Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Considering that the Elvish language of Middle-Earth was made by Tolkien alone, and both Klingon and Atlantean (From Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and actual functioning language, believe it or not) were made by Mark Okrand, you'd be surprised by the skill, talent, and creativity of linguists.

How do you make a gif? (I'm actually curious about this).

Edited by Hawkwing

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hold up. Is this a Doctor Who reference? If so, hello fellow Doctor Who fan.

Why yes it is!

8 hours ago, ProfImpossible said:

Explain hockey to me.

Some of them bois that took some ice skating classes pick up sticks and smack around a black piece of plastic until it goes into one of their soccer goals that they got from your local Home Depot.

Why do I desire a Fallen Celica and a Female Grima!Robin?

He's from Chon'sin, actually. (OMG you watched that youtube vid too?)

Why didn't Misty in the Pokemon anime just make Ash buy her a new bike instead of following him around all the time because he broke it?

@Hawkwing There are sites that you can use. Google "make animated gif online" or something.

Edited by Dragoncat

Because back in the older games, a bike's prices was a million pieces of money, but their wallets could only handle 999,999. To make sure they can afford it, Ash gives half his money to Misty all the time so that they can pay 500,000 each (All of it is his money though.)

Why doesn't anyone else like Deen?

Because people like the edge. But there's a difference between cool edgy characters and Cold Steel the Hedgehog.

Why do we see color?

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

@Hawkwing There are sites that you can use. Google "make animated gif online" or something.

Thank You.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Why do we see color?

Light bounces off objects at different wavelengths, producing different sensations on the eye.

What's the difference between "nerd" and "geek"?

A "nerd" is someone who likes stuff so much they know everything about it. A "geek" is someone who doesn't fit in with social norms.
That's how I always saw it, anyway. I have actually no idea.

What does "groovy" mean?

A groove, or even the groove, is when a group of musicians are totally in sync with themselves, the music, and each other. It's originally a jazz term, but hippies have since coerced it to mean something like "cool"or "sweet".

What does "pull the chains" mean?

Curiosity.

What is it with the overabundance of rabbits and bunnies in children's books and advertisements?

Edited by Hawkwing

Because kids love furries and bunnies (specifically the Easter bunny) is Jesus' fursona 

What if you dab on the haters...but the haters dab back? ???

Edited by Nordanist1831

Then you start a dab party and everything's awesome.

Is a stop sign telling you to collaborate and listen, that it's hammer time, or is it in the name of love?

It has an interesting dynamic where there are a lot of angles to choose from when deciding to attack its neighbors, but it also has a lot of places where it can be attacked, making for an interesting balance choice for the game as a whole. Besides, most of that land is made of useless snow anyway.

Why am I logged out of Serenes Forrest every time I close my laptop?

Because you have a little troll living in it that does it. Or your browser settings are off or something.

Am I weird for not being into Star Wars or all these superhero movies?

1 hour ago, Purple Mage said:

Something that cannot be reversed.

Why did @Hawkwing and @DisobeyedCargo nominate me for SF Interviews?

Nothing better to do

9 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

It has an interesting dynamic where there are a lot of angles to choose from when deciding to attack its neighbors, but it also has a lot of places where it can be attacked, making for an interesting balance choice for the game as a whole. Besides, most of that land is made of useless snow anyway.

Why am I logged out of Serenes Forrest every time I close my laptop?

Cause you clearly shouldn't be here

why did I grind for three days to get the shining bow for sakura?