Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

7 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

You know, a pretty big part of the problem here is that you tend to always be negative when it comes to things you don't like.

Well, of course I'm negative about things I dislike! Because who really is going to be positive about things they don't like? It's contradictory. If you don't like something, you're not going to act all happy about it happening, right? People will voice disappointment about things all the time. That's all I do and ever intend to do.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Maybe, but you are actually voicing them out and thus being rude to those that do like Micaiah.

And though I hate Ephraim, I only say that I hate him, and leave it at that. I don't think that anyone that likes him have bad taste. Ephraim is depicted as a powerful and strong person.

We all have characters we like and dislike, but we shouldn't insult anyone that don't share your thoughts. So what you're saying is very rude to others. 

I never mentioned Micaiah's fans or any one fan in particular, so I was not being rude to anyone, actually.

And all I said at first was that I don't like Micaiah. But Icelerate didn't seem to understand that and still acted as though he was trying to force me to be glad that she ranked high. So I had to emphasize my dislike a bit more.

EDIT: Crap, for some reason I thought there was a post after my previous one. Sorry about the double post.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, of course I'm negative about things I dislike! Because who really is going to be positive about things they don't like? It's contradictory. If you don't like something, you're not going to act all happy about it happening, right? People will voice disappointment about things all the time. That's all I do and ever intend to do.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never mentioned Micaiah's fans or any one fan in particular, so I was not being rude to anyone, actually.

And all I said at first was that I don't like Micaiah. But Icelerate didn't seem to understand that and still acted as though he was trying to force me to be glad that she ranked high. So I had to emphasize my dislike a bit more.

EDIT: Crap, for some reason I thought there was a post after my previous one. Sorry about the double post.

Nothing's wrong with voicing disappointment. However, when Icelerate said to justify that Micaiah has popularity and does represent Tellius still, you said that she wouldn't ever represent Tellius, just cause she never appeared on PoR. So when you said that, that is rude to others that like Micaiah. 

So while you didn't single anyone out, your comment was still offensive to others. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Here is a thread on Reddit that compiles what a small subset of Japanese fans want from CYL2. Here are the results:

• 1. Marth (77)
  • 2. Micaiah (71)
  • 3. Lilina (70)
  • 4. Nino (67)
  • 5. Erika (63)
  • 5. Hector (63)
  • 7. Finn (58)
  • 8. Chrom (56)
  • 8. Takumi (56)
  • 10. Eliwood (52)
  • 10. Mia (52)
  • 12. Ephraim (51)
  • 12. Robin (M) (51)
  • 14. Leif (45)
  • 15. Soren (44)
  • 16. Tharja (43)
  • 16. Marisa (43)
  • 18. Ranulf (40)

I like this list. 

Ranulf and Leif are getting some love, thank you Japanese Twitter.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, of course I'm negative about things I dislike! Because who really is going to be positive about things they don't like? It's a contradictory. If you don't like something, you're not going to act all happy about it happening, right? People will voice disappointment about things all the time. That's all I do and ever intend to do.

There is a difference between voicing your disappointment and blowing up about it. I don't expect you or anyone else to act all happy when something you don't like happens, but there is no reason to tell people who are happy about things like this that they are wrong. You are not changing anyone's opinions about the characters you don't like by acting this way. You are just making an ass out of yourself. If people start arguing with you the way you are saying Icelerate did the best thing you can do is ignore it and go do something else. 

Seriously in the wise words of Thumper from Bambi:

Spoiler

What the actual fuck

Ana, not gonna lie. Your original comment was incendiary. You implied the Japanese fans polled in that one reddit had bad taste, and that you hoped more Japanese people had "better taste". Newsflash, things you don't like =/= bad taste. This argument would not exist had you not said that. Now everyone break it up.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then those who like her are taking this far too seriously. It's not like I'm trying to stop them from liking her or shit on them. I just don't like the character. I have nothing against any of her fans. And why would you be glad for a character you hate? That makes no sense at all

So I think others have addressed the rest so I'm gonna talk about this.

A lot of Micaiah fans are "taking things too seriously" because they've endured years of hate for liking her. I avoided Fire Emblem forums for a good long time because of people saying that I was trash for even possibly liking such a 'horrid' character and have only recently come back to the overall fandom. You think hate for Corrin is bad? You sould have seen people talk about Micaiah a while ago. You'd think she was the devil incarnate.

As for why I'm glad for Soren despite hating him...

I know what it's like for your favorites to get ragged on and not included in anything. So even though I dislike Soren, I can still be happy he's included for the sake of those who like him. That's all.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's also a really cool split mind set you can try:

"I may not be happy, but I won't let my unhappiness affect those around me!"

