Arctic Mafia (Game Thread)

Mystic Arcanum

- I didn't vote for a long period of time so im scummy
- I handwaved ichigo/marth debacle and had no strong read on ichigo there wanted to lynch someone else so im scummy

Is that about it? Help me help you if I'm missing somethjing

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

- I didn't vote for a long period of time so im scummy
- I handwaved ichigo/marth debacle and had no strong read on ichigo there wanted to lynch someone else so im scummy

Is that about it? Help me help you if I'm missing somethjing

You tried to create a wagon at EOD (one of the two Dunn approved of) and Dunn didn't want to join a CFD on you to save himself.

6 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

ownreads on Jester/Bart/Sully (pending whether his scumgame matches this game or not) / Via

I think I am on opposing ends with this game, in no way is anyone besides maybe Via clear on that wagon, it did not seem something that just happened in favor of town. Why again is Bart town? Gotta be honest I stil am not getting shit with Sully so uh Sully wanna talk to me one-on-one because I read your posts as tonedeaf.

Just now, Athena_57 said:

You tried to create a wagon at EOD (one of the two Dunn approved of) and Dunn didn't want to join a CFD on you to save himself.

..Wouldn't it be better if I were scum to just vote Ichigo despite my vocal statement of them both being null? I even said I was OK with either but I took a risk cause I believe in my ability to persuade or at least I would like to believe in it because nobody seems persuaded

Just now, weinerboy said:

I think I am on opposing ends with this game, in no way is anyone besides maybe Via clear on that wagon, it did not seem something that just happened in favor of town. Why again is Bart town? Gotta be honest I stil am not getting shit with Sully so uh Sully wanna talk to me one-on-one because I read your posts as tonedeaf.

No-one on there is clean, but I do think the timing of the votes from Jester and Sully look great on them (see my first post of today), hence why I'm giving them a townread (note: not a clear)

Bart is town for the same reason I had him as town yesterday, which is that his earlygame makes more sense from town!bart in that him trying to create content there is likelier than some weirdass way to handle his vote as scum. Not my strongest townread, and the likeliest busser imo, but a townread nonetheless 

2 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

..Wouldn't it be better if I were scum to just vote Ichigo despite my vocal statement of them both being null? I even said I was OK with either but I took a risk cause I believe in my ability to persuade or at least I would like to believe in it because nobody seems persuaded

In retrospect, yes. But a hypothetical scum!you might have felt he could get a wagon elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

No-one on there is clean, but I do think the timing of the votes from Jester and Sully look great on them (see my first post of today), hence why I'm giving them a townread (note: not a clear)

Bart is town for the same reason I had him as town yesterday, which is that his earlygame makes more sense from town!bart in that him trying to create content there is likelier than some weirdass way to handle his vote as scum. Not my strongest townread, and the likeliest busser imo, but a townread nonetheless 

I hold reservations about it but I dunno I'm not getting a clean slate on this game if I keep insisting there is more wrt Bart. I can tell you right now it's not me so not focusing on Ichigo's wagon I am assuming the suspects being talked about are Me/Rad/Claire and maybe Jester? Claire is right in that people pairing us up is a dangerous situation, because honestly we both treated Ichigo almost in the same way only that Ichigo really didn't seem to notice or care about Claire from what I remember. We both had him as null and I strictly remember her saying she had no comment, and we're both being voted right now and it's just...lol

3 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

It also doesn't answer why dunn was fine voting me/jester, but not okay with wagoning you (yes, WIFOM is possible, but the 'likeliest'/easiest conclusion is that you're his partner)

Because I made a positive comment about him and complimented his playstyle to some degree so he felt like he could pocket me even if a bit slightly? There's more scenarios than one you know. I fully admit my hesitance was based on that factor but not fully, another being obsessive with my own priority.

15 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

wait hold up marth died. fuck I can't read.

##Vote: @Mitsuru Kirijo

This is either 1 of 2 things.

