Voting Gauntlet: Headband Brawl (July 1st)

Voting Gauntlet: Headband Brawl  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What army will you support?

• Jeorge: Perfect Shot
    • Gray: Wry Comrade
    • Barst: The Hatchet
    • Tibarn: Lord of the Air
    • Sue: Doe of the Plains
    • Mia: Lady of Blades
    • Sanaki: Begnion's Apostle
    • Olivia: Sky-High Dancer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/28/2019 at 02:37 PM

People like Barst because yes, he IS that good of a unit in Shadow Dragon. He is by far away the best of the staggering amount of axe users you receive. And what little personality he has, I like it. Plus, his art is amazing. 

Point is: People like a character more for just their personality so don't just call them ''a blank slate'' because it feels kind of mocking those who do like him.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Jeorge is interesting to me, yeah. Because he hates his own family and seemingly for good reason. I'm planning to have a character kinda like that in my fic too, this guy is ashamed of his ancestors and how half his family still worships those shameful ancestors. So Jeorge being something akin to one of my own ideas is cool.

Not to mention, the fact that he can calculate so far ahead that he basically knows a good amount of cause and effect on what happens to be rather terrifying. A part of me likes to think that he's potentially Robin's ancestor, and Robin thus inherited that trait of his family. 

4 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

People like Barst because yes, he IS that good of a unit in Shadow Dragon. He is by far away the best of the staggering amount of axe users you receive. And what little personality he has, I like it. Plus, his art is amazing. 

Point is: People like a character more for just their personality so don't just call them ''a blank slate'' because it feels kind of mocking those who do like him.

You aren't wrong. And I never said that he's got a blank slate. And I know he's a good unit as well.

Just feels a little bit wrong that the one Barst beats is Tibarn.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not to mention, the fact that he can calculate so far ahead that he basically knows a good amount of cause and effect on what happens to be rather terrifying. A part of me likes to think that he's potentially Robin's ancestor, and Robin thus inherited that trait of his family. 

I see. He's pretty smart.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I see. He's pretty smart.

Smart is an understatement. Not even smart. More like cunning. As he says in his Kris support, to him, life is a chessboard and people are just chess pieces to him. He hates the lineage that gives him that trait, but he cannot deny the trait he has because he ends up using it. 

A friend of mine who is a HUGE fan of Jeorge goes pretty far about his abilities that it's almost magical. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Smart is an understatement. Not even smart. More like cunning. As he says in his Kris support, to him, life is a chessboard and people are just chess pieces to him. He hates the lineage that gives him that trait, but he cannot deny the trait he has because he ends up using it. 

A friend of mine who is a HUGE fan of Jeorge goes pretty far about his abilities that it's almost magical. 

Wow, I see. Impressive.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, I see. Impressive.

If you ever get a chance to play FE12 (provided that one day the new translation patch can be done), give it a whirl and see for yourself how Jeorge is. 

If you ever get a chance to play FE12 (provided that one day the new translation patch can be done), give it a whirl and see for yourself how Jeorge is. 

I don't emulate, so the only way I'd get to play it is if it somehow got an official localization, which probably won't ever happen. So yeah...

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't emulate, so the only way I'd get to play it is if it somehow got an official localization, which probably won't ever happen. So yeah...

You oughta make an exception for this. FE12 gets praised for having some of the best gameplay and maps.

You oughta make an exception for this. FE12 gets praised for having some of the best gameplay and maps.

Yeah, I might someday, given the circumstances.

Archanea bias aside, I really like Barst. He carried me through my SD playthrough. As much as I like Tibarn, I'm happy Barst won.

Still Team Jeorge though!

No need to worry about "winners" and "losers".  You want to know the most popular character, look at total team size at/near beginning of gauntlet.  You can look at all 8, and see which has the biggest team.  There you go the "real" winner.

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

No need to worry about "winners" and "losers".  You want to know the most popular character, look at total team size at/near beginning of gauntlet.  You can look at all 8, and see which has the biggest team.  There you go the "real" winner.

Then it looks like Olivia had the biggest, followed by Tibarn and then Mia. Tibarn was the only large team to lose. Sucks...

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

This isn't a popularity contest anymore. Get over it.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This isn't a popularity contest anymore. Get over it.

Of course it isn't, because then it'd actually have a purpose other than dispensing rewards and IS didn't want that apparently. Turning it into Mario Party, and all the bullshit that entails, was clearly the superior option said no one.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Of course it isn't, because then it'd actually have a purpose other than dispensing rewards and IS didn't want that apparently. Turning it into Mario Party, and all the bullshit that entails, was clearly the superior option said no one.

It was a popularity contest when the game mode first came out. It had zero purpose other than dispensing rewards.

