We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

2 hours ago, BBM said:

I haven't rolled scum in two years so if he's me he's probably just an Innocent Townie being lazy!!!

How could you forget our stint as scumbuddies on smogon? I'm hurt. Anyway is Rein the best use of your vote right now? You criticise Via for keeping their vote on RVS yet you're basically doing the same. I also think the way Refa approached this situation ("active players are all townie so I'll sheep one for pressure") is townie but the way you've kinda come in and asked a bunch of questions that you admitted you're doing out of obligation(like with the Via push) just for content looks scummy. This is also different to weapons who has done nothing.

##Unvote
##Vote: BBM

@athena_57 Who is scum? Were you mafia last game?

3 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So, I noticed I seemed to have lost my vote in the 1.2 vote count... Eclipse stole my vote?

You should try voting to test this, I think eclipse was only claiming mayor though and that seems to be everyone else's impression so I doubt it.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, athena_57 said:

Posting does not equal activity.

Thoughts on what's been going on so far?

My thoughts are that its day 1 and im stupid so it aint a graet idea to vote right now

^^ An interesting take on the "no point in voting on D1" trend we've seen recently to be sure.

Still often comes from town though before people get all upset for the 1000th time.

2 minutes ago, Zkirsche said:

@athena_57 Who is scum? Were you mafia last game?

As for your first question, you're asking for my reads? I'm leaning town/null on most actives atm (and null on inactives of course)

Second question: Yes I was scum last game, EO3 mafia.

2 minutes ago, zeus_112 said:

My thoughts are that its day 1 and im stupid so it aint a graet idea to vote right now

You don't have to vote to give your opinion. What do you think of Walrein's vote on me for example? Justified/indifferent/scummy? Why? And what do you think of the BBM posts and votes?

Okay so can we stop with the role spec? I don't think it's useful and I don't think anyone is gonna break the game that way. 

I'll give vague village leans on Walrein, Athena, Eclipse, and Vi for trying to have reads early which feels bad but it's what I got rn. 

3 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

As for your first question, you're asking for my reads? I'm leaning town/null on most actives atm (and null on inactives of course)

Second question: Yes I was scum last game, EO3 mafia.

You don't have to vote to give your opinion. What do you think of Walrein's vote on me for example? Justified/indifferent/scummy? Why? And what do you think of the BBM posts and votes?

I understand him for voting you, but I think it was not to kill you. Just to get a more thoughtfull reaction from you

I don't think Athena would play the exact same way ED1 as scum if he got flak for it last game as he seems to remember getting flak and being self-conscious about it.

Okay so I read the posts and here are my thoughts: 

Walrein, Vi town.  

Fable town 

Eclipse probably town 

Bbm has some weird posts but not sure if it's weird or scummy 

Weapons made a "everything looks towny" post that I really don't think looks good. 

I'll make more detailed posts as the day progresses. I don't know most people and still adapting to the site culture.  Not ready to place a vote yet.  

3 minutes ago, Bibbon said:

Weapons made a "everything looks towny" post that I really don't think looks good.  

Isn't that kind of what you just did yourself, apart from mentioning bbm was "weird"?

Athena my logic is that scum are more likely to try to fake content, that they are more likely to try and make sure their votes are on someone for "pressure". Do you disagree with that logic? How is it nitpicky and/or is that not what BBM is doing in your opinion?

Also tbf to Bibbon the fact that they criticise weapons as well as BBM means it's more than what you're saying it is.

59 minutes ago, Fable said:

How am I to make incredible post count reads and seem like a WW expert now? 

Sadly that is one of the many useful features SF has lost in its many "upgrades".

1 hour ago, Zkirsche said:

I don't think Athena would play the exact same way ED1 as scum if he got flak for it last game as he seems to remember getting flak and being self-conscious about it.

Athena didn't really get that much flak for it though. He only said someone was bothered by it. Athena was mostly townread during D1 last game, so he doesn't really have any reason to change his early game now.