A. a response to an attempted dumbtell

or B. a response to an actual dumbtell

This post comes off very naturally coming from xnad like I said. It reads how i'd expect xnad to type. Considering you call xnad xbad im genuinely suprised you can't see it in this post yourself. That being said maybe you dont talk to xnad as much idk, doesnt really matter. 

for reference this was made wrt:

15 hours ago, XnadrojX said:

>Kaif subbed in for Amy

Did not see that coming.

Marth is absolutely never scum here, they never needed to push Dunn at that point.

weinerboy's most recent post ticks me off for some reason, and yeah their voting patterns are a bit sus. I'll look at that later.

For clarifying the rest of my townread on xnad: while his response to my barrage of questions early a/mid d1 wasnt very alignment indicitive the fact he bothered to start the game pushing on me was AI imo. Xnad said it himself, if im itg i nail his alignment. Fighting me ED1 seems to me to be the single most illogical play he could possible make if coming from a scum POV. 

Not gonna quote you @Jester's Gesturesbecause if i change pages i'll probably wind up deleting what i've typed up but this is in response to that one post where you asked for clarification on xnad

4 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

Because I made a positive comment about him and complimented his playstyle to some degree so he felt like he could pocket me even if a bit slightly? There's more scenarios than one you know. I fully admit my hesitance was based on that factor but not fully, another being obsessive with my own priority.

For clarity, I'm not saying you're lockscum for it either, but it is something I'm holding against you and whilst I don't have any real hard scumreads elsewhere and not a real good idea of what scumteam was doing if not trying to create a counterwagon like you/claire/rad did it makes you my de facto top scumread. Speaking of which, could you answer this:

2 hours ago, Athena_57 said:

I sort of feel that last part, but what do you (also @weinerboy ) think scumteam was doing at EOD if not trying to get a counterwagon going? Dunn was, imo, definitely not a dead man walking, at least before the sully vote, and out there giving spew so idt scumteam gave up on him.

Just now, weinerboy said:

@RADicate can you spitball your thoughts about Me/Claire in relation to each other? I get the impression you think of us is scum but not both. Am I wrong?

Errr ngl not sure where your impression came from. Im far more on board with you being scum than Claire (claire is hovering null atm, in the lynchpool ig, but not really a priority lynch), so yes i'd say that comment is wrong. If you still want me to go back and look at you/claire interactions throughout the game lmk but I dont feel it neccessary The only thing you guys seemed to share (that I can remember) is a nullish read on Dunn which is being discussed atm, which idt is indicitive of scumbuddy interactions? Granted its not a point the towards opposite alignments/townbuddies either but meh.

1 minute ago, Athena_57 said:

For clarity, I'm not saying you're lockscum for it either, but it is something I'm holding against you and whilst I don't have any real hard scumreads elsewhere and not a real good idea of what scumteam was doing if not trying to create a counterwagon like you/claire/rad did it makes you my de facto top scumread. Speaking of which, could you answer this:

You disagree with me but I'm pretty sure one was on Ichigo and then the other two were probably scumming it up elsewhere. I can't even fathom Via's replace and the way he replaced out to be scum motivated which is awesome cause he's essentially clear and even more awesome because you have 3 people who fit the bill. In my perspective it's important but not in the way this day is panning out.

1 minute ago, RADicate said:

Errr ngl not sure where your impression came from. Im far more on board with you being scum than Claire (claire is hovering null atm, in the lynchpool ig, but not really a priority lynch), so yes i'd say that comment is wrong. If you still want me to go back and look at you/claire interactions throughout the game lmk but I dont feel it neccessary The only thing you guys seemed to share (that I can remember) is a nullish read on Dunn which is being discussed atm, which idt is indicitive of scumbuddy interactions? Granted its not a point the towards opposite alignments/townbuddies either but meh.

You were teetering on Claire early on and I never felt like you established how you felt about them but never really got off that thought you had earlier, which was something I had a bit of a problem with cause it seemed like you were pushing your grievances onto others so nobody was focusing on you. If my greatest sin is garnering attention through taking risks that I apparently wasn't taking (like, think about this in your head people were on me about not doing anything and now they're on me because I did something lmfao) then by all means I'm guilty.