In other words, ask yourself if others deserve to be unhappy because you're unhappy.  The answer is almost always "no".  Then, consider that there are happy people reading your unhappiness.  And then act accordingly.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Nothing's wrong with voicing disappointment. However, when Icelerate said to justify that Micaiah has popularity and does represent Tellius still, you said that she wouldn't ever represent Tellius, just cause she never appeared on PoR. So when you said that, that is rude to others that like Micaiah. 

So while you didn't single anyone out, your comment was still offensive to others. 

No, I meant she doesn't represent Tellius as well as Elincia, not that she couldn't represent Tellius at all. She can only represent RD. She can't represent Tellius as a whole since she's not in PoR. Sorry for not being clear on that.

1 minute ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

So I think others have addressed the rest so I'm gonna talk about this.

A lot of Micaiah fans are "taking things too seriously" because they've endured years of hate for liking her. I avoided Fire Emblem forums for a good long time because of people saying that I was trash for even possibly liking such a 'horrid' character and have only recently come back to the overall fandom. You think hate for Corrin is bad? You sould have seen people talk about Micaiah a while ago. You'd think she was the devil incarnate.

As for why I'm glad for Soren despite hating him...

I know what it's like for your favorites to get ragged on and not included in anything. So even though I dislike Soren, I can still be happy he's included for the sake of those who like him. That's all.

Then that's pretty horrible. Nobody should be treating anyone that way. But I swear I am not meaning to call anyone trash or rude things like that for any reason. If I came off that way, I definitely apologize.

But as for Soren, different strokes for different blokes, I guess...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, I meant she doesn't represent Tellius as well as Elincia, not that she couldn't represent Tellius at all. She can only represent RD. She can't represent Tellius as a whole since she's not in PoR. Sorry for not being clear on that.

Then that's pretty horrible. Nobody should be treating anyone that way. But I swear I am not meaning to call anyone trash or rude things like that for any reason. If I came off that way, I definitely apologize.

But as for Soren, different strokes for different blokes, I guess...

There we go. But you should be careful about how you word some things. Internet cannot display what we are trying to say all the time, and harmless comments can be viewed as incredibly rude. 

So while I understand that you dislike Micaiah a lot, but for those that support Micaiah and get a chance for her to shine, be happy for them, because like you, its a character they like. They are just like you with how you like Ike and Frederick. 

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's also a really cool split mind set you can try:

"I may not be happy, but I won't let my unhappiness affect those around me!"

In other words, ask yourself if others deserve to be unhappy because you're unhappy.  The answer is almost always "no".  Then, consider that there are happy people reading your unhappiness.  And then act accordingly.

Well of course I don't want my unhappiness to affect those around me. I don't understand why anyone even has an issue with my disappointment right now. No one even seems to have a problem with what I said initially. It was one of my later responses to Icelerate when I began feeling he was getting too throat-shovey. I don't get why anyone doesn't have a an issue with how much he was forcing Micaiah onto me.

And of course I don't think others should be unhappy if I'm unhappy. In fact, I (usually) hate seeing people unhappy, especially those I care about (and if there's a time where I'm glad to see some people unhappy, it's just in a joking way and about some meaningless shit like, say, a sports team I like beating a sports team I don't like. I'm not legitimately happy to see the fans of the other team mad, I'm just joking around).

Well of course I don't want my unhappiness to affect those around me. I don't understand why anyone even has an issue with my disappointment right now. No one even seems to have a problem with what I said initially. It was one of my later responses to Icelerate when I began feeling he was getting too throat-shovey. I don't get why anyone doesn't have a an issue with how much he was forcing Micaiah onto me.

Dude, I had an issue with what you said initially and I even posted why a few posts above. You shouldn't imply that people voting things you don't like is bad taste just because you don't like it.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Dude, I had an issue with what you said initially and I even posted why a few posts above. You shouldn't imply that people voting things you don't like is bad taste just because you don't like it.

I still don't understand what the problem is though. But I guess I'm just not going to. This has gone on long enough anyway, so it's time we all moved on.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Male Robin needs to step up. He must win.

Also, I think with the release of the banner with new Eirika, it seems clear that either by CYL or another banner, we will inevitably get another Ephtaim, as an axe unit with the weapon Garm, the weapon that pairs with Gleipnir, the weapon that new Eirika has.

Don't take it too seriously. It is a small grouping as they said.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I still don't understand what the problem is though. But I guess I'm just not going to. This has gone on long enough anyway, so it's time we all moved on.

Then I'll just say this and let the issue drop:

How would you feel if a hypothetical CYL1 preliminary poll results put Ike, Ephraim, Elincia, Kieran, Sain, and Frederick within the top 10? Now, how would you feel if someone comes in and says, "Bleh, this is disappointing. I hope more people have better taste than this"? How would you feel about someone implying that you have "bad taste" just for liking and picking these characters?

Just think about it.

