Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

20% bonus units are still bonus units.

I don't have a 20% bonus unit that is ready.

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Get Gerome with a score of 2,000 to have a 40% bonus unit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It has never been easier to have a full team of bonus units with Germone giving 40%. 

Not a bad idea....

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

You never used Olivia? Even at 4* she will almost have stats like a 5*+5 unit thanks to the TT boost. 

Edited by mampfoid

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You never used Olivia? Even at 4* she will almost have stats like a 5*+5 unit thanks to the TT boost. 

im too lazy XD

I want to build up HM, so I'm currently using a team of 4* +ATK Donnel, 4* +ATK Cherche with Brave Axe+ and DB3, 4* Gerome and 4* Olivia and it's surprisingly fun to use them and totally manageable to get to the last map in most cases where I just switch to a Falchion and F!Robin.

I plan on getting Cherche to 5* next week and maybe Olivia too, so it's probably getting a bit easier then.

Well this is a weird team, but I decided I had to try F!Robin, Donnel, Olivia and M!Morgan.

It's actually not all that bad, despite only Morgan being 5*. They're actually able to clear the final map, though not without casualty yet.

Also, I'm curious who had been guessing the sacred seals. Because bravo, you got them right. And I'm not quite feeling them.

Edit: HOLY CRAP DONNEL CAN ACTUALLY SOLO MAPS.

Edited by Dayni

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

No one to blame here but yourself, really. Olivia is extremely useful due to being a dancer. Mine is still an unmerged 4★ and she puts a LOT of work with a ruby sword, Wings, and hones.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

No one to blame here but yourself, really. Olivia is extremely useful due to being a dancer. Mine is still an unmerged 4★ and she puts a LOT of work with a ruby sword, Wings, and hones.

I'm not blaming anyone though. 

12 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

im too lazy XD

I always thought using a dancer is the lazy option. :-) 

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Well this is a weird team, but I decided I had to try F!Robin, Donnel, Olivia and M!Morgan.

Not weird at all, this is my second team which I will use for the most runs. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Not weird at all, this is my second team which I will use for the most runs. 

I consider it weird because Olivia's my least used dancer (on HM, I'm actually using her more than Azura right now), Donnel only comes out for strats involving him and F!Robin is only dealing with the occasional Reinhardt nowadays. They're also all 4*, though Donnel and Olivia have +2 merge and support each other.

M!Morgan's also my only 40% unit, so I thought "Why not."

Again, 4 units with boosted stats is too good.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

This is why TTs are great: They give you the opportunity to use benched units and let them shine.

Lol the regret of always having left Donnel and Cherche in the backburner intensifies. I have them both at 4* with high merges but only at level 1. I blame the game bad boon/bane Cherches.

4* +10 Ruby Sword Olivia is wonderful though. She's making Grima the easiest TT boss I've faced in a while.

1 minute ago, Sylphid said:

Lol the regret of always having left Donnel and Cherche in the backburner intensifies. I have them both at 4* with high merges but only at level 1. I blame the game bad boon/bane Cherches.

Time to use Crystals on them, they'll get enough SP during TTs (double SP for two weeks, quad-SP on weekends). 

43 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

im too lazy XD

To be honest, now is the best time to train Olivia. Just user her in the easy TTs until you get her to Lv 40, she'll get double EXP and SP plus bonus stats!

Anyway, some TT shenanigans in pictures:

Hone Cavalry boosted Seal Falchion (neutral Atk Chrom) vs. Lunatic 5 Grima. Lunatic 7 does 86 or 87 damage instead.

tumblr_p5mmceRk8o1qcrdmuo1_540.png

Ruby Sword+ Olivia doing finishing off Lunatic 7 Grima while brushing off Ignis with HP to spare (Your sacrifice wasn't in vain Palla)

tumblr_p5mmjjkJPa1qcrdmuo5_400.png

So I have a 40% bonus agter 2 battles- so I decided tot try a run lugging around an unlevelled Gerome in Lunatic 7, which led to this battle. A Level 2 Gerome decimating a Level 40 L'Arachel with Poleaxe (to be fair, L'Arachel also took Fury damage). Also Gerome was Hone Fliers boosted while L'Arachel had a Rally Def/Res boost from Roderick.

tumblr_p5mmjjkJPa1qcrdmuo1_250.pngtumblr_p5mmjjkJPa1qcrdmuo2_250.pngtumblr_p5mmjjkJPa1qcrdmuo3_250.png

Also speaking of Gerome, Mask Emblem in the making! Prepare for the Masked Duo from the Future!

tumblr_p5mmjjkJPa1qcrdmuo4_400.png

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Time to use Crystals on them, they'll get enough SP during TTs (double SP for two weeks, quad-SP on weekends). 

Oh yeah, that's a thing. Will definitely do this for Donnel, but I think I'll wait for a better boon&bane on Cherche since Gerome will do same thing as her but with better bonus multiplier.