1 minute ago, weinerboy said:

You disagree with me but I'm pretty sure one was on Ichigo and then the other two were probably scumming it up elsewhere. I can't even fathom Via's replace and the way he replaced out to be scum motivated which is awesome cause he's essentially clear and even more awesome because you have 3 people who fit the bill. In my perspective it's important but not in the way this day is panning out.

I'm not saying I'm not open to the idea of a busser ftr. I'm just sort of ??? on what the other member was doing and how Ichigo's behaviour at EOD fited with that. Like let's run with the scum!Bart scenario. Let's also say the other scummember isn't one of the people trying to create a counterwagon, so it's like xnad or whatever who's just laying low. Why has the team given up on him when jester, maybe marth/me are possible counterwagons being thrown out and why is ichigo giving out spew when his team has given up on him?

1 minute ago, RADicate said:

@weinerboywhat's your read on athena rn? Do you think this push on you is more likely town!motivated or scum!motivated?

More complicated than I want it to be. It was easier to write certain things off but I also am noticing the behavior some people alluded to where he lacks a certain conviction in his pushes. I think the trickier part of this is that you have Bart/Athena in this vacuum where he swears Bart towntold and I am left just sorta going 'ok' because I don't have that established meta or experience, so even in the moments I enjoyed his content/found him agreeable I am in contention. Is this arrogance on my part? It very well might be but I'd feel about my undoing just sticking to my guns and I've definitely been lynched for that as town

4 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

I'm not saying I'm not open to the idea of a busser ftr. I'm just sort of ??? on what the other member was doing and how Ichigo's behaviour at EOD fited with that. Like let's run with the scum!Bart scenario. Let's also say the other scummember isn't one of the people trying to create a counterwagon, so it's like xnad or whatever who's just laying low. Why has the team given up on him when jester, maybe marth/me are possible counterwagons being thrown out and why is ichigo giving out spew when his team has given up on him?

I gave Jordan a handwave on D1 that didn't elaborate on for feeling like his posts were so careless that it couldn't possibly come from scum, but that sounds condescending in hindsight. I realize in some way I gave Amy the same pass but being in the predicament I am in it's different. I think that what could've happened is that Bart realized he was into trouble so maybe not intentionally Ichigo decided to take the fall because that early instance where everyone was on him and commenting could be counted off as happenstance and not something that was telling, and this is something I was trying to fight against. It's really hard to say 'I don't wanna talk about' because it's a lie and I definitely do but I digress. To answer you more clearly if my stubbornness happens to be right I'd say finding scum off the wagon for me rn would lie in Jester/RAD/Shinori/Sully because I remember have vague reasons for liking Shinori and he doesn't have a strong presence. In terms of how I'd rate it from varying confidence? Jester > RAD > Shinori > Claire = Jordan. If Bart isn't scum and I make an ass out of myself? I don't really feel much changes.

3 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

You were teetering on Claire early on and I never felt like you established how you felt about them but never really got off that thought you had earlier, which was something I had a bit of a problem with cause it seemed like you were pushing your grievances onto others so nobody was focusing on you. If my greatest sin is garnering attention through taking risks that I apparently wasn't taking (like, think about this in your head people were on me about not doing anything and now they're on me because I did something lmfao) then by all means I'm guilty.

I mean, I didnt establish how I felt about them because I never came to a defentitive conclusion wrt a read on them. Hell, i still havent taken a heavy stance on their alignment.  So yea by every definition you could say I hedged on them. On the point that I felt their post came across as defensive I came to a personal conclusion that it was just a tonal thing and dismissed it.

I guess I can see the arguement where the intent of mine was to push attention off me with that post wrt claire, I'd respond with the fact that I believe 3? (maybe 2 idr) times throughout this thread I asked people to ask me questions, trust me idm the attention

On 12/31/2018 at 8:53 PM, Fenrir Aesir said:

Day 1: Automated Votals from #408 to #427

Ichigo (5): Magnificence Incarnate, Athena_57, Bartozio, Sully McGully, Vi-astra
Magnificence Incarnate (2): RADicate, Ichigo
RADicate (2): Kaif, XnadrojX
Athena_57 (1): Mitsuru Kirijo
Jester's Gestures (1): weinerboy
Not voting (2): Shinori, Jester's Gestures

Phase ends in 0h5m. Hammer at 8.