And of course I don't think others should be unhappy if I'm unhappy. In fact, I (usually) hate seeing people unhappy, especially those I care about (and if there's a time where I'm glad to see some people unhappy, it's just in a joking way and about some meaningless shit like, say, a sports team I like beating a sports team I don't like. I'm not legitimately happy to see the fans of the other team mad, I'm just joking around).

Well. . .

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I already said, I. Don't. Like. Micaiah. I will NEVER vote for her or be glad for anything she gets.

I still doubt they care for Tellius. Tellius just seems more liked in the west to me.

So, here's the issues with the following:

1. You don't like Micaiah?  That's fine, because I don't like her either.  The difference is that I'd never even consider NOT being glad about anything she gets.  If your hatred runs that deep, take a step back and ask yourself why it's so important to hate her.  Because. . .it isn't.  Besides, how would you feel if someone said that about Ike?

2. With the advent of Heroes, and the fact that the audience for FE has shifted between the release of Tellius and now, it's impossible to say how "liked" Tellius is in Japan, unless you regularly frequent Japanese FE forums.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I said it in my previous comment. The wording of what you said sounded very rude to others. The internet cannot convey things completely. See here:

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This is a rather disappointing list imo. But at least it's a small group of fans. Hopefully many more Japanese fans have better taste.

What does this say to all the other fans that liked those that were high up, including Micaiah and Nino? 

You meant no offense, I understand, but your wording was very rude. That's what everyone's been trying to say.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Then I'll just say this and let the issue drop:

How would you feel if a hypothetical CYL1 preliminary poll results put Ike, Ephraim, Elincia, Kieran, Sain, and Frederick within the top 10? Now, how would you feel if someone comes in and says, "Bleh, this is disappointing. I hope more people have better taste than this"? How would you feel about someone implying that you have "bad taste" just for liking and picking these characters?

Just think about it.

I wouldn't care and just accept that it's their opinion. I guess what some people find rude/offensive and what I find rude/offensive is different and that's what the issue is here. But I don't think that can be helped, honestly... Also, I'm kind of used to the fact that my most disliked characters are generally the popular ones and my most liked ones are generally unpopular, so I've come to accept that my taste probably isn't that good anyway... As sad as that kind of makes me.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Well. . .

So, here's the issues with the following:

1. You don't like Micaiah?  That's fine, because I don't like her either.  The difference is that I'd never even consider NOT being glad about anything she gets.  If your hatred runs that deep, take a step back and ask yourself why it's so important to hate her.  Because. . .it isn't.  Besides, how would you feel if someone said that about Ike?

2. With the advent of Heroes, and the fact that the audience for FE has shifted between the release of Tellius and now, it's impossible to say how "liked" Tellius is in Japan, unless you regularly frequent Japanese FE forums.

And I still don't understand that "being glad for a character you don't like" philosophy and this is another issue. I just don't believe in that one, and I'm sorry. If it hurts anyone, I'm sorry, but I can't change that.

Your second point is fair enough though.

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I said it in my previous comment. The wording of what you said sounded very rude to others. The internet cannot convey things completely. See here:

What does this say to all the other fans that liked those that were high up, including Micaiah and Nino? 

You meant no offense, I understand, but your wording was very rude. That's what everyone's been trying to say.

Yeah, and I will never understand why anyone thinks it was rude.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I wouldn't care and just accept that it's their opinion. I guess what some people find rude/offensive and what I find rude/offensive is different and that's what the issue is here. But I don't think that can be helped, honestly... Also, I'm kind of used to the fact that my most disliked characters are generally the popular ones and my most liked ones are generally unpopular, so I've come to accept that my taste probably isn't that good anyway... As sad as that kind of makes me.

You ... actually don't just let it go, though. That's the thing -- you say you'll be chill and not care, but then it actually happens and you get upset. Which isn't a bad thing, but then you shouldn't say things that upset other people. *shrug*

Edited by Sunwoo

I wouldn't care and just accept that it's their opinion. I guess what some people find rude/offensive and what I find rude/offensive is different and that's what the issue is here. But I don't think that can be helped, honestly...

And I still don't understand that "being glad for a character you don't like" philosophy and this is another issue. I just don't believe in that one, and I'm sorry. If it hurts anyone, I'm sorry, but I can't change that.

Your second point is fair enough though.

Yeah, and I will never understand why anyone thinks it was rude.

... What do you mean you don't understand why anyone thinks that's rude? 

Your "hope that the rest of the Japanese fans have better taste" implied that people who voted for Micaiah and others that you don't particularly care for on the list have poor taste. That was rude. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's more emotions in the world than glad/mad/sad.  Think of how you'd feel if I told you that my mother's cousin's friend got a job promotion.  This person is someone who you don't know, and who you will probably never interact with, ever.  Whether that person gets a promotion or not has no bearing on your life.  You don't have to throw a party for this person, nor do you have to be furious that they got anything.  Their promotion doesn't mean that you'll miss out on anything good in life.

Now extend that to video game characters.