So I trained my Team B of 4 star Donnel, 4 star Gerome, a spare Olivia and Wrys to get them up to speed level-wise.

Between Drag Back on Donnel and Hit and Run + Guidance Seal on Gerome, playing this team has been really fun with all the movement shenanigans! Donnel's Brave Lance and Drag Back make such a good combo, and Gerome's Hit and Run makes for great team play.

Sadly...I don't think I'll be able to use Cherche much, since Gerome is already a 40% bonus and my only bonus for my main account.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Looks like a lot of fun! Do you already know what skills to give to Gerome? Fortress Def doesn't suit him in my opinion. 

I'm not giving him any skills yet to be honest. Waiting to get the 5 star version first before putting skills, just to save feathers.

Even with just Hit and Run, he does well with his utility as a Guidance flier or even just deleting cavalry with the Poleaxe.

I guess eventually if I had to give him skills, Brave Axe, Bonfire and Death Blow would work well, just like his mother. Although I'm just going for cheap skills since Kleins are rare for me. Maybe I'll spare a Hawkeye or something.

I'll probably just use him for AA after the TT anyway. I'm more invested in Cherche, since I really like her character. Plus gameplay-wise she has access to natures and merges, so she's probably better in the long run. At least Gerome has better Res I guess.

Decided on an autobattle team of Horse Chrom, Horse Ephraim, Gunnthra and Priscilla for now. The former three all desperately need SP because I've basically never used them before. Was sorely tempted to 5-star Robin but I don't really want Gronnwolf+ and 40000 feathers total to also give her Gronnraven+ seems over the top.

Kinda-sorta considering promoting an Atk/Spd Chrom to have a third Falchion user for later in the tempest. Marth has been HM-capped since the previous one, and Martha is at 3.3k. Never had Lucina or Alm because the gacha hates me.

Well, despite the sort of existential crisis that the intro threw my way, my team seems to work pretty well. It's Female Morgan, Lucina (maxed HM, but Grima slayer and to me she is Morgan's mom), Grima (ironic, isn't it?), and Lissa (also maxed HM).

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

I'm not giving him any skills yet to be honest. Waiting to get the 5 star version first before putting skills, just to save feathers.

Even with just Hit and Run, he does well with his utility as a Guidance flier or even just deleting cavalry with the Poleaxe.

I guess eventually if I had to give him skills, Brave Axe, Bonfire and Death Blow would work well, just like his mother. Although I'm just going for cheap skills since Kleins are rare for me. Maybe I'll spare a Hawkeye or something.

I'll probably just use him for AA after the TT anyway. I'm more invested in Cherche, since I really like her character. Plus gameplay-wise she has access to natures and merges, so she's probably better in the long run. At least Gerome has better Res I guess.

Mine will keep H&R + Poleaxe as well, I don't want to make him a worse Cherche. Perhaps I'll try something like Fury+Sol, first I have to check my Hinata stock. 

He has got 3 more RES than neutral Cherche, but 19 is still not much. With Fury + TT boosted stats he would arrive to 26 and won't die immediately to blue mages at least. 

56 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Kinda-sorta considering promoting an Atk/Spd Chrom to have a third Falchion user for later in the tempest. Marth has been HM-capped since the previous one, and Martha is at 3.3k. Never had Lucina or Alm because the gacha hates me.

If you don't want to invest feathers in Chrom, you could check your barracks if you have some red TA users (Roy, Sanaki, TA/Raven Sophia) or Ruby swords (Seth, Stahl, Ruby Olivia) that need some HM. 

Btw: Does Chrom still want -SPD as his bane with the new refinement option? 

Edited by mampfoid

I think this final map is trying to make me hate this game. Grima is easy enough if you have a decent red, but his buddies keep causing issues. Or maybe that is just because I have had Miss Thani pretty much everytime in an arrangement that makes it tricky to drop her with putting my horsies/armors in grave danger.

Anyways - Main team is Horseirika/Legendary Ephraim/Can't Stop This Chrom/Frederick. So why does Miss Thani cause issues? Apparently Freddy just misses the kill with his default weapon. Haven't felt like dumping the 20k neccesary to give him Brave Axe and Reposition from Mr. Excellent Fodder, but maybe I should. Eirika also has her default assist instead of a positional, not sure if a positional would have saved anyone, but maybe.

Secondary is my standard armor team of Amelia/Winter Tharja/Elvector/Booklyn.

This last map just really feels like you need a dancer to pull people out of danger.

Still not sure what to do for an Auto battle team. I think my armor team is my best bet there, except for that fact that they will get destroyed on the final map with how often Miss Thani seems to like to spawn + the fact that only Tharja can easily deal with Grima. Plus watching one auto battle for them was horrific some of the maps in this one seem to really throw off the autobattle AI. They split up WAY too often which leaves them as sitting ducks. I doubt Horses will fare any better given their habit of overextending.