General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

Tobin's refine isn't that bad for him, since he wants points in every stat, but I honestly wish the guy got more than just +4 to all stats (which is becoming more & more boring as an effect considering IS gives it to damn near every unit nowdays). If his weapon was given just one more effect (something like Guard or Sudden Panic) it would have let him at least carve a niche among the plethora of stronger sword units. The fact that Gray, who was already better than Tobin, gets two effects on his base weapon, while Tobin gets only one, just adds salt to the wound.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is time for Distant Counter weapons (especially on low to medium performance units like Camus, Xander, and Ike) to start getting refines.

Yes, Distant Counter is a high value skill, but it's actually better to have it on your A slot than on your weapon. A character with a DC weapon has one skill on their weapon, while a character without it may have 2 or even 3 skills on their weapon. 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I think it is time for Distant Counter weapons (especially on low to medium performance units like Camus, Xander, and Ike) to start getting refines.

Yes, Distant Counter is a high value skill, but it's actually better to have it on your A slot than on your weapon. A character with a DC weapon has one skill on their weapon, while a character without it may have 2 or even 3 skills on their weapon. 

Well, Tier 4 A-Skills like Mirror Stance 3 or Distance Defense 4 also have around 2-3 effects which synergism very well with DC weapons. That being said, Camus and Xander specifically need refines since their stat spreads are outdated. Something simple like +4 to all stats would do wonders for them.

16 hours ago, Etheus said:

Right now, it's way better to have Distant Counter on your weapon than in the A slot because of how powerful the best A-slot skills have gotten. The only time you would want Distant Counter in the A slot instead of on the weapon is when the unit already has a weapon with an effect of comparable strength to the best A-slot skills.

40 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Camus isn't getting a refine until everybody adapts to the new pronunciation of his name. 

Say-mew-ss is obviously the correct pronunciation, just like how Caeda is pronounced see-duh.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, GenealogyOfTheHolyValflame said:

Happy for the units that got a refine, they all really needed it. But where is Arvis' refine for god's sake!

I've +10nd my Alvis, so I'd very much like to see a refine there too. Maybe expanding the Ploy effect to hit all stats and increase it's stat deduction. And then for the effect on top of that (some times they boost basic effects and give an added effect on top of it, right?) maybe give him Fury to synergies with his health recovery.

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I've +10nd my Alvis, so I'd very much like to see a refine there too. Maybe expanding the Ploy effect to hit all stats and increase it's stat deduction. And then for the effect on top of that (some times they boost basic effects and give an added effect on top of it, right?) maybe give him Fury to synergies with his health recovery.

I would like to see something where the penalties on enemies are added to your attack, similar to Blizzard. And increase the amount that it debuffs of course.

49 minutes ago, GenealogyOfTheHolyValflame said:

I would like to see something where the penalties on enemies are added to your attack, similar to Blizzard. And increase the amount that it debuffs of course.

Ah, yes. That would make a lot of sense. Seems down right obvious in fact. If he could hit ever stat and then add them all onto his attack it would turn him into a beast! All though hitting every stat isn't strictly necessary as he can already do that with ploys on his C and S slots. It'd just free them up for him. Speaking of which, can we get some Lv4 Ploy skills? 5 stat reduction seems a little weak with the power creep now. I think they could go up to 7, or at least 6.

I don't know what to expect for any of these heroes. I hope Ursula gets something... decent.

Well... we are getting 1 Book 2 Hero per update now, so that's why Eirika is here while L'Arachel doesn't. Maybe the "beautiful princess of peerless beauty" is next. She would be the first 3-4* Book 2 hero to get one though.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

the tome being red bothers me

That bothers me too...

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sigh, it looks like another Kana situation where Eirika gets a refine, but Larchel doesn't.

Agreed. They may be prioritising 5* only Heroes, but that's not a good sign...

And while this isn't the same situation as with L'Arachel, I'm upset that Lyon has been passed over for a refine yet again despite Ursula getting a new weapon this month. Maybe he's coming soo too? Maybe?

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And while this isn't the same situation as with L'Arachel, I'm upset that Lyon has been passed over for a refine yet again despite Ursula getting a new weapon this month. Maybe he's coming soo too? Maybe?

With Ursula being one of the very first Grand Hero Battles in the game, I think she's fine finally getting a refine.

But now that Robin, Ursula, Michalis, Navarre, and Zephiel all have a refine, where is Narcian's refine? I figure he should get a Rune Axe in the same way Caeda has a Wing Sword, and it should have the same base effect as Forsyth's Sol Lance.

36 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yes! L'Arachel needs a refine soo badly! Ivaldi just isn't that good! Lyon also really needs one. Inflicting disadvantage oon colorless enemies isn't very helpful most of the time.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

But now that Robin, Ursula, Michalis, Navarre, and Zephiel all have a refine, where is Narcian's refine? I figure he should get a Rune Axe in the same way Caeda has a Wing Sword, and it should have the same base effect as Forsyth's Sol Lance.

Since Narcian is the lost 4th Whitewing, he should receive the Whitewing Axe and have the "triangle attack" refinement

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

With Ursula being one of the very first Grand Hero Battles in the game, I think she's fine finally getting a refine.

Full base Sol Lance effect would mean a +Res refinement would give it a strictly better effect, and its unique refinement would probably be even better. Wouldn't necessarily make Narcian better overall, but it still seems a bit generous for such an easily available unit relative to a weapon on a relatively recent premium unit. Maybe a lower HP gain, like 5 to match the recent winter weapons or 7 to beat them?

Ursula helped me a lot in early game since Reinhardt didn't come home to me until six months after he came out, so I will give her the refine in honor of that.  I am now waiting for a bunch of grail units to get refines like Arvis he helped me so much when he first came out.