Your Plan For Student Classes?

47 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Going with BL for first playthrough. Will recruit as many teachers and officer academy people and Felix and then either Marianne or Lysithea. 

I am thinking of having Dorothea as a dancer and Lysithea as a gremory, Felix as an alternative sword user other than byleth and I don't know about te teachers which are supposedly easier to recruit. 

I don't know what to do when it comes to my wyvern rider but that will come over time. 

Felix is already part of the Blue lions. You don't need to recruit him.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

@timon Good point. Hmm...  I think I'll go Gremory then. Do you think she'll overshadow Flayn and Mercedes who are also in the Gremory class?

That's the thing, there are other gremory's who are essentially stuck as one. Lysithea can be a solid gremory, but she can also be a great mortal savant. Levin Sword + Hexblade combat art makes her an amazing magic sword unit.

In addition, I am more than willing to bet that Thunderbrand, the relic weapon for her crest is a variant of the Levin Sword.

18 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

@timon Good point. Hmm...  I think I'll go Gremory then. Do you think she'll overshadow Flayn and Mercedes who are also in the Gremory class?

I'm pretty sure Lysithea will be the best mage (and Gremory) in the game. That personal skill is just crazy on a mage, and the archetype of the character (young prodigy) is your typical unit that explodes later on. I can see maybe just Hubert having some comparable magic growth, but he doesn't have a Faith boon and he's a man, so no Gremory.

Mercedes and Flayn seem to be geared more towards healer, which means they probably trade some Mag for some more Res, maybe in the late game they can get there, but I still don't think they'll get the sheer power of Lysithea. Also remember she gets Dark Magic, for a female that's kind of exclusive, and I'm pretty sure it will be the most powerful kind of magic.

Which doesn't mean don't make them Gremory, but they're not as heavily pushed to being one as Lysithea.

11 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

That's the thing, there are other gremory's who are essentially stuck as one. Lysithea can be a solid gremory, but she can also be a great mortal savant. Levin Sword + Hexblade combat art makes her an amazing magic sword unit.

In addition, I am more than willing to bet that Thunderbrand, the relic weapon for her crest is a variant of the Levin Sword.

Eh idk, I actually see more options for Flayn and Mercedes, they can easily go Holy Knight and Falcon Knight, or you can just have more Gremories since they'll be focused on healing magic while Lysithea is nuking. Mortal Savant means sacrificing some of that juicy magic for strength you'll never use (since you want magic swords), you could just get enough sword rank to use the relic and still go Gremory.
Also very important point IMO, she gets Dark Magic by leveling Reason, Black Tomefaire is useless.

I guess we'll see, but right now I don't see many female characters that are better off in MS than in Gremory, you're just sacrificing a lot of firepower for a gimmick, when you can just use the weapon you want as Gremory (and if it scales on Mag I'm pretty sure the difference in stat will make up for not having Swordfaire).

Edited by timon

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Will recruit as many teachers and officer academy people and Felix and then either Marianne or Lysithea. 

Isn't Felix already in BL? 

What do you guys think of having Annette as a Wyvern Lord? She has the axe boon but I think her stats will not make her an effective Wyvern Lord? 

Edited by Ririn
Added some questions.

44 minutes ago, timon said:

Mercedes and Flayn seem to be geared more towards healer, which means they probably trade some Mag for some more Res, maybe in the late game they can get there, but I still don't think they'll get the sheer power of Lysithea.

I was gonna make them Holy Knights but Mercedes is weak in Lance and Flayn is weak in Riding. Mercedes: Commoner -> Monk -> Priest -> Bishop -> Gremory. Flayn: Priest -> Bishop -> Gremory.

42 minutes ago, Ririn said:

What do you guys think of having Annette as a Wyvern Lord? She has the axe boon but I think her stats will not make her an effective Wyvern Lord? 

Wyvern Lord COULD work. She's neutral in Lances and Flying, and has a boon in Axes. If the Bolt Axe returns from Fates that would be a great weapon to give her. Personally, I would make her Mage -> Warlock -> Gremory or Dark Knight because of her boon in Reason. Plus, her crest occasionally conserves use of attack magic. If only the Malig Knight class still existed...

Edited by Bk1234

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Personally, I would make her Mage -> Warlock -> Gremory or Dark Knight because of her boon in Reason.

