?  FE7’s avoid formula is quite generous, and Lyn has excellent Speed and fairly good Luck.  Combined with terrain she can dodge pretty well.

Like the other things you said are fair enough, but this genuinely confuses me.

Maybe  because WTD? I do find Lyn shaky dodging wise unless she's on WTA and on a Forest at the very least and when her Bulk is like 20/3 its much more noticable when she does get hit

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

52 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Maybe  because WTD? I do find Lyn shaky dodging wise unless she's on WTA and on a Forest at the very least and when her Bulk is like 20/3 its much more noticable when she does get hit

Maybe, but early Lyn mode is almost entirely axes (giving her some time before her Speed/Luck starts really taking off with a bonus instead of a penalty) and after a certain point you can always give her a lancereaver if it becomes too much of a problem.

But otherwise fair enough

Corrin. Can't think of any other lord who requires such mind-boggling amount of mental gymnastics to justify their actions (especially in Conquest). Even on non-Conquest paths they are the center of the universe for no reason. At least the other lords had more of a reason for being loved, or faced consequences for their actions.

FE11!Marth, because he starts out bad and any contributions he makes along the way are so minuscule that they make Roy seem like a top tier in comparison.  Also, the game actively incentives not using him in a combat role by having out of the way villages and/or recruitable characters, making him a pseudo thief after Chapter 6, and giving him a speed cap that's so bad that he gets doubled by the final boss on higher difficulties with it capped.

13 minutes ago, Refa said:

FE11!Marth, because he starts out bad and any contributions he makes along the way are so minuscule that they make Roy seem like a top tier in comparison.  Also, the game actively incentives not using him in a combat role by having out of the way villages and/or recruitable characters, making him a pseudo thief after Chapter 6, and giving him a speed cap that's so bad that he gets doubled by the final boss on higher difficulties with it capped.

Agreeing with this, the amount he got nerfed from 1 & 3 is absurd.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:42 AM, Jedi said:

Agreeing with this, the amount he got nerfed from 1 & 3 is absurd.

Dont you mean 1 and then 3 lol

Somehow that doesnt stop Wendell from being top tier 3 games in a row and still somewhat ok in 12

• 2 weeks later...

Story wise I gotta be boring and say Corrin and Roy. It almost kinda feels pointless to pick on Corrin, though, since the writing in Fates is so scattershot that no one with significant amount of dialogue makes it out unscathed. Roy is just... dull, but I have to admit to just plain not liking fe6, so I'm biased.

Gameplay wise, hm. I know Leif, Roy, and Eliwood are considered the holy trio of bad (gameplay-wise) lord, but as for Leif once he gets over his shitty starting stats he's fine. Especially since he's always going to be overleveled after the prison escape, and he is one of rare sources of magic damage you have early on. Roy is bad, but in the context of his game he's not that bad (he's a pretty decent dodge tank) and of course he get the Binding Blade. So I guess I'd say Eliwood. Leif's usefulness goes up and down, but he is genuinely useful in a pretty tough spot of the game, Roy is a god in the endgame, but Eliwood is just mediocre to bad the whole time. It really doesn't help that he's inevitably going to be compared to Lyn, who can at least dodge-tank, and Hector, who is Hector. I've never had a good Eliwood, anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Roy is a shit lord. He's an awful unit and he has no resolve and is too weak to be a good main character. Micaiah suffers from similar problems. Lucina is extremely bland. Ike is Gary Stu III and his fans are annoying as all hell. All of them are pretty bad but fuck Corrin. Corrin is the most trash ass lord in the franchise. He's bland, weak, has no resolve, and the plot centers around him more than the other lords listed so he fucks up the rest of the plot way more. 

On 10/24/2017 at 10:50 AM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Character wise: The bland and uninspired Gary Stu known as Sigurd. Dishonourable mention to the Renais twins.

Unit wise: SD Marth. Roy isn't much better.

Sigurd was kind of a Gary Stu but he was a way better character than the other Gary Stus, Ephraim and Ike. 

On 10/24/2017 at 8:09 AM, athena_57 said:

Character-wise: Corrin. No need to explain this one.

Honourable mention: Chrom for being boring af, I didn't really like Ephraim and Eirika either, but I couldn't be bothered to finish that game, so perhaps I shouldn't judge them.

Stat-wise: Eliwood, Lyn and our boy Roy are all pretty bad.

Roy has the redeeming feature of his rapier being very useful and once he gets the Binding Blade he's all right. However, he is still really bad throughout most of the game and his very late promotion doesn't help this. I will say, it does make sense when looking at his character, being more of a strategist than a fighter, same for Eliwood who's more of a politician.

Lucina is in Awakening and she's the more bland female version of Chrom. You can judge Ephraim and Eirika btw, they don't change at all throughout the game. Eliwood and Lyn aren't that bad of units at least in my experience

I think that Ike are Lucina are the worst main characters, mainly because neither are fun or interesting to read about giving me little to no reason to like them. I also dislike Ike because when I played PoR his best stat other than HP was a 17 in luck, with 14 Str and 13 Spd. (Not promoted)

On 10/23/2017 at 6:41 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

Micaiah, from a story and gameplay aspect. In the story of RD the only time when she really is the main character for the first act. Afterwards she becomes a side character for majority of the game. Even worse, Yune fully replaces her by the end, she didn't stop Ashunera, Ike and Yune did. Just her being branded is weird, somehow she inherits the brand form hundreds of years of being a decent of Altina, whic  adds more questions.like why Sanaki isn't branded? In gameplay she a slow powerhouse in a game where magic is ineffective compared to other titles in the series. Playable in most levels where the Dawn Brigade struggle without the assists of guest characters.

