July's Mythic Hero Appears: Sothis: Girl on the Throne (July 31 ~)

Coolmanio

For the record there's nothing spoilery in the trailer.

Might try for Red and Colorless until I get something. I wouldn't mind Sothis, Caineghis or Alm. Green is tempting for Greil but I don't want to get another Legendary Lyn pity break.

I love Sothis' transformation though. "Wow, she looks... exactly the same."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Notifications said, unless they decide to change it again.

Since when? I've only ever seen notifications tell us which legendaries/mythics will appear in next month's banner, not any others beyond that.

Perfect colorless lineup!  I'll be throwing in orbs for Cain merges, but may stop once I get an Alm and an extra Eir (though hopefully lots and lots of Cains).  I probably won't touch the other colors, as close as I am at +10 Greil, I need to save orbs, and the other greens aren't main goals of mine.

I'm checking notifications now, I don't see any such message saying who's appearing next month or September or any month. Just the video.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Since when? I've only ever seen notifications tell us which legendaries/mythics will appear in next month's banner, not any others beyond that.

Do you literally not pay attention to past data or of other people compiling legendary/mythic return dates and keeping track of when each character comes back

Notifications tell you the next time a given legendary/mythic character returns if you expand the legendary banner notification that goes up once a banner drops

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Notifications for a specific Legendary/Mythic tells you the next time that Hero will show up again. By putting all notifications together, you can piece up what Legendary/Mythic units will be on a banner. Since the red units for September's banner are all Legendaries, we know the whole trio for red.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Do you literally not pay attention to past data or of other people compiling legendary/mythic return dates and keeping track of when each character comes back

Notifications tell you the next time a given legendary/mythic character returns if you expand the legendary banner notification

I do check the notifications and read them all the time, thank you very much. But I have never seen this message you're talking about in my notifications. It must have simply not appeared for some reason. Maybe it was a bug. I'm not saying you're wrong or that I'm right, just that something weird happened here.

Whatever the case though, that's a dick move of IS if it's true. They have no business putting GD Ike off for THAT long if Greil and Mist get turns now. I fully expected GD Ike to be either August or September, which are reasonable expectations.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I do check the notifications and read them all the time, thank you very much. But I have never seen this message you're talking about in my notifications. It must have simply not appeared for some reason. Maybe it was a bug. I'm not saying you're wrong or that I'm right, just that something weird happened here.

Whatever the case though, that's a dick move of IS if it's true. They have no business putting GD Ike off for THAT long if Greil and Mist get turns now. I fully expected GD Ike to be either August or September, which are reasonable expectations.

Or maybe you're just not expanding them to read more

Because in his legendary/mythic analysis threads Johann has literally been compiling future legendary banner information with what we know from previous notifications, and I know that's not the only compilation of legendary return dates out there.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Notifications for a specific Legendary/Mythic tells you the next time that Hero will show up again. By putting all notifications together, you can piece up what Legendary/Mythic units will be on a banner. Since the red units for September's banner are all Legendaries, we know the whole trio for red.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Or maybe you're just not expanding them to read more

Because in his legendary/mythic analysis threads Johann has literally been compiling future legendary banner information with what we know from previous notifications, and I know that's not the only compilation of legendary return dates out there.

I literally JUST said I checked the notifications now and I do not see such a message with Sothis's video. Clicking on it just brings up the video, no expanded notification.

Edited by Anacybele

Red comes off to me as the weakest color overall. Colorless is quite easily the strongest color for competitive players who chase after rank.

Red: I don't have any of the three units (I haven't bought 3H and probably wouldn't for the near future) but I'm not too interested/invested in any of them.

Blue: Bath Ryoma is easily the most important target in the color to me because of his weapon, It's Curtains...+; OG Azura can easily be the best user of it. Legend Azura wouldn't be too bad but I can wait for another time.

Green: Would love a Lyn merge but she comes back later.

Colorless: Would love to get an Alm merge to get rid of that Atk bane.

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Her default art is on the THRONE, the SIZE of that silhouette, whew

Hel's default is also on the throne. 

