• Yes
    • No
    • Never tried
    • Ew

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am, of course, a an of great and infinitely quotable wisdom.

The poll doesn't ask, and this might not exist outside of the South, but has anyone here tried honey butter? I think it's pretty good, not quite regular butter tier because it's not nearly as versatile. Butter makes everything better, but honey butter is just a nice, slightly sweet bread spread.

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I am, of course, a an of great and infinitely quotable wisdom.

The poll doesn't ask, and this might not exist outside of the South, but has anyone here tried honey butter? I think it's pretty good, not quite regular butter tier because it's not nearly as versatile. Butter makes everything better, but honey butter is just a nice, slightly sweet bread spread.

I can't eat honey right now without my insides being destroyed but once my long term medication kicks in I'll be giving this a try. I'd imagine it's something you'd be able to create pretty easily though if it's not store available? I haven't seen it (though I haven't particularly looked) but unless it requires like some weird way to mix it I'd be willing to make a small thing and give it a shot. Kind of like cannibutter (something I also have not made but know is easy to make provided you get the right stuff). Honey butter sounds really good for baking.

36 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

cannibutter is easy but tedious to make.

you know what's better than butter for lots of things? Olive Oil.

Except for "nothing."  When you just eat it by itself, butter tastes better than olive oil.

20 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

but who eats butter by itself.

I do, especially when cooking and I want to nibble on something.

11 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

but who eats butter by itself.

See question 5 admittedly I melted it, but my point still stands, butter is great 

Are there any kinds of butter that people do not like? I have not found a butter that I do not like yet.

6 hours ago, Pengaius said:

So, garlic butter anyone?

That is one of my favorite kinds of flavor on bread, but the fanciest butter I can find in my area is just regular old salted butter. I guess there is organic butter too and it is certainly more expensive, but it definitely does not taste expensive nor fancy though.

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'd be happier if butter didn't give me the screaming shits.

Well hello miss moderator, I am going to assume that since you posted here you have no intention of killing my little pet project?

As for the other thing this was not something helpful to me as I was just about to butter my scone when I read this and I fear that I have lost my appetite. Ah well a shame. You banhammered my scone you pastry murderer

19 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Well hello miss moderator, I am going to assume that since you posted here you have no intention of killing my little pet project?

As for the other thing this was not something helpful to me as I was just about to butter my scone when I read this and I fear that I have lost my appetite. Ah well a shame. You banhammered my scone you pastry murderer

For now! :P:

I'm sure that most who are lactose intolerant can find solace in margarine, even if it's an inferior clone.  Me, on the other hand. . .I'm a lost cause.

Still, I much prefer to bake with butter.  Making cookies using butter that's softened JUST RIGHT is a hell of a feeling.

love garlic butter but im on a diet for the next 5-6 months where i cannot eat garlic

please cry for me

On 08/08/2018 at 1:33 PM, Darros said:

love garlic butter but im on a diet for the next 5-6 months where i cannot eat garlic

please cry for me

I would but my tears are butter, and that hurts my eyes

13 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:
13 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Butter

Wow, it must suck when you cut onions.

I don't like onions just butter, only butter, butter is my life