I think that's just RD's dumb story, shoving Ike and Yune into the spotlight. (Because Ike) I also think the whole branded thing is just plain stupid and overcomplicated with tons of plot holes. Gameplay wise this game is just bad, jumping all over the place and giving you mostlly OP prepromotes from the previous game. 

Edited by Tuvy2

2 hours ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

Sigurd was kind of a Gary Stu but he was a way better character than the other Gary Stus, Ephraim and Ike. 

Those other two at least had personalities - on the other hand, Sigurd has the personality of a block of wood.

2 hours ago, edgelordweeaboo said:

Roy is a shit lord. He's an awful unit and he has no resolve and is too weak to be a good main character. 

I’ll give you that he’s a bad unit, no denying that ever, but how exactly does he have no resolve?  And he’s far from emotionally weak, he’s got a few self esteem issues but he doesn’t let that hamper him from doing what he needs to do.

Please elaborate.  What did Roy do to give you this impression?  When did he do it?  Why did it give you that impression?

FE10 Ike is easily the worst lord. 

The problem with Ike being an ordinary mercenary is that for whatever reason, the writers decided to give the final bosses to Ike which doesn't make much sense because he lacks a connection with Ashnard, unlike Elincia. Unlike Micaiah, he has no connection with Ashera, so him getting the final boss kill is quite anticlimactic. What's worse is that the narrative credits Ike as the one to slay Ashnard and Ashera when in reality it was a team effort. He's basically a kill stealer and gets all the glory. What's worse is that the ending gives Ike all the credit for bringing peace to the world. I guess Elincia, Micaiah and Sanaki's efforts were moot. Even worse is that he just leaves Tellius so the ones keeping the peace are everyone else yet he's the sole person the writers decided to credit. If Ike were a real-life person, even he'd agree that he's getting way too much credit/praise. So the praise he gets for being "relatable" should be thrown out of the window when poor writing and design choices have to justify him stealing the spotlight from more compelling characters.

Speaking of spotlight, during RD endgame, the vast majority of the conversations are with Ike and Yune. Why aren't Kurthnaga, Sanaki and more importantly, MICAIAH, the Apostle and a far more interesting protagonist more involved in the conversations with Yune??? All three of them have a stronger connection towards the goddesses, more spiritually inclined, more intertwined with Tellius' history and lore compared to Ike. I loathe the term Mary Sue/Gary Stu but if there was ever a justification for using this term, Ike takes the cake.

From what I read on Kris, he gets hated on for stealing Marth's spotlight. But from my understanding (haven't played/watched FE12) Kris is a lot less offensive compared to Ike because he doesn't take the spotlight in the endgame and Marth is still the one credited for the successes. Now compare that to Ike who is hyped to be the second coming of Altina for crying out loud, which is ridiculous because she can duel wield both royal blades when Ike can not. He's also the second coming of Gawain which is understandable and nothing outlandish. Compare that to Micaiah who is just the second coming of Misaha or Elincia, who is just the second coming of King Ramon. Ike is already way too special for someone who is supposed to be this relatable commoner so once again, this whole praise by the fanbase of Ike being just this ordinary guy is bizarre.

Also, when Ike goes to war with Begnion, he doesn't even stop to think whether it's a good idea or not. Compare that to other FE lords who actually think about what they're doing is right or not. What's worse is that other characters act totally out of character just to make Ike look good. Shinon is racist yet doesn't even complain to Ike about going to war on the same side as the laguz. Soren also dislikes the laguz and knows of Begnion's might yet doesn't criticize Ike. Titania weakly suggests that it might not be a good idea because of the medallion but then this isn't ever brought up again until it is too late. Contrast this with Soren and Shinon in PoR or Sothe criticizing Micaiah.

Speaking of making characters act out of character just to make him look better in comparison, he makes Micaiah look like a weak character in the endgame where Micaiah suggests she wants to abandon Daein but Ike has to reassure her. She had already gotten used to the fact that she'll be with Daein no matter what regardless of whether she's a branded or painted as a villain so this is her acting totally out of character just to make Ike look better. 

Furthermore, characters who have no reason to join Ike's army join him. Brom, Nephenee and Heather join Ike with no hesitation. Brom looks like a hypocrite because, in part 2, he criticized the rebels for wanting to fan the flames of war and agrees with Elincia's ideals of peace which is why she chose not to intervene on the side of the laguz or Begnion. Heather hates men so why is she on Ike's side? Why can't pretty girl Micaiah recruit her when that would make more sense for Heather's character? 

Ike abandons Elincia 6 months prior to the events of RD just because he dislikes nobles which makes him a weak leader because he runs away from his responsibilities. What makes it worse is that the narrative actually spins this in a positive light by giving a bizarre explanation that Ike had to stay undercover to stop the uprising even though this doesn't make any sense. What's worse is that he's fed up with people so he abandons Tellius even though he promised Mist that he'll always be at her side and told Micaiah to go back to Daein as her people need her. How hypocritical. What the hell Ike.