14 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

At the surprise of absolutely no one (except maybe the anti-spoiler police), Sothis is the Mythic Hero. Red that negates dragon weakness...sounds a bit like Garon. Hmm...CYL3 is just around the corner and I’d like to save for Bernadetta...I’ll just do the free roll and tap any red orb in that same summoning session and I’m out. 

Yeah, it's basically Garon's breath + LB without the cooldown increase which is pretty good actually.

I literally JUST said I checked the notifications now and I do not see such a message with Sothis's video. Clicking on it just brings up the video, no expanded notification.

That notification DOES NOT come up with Sothis's video. It will come with Sothis's ACTUAL BANNER in TWO DAYS.

If you have the patience you can literally go back to the previous legendary banner notification that came ON THE DAY OF and expand it for said information.

Edited by Sunwoo

Wow colorless is the dream.  Eir, Caineghis, Alm.  Red is really too good as well.  I think I'll pull reds and colorless.  Tempted to go all colorless, but Sothis looks interesting and powerful and Byleth weapon is amazing and comes with the ever so valuable DC.  Love Marth and never pulled him so there is that too.  

It only happens on the announcement is published when the banner launches, not on the preview announcement that happens the day before. To verify you can check the June legendary launch announcement. There's a copy of it here: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Legendary_Hero_Summoning_Event_-_Eliwood:_Blazing_Knight_(Notification)

It's a little confusing because you first have to click "more", then on "notes on this summoning event" just underneath the video.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That notification DOES NOT come up with Sothis's video. It will come with Sothis's ACTUAL BANNER in TWO DAYS.

If you have the patience you can literally go back to the previous legendary banner notification that came ON THE DAY OF and expand it for said information.

Then you should have said so before.

Fine, whatever. I still think it was a poor decision for IS to put GD Ike off for so fucking long. I got my hopes up for absolutely nothing, and I'm certain some other Ike fans did too. Starting to feel like they just hate Ike and his fans these days. Lyn gets alts and a bunch of seasonals every year while it takes over one year for Ike to get even one seasonal despite being just as popular if not more, and now this... Sigh...

Edited by Anacybele

No surprise that it's Sothis this month. She looks powerful, but unfortunately not in any particularly interesting way. Her skills are good, but rapid Special-charging is something we've seen plenty of times before. Her special is great, but it's basically just a cross of Noontime and L!Marth's Fire Emblem. I am somewhat annoyed that she doesn't have dragon-weakness for Julia and Lucina to exploit. The banner as a whole doesn't interest me, which is good because I need to save orbs after a long period of non-stop spending.

• Red: Again, Sothis is nice but not necessary. L!Marth could use a merge, but that's not too important. M!Byleth is cool, but sword infantry is the one thing I most certainly don't lack. Pass.
  • Blue: My Fjorm is fine at +2 neutral. HS!Ryoma is meh. I actively despise L!Azura. Hard pass.
  • Green: My L!Lyn is already +3. Lector is kind of redundant with Amelia and Vector. Greil could use a merge, but I barely use him. Pass.
  • Grey: Eir is +3, so no more merges needed for her. Alm could use a better asset, and Caineghis would be useful for armor teams. If I would pull, it'd be here.

No real interest this month. I'll probably just take the greys in the first set and leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then you should have said so before.

Fine, whatever. I still think it was a poor decision for IS to put GD Ike off for so fucking long. I got my hopes up for absolutely nothing, and I'm certain some other Ike fans did too. Starting to feel like they just hate Ike and his fans these days. Lyn gets alts and a bunch of seasonals every year while it takes over one year for Ike to get even one seasonal despite being just as popular if not more, and now this... Sigh...

It is not my problem if you have such a difficult time understanding and locating information no one else in this thread seems to have had trouble finding.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

It is not my problem if you have such a difficult time understanding and locating information no one else in this thread seems to have had trouble finding.

It's not my fault when IS makes poor decisions. And like I already told you, I HAVE seen the notifications that tell us what legendary heroes are appearing in the next month's banner. I simply didn't remember them telling us which ones appear in banners after that as well. Some of us don't memorize every single little thing right away or have photographic memories, you know.

Why do people keep treating me like I have to memorize shit perfectly all the time? Why is it that when I happen to forget/not remember one detail, I'm suddenly accused of not paying attention, lacking a bunch of information, and generally made out to be an idiot? So what if I don't remember something or I forgot something? We all forget sometimes, it doesn't make us stupid or lacking, people.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not my fault when IS makes poor decisions. And like I already told you, I HAVE seen the notifications that tell us what legendary heroes are appearing in the next month's banner. I simply didn't remember them telling us which ones appear in banners after that as well. Some of us don't memorize every single little thing right away or have photographic memories, you know.

Why do people keep treating me like I have to memorize shit perfectly all the time? Why is it that when I happen to forget/not remember one detail, I'm suddenly accused of not paying attention, lacking a bunch of information, and generally made out to be an idiot? So what if I don't remember something or I forgot something? We all forget sometimes, it doesn't make us stupid or lacking, people.

Nobody is saying you have to memorize anything.

But you show up in Johann's legendary analysis thread where he puts up the future list of characters who were confirmed for upcoming months, so you had to have noticed that at some point. At which point if you didn't know where that was coming from, you should've asked.

You also got very annoyed and somewhat hostile when people explained to you that we already knew the lineup for September, demanding "how do you know" and saying that you never got the notification and maybe it's a bug. Again, you have this tendency to continuously demand proof from people who are just trying to help you by giving a factual response to the point where it's kind of hostile because it sounds like you want to be right, instead of thinking "maybe they're right and there's something I missed". And I'm not saying you can't ask people where they got their information, but you need to change your tone because you come off as hostile and a "well maybe you're wrong" demeanor whenever you hear something you don't like.

Also, like I said, it's literally not my fault if you can't understand what I'm saying, especially since at least other two people are also telling you the same thing I am but you're only responding to me, and you getting hostile at me because you can't understand what I'm saying is not going to make me happy with you.

Not to mention that you were saying "I have never seen the notifications", not that you can't remember it. So ... ;/

Edited by Sunwoo

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ana, in all fairness, nobody here said you had to memorize everything. We simply noted that Legendary Heroes notifications pointed out when Legendaries/Mythics show up again, which is something that apparently you didn't know per your own posts, considering you didn't know how could people know the contents of a banner from two months away.

EDIT: Sunwoo explained it better so I'm out of this particular discussion.

Edited by Jave

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Nobody is saying you have to memorize anything.

But you show up in Johann's legendary analysis thread where he puts up the future list of characters who were confirmed for upcoming months, so you had to have noticed that at some point in the future. At which point if you didn't know where that was coming from, you should've asked.

You also got very annoyed and somewhat hostile when people explained to you that we already knew the lineup for September, demanding "how do you know" and saying that you never got the notification and maybe it's a bug. Again, you have this tendency to continuously demand proof from people who are just trying to help you by giving a factual response to the point where it's kind of hostile because it sounds like you want to be right, instead of thinking "maybe they're right and there's something I missed". And I'm not saying you can't ask people where they got their information, but you need to change your tone because you come off as hostile and a "well maybe you're wrong" demeanor whenever you hear something you don't like.

Fair enough, but the reason I ask for sources and where they got the information is because I'm considering that I'm wrong. Just to clarify. Yes, I'll admit that I often hate being wrong, because it always feels like I am a lot, and if I'm wrong a lot, I feel very misinformed, unintelligent, etc. But it doesn't mean I can't admit to being wrong. Heck, sometimes I'm actually glad to be wrong, believe it or not.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, like I said, it's literally not my fault if you can't understand what I'm saying, especially since at least other two people are also telling you the same thing I am but you're only responding to me, and you getting hostile at me because you can't understand what I'm saying is not going to make me happy with you.

But it's words like this, particularly the bold, that make me feel like I'm being told I'm an idiot. Even if you're not intending this, it's coming off that way to me.

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

Ana, in all fairness, nobody here said you had to memorize everything. We simply noted that Legendary Heroes notifications pointed out when Legendaries/Mythics show up again, which is something that apparently you didn't know per your own posts, considering you didn't know how could people know the contents of a banner from two months away.

EDIT: Sunwoo explained it better so I'm out of this particular discussion.

As I stated above, fair enough.

Edited by Anacybele