Book III Opens: December 2018 (Speculation + Discussion)

Coolmanio

50 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I have a feeling that Book 3 will last longer then Book 2

Yeah, that's the impression I got too. But I also thought that about Book 2 compared to 1, so I'm not placing any bets. We'll know once we complete Ch 13 and the Chain Challenge either pops or doesn't.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, that's the impression I got too. But I also thought that about Book 2 compared to 1, so I'm not placing any bets. We'll know once we complete Ch 13 and the Chain Challenge either pops or doesn't.

They certainly have a lot to wrap up if they're still following the 13 chapter formula since that would mean only 2 chapters left.

Eir's story has kind of been moving at a snail's pace, and we have yet to see if Alfonse's theory about Lif holding the key to Hel's defeat yields any fruit.

Still hoping for something to happen in which case we get Sharena from the Book 3 art piece.

10 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

in which case we get Sharena from the Book 3 art piece.

Now that you mention it, I'm starting to think that's the Sharena from Lif's world. All we know is that his Askr was "a few years" ahead of ours when it was destroyed, so Sharena looking the same would still make sense. It'd make a pretty shocking twist for Lif too if the sister Hel was promising him turns out to be evil or completely heartbroken or Eir or something.

Edited by DefyingFates

18 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Now that you mention it, I'm starting to think that's the Sharena from Lif's world. All we know is that his Askr was "a few years" ahead of ours when it was destroyed, so Sharena looking the same would still make sense. It'd make a pretty shocking twist for Lif too if the sister Hel was promising him turns out to be evil or completely heartbroken or Eir or something.

I've figured that the art is depicting Sharena from Lif's world as well. I just wonder if it'll have any real meaning other than just being good art. 😄

I'd like to see it actually be used for a significant character. :)

Okay... Uh... Dang?! Man, I love this game's story!! Very well thought-through and it carries so much emotion! Ahh poor Lif... He's smart, though. Hmm I wonder what happened back then, with Eir and Hel...

29 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Okay... Uh... Dang?! Man, I love this game's story!! Very well thought-through and it carries so much emotion! Ahh poor Lif... He's smart, though. Hmm I wonder what happened back then, with Eir and Hel...

I'm hoping Eir and Hel's situation is up next, since they spent so much time detailing Eir's encounter with the other world's Alfonse and Sharena. I imagine that part is finally laid to rest given the last scene that depicted Other!Alfonse and Eir parting ways, which pretty much brings us to the present with her.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

...imagine that part is finally laid to rest...

Harsh wording.

But anyway, they didn't actually bring us p to the present yet. All we saw was Eir talking with Alfonse and Sharena about why she shouldn't sacrifice herself. We never saw what she actually chose. Did she go anyway? Did she stay behind, and then that heart curse thing backfire while she was in Askr? The loop isn't closed yet. Not the details, anyway.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Harsh wording.

But anyway, they didn't actually bring us p to the present yet. All we saw was Eir talking with Alfonse and Sharena about why she shouldn't sacrifice herself. We never saw what she actually chose. Did she go anyway? Did she stay behind, and then that heart curse thing backfire while she was in Askr? The loop isn't closed yet. Not the details, anyway.

Yeah, there's still a tiny bit of the timeline that still needs to be filled in. I wonder whether Hel accepted her when she returned and how soon after her memory was wiped.

And look at us, speculating about FEH's story! What a wonderful turn of events~

13 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, there's still a tiny bit of the timeline that still needs to be filled in. I wonder whether Hel accepted her when she returned and how soon after her memory was wiped.

And look at us, speculating about FEH's story! What a wonderful turn of events~

I've actually speculated about FEH's story for a long time now. I just could never find anyone else who cared. 😄

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I wonder whether Hel accepted her when she returned and how soon after her memory was wiped.

I wonder if it's more that Hel destroyed everyone and then was all "Eir, you've been naughty. This is your punishment. Did you really think that you could oppose me? Death comes for all. Now, come home. There is nothing left for you here." Paraphrasing because I don't have the energy to put effort into writing right now.

I hope it'd be obvious by now, but I've always speculated about the story, too. 'Course, it's a normal thing for me. I often speculate as I'm enjoying a story.

44 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, ooh, I do! Please don't make us look like fools later, Book 3...

I think we're safe in regards to that. 😄

Even if Book 3 ends up with a sort of half-baked ending, I think the overall experience will still hold up with how good the rest of it has been. I'm really hoping Alfonse takes the throne at the conclusion of this Book though I have a feeling they'll concoct some excuse to maintain the status quo.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I think we're safe in regards to that. 😄

Even if Book 3 ends up with a sort of half-baked ending, I think the overall experience will still hold up with how good the rest of it has been. I'm really hoping Alfonse takes the throne at the conclusion of this Book though I have a feeling they'll concoct some excuse to maintain the status quo.

Lif and Thrasir get invited to our Askr/Embla and rule so that our Alfonse/Sharena/Anna can continue doing Order of Heroes adventure stuff. Also, so that Bruno/Veronica can do stuff. <-shrug-worthy theory.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 2:20 AM, Luckenzio said:

Big fat F for Lif. Already lost pretty much everything and we just killed Thrasir, his last remnants of actual companionship. No wonder he just decided to drop the castle above everyone's head and just be done with it.

She’s dead? Well technically she already was. But you know, terminated? I really need to look back at the dialogue

35 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I must have completely missed it too. Unless it happens in the MHB or something else I haven't done?

Thrasir died again I guess after being defeated in Chapter 10. I'll admit I missed that as well until going back to check just now, but that was probably because I skipped the dialogue out of sheer indifference to the plot when I did that chapter the first time. So I suppose now that I know that, them making her summonable now makes more sense given her role in the plot is over.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Thrasir died again I guess after being defeated in Chapter 10. I'll admit I missed that as well until going back to check just now, but that was probably because I skipped the dialogue out of sheer indifference to the plot when I did that chapter the first time. So I suppose now that I know that, them making her summonable now makes more sense given her role in the plot is over.

But she has a conversation with Lif in the current chapter as if nothing happened? Is she haunting him?

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

But she has a conversation with Lif in the current chapter as if nothing happened? Is she haunting him?

I’m pretty sure that was just supposed to be a flashback. The white flash before and after that conversation had to have been put there for a reason.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m pretty sure that was just supposed to be a flashback. The white flash before and after that conversation had to have been put there for a reason.

Ah, they happened so often that I think I started automatically filtering them out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting a feeling that Book 4 will heavily focus on Loki Thorr and their familiy/world. Rokkr, Hall of Forms seem all to indicate that. Remember that Loki also got introduced via Tempest Trials (with no graphic first) and then apeared in Book II

37 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

When will we get the scene where she points her dagger at Hel from the trailer? 

I'm pretty sure that was a symbolic moment, not literal. The same way we never saw Fjorm shoot a swarm of icicles at Surtr's sun in Book 2.

26 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm pretty sure that was a symbolic moment, not literal. The same way we never saw Fjorm shoot a swarm of icicles at Surtr's sun in Book 2.

In that case, I wonder if there will be a similar moment where Eir stands up against her mother.