Nolan VS Boyd

The 2 Reavers  

62 members have voted

1. 1. The 2 Reavers

• Nolan
    • Boyd

......I knew that.....

but personally I wish he had an affinity that helped him get more strength because Nolan can take a hit, so he doesn't need to dodge all that much, he just needs to do damage back

Earth affects strength as well, judging if he supports with the right people.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earth affects strength as well, judging if he supports with the right people.

true, I know that because I have Ike and Soren support and they get +2 str with an A support. But like Leo and Eddie at A support they get +3 (IIRC), which is what I wish he had, but I guess +2 is good enough

Edited by CGV

Boyd is better because he has green hair.

:mellow:

in all seriousness, they're practically the same. all the stats they don't cap, they end up being 1-2 points away from capping, so meh

true, I know that because I have Ike and Soren support and they get +2 str with an A support. But like Leo and Eddie at A support they get +3 (IIRC), which is what I wish he had, but I guess +2 is good enough

That's entirely from Soren's Dark affinity. Earth is NOTHING but dodge. Earth x Earth = +45 dodge at A rank, period.

I personally find he needs to dodge reliably because his defense is pretty crappy until you comfortably get up there in levels to abuse the hell out of bonus XP. Pair him up with Leonardo (at least early on) for damage bonuses. Only fire and water affinities add to strength. (Water does strength and defense, making the Leo/Nolan grouping all sorts of win.)

Weren't you the one writing "Jill is better because she has red hair"? You use to judge people after their hair-color?

XD

I say that just to cover up my own biased opinions! :P

as I've said, both are the same, but Boyd has a super-special place just because he was in PoR, unlike Nolan.

XD I balanced them again... Anyways I vote Nolan just to balance the vote because Nolan is like... the only thing keeping the DB alive but Boyd is just another over powered unit in Ike's group.

To be honest, I can't see myself getting as far as I've gotten right now in Hard mode without Nolan (Currently on 1-5).

Edited by Raven

To be honest, I can't see myself getting as far as I've gotten right now in Hard mode without Nolan (Currently on 1-5).

But that can be said about most characters when it comes to hard mode. I bet even edward saved you a few times.

But that can be said about most characters when it comes to hard mode. I bet even edward saved you a few times.

I doubt that Illyana and Leonardo were the reasons he won.

Seriously, without Nolan, the only way to beat Part 1 on Hard Mode would be to abuse Sothe. And that's NO GOOD.

I doubt that Illyana and Leonardo were the reasons he won.

Seriously, without Nolan, the only way to beat Part 1 on Hard Mode would be to abuse Sothe. And that's NO GOOD.

Hey, Ilyana was a serious godsend for me in hard mode. Nolan has HP, it's the only reason he's any useful in hard mode IMO. He gets hit just as much, or more, and needs constant healing, like anyone else.

Hey, Ilyana was a serious godsend for me in hard mode. Nolan has HP, it's the only reason he's any useful in hard mode IMO. He gets hit just as much, or more, and needs constant healing, like anyone else.

Since you're SUCH an advocate of personal experience, I'll have you know that everytime I've used Ilyana, she sucked horribly. I've never had a good Ilyana. Does that mean the Ilyana is bad? No. But you seem to think that Nolan sucks based solely on your experiences, not taking into account that he has great def and HP, which the DB NEEDS.