Vote history:

Reveal hidden contents

Vi-astra (1): Ichigo

Jester's Gestures (1): Unvote

<Beta v2.0.4>

reposting for personal reference

4 minutes ago, RADicate said:

I mean, I didnt establish how I felt about them because I never came to a defentitive conclusion wrt a read on them. Hell, i still havent taken a heavy stance on their alignment.  So yea by every definition you could say I hedged on them. On the point that I felt their post came across as defensive I came to a personal conclusion that it was just a tonal thing and dismissed it.

I guess I can see the arguement where the intent of mine was to push attention off me with that post wrt claire, I'd respond with the fact that I believe 3? (maybe 2 idr) times throughout this thread I asked people to ask me questions, trust me idm the attention

The way you've been playing and what I do know of you wrt Anon I feel that's a bit contradictory. This is not anon so I don't wanna bring it up too hard but I've always had you on the backburner cause I felt like you were just trying to push enough content to get by. My claim that you responded to was not an isolated incident however and that was my general vibe. I'd say as a parallel my problem with Sully is that I read his posts and there is nothing to distinct him from town/scum because the way he speaks is so dramatic that I can't tell if he's actually serious or playing it up, and then with you you have these moments where you're worried about becoming too dramatic/emotional.

It's a shitty and obvious question to ask but..what are you gonna do when I flip town? Who else are you looking at?

5 minutes ago, weinerboy said:

I gave Jordan a handwave on D1 that didn't elaborate on for feeling like his posts were so careless that it couldn't possibly come from scum, but that sounds condescending in hindsight. I realize in some way I gave Amy the same pass but being in the predicament I am in it's different. I think that what could've happened is that Bart realized he was into trouble so maybe not intentionally Ichigo decided to take the fall because that early instance where everyone was on him and commenting could be counted off as happenstance and not something that was telling, and this is something I was trying to fight against. It's really hard to say 'I don't wanna talk about' because it's a lie and I definitely do but I digress. To answer you more clearly if my stubbornness happens to be right I'd say finding scum off the wagon for me rn would lie in Jester/RAD/Shinori/Sully because I remember have vague reasons for liking Shinori and he doesn't have a strong presence. In terms of how I'd rate it from varying confidence? Jester > RAD > Shinori > Claire = Jordan. If Bart isn't scum and I make an ass out of myself? I don't really feel much changes.

(not super relevant for the overall story, but two of those were on wagon)

I think the issue you're not really answering here is why is the scumteam handling EOD like this in such a case? Like, maybe I'm massively overstating this issue, but I don't really see a team with Ichigo/Bart/one of those following a coherent strategy as a team?

With for example a Ichigo/Claire/jordan scumteam you have claire trying to swing the wagon to me and ichigo leaving himself open to vote town!you or me and jordan laying low to join either of those if it catches on, or just stay on rad if they don't. Similar setups work with Ichigo/Claire/??? or Ichigo/you/???, but not really without any of ichigo's partners doing smth bc ichigo's actions don't make sense to me in that context.

4 minutes ago, Athena_57 said:

(not super relevant for the overall story, but two of those were on wagon)

I think the issue you're not really answering here is why is the scumteam handling EOD like this in such a case? Like, maybe I'm massively overstating this issue, but I don't really see a team with Ichigo/Bart/one of those following a coherent strategy as a team?

With for example a Ichigo/Claire/jordan scumteam you have claire trying to swing the wagon to me and ichigo leaving himself open to vote town!you or me and jordan laying low to join either of those if it catches on, or just stay on rad if they don't. Similar setups work with Ichigo/Claire/??? or Ichigo/you/???, but not really without any of ichigo's partners doing smth bc ichigo's actions don't make sense to me in that context.

I meant town!RAD or me here, tho ig both work