I'm torn between Wyvern Lord and Dark Knight for Annette. I want to do something different since from what I read here, she is more popular with being a Gremory or a Dark Knight. Thanks for the input. I have four days to decide, I think that's enough time to decide by then. 

@Ririn I'm going Dark Knight for Annette. (She requires Magic and Faith to recruit, so good luck to me!) My Black Eagles builds are unique but when I try to make characters unique I'm worried they won't be viable. 

19 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I was gonna make them Holy Knights but Mercedes is weak in Lance and Flayn is weak in Riding. Mercedes: Commoner -> Monk -> Priest -> Bishop -> Gremory. Flayn: Priest -> Bishop -> Gremory.

The Flayn situation is understandable as that's 1320 points needed for Riding, but Mercedes only needs to get Lances to C rank. That's only 300 points and is very easily do-able with either goals, tutoring and maybe being a part time soldier. And I mean very easy. 24 for one lesson in Lances means she would only need 12 lessons and 12 exp of tutoring, and if Lance was her only focus she would gain 36 which would get her done in 8 lessons and 12 exp of tutoring. A mounted healer is always a better healer imo.

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Will it still be do-able if I'm recruiting Mercedes from the Blue Lions? Is there a specific time when I should recruit her?

I would say it is definitely do-able considering it will probably be quite hard to reach master classes pre-timeskip, and you can still train students after those 12 months. As for when you should recruit her, I'm not really an expert on this topic as I have no desire to use the feature myself, but I would suggest getting all students you want ASAP so you can start training them sooner.

Edited by SpiceMan

@SpiceMan Ok, you've convinced me, I'm making her a Holy Knight! Sadly, the students I want are Lysithea, Mercedes, and Annette. Lysithea and Annette require Magic and Faith, while Mercedes requires Magic and Bow! It will be VERY difficult to get them.

Edited by Bk1234

2 hours ago, Ririn said:

Isn't Felix already in BL? 

2 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

Felix is already part of the Blue lions. You don't need to recruit him.

I meant black eagles, I didnt realize BL was also blue lions.

Updating my Plans. 

Secondary classes inside brackets ()

On 7/16/2019 at 1:48 AM, Jayvee94 said:
  • Byleth: Commoner -> Myrmidon -> Mercenary/Thief -> Hero/Swordmaster/Assassin -> Mortal Savant (Optional)

Black Eagles

• Edelgard: Noble -> Fighter(/Soldier) -> Lord/Armored Kn(/Cavalier) -> Fortress Kn(/Paladin) -> Great Knight
  • Bernadetta: Noble -> Fighter(/Soldier) -> Archer(/Cavalier) -> Sniper(/Paladin) -> Bow Knight
  • Caspar: Noble -> Fighter -> Brigand/Brawler -> Warrior/Grappler -> War Master
  • Dorothea: Commoner -> Monk/Dancer(/Myrmidon) -> Mage/Dancer(/Mercenary/Thief) -> Warlock/Dancer(/Swordmaster) -> Mortal Savant/Dancer/Gremory
  • Ferdinand: Noble -> Soldier(/Fighter) -> Cavalier(/Armor Kn) -> Paladin(/Fortress Kn) -> Great Knight
  • Hubert: Noble -> Monk(/Soldier) -> Dark Mage(/Cavalier) -> Dark Bishop(/Paladin) -> Dark Knight
  • Linhardt: Noble -> Monk(/Soldier) -> Priest(/Cavalier) -> Bishop(/Paladin) -> Holy Knight
  • Petra: Commoner -> Myrmidon/Fighter -> Thief/Mercenary/Brigand -> Wyvern Rider/Assassin -> Wyvern Lord/Falcon Kn

Blue Lions

• Dmitri: Noble -> Soldier(/Monk) -> Lord/Cavalier(/Priest) -> Paladin(/Bishop) -> Holy Knight
  • Annette: Noble -> Monk(/Soldier) -> Mage(/Cavalier) -> Warlock(/Paladin) -> Gremory/Dark Knight
  • Ashe: Commoner -> Fighter(/Soldier) -> Archer(/Cavalier) -> Sniper(/Paladin) -> Bow Knight
  • Dedue: Commoner -> Fighter -> Armor Kn./Brigand/Brawler -> Fortress Kn./Warrior/Grappler -> War Master
  • Felix: Noble -> Myrmidon(/Monk) -> Thief/Mercenary(/Mage) -> Assassin/Swordmaster/Hero(/Warlock) -> Mortal Savant
  • Ingrid: Noble -> Soldier(/Fighter) -> Pegasus Kn(/Brigand)-> Wyvern Rider -> Falcon Knight/Wyvern Lord
  • Mercedes: Commoner -> Monk -> Priest -> Bishop -> Gremory
  • Sylvain: Noble -> Soldier/Monk -> Cavalier/Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop/Paladin -> Dark Knight

Golden Deer

• Claude: Noble -> Fighter(/Soldier) -> Lord/Archer/Brigand(/Cavalier) -> Wyvern Rider/Sniper(/Paladin) -> Wyvern Lord/Bow Knight
  • Hilda: Noble -> Fighter -> Brigand/Armor Kn(/Cavalier) -> Warrior/Fortress Kn(/Paladin) -> Great Knight/Wyvern Lord
  • Ignatz: Commoner -> Fighter/Myrmidon -> Thief(/Dark Mage) -> Sniper/Dark Bishop(/Assassin) -> Mortal Savant/Bow Knight
  • Leonie: Commoner -> Soldier(/Fighter) -> Cavalier(/Archer) -> Paladin(/Sniper) -> Bow Knight/Falcon Kn
  • Lorenz: Noble -> Soldier(/Monk) -> Cavalier/Dark Mage -> Dark Bishop/Paladin -> Dark Knight
  • Lysethia: Noble -> Monk -> Mage -> Warlock -> Gremory
  • Marianne: Noble -> Monk -> Priest(/Cavalier) -> Bishop(/Paladin) -> Holy Knight
  • Raphael: Commoner -> Fighter -> Brawler(/Brigand) -> Grappler(/Warrior) -> War Master

On 7/21/2019 at 1:11 AM, Bk1234 said:

I'm picking the Black Eagles and I'm recruiting Lysithea, Mercedes, and Annette. Which character would be the BEST fit for Holy Knight? Keep in mind Flayn is recruited after a story mission and some teachers are recruitable.

Oh, BTW. I just finished my calculations. Mercedes is ALSO a your viable 2nd Holy Knight.

4 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

She only has Holy Knight as an option because you have many potential gremories.

Yeah, I have Lysithea and Flayn. Annette is gonna be a Dark Knight for some variety. Manuela will be my other Holy Knight.

Edited by Bk1234

19 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

@SpiceMan Ok, you've convinced me, I'm making her a Holy Knight! Sadly, the students I want are Lysithea, Mercedes, and Annette. Lysithea and Annette require Magic and Faith, while Mercedes requires Magic and Bow! It will be VERY difficult to get them.

Afaik it has been mentioned  in one of the previews that depending on difficulty (aka, if you play on the easiest one) that you can grind endlessly for weapon and skill XP, only the Professer level was capped through tutoring.

So if you want to complete the "collection" that would be the way to go, if you are willing to spend the time in the skirmishes.

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

@Lord of Riva I'm probably gonna play on Normal Classic. In Birthright, I grinded in the scouting missions, but it got boring. I also don't want to be too over leveled.

Faith actually shouldn't be too difficult. You could go choir with both students. Plus Byleth's hidden talent is in Faith. Bows require a more focused attention, but should be viable, especially if you put Byleth into thief/assassin for a time

@firewitch912 Thanks, I forgot about Choir.

Is putting Edelgard through the Armored Knight path a good idea? 

Spoiler

Her Timeskip class is Armored Lord, so I was wondering if it was mandatory in order to get the class.

Edited by Bk1234

23 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

@firewitch912 Thanks, I forgot about Choir.

Is putting Edelgard through the Armored Knight path a good idea? 

Hide contents

Her Timeskip class is Armored Lord, so I was wondering if it was mandatory in order to get the class.

I have a feeling that 

Spoiler

Edel defaults to Armoured Lord post timeskip anyway; so you dont really need to level your armour ranking. But you will probably need to level your armour and axe rankings to unlock the 4th tier variant of her Lord Class so it's probably a good idea anyway.