The winner was already determined by the end of the first hour if it weren't already determined when the participants were announced. From a rewards standpoint, there was zero reason to join a team that wasn't going to win because the victory feathers typically made up for the lower ranking, which just piled even more players into the guaranteed winning team, resulting in a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It was an unengaging game mode that let players know what players already knew about who was popular with zero point other than getting rewards and was in no way better than what we have now.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It was a popularity contest when the game mode first came out. It had zero purpose other than dispensing rewards.

The winner was already determined by the end of the first hour if it weren't already determined when the participants were announced. From a rewards standpoint, there was zero reason to join a team that wasn't going to win because the victory feathers typically made up for the lower ranking, which just piled even more players into the guaranteed winning team, resulting in a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It was an unengaging game mode that let players know what players already knew about who was popular with zero point other than getting rewards and was in no way better than what we have now.

So basically, why haven't they just killed this mode already and replace it and its rewards with an actually engaging mode? At this point, barely anyone would miss it in that scenario, myself included.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So basically, why haven't they just killed this mode already and replace it and its rewards with an actually engaging mode? At this point, barely anyone would miss it in that scenario, myself included.

Probably because enough people enjoy or are indifferent to the mode that the noisy rabble that hates its guts doesn't matter enough. 🍿

EDIT: Also because making content for this mode is literally trivial.

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

it's literally one of the easiest ways to get 
Coins
Rocks
Feathers
Orbs. 
potential unit you don't have. 

why gripe?

It's honestly more irritating than it what offers, between dealing with the morons with same color leads and the multiplier's bullshit. It's also supposed to be a fun little event, but fails miserably at being one.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It's also supposed to be a fun little event, but fails miserably at being one.

Some people here seem to find Grand Conquests fun. I hate the mode's guts. Just because you don't find the mode fun doesn't mean other people don't.

EDIT:

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

and the multiplier's bullshit.

If you're here for rewards (which is what you seem to be complaining about in this post), then the multiplier means nothing to you because you're a feather mercenary on a team that's getting a ton of multipliers and don't actually care who wins. If you're not a feather mercenary, then you can't really complain about the rewards unless feathers really mean that much to you that you'd go out of your way to catch multipliers for point because the rest of the rewards are exactly the same. If you're here to complain about multipliers ruining your team's chance of victory, then that has nothing to do with rewards.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Wow. Did not think Tibarn would lose. Gray did, too... Guess I'm on Team Mia.

33 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Wow. Did not think Tibarn would lose. Gray did, too... Guess I'm on Team Mia.

I hope Barst loses this round though. I only joined him for the Feathers, and I want to switch to YT!Olivia's team for the final round.

14 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Even as someone that played Marth's games, Barst isn't that interesting of a character, nor is he a gamebreaking unit. Marth's games don't offer much for characters because it's a minimalist game, despite the remakes. 

And even if Barst had some personality, it isn't something that can even be compared to Tibarn. 

Finny enough Barst is actually a notable gameplay unit, had the Caeda took over didn't happen he's would be the best unit of Shadow Dragon.

Being broken in Marth's game means fucking shit for popularity if the character itself didn't have a certain level of popularity behind them to begin with, perfect example here is Luke who is so broken he's actually called "Second coming of Kris'

Or the infamous Wendell, who went through 4 iteration where everytime he got new release he got nerfed

Regarding Voting Gauntlet, frankly speaking after the latest change put into the mode, its on the fine side. None of FEH event is any interesting gameplay wise, except Abyssal Maps, so the only issue that needs worked on is a simple enough mechanics to get decent reward size, and Voting Gauntlet already fulfilled that after they shift into the orbs system

Also lets not be fucking silly now, VG used to be a popularity contest and is hated BECAUSE of it. It leads into the development to the fucking trainwreck that is Voting Gauntlet V2 until they finally move their head out of their ass and created V3.

Voting Gauntlet V1 when it was just a popularity contest without the comback mechanic was far and away the best version of the event simply because you can funnel all flags anytime and be done with it, with V3's advantage towards quest clearing being its only huge advantage

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Some people here seem to find Grand Conquests fun. I hate the mode's guts. Just because you don't find the mode fun doesn't mean other people don't.

Well. lol i am one of those people. Grand Conquest is fun, but  i understand that people don't, or people like/hate different things. but like i said, for the most part. for me, i find VG an easy way to get what i need. Coins, Rocks, Orbs. It doesn't matter who are the 8 units (I was happy as all heck that Flying Olivia finally got a banner, so i got her) while it can be irritating  to have the colour sharing etc, it's fine because it's super easy to get out of the way. 

This doesn't mean i don't wish the game to have better/more engaging content, I just feel for what it is, i think this is the easiest way to get some awards.  I'm just surprised that some don't think so that's all.