[SEMI-SATIRE THREAD] Generic Thread about how Fateswakening isn't that bad and how it still gets hate despise the fact that it really doesn't anymore.

Hanes

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You clearly miss the subtle clues which make it apparent everyone else is mute and he was ventriloquism-ing their thoughts aloud as they wished he do. He was too busy tweaking his voice a thousand ways to do that so he couldn't speak using his own voice. Therefore, you do not truly appreciate Archanea for missing such obvious indicators.

By "clues", you mean "things that the voice in my radio tell me is true", which may or may not include frogs. :P:

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who is that, Slime Garon's daughter? My Dusk Dragon she is just a blurry mess!

It's blurry so as to protect your eyes from her blinding beauty.

11 minutes ago, ping said:

thumbs_gonzalez.png though...

He's a güdè böi too.

46 minutes ago, indigocean said:

I've never heard of Fateswakening before. Is that the next new game in the series?

inb4 fateswakening on switch

That's what people call Awakening and Fates instead of using 3DS era because the latter would include Echoes. Yes people are very mean to my favorite game. Also expect a part of Crystal up, I know I've been lazy.

17 minutes ago, Critical Sniper said:

Also expect a part of Crystal up, I know I've been lazy.

Nah, it's all good, take your time. You've already gotten a lot farther than I have (and most other people, for that matter) in the game. 

The worst Fire Emblem game is obviously the one where the main character's parent dies and they have to defeat the villain responsible and their army while growing into a ruler in their own right. Think about it. It's an obvious rip-off of the Lion King. Or maybe Bambi.

44 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

The worst Fire Emblem game is obviously the one where the main character's parent dies and they have to defeat the villain responsible and their army while growing into a ruler in their own right. Think about it. It's an obvious rip-off of the Lion King. Or maybe Bambi.

Imagine Bambi with a Falchion going out and killing whatever killed his mother (never watched Bambi, so I'm just going to assume it's an evil dragon). Along the way to kill the evil dragon, Ibmab, Bambi has to find his friends, all featuring guns and the like to kill the dragon. Oh, and the Falchion is a gun sword, since I'm pretty sure the message of Bambi was that we don't need gun control. And that's why Bambi is the best FE game.

3 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Imagine Bambi with a Falchion going out and killing whatever killed his mother (never watched Bambi, so I'm just going to assume it's an evil dragon). Along the way to kill the evil dragon, Ibmab, Bambi has to find his friends, all featuring guns and the like to kill the dragon. Oh, and the Falchion is a gun sword, since I'm pretty sure the message of Bambi was that we don't need gun control. And that's why Bambi is the best FE game.

If this were a game, with cartoon forest creatures wielding guns and gunswords in a strategy rpg style to kill an evil dragon and it's army of monsters of myth that were eating them and burning down parts of the forest, I would play the hell out of that. There's no way not to make it funny.

12 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

If this were a game, with cartoon forest creatures wielding guns and gunswords in a strategy rpg style to kill an evil dragon and it's army of monsters of myth that were eating them and burning down parts of the forest, I would play the hell out of that. There's no way not to make it funny.

Sure there is, make it all about politics. And then make it really badly about politics, like Prequel levels of bad, and that's how you ruin that. Fortunetally, IS seems to be incapable of reaching that level of bad politics without injecting some other hilarity into the equation, whether it's needless death, hilariously bad character interactions, or some other thing. 

16 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

So like Rambo with Bambi.

Bambo.

That sounds like hilarious garbage. Get Disney on it.

I would try to make a response to this thread, but I'm not sure I could do one that would do it justice and somehow not look too legit and get me warned/banned for it. Even if it's FftF.

Aight, time to break out the philosophical side of me.

Personally, I'm pretty open minded.

For example, my least favorite FE game (although granted, I've only completed the 3DS ones, but I do own SS and Blazing Blade, and am pretty knowledgable on Genealogy) is Fates, and my favorite is Shadows of Valentia, but I do admit that both have their strengths and weaknesses.

While I hate Fates' localization and story-telling, I do agree that the music was great, (Even though having YoU aRe ThE oCeAn'S gRaY wAvEs shoved down my ear canals every 5 seconds got annoying quickly), the character designs were good (okay, MOST of them), and that the level design was good.

Meanwhile, while Shadows of Valentia had a very well written story with understanable characters (okay Celica did make some bad decisions, there are a few missed opportunities, Alm and Celica's romantic relationship had issues, etc, but it's a pretty good adaptation of a 20 year old story) and amazing dubbing....

Playing it.... is like watching paint dry, and the low attention span that comes with my ADHD does not help.

Where am I going with this?

.... Honestly, I have no clue, I'm sleep deprived, the weather is weird, and I'm bored.