Choose Your Legends: Round 2 - Jan 21 - 28! Who will YOU vote for? [FEB 1: RESULTS ARE IN]

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

You ... actually don't just let it go, though. That's the thing -- you say you'll be chill and not care, but then it actually happens and you get upset.

...Uh, what? I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

... What do you mean you don't understand why anyone thinks that's rude? 

Your "hope that the rest of the Japanese fans have better taste" implied that people who voted for Micaiah and others that you don't particularly care for on the list have poor taste. That was rude. 

I mean I don't understand and I still don't. I don't know what else to say here...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's more emotions in the world than glad/mad/sad.  Think of how you'd feel if I told you that my mother's cousin's friend got a job promotion.  This person is someone who you don't know, and who you will probably never interact with, ever.  Whether that person gets a promotion or not has no bearing on your life.  You don't have to throw a party for this person, nor do you have to be furious that they got anything.  Their promotion doesn't mean that you'll miss out on anything good in life.

Now extend that to video game characters.

Okay, but think of it like this. What if I knew people at that workplace and thought someone else should've gotten that job promotion? I'd be disappointed that that other person didn't get it. Nothing wrong with that.

And of course, it's not like I think Micaiah or someone winning this would be the end of the world or something. But I would miss out on someone I do like winning this because they didn't win.

EDIT: Ugh, it happened again. I could've sworn this time that someone's else's post came after my previous one...

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, but think of it like this. What if I knew people at that workplace and thought someone else should've gotten that job promotion? I'd be disappointed that that other person didn't get it. Nothing wrong with that.

And of course, it's not like I think Micaiah or someone winning this would be the end of the world or something. But I would miss out on someone I do like winning this because they didn't win.

EDIT: Ugh, it happened again. I could've sworn this time that someone's else's post came after my previous one...

That's fine and all, but don't talk about people's tastes and imply that its poor. 

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't know what goes on in management's head, nor do I really care.  I'll give their choice an honest chance, and let God sort it out.  I can't possibly make the best of a situation by being bitter about it!

It's perfectly natural to want characters that you like to be at the top.  But there's a literal world full of people out there, and what they like isn't necessarily what you like.  I'd be stupidly happy if CYL consisted of the guys I voted for in the first CYL.  I'm also realistic enough to acknowledge that it won't happen, because I have weird tastes.  But it's okay - just because I don't like someone, doesn't mean that I lost out.  I can't learn to accept new things if I'm hung up on only liking old things.  I really didn't like L'Arachel in Sacred Stones.  However, I really like what I saw of her in Heroes.  Had I not been willing to take an honest look at someone I didn't like, I would've missed this.

In other words, not having your favorites win means that you have an opportunity to expand your tastes.  Don't miss it.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh. Since you quoted me, I felt that you were referring to me. I'm sorry.

Its all good I just hate that people can't enjoy characters they personally like because somebody craps on others because they don't like said character/s and your wrong to....but it won't stop sadly...hopefully this won't go further worse for now.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Switching gears a bit, with Micaiah seemingly doing so well I wonder what they could do with her if she won. Making her a staff unit works, I guess, but it's not too exciting imo. Purge (somehow) or a fire Pyre tome (for the Awakening reference)? Hopefully she gets her Light Safe outfit. I like it much more than her third promotion. 

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Its all good I just hate that people can't enjoy characters they personally like because somebody craps on others because they don't like said character/s and your wrong to....but it won't stop sadly...

Yeah true. 

So since this conversation has become awkward due to the heated argument... 

EVERYONE VOTE FOR MALE ROBIN! 

LET LEVIN SWORD ROBIN BE A THING!

HELP ROBIN TIP THE SCALES!!!

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah true. 

So since this conversation has become awkward due to the heated argument... 

EVERYONE VOTE FOR MALE ROBIN! 

LET LEVIN SWORD ROBIN BE A THING!

HELP ROBIN TIP THE SCALES!!!

I'm surprised Levin Sword Robin hasn't been a thing already!

1 minute ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Just an idea but if Micaiah happens to win it along with the popular other options they could do a "Future Ruler" theme. I think that could be cool!

King Ephraim, Queen Micaiah, King Hector, Queen Celica...

Just saying......

I feel that Ephraim will come regardless of CYL. Eirika already released with Gleipnir, so Ephraim should get a release with Garm. 

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

I'm surprised Levin Sword Robin hasn't been a thing already!

Seriously.

1 minute ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Just an idea but if Micaiah happens to win it along with the popular other options they could do a "Future Ruler" theme. I think that could be cool!

Just saying......

But what about poor Bartre? :’(

Although Queen Celica with Beloved Zofia sounds really nice

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Switching gears a bit, with Micaiah seemingly doing so well I wonder what they could do with her if she won. Making her a staff unit works, I guess, but it's not too exciting imo. Purge (somehow) or a fire Pyre tome (for the Awakening reference)? Hopefully she gets her Light Safe outfit. I like it much more than her third promotion. 

There's always her Awakening DLC look as well.

.....Yeah, no. That's too cruel to the point where even I wouldn't wish that on her.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's fine and all, but don't talk about people's tastes and imply that its poor. 

Okay, fine, I guess.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I don't know what goes on in management's head, nor do I really care.  I'll give their choice an honest chance, and let God sort it out.  I can't possibly make the best of a situation by being bitter about it!

It's perfectly natural to want characters that you like to be at the top.  But there's a literal world full of people out there, and what they like isn't necessarily what you like.  I'd be stupidly happy if CYL consisted of the guys I voted for in the first CYL.  I'm also realistic enough to acknowledge that it won't happen, because I have weird tastes.  But it's okay - just because I don't like someone, doesn't mean that I lost out.  I can't learn to accept new things if I'm hung up on only liking old things.  I really didn't like L'Arachel in Sacred Stones.  However, I really like what I saw of her in Heroes.  Had I not been willing to take an honest look at someone I didn't like, I would've missed this.

In other words, not having your favorites win means that you have an opportunity to expand your tastes.  Don't miss it.

Alright then. And yeah, I'm pretty certain no character I like will win this. I'm just voting for Frederick and Ephraim because I like them and that's it.

Expand my tastes how, exactly? Because I've used characters in Heroes that I don't care much for, and my opinion of them didn't change...

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I feel that Ephraim will come regardless of CYL. Eirika already released with Gleipnir, so Ephraim should get a release with Garm. 

Seriously.

That's true. I was just going based on how popular Ephraim seems to be to win is all. 

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

But what about poor Bartre? :’(

Although Queen Celica with Beloved Zofia sounds really nice

I'm sorry, I don't really know Bartre that well... :( I'm sure he's great though!

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

There's always her Awakening DLC look as well.

.....Yeah, no. That's too cruel to the point where even I wouldn't wish that on her.

That's just cruel lol

5 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Just saying......

Rigain Celica is my desire!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

lol no it isn't. Elincia is the female lead of PoR and present for nearly the whole game. And in RD, she's the main character of part 2 and plays a role in parts 3 and 4 as well. And Micaiah still does not appear in PoR at all, so she can't represent it. Ever.

And I already said, I. Don't. Like. Micaiah. I will NEVER vote for her or be glad for anything she gets.

I still doubt they care for Tellius. Tellius just seems more liked in the west to me.

Only appearing in part of the story doesn't mean you can't represent it. Ike only shows up in part 3 yet he represents RD more than Micaiah. Micaiah not appearing in part one of Tellius doesn't mean she doesn't represent Tellius. Also, unfortunately for Elincia, she didn't do anywhere near as well as Mia and Nephenee which is quite odd considering their plot relevance, so oddly enough, those two girls probably represent Tellius more for the fanbase than Elincia. 

Never said you should vote for her. I'm just saying that you should lessen your anger because more votes for the likes of Micaiah, Soren and Mia means Tellius is in the spotlight more. Since you like Tellius, that should be a blessing in disguise. 

Tellius being more liked in the West doesn't necessarily mean the Japanese don't care for it. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. This poll is not proof of anything but it can give us hope I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

Just saying......

Hector was never royalty...his title was Marquess Ostia in FE6...

Going by that royalty theme...

- King Marth

- Exalt Chrom

- Queen Guinivere

- Queen Hinoka

- King Leo

- Queen L ‘Arachel

- King Innes

- Queen Caeda

Just to list a few.

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Are you trying to get yourself banned? :P:

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Expand my tastes how, exactly? Because I've used characters in Heroes that I don't care much for, and my opinion of them didn't change...

You aren't going to like everyone you touch.  That's also natural.  I was somewhat neutral about Raigh, and then I heard his lines.  He's now near and dear to my heart, and my first vote went towards his brother.  I wasn't a fan of Camilla until I got her Spring outfit. . .and she's now a permanent part of my team.  I was fond of Titania, then I heard her level-up lines, and lost a bit of faith in the writing team.

There's no telling what will happen with each new incarnation of a character.  If you don't like someone, then make a mental note of it and move on.  The roster is huge, and there's bound to be someone who you'll take a fancy to!  Perhaps the developers will do the impossible, and release a version of Micaiah that I like. . .I can dream, can't I?

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hector was never royalty...

Going by that royalty theme...

- King Marth

- Exalt Chrom

- Queen Guinivere

- Queen Hinoka

- King Leo

- Queen L ‘Arachel

- King Innes

- Queen Caeda

Just to list a few.

I know that lore-wise Marth ends up being king, and Chrom becomes Exalt, but I'm honestly surprised that there's isn't Cipher or other artwork done for the others (I believe one of Chrom's Cipher cards has him in Exalt garb).

Edited by Liliesgrace