@athena_57 The problem with voting inactives is that it's an easy way to avoid discussion while making it look like you're contributing. Voting someone who's not reading the thread isn't going to magically make them appear.

I don't think Athena is scummy right now btw, just wanted to clear some things up.

From a skim, I'm most obthered by SoySoy at the moment. I feel like he's pulling a Beast on us (refrence to Anti-Hero Mafia) by making up excuses for why he doesn't need to have reads. For what it's worth, he's at least doing a better job at it then Sully did, so for now:

##Unvote

##Vote: SatsumaFSoySoy

##unvote 

##vote kirsche

my biggest problem with his BBM vote is that he's taking bbm and vias situation out of context. BBM questioned why via was voting rvs when he implied that he had a read. BBM was voting rvs because he didn't have a read so it doesn't make sense to say he's hypocritical. I also don't see what's wrong with asking questions when you have nothing else to go off of. Although that's more personal opinion I suppose but the above point still stands.

2 minutes ago, Zkirsche said:

Athena my logic is that scum are more likely to try to fake content, that they are more likely to try and make sure their votes are on someone for "pressure". Do you disagree with that logic? How is it nitpicky and/or is that not what BBM is doing in your opinion?

Also tbf to Bibbon the fact that they criticise weapons as well as BBM means it's more than what you're saying it is.

I would agree with you... in later stages of the game. At the time of my vote it was straight up RVS. Any other vote would've been random/gut and there wouldn't be a confrontation either. No point in "faking content", when no-one is really producing.

Yes, Bibbon's post is more, but only marginally so. I'm not attacking them, more curious how they see that as scummy if they don't have any reads themselves besides this read.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Athena didn't really get that much flak for it though. He only said someone was bothered by it. Athena was mostly townread during D1 last game, so he doesn't really have any reason to change his early game now.

@athena_57 The problem with voting inactives is that it's an easy way to avoid discussion while making it look like you're contributing. Voting someone who's not reading the thread isn't going to magically make them appear.

I got the impression I was townread DESPITE that, not that it didn't have any negative impact. In any case, I'm not here to talk about last game.

As for the second line, see above. It is scummy when there's something to talk about. There wasn't anything to talk about. I dont't treat it as "summoning" them, I treat it is placing pressure on someone I'm not currently townreading.

I'll reread SoySoy, then get back on that.

40 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

Okay, reread SatsumaFSoySoy and their content is pretty bad. A grand total of 4 filler posts followed by the excuse you mentioned. I'll sheep this for now for pressure.

this post feels overexplainy

need a temp check is athena always overexplainy or am i onto something 

1 hour ago, Bibbon said:

Okay so I read the posts and here are my thoughts: 

Walrein, Vi town.  

Fable town 

Eclipse probably town 

Bbm has some weird posts but not sure if it's weird or scummy 

I'll make more detailed posts as the day progresses. I don't know most people and still adapting to the site culture.  Not ready to place a vote yet.  

what do you find weird about bbm's posting?

why do you think "everyone is towny" looks bad? it's a read i don't think is historically very alignment indicative 

3 hours ago, zeus_112 said:

this ain't a great mindset but it IS a big mood so

overnight posting didn't really change my reads much 

my initial athena vote was for saying "I'd like to break us out of rvs" and doing exactly nothing to help us do so

and now it's also for the post i quoted above + some general gut vibes 

nobody else stands out as sus to me

...Right.  Still worth voting.

I think Junk's Kirsche vote is good, too.  BBM's vote and actions are fine if he doesn't have reads, and I don't like how that's being framed as scummy.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

From a skim, I'm most obthered by SoySoy at the moment. I feel like he's pulling a Beast on us (refrence to Anti-Hero Mafia) by making up excuses for why he doesn't need to have reads. For what it's worth, he's at least doing a better job at it then Sully did, so for now:

##Unvote

Can you explain this?  As someone who barely has any reads himself, I don't think a new player (I think Satsuma is new, anyways) being lost early on is fine.  What makes it more likely to be scum